What If?...

TMM

Guest Hulkster1286

Great Diary Man. I think you are really giving it the old WCW feel with a little of today's "attitude". I think you are making the right decision to push Kanyon the way the WWE wouldn't do, and I think you should give Mark Jindrak a nice push as well,because he is so underated and has so much talent.You should hook him up with a manager or a tag partner with a good amount of charisma to make up for his lack of it.Anyway I think the diary is great and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who misses WCW.Also I think you should consider signing Hulk Hogan.He may have crappy in-ring skills,but he is by far the most charismatic guy in wrestling.Not to mention his incredible drawing power.Just a suggestion,keep up the good work.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

Monday 16th July 2001

user posted image

SHAWN MICHAELS JUMPS TO WCW...with X-Pac possibly joining him!

Shawn Michaels made his WCW debut last night at the 'Bash at the Beach' pay-per-view by interfering in the World Heavyweight title match and costing Booker T his title, while seemingly joining his 'kliq' buddies in the nWo. However, the reasoning for this is partly due to the persuasion of his close friends, as well as the fact that he has been unhappy in the WWF recently.

Michaels was scheduled to referee the WrestleMania X7 encounter between the Undertaker and Triple H in April. He was suppose to be on the SmackDown before the big show to hype up the appearance, but turned up 'in no condition to work' and then had the appearance cancelled. Michaels was said to be furious with the decision, but took it like a man and left it alone. He hasn't been on good terms with Vince McMahon since then.

In addition to that, he also had to live with the actions of his buddy Triple H, who's break-up with Vince's daughter Stephanie led to him leaving the company. The McMahon family don't forget things like that, and have taken to punishing both Michaels as well as the other remaining 'kliq' member, X-Pac. X-Pac has been stuck in a horrible 'inter-gender' feud with Lita over the Light-Heavyweight title, and is rumoured to be losing this Sunday's 'Fully Loaded' encounter.

In the case of Michaels, he has not been recieving what he sees as 'adequate pay' for public appearances and such.

Both Michaels and X-Pac are upset that McMahon is punishing them for the actions of someone else, simply because they are close friends. Sources close to Sean Waltman say that he is sick of it in the WWF, and would be willing to make the jump to WCW if offered the right money.

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Hmm don't know bout X-Pac coming in since he pretty much hates Bischoff's guts for firing him in 98. Plus Bischoff never really cared for him and Flair hates him along with Nash and Hall. But then again X-Pac could be of some use since most WCW fans didn't see him in the WWF after leaving WCW meaning that he can keep doing the same crap he did in the WWF and it won't get stale in WCW for a long time :shifty:

Or you could bring X-Pac in and not put him in the nWo and make his own stable..... Call it Syxx Factor :shifty:

Anyways looking forward to the next update man

-- Chapter Nineteen --

Monday 16th July 2001

Before Monday Nitro begins...

Bischoff strolled around the backstage area with his head held high after revealing last night to the world his huge coup in the form of Shawn Michaels. People had been congratulating him all day long on the 'amazing signing' and he knew that it would garner this reaction from people.

'I mean, this is Shawn Michaels! The man who helped the WWF rise to prominance in the late 90's. Well, him and Steve Austin.'

Bischoff shuddered in anger at the thought of Austin. Bischoff had tried to convince him to join WCW a while back but, after thinking about the deal, Austin told Bischoff 'where to stick it'. Bischoff thought that his charm, and the fact that he had managed to bring in Triple H. In actuality, the Triple H and Shawn Michaels 'jumps' were mainly down to both Kevin Nash and Scott Hall who had (with the assistance of Triple H's break-up with Stephanie) convinced the two to come here.

He expected a similarly 'congratulatory' reaction among the wrestlers tonight. But he was wrong. He was getting head-shakes from some of the boys, some dirty looks and also heard some people whispering behind his back, but before he could confront them, they stopped and walked off. He couldn't, for the life of him understand what was wrong with them.

He soon had a good idea though, as Shawn michaels, Kevin Nash, Triple H and Scott Hall walked down the corridor in his direction. All the young superstars around him quickly walked away.

Nash: Hey Eric. You know; we were thinking, seen as you were kind enough to bring in Shawn here to the company. Hows about you sign 'the other' Sean as well? You know; the guy you fired a while back when he was injured?

Bischof: Ya...you mean Sean Waltman right? Look guys, I'm sorry for what happened back...

Michaels: Hey hey man! We're just kidding! You don't have to apologize, we know it's all in the past. Anyway, even Pac forgives you! Seriously, he does. In fact, he wants to come work for you again. I mean, he's being treated like crap up there; like me and Trips were, so, I'll tell you what...how about you give him a ring? You know, ask him if he wants a job down here. He'll accept, I promise you.

Bischoff: I...

Michaesl: Oooo! Better idea! How about WE talk to him? We're meeting him Wednesday you know, so if you want, we can convince Pac to sign! Come on! All you need to do is give the word.

What should Bischoff do?

A. Tell them to talk to Sean Waltman/X-Pac/Syxx signing for WCW.

B. Dont talk to him about signing for WCW.

I'll post Nitro before the end of the week I hope

Guest UmpireAJS

DONT SIGN PAC! He will kill Bischoff and Ric Flair,remember Bischoff has to go through Flair and Sting and Flair would NEVER approve this.And don't listen to Hewey on this since we all know his love for the clique.

I reckon they should ask him to sign and get the full NwO and other than Triple H and Michaels, the others cant put on a great match ie Hall and Nash can't wrestle! and it gives Bischoff the full clique to deal with, but then again he'd have to go through Flair and Sting and the NwO might destroy the company, so I don't really know -0 I'm loving the diary either way.

Edited by Haslemere Bull

What Should Bischoff do?

B.!

For god's sake B.! You have enough of the kliq under one federation as it is. Besides though waltman is one of the three more talented members in ring wise( the others being HBK and trips ) he is a pain in the ass to deal with on EWR, injury prone and constantly going to rehab. Besides the nWo is big enough in my opinion. Adding any more then one more member( and even that's stretching it ) to it would be overkill and you'd have to give up air time for others to make sure each of them gets some, not to mention how it'd be hard to get them all on going storylines.

Any ways good job so far, and yeah as AJS said, don't listen to hewey and his kliq loving ways. You'd end up like the real WCW if you did....ten feet under. Reason i say six rather then ten is cause it should have been able to get a respectable death instead of remaining WCW kliq members in it and the other power hungry hogs and russo raped it's legacy and dragged it down deeper into the ground......

Besides i doubt flair would let waltman in, and i think sting and flair would be onto eric soon. So i just don't see eric being able to slip by them another kliq member. But that's just my opinion. That and i'd like to see sting and flair get more involved in the backstage stuff, as they've seemed to have taken a backseat of sorts in them, once and a while poping up or being mentioned, but mostly eric being the main focus....well the kliq and eric any ways.

What should Bischoff do?

A. Tell them to talk to Sean Waltman/X-Pac/Syxx signing for WCW.

It's not that I don't like the guy, it's just he doesn't need to be there. If he comes in though, set him up in a feud with someone good like Juvi or something. Heck you could even work it so he became a member of the Filty Animals as he fits the whole personality of the group. Although I wouldn't want to see it happen, so maybe not. If you sign him then good, still I'd go for B :P

Anyway looking forward to Nitro.

Guest Smokey McPott

For many of the reasons above stated by Protoman. Basically, you don't need X-Pac. Having him there won't add anything to the product.

Bischoff has to get some balls and now is the perfect time, HBK & HHH are very big names and so I can see why they jumped but not X-Pac. Plus more Flair & Sting is wanted...

*y2gudge*

-- Chapter Twenty --

Monday 16th July 2001

Before Nitro...

Bischoff pondered the thought for a moment, but realised he couldn't do it. Sean Waltman would be a pretty good addition to the roster, but he knew that neither Flair nor Sting would let him go over their heads to sign him. He would, at the very least, have to get the permission of both of them to do so.

Bischoff: Um, you know, I'd love to bring him in, and it's not me who would have a problem, but Ric Flair and, you know, Steve might have a problem with it...

Nash: What do you mean? You want to leave him up in the WWF where he's being treated like shit? He would be WILLING to come down here man! He's a 'name' in this sport! When Shawn and Trips jumped to WCW, the viewers went up! Fans turned over because they know them both, and the same will happen if you sign Sean...

Bischoff: Listen to me! Look, I run this place, and I decide who gets hired, and right now, I don't want you offering him a job! Is that clear guys?

Triple H: So, what? Apparantley, you're a changed guy, and will give people a chance now...

Bischoff: So what? You don't think hiring you or Shawn was giving people a chance? Listen to me; I never said that I didn't want to hire him. What I said was that I don't want you guys talking to him. I need to talk to Ric and Steve before anything happens, alright? And I will talk to them, but until I say otherwise; don't talk to him about a job, is that clear?

After a while of pondering, they agreed with Bischoff, and gave their word they wouldn't offer him a job...

Glad to see Bischoff showing who's boss (well one of them) since WCW needed someone to show who was boss instead of letting wrestlers run around doing as they please. (though I'd like to see Waltman in WCW if not then no big loss :D

Now Nash can't really threaten Bischoff to get his way since Nash already has the title. Sure he can tell Flair and Sting about Bischoff promising him the belt but it's already been done. Flair and Sting might be a bit pissed but nothing bad came out of it.

Looking forward to Nitro :D

user posted image

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

Monday 16th July 2001

user posted image

We are LIVE in Norman, Oklahoma

Our hosts are Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay and Jerry “the King” Lawler

Coming off the back off an awesome PPV (ending) WCW, not ones to change the habit of a lifetime, open up with the nWo! Hey! Where’s Shawn Michaels? Well, it’s just Hall, Nash and Triple H…woah. There are fireworks! There are streamers going all over the place! Confetti falling from the ceiling, and some balloons in the ring. Of course, these balloons have been spray-painted with ‘nWo’ on them. Nash is holding his newly won World title up in the air, and is getting booed rather loudly by the crowd. Triple H and Scott Hall are clapping him in the background.

Nash: Ah…it feels GREAT to finally have MY World Heavyweight title back around my shoulder, don’t you guys agree (they nod)? So, me and my buddies’ thought that, seen as justice has FINALLY been served here in WCW, they thought it was only right that we throw a party for…wait for it…for me! That’s right! The brand NEW World Heavyweight champion is me.

Hall: Hey yo. It’s survey time (yay!)! How many of you have come to see the nWo (crowd, predictably boos)? And how many of you came here to see WCW (crowd cheers)? One more for the good guys. You know what is missing here Big Sexy? There’s somebody missing from this party…

Triple H: Kev, he’s right, somebody VERY important isn’t out here with us. So I’ll tell you what; let’s bring out the man who is responsible for bringing the World Heavyweight title into the ranks of the nWo. Ladies, gentlemen…and all you other folks…Shawn Michaels!

The nWo music hit, and the man who SAVED the PPV last night makes his way out. I still can’t believe I’m seeing Shawn Michaels walk out on WCW TV. It’s *sorta* like it was seeing Ric Flair turn up in the WWF with the WCW title. Weird. Anyway, Michaels has five ladies with him; one for each member of the nWo…and two for himself I guess. Lawler kept calling him the ‘Showstoppa’, so something tells me that is going to be the replacement for the ‘Heart Break Kid’ nickname.

Michaels: Hey hey hey! Shawn Michaels is BACK on Monday night television! Shawn Michaels has FINALLY arrived in WCW after nearly FOURTEEN YEARS up north with that ‘other’ company. I was convinced by my best friends in the WHOLE world here; Big Kev, Tripster and Scotty over here…they convinced me that down HERE was where the action was. So, I got on a bus…wait, the Showstoppa on a bus? Don’t be STUPID! I got in my private jet, and flew down to El Paso, Texas to see WCW’s ‘Bash at the Beach’. Wait; WATCH the ‘Bash at the Beach’? Something’s a little bit wrong there don’t ya think? I came down here to see my BEST FRIENDS in the whole world, and I came down to cost Booker T the World Heavyweight championship! Ha ha! I’m nice like that don’t ya think? But you know who isn’t very nice; you fans, you’re not very nice. You see, a while back I had a name, a name that was three initials. You remember it don’t you (fans chant ‘HBK’)? That would be the one. Well, those three initials were more than just a nickname; they were WHO I WAS! I was the showstoppa, the main event, but you know what; you people killed who I was! You turned against me when you felt like it, and jumped on the bandwagon of the next big thing that came along! You know who I’m talking about don’t you? I’ll give you a clue shall I; he was a Hollywood Blonde. Know who I mean now you stupid Oklahomans? But you know what; I don’t care about you selfish fans anymore, because as of THIS moment, I am a member of the most dominant faction in wrestling history! I’m a member of the New World Order, and you fans can stick it!

Michaels throws down the mic, and has the two women that were standing with him comfort him. Michaels starts to rubs his head on their chests, which gives him a big smile.

Triple H: He’s right; you fans mean nothing to us! But somebody in this arena means a great deal to ALL of us; Goldberg! I mean, last night he thought that he could stop the nWo from getting their hands on the World title? He attempted to prevent the inevitable! Goldberg; you’re nothing but a road-block, and you just so happen to be in OUR way! Now, Booker T…

Just as Trips says his name, Booker T comes out onto the stage with a big old plaster on his head. “He doesn’t look very pleased,” says Tony Schiavone. Duh.

Booker: Real nice speech there Shawn, real nice. But you know something; you’re right. The people don’t care about you, do you know why? No it’s not because they jumped on the bandwagon of other people, it’s because you are a selfish sanctimonious son of a bitch! Is that clear enough for you? They don’t cheer you because you’re hanging around with those three losers in the ring. I mean, you were once on top of the world, but now, you can’t wrestle anymore, so you’re trying to hang on to whatever popularity you still think you have by joining up with two has-beens and one never-will be! So Shawn; keep out of my business, because I need to speak to ‘Big Poochie’ over there!

Nash: You talking to me boy?

Booker: Do you see any other big hairy animal in the…oh, stupid question, coz I actually see four in the ring! But Nash, I AM talking to you, and I’m DEMANDING a rematch for the World Heavyweight title TONIGHT!

Nash: Easy fella, do you think I’m gonna just give you a title shot after you come out here and INSULT my friends like that? Hell no Booker, I don’t think I will.

Booker: What’s the matter Nash? You scared I’m gonna beat you tonight eh? Big Daddy BITCH (the nWo didn’t like this, and Nash nearly went nuts)!

Nash: Alright Booker; you want your match…you’ve got it! Me and you. One-on-one. World Heavyweight title on the line…next week (crowd boos). What; you think I’m gonna wrestle tonight!?! Are you people stupid? Silly question. First off; I wrestled 20 minute match last night! I’m tired! Secondly; the main event is booked. You expect the World champion to play second fiddle to something else? No. So Booker, it’s next week, or never, decide!

Booker: Next week Nash…it’s on! You can bring your boys if you want, but either way, that title is coming home with ME! Now can you dig that…sucka!?!

Booker threw down the microphone, and the nWo stared at Booker as the show went to a commercial. Ok, so Shawn was still staring at his lady friends, but you get the point. Strong opening to the show, and now we get some tag team action! Yeah!

Commercial Break

WCW Tag Team titles: Mike Awesome and Lance Storm vs. the Filthy Animals ©

This should be interesting. Mike Tenay runs down what happened last night with the former-former Tag Team champions (Palumbo and O’Haire) running in and costing the then-champions (Storm and Awesome) the match and titles and finally capped it off with a beat down on the new Tag Team champions (Rey Jr. and Billy Kidman). Phew, to many champions for me in that sentence. Rey and Awesome start off, and Awesome flexes a little bit, saying how Rey isn’t a match for him. He turns to Lance to insult Rey some more, but gets rolled up from behind for a near fall. Awesome gets up and goes down after a quick dropkick. The same sequence goes on for a bit, with Mysterio hitting a head-scissors, a swinging DDT and a bulldog before getting a second near-fall off the bulldog. Awesome tossed Mysterio off of him to escape the pin, and then tried a springboard crossbody, but Awesome caught him and hit a big fallaway slam. Awesome then picked him up and tossed him into the corner before tagging in Lance Storm. The heels hit a double powerbomb, and Storm then rolled through for a near fall but Rey had his foot on the bottom rope. Storm did his funky kicks to Mysterio’s knee a couple of times before then going outside and WRAPPING his knee around the ringpost not once, not twice, but THREE times! Three times = more pain. To add insult to even more injury, Storm whips Mysterio across the ring and laughs when he falls over. He’s an evil Canadian, so it makes sense. He then grabs a hold of Rey Rey’s leg and locks in the Maple Leaf! Rey screams out in pain and clambers for the ropes with Storm sitting down on the hold to really put some pressure on Rey’s back and leg. Kidman is getting the fans to cheer on Mysterio during this, but has enough and goes to the toprope and…wow…Kidman takes out Lance Storm with a bulldog off the top rope! Kidman goes back out of the ring and awaits a tag. Storm, after taking the bulldog, is closer to his partner and makes the tag. Awesome comes in, picks up Rey Mysterio and waves his hand at Billy Kidman to taunt him. He he. Mysterio somehow bursts into life and hits a stunner on Awesome! They both fall down on the mat, with Mysterio slowly getting closer to his corner. Just as Mysterio is gonna make the tag, Lance Storm runs in and draws the refs attention. The ref doesn’t see the tag so he sends Kidman to the apron. In the meanwhile, Mike Awesome picks up Mysterio and hits a spinebuster, and then tags in Storm. Storm goes to the top rope and Awesome sets Rey up over his knee, back first. Mysterio sees what’s coming and kicks Mike Awesome in the head before getting a drop toehold on Awesome! Storm gets crotched on the top rope, and Mike Awesome is laying on the second rope. Mysterio gets up in pain, holding his lower back and visibly limping. He looks at Billy Kidman, then looks and Mike Awesome…and decides to hit the 619! Mysterio collapses on the apron, but gets up and calls for the hurricanrana. Lance Storm pops up and low blows Mysterio the apron! The ref is busy checking on Mike Awesome, who miraculously shakes off the 619 and grabs Mysterio for a suplex, drops Mysterio onto his shoulders and hits a death-valley-driver, but drops him face first on the mat! Awesome covers Mysterio, and for extra leverage uses the ropes to get the shock…1…2…3 and the titles! After the match, Palumbo and O’Haire run through the crowd and blindside the new champions with steel chairs! Billy Kidman slides into the ring to check on Rey Rey, but he gets blasted as well! Palumbo goes outside and brings in the belts, and they lay them over the waists of Storm and Awesome, much like they did last night with the Animals.

Rundown

Winners and NEW WCW Tag Team champions: Lance Storm and Mike Awesome (8:56)

Well…another title change. That’s two in two days, and three since the re-launch. For once, I’m all for this change. It makes sense to give the faces a run with the belts, and then hot shot it back to the heels. I would’ve preferred the title change to take place next week, but I’ll live with it. Also, adding the third team into the mix gives this feud a new dimension.

* ¾ - Good match. Not as good as the ‘Bash at the Beach’ match, but it was still entertaining.

Commercial Break

Nitro returns and…hey! Rob Van Dam, the brand NEW Hardcore champion is coming out to the ring. He’s got the title belt slung over his right shoulder and has a microphone in hand. He gets in the ring and whispers something in ‘Mene’ Gene’s ear, who then repeats his ring announcement:

‘Mene’ Gene: Excuse me…Allow me to introduce to you; the new Hardcore champion, Mr. Monday Night, Rob…Van…Dam (RVD and the fans ‘thumb’ along with him)!

RVD: Thanks dude. Now, Mr. Monday Night is out here with his NEWLY won Hardcore title, and I wanna give an open challenge to any dude in the back that was in last nights Hardcore title match to come on out, and give me a match! Come on dude.

RVD waits and…Terry Funk comes out! I thought it was a one-shot deal? Oh well.

Funk: Rob…

RVD: Hey Terry dude! Hey, I’m Rob…Van…Dam, but you can call me Mr. Monday Night if you want.

Funk: Ok. This is probably going to be my last run in the big time, so I wanna go out with a classic match with one of the best hardcore wrestlers today! I’m talking about you; me and you for the title! Hardcore Legend vs. Hardcore Legend, what do you say?

RVD: Ok, but who’s the Hardcore Legend dude? Nah I’m just playing man! Terry; it’d be my honour to face you dude. Come on…

WCW Hardcore title: Terry Funk vs. Rob Van Dam ©

Terry Funk “runs” down to the ring, and the two go at it. RVD loses the fisticuffs and gets sent off the rope. Funk telegraphs it, and RVD rolls over the back and when Funk turns round, RVD does the splits (ouchy) and gives Funk the UPPERCUT OF DEATH, knocking the legend to the floor. RVD takes this opportunity to bugger off outside and bring in a Singapore cane and steel chair. He cracks the cane over Funk’s back, who goes into over-sell mode and starts spinning around (his head stays stationary of course…). RVD does the thumbs and runs to the ropes for the Rolling Thunder, but lands back first on Funk’s knees! Funk gets up slowly and grabs the cane. He goes nuts, whacking it on the ropes and on his head and face till a small cut appears. I ask you; if a shot from RVD makes him nearly die, how comes he doesn’t collapse when he hits himself? Well Funk starts yelling and muttering things as he cracks the cane over RVD’s head and then hits a DDT on the steel chair. He gets a VERY near fall for that. We gets some slow Funk offence for about a minute, then RVD ducks a chair shot and lands the (chairless) Van Daminator! RVD hops onto the top rope, and hits the Five Star Frog Splash for the win, and successful title defence. RVD helps Funk to his feet and starts to clap his hands, with the fans following suit. Funk extends his hand for RVD, who shakes it and…low blows Funk!?! RVD shrugs his shoulders and piledrives Funk! What the…? This is getting a good, if mixed reaction. RVD gets the steel chair and WHACKS Funk with it before seating him in the corner and running in the chair-assisted dropkick to the mouth! He leaves the chair in Funk’s face and then poses. He shrugs his shoulders, does the thumbs again and goes to the top rope…Van Terminator! Van Dam grabs his belt and does the thumbs once more before departing the scene, leaving Funk bloodied and beaten in the corner, with EMT’s rushing onto the scene.

Rundown

Winner and STILL WCW Hardcore champion: Rob Van Dam (6:45)

Well, this could either be the kick-start to a RVD/Funk feud, or it could just be that RVD is gonna be using his old ‘Whole Damn Show’ gimmick. Hey; either way I’m gonna enjoy it! Personally, I hope it isn’t the feud. Nothing against Funk, but he can’t keep up with Van Dam at 57.

* - Wasn’t much, but it was certainly a brave move by WCW to turn RVD (if that’s what they’re doing)

We go to the back where Booker T and GOLDBERG are with Scott Hudson

Hudson: I am backstage here with two men who were heavily involved in the World Heavyweight title match last night at ‘Bash at the Beach’. Booker T was cheated out of his title, and Goldberg here was distracted by Scott Hall and Triple H when Shawn Michaels appeared in the ring. First I…

Goldberg: Listen to me Scott; I was distracted, I was jumped, look at it however the hell you want man, but you see, last night was a dark night for WCW. The nWo are now more powerful than ever, and while I hate to admit it; I will take some of the blame. But you know what; their reign of terror won’t last for long because that World Heavyweight title belt is going to be going to Booker T next week, and I will PERSONALLY make sure of it! Oh, and Triple H? If you have the balls, I am laying out a challenge for YOU August 26th at ‘Road Wild’. Me and you, one-on-one. I don’t care about the stipulations, but what I do want is to get you in that ring so I can kick your ass! I’ll wait for the answer; but don’t take to long, because if I don’t have one by next week…well…YOU’RE NEXT!

Goldberg walks off, leaving Scott and Booker all alone.

Hudson: Strong words there from Goldberg, but I want to ask you how you feel about your match next…

Booker: How do I feel? How do you THINK I feel Scott? I’m pumped! I wanted the match tonight, but Nash being the gutless fool that he is says next week. I can dig that. Next week Nash we fight again, and this time; it’s the LAST time you wear the belt, because it’s coming home with ME!

Booker walks off, not saying his catchphrase. Oh…boo. Hey, now we’re somewhere else in the back and Malice and the Wall are going at it! Big HOSS fight! Malice grabs the Wall and slams him into himself…I mean grabs THE Wall and slams into A wall. Dust falls onto the floor. Nice touch. Malice then grabs the Wall by his shoulders and DRIVES him head first THROUGH the opposite wall! Malice wipes his hands, and then is approached by Jamie Knoble. He congratulates him and tells him that Helms is next.

Commercial Break

We’re back, and it’s time for some MORE nWo! Can’t get enough of these fellas can we? It’s Hall and Trips out, with Michaels accompanying them. They’re in ring gear, so lets see what happens. Trips has a mic.

Triple H: Nice speech Bill. It was good, but did you have to write it down to make it sound intimidating? Because I know you aren’t the sharpest knife in the draw. But in regards to your challenge Bill; it’s on! You think I’m afraid of you? Well your damn wrong! Now, tonight. As you can see, me and Scott are out here in our ring-gear. For all you stupid people out there, that means we’re gonna have a match. Any team in the back that thinks they can take us, come on out now!

Triple H and Scott Hall w/ Shawn Michaels vs. David Flair and Crowbar

The nWo boys stood in the ring and waited for a little while…until David Flair and Crowbar came out! Um…yay? The nWo aren’t exactly ‘frightened’ by the prospect of facing these guys…but didn’t David just get squashed last night? Shouldn’t he have a bit of an ankle injury or something? Oh well. They run down to the ring and quickly exchange blows with ‘the big guys’ before hitting stereo dropkicks that forced H and Hall to the outside to regroup. They come back inside, and Scott Hall starts the match with Crowbar. Hall does his little ‘I’m scared’ thing…before getting knocked on his ass after he got tricked into going for a lock-up. Crowbar ducked and dropkicked him onto the mat. Hall is pissed. So would I if I was just embarrassed by a guy who is named after a metal object that is instrumental in car theft. He gets up, and this time he’s the one who dodges a Crowbar lock-up and knees him in the gut and hits a knee to the face to knock him down. He tags in Trips, who looks ready to kick some ass. He comes in and squares off with David Flair. David DOES look to be slightly limping, and Lawler assures everyone that Triple H has noticed it. Triple H takes no shit from David, and just kicks the CRAP out of him here! For about four or so minutes, we get some classic H offence on David, as well as mocking of Daddy. Triple H gets a delayed (for about 15 seconds!) vertical suplex, and then starts kicking the CRAP out of the injured right ankle. He then grabs the leg, does a piss-take of Ric and locks in the Figure Four to a tonne of ‘Whooo’s’ from the crowd. David is in pain here. Doing what he did last night; he tries to eat him hand to take away from the pain. David is literally on the verge of submitting when Crowbar came in and kicked Trips in the head! Trips gets up and tags in Scott Hall, who picks up David and signals for the Outsiders Edge. On the other side of the ring, Shawn Michaels pulls Crowbar off the apron! Crowbar turns right round into a Super Kick from Michaels! Who shrugs his shoulders and pretends nothing happened. Hall delivers the Outsiders Edge to David Flair, and covers him for the simple victory. Michaels grabs Crowbar and throws him into the ring, where Hall is kind enough to give HIM the Outsiders Edge, as not to leave anyone out. Triple H is punching away at David, when all of a sudden “Self High Five” is heard over the speakers, and Diamond Dallas Page comes running out to the ring with a chair! The nWo quickly duck out of the ring and slowly back up the ramp. DDP checks on David and Crowbar, with the nWo smirking and surveying the damage they have done.

Rundown

Winners: Scott Hall and Triple H (7:45)

Well, I’m not 100% sure of the point of that match; I think its probably just there to further the Hall/DDP feud if anything. It gets over the nWo for being sneaky cheater-types I guess, and allows HB…I mean Shawn Michaels to show what an ‘asset’ he is at ringside for them.

½ * - Wasn’t exactly entertainment, and it was a filler-match with the idea to further the Hall/DDP feud.

Commercial Break

Nitro comes back, and we get a pre-taped video of Eric Bischoff saying that he couldn’t be here tonight as he had a very important matter to deal with tonight. He promised he would be on Nitro next week to announce the main event of next months ‘Road Wild’ pay-per-view, and that he would announce it in the ‘main-event slot’ of the show. Hmmm, I wonder what on earth he’s talking about?

WCW United States title: Chris Kanyon w/ Randy and Alexis vs. Ken Shamrock

Kanyon is out first and he has both his ‘obsessed fans’ with him. Randy has a couple of bits of folded up paper with him, and Kanyon stopped when he saw a ‘Shamrock will snap YOU!’ sign. He pointed it out to Randy, who confiscated the sign…and gave him a ‘Who betta than Kanyon? Nobody!’ sign! BWAHAHAHAHA! They did this a further three times before finally reaching the ring. Then Kanyon took a mic from a dude next to the ring.

Kanyon: …who betta than Kanyon?

Randy & Alexis: Nobody betta than Kanyon!

Kanyon: Ha ha, too right! And Ken Shamrock; you aren’t even in my league! So tonight, I am going to beat your talentless ass for the United States title! You people might want to cheer Ken Shamrock, but that is because you are willing to settle for mediocrity! But I; I am 100% pure brilliance! I mean, the greatest wrestler in the world is standing before you right now! I think that you should be doing exactly what both Randy and Alexis are doing; get on your knees and praise me! But hey; I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know now am I? I mean, you all KNOW that I am the greatest wrestle…

Kanyon gets cut off mid sentence by the music of Ken Shamrock! Shamrock runs into the ring as Randy and Alexis run OUT of it! Kanyon tried to reason with Shamrock, but we all know that ain’t gonna work, and he proves us right by beating the hell out of him. We get an Irish-whip on Kanyon, who goes down with a dropkick. Shamrock stands up to a big cheer and waits for Kanyon to stand up before hitting a spinning backdrop. He bridges and gets a near fall, and then lifts up Kanyon, and slams him down with a vertical suplex in which he just drops him down! Shamrock signals for the end, and locks in the Ankle Lock! But Kanyon is on the ropes, so the ref makes Shamrock release it. Randy hops up onto the apron, but Shamrock knocks him on his ass with a straight punch to the face! Ow! The ref checks to see if Randy is still alive, so Kanyon takes advantage of the situation by low blowing Shamrock! Kanyon gets to his feet and takes Shamrock down with a DDT, getting a near fall. Kanyon starts to kick Shamrock in the head, and the grabs a headlock. Shamrock tries to fight out of it, and four times he manages to roll Kanyon over to turn the hold into a pinfall in his favour, but each time Kanyon rolls back and locks in the hold harder. After the last ‘roll-over’ Kanyon releases the hold and tries to kick away at Shamrock’s head, but Shamrock grabs the leg and trips Kanyon up! He then grabs a grapevine on the leg, and really pulls back on it! Kanyon is in a heck of a lot of pain and looks ready to tap but, with the ref’s back turned, Alexis rakes the eyes of Shamrock, making him release the hold! Shamrock stumbles to his feet and again, being the idiot that he is, goes after Alexis. Kanyon comes from behind and takes Shamrock off his feet with a chop-block, and after a few seconds of catching his breath, grabs the right leg and stomps away before dropping a couple of elbows on the join of the leg. Kanyon gives a thumbs up to his two ‘fans’ before going for the Figure-Four! But Shamrock manages to muster enough strength to send Kanyon flying into the turnbuckle! Kanyon struggles to a vertical base before hitting a quick belly-to-belly before collapsing in pain. He crawls over and covers Kanyon, but only gets a near fall. Shamrock looks around with the ‘Shamrock-stare’ which on it’s own gets a pop! Shamrock gets to his feet and looks around at the fans. Then Shamrock SNAPS! He starts pounding his head and stares a whole through Kanyon. Kanyon looks terrified, and begs Shamrock off of him, but Shamrock doesn’t care as he limps over to Kanyon and starts kicking away at him (still selling the injured left knee/leg by shaking it a little after each stomp), and then walks around the ring all the while roaring! The fans are eating this up…so am I for that matter. He picks up Kanyon and THROWS him at the turnbuckle before whipping him across the ring. Shamrock’s knee buckled, and Kanyon just collapsed after hitting the turnbuckle. The ref starts a count, but Shamrock quickly gets up and locks in the Ankle Lock! Kanyon is screaming in pain, but won’t tap out. Randy gets in the ring to break it up, but Shamrock quickly releases the hold and hits a brilliant belly-to-belly! The ref checks on Randy as Alexis slides something to Kanyon. Kanyon ‘plays dead’ but as soon as Shamrock picks him up, Kanyon punches him in the face, knocking him back a couple of steps. Shamrock turns around and holds his head. He turns round with a gash on his forehead…and walks into the Flatliner! Kanyon makes the cover…1…2…3, Kanyon is the new United States champion! What a damn good match! Alexis comes in with the belt in hand and she helps Kanyon to his feet. Kanyon has brass knuckles on his hand! That’s what Alexis slid him. He quickly passes them to Alexis who puts them in her shorts. Randy slowly comes over to join the celebrations, looking ‘as high as a kite’ as well as totally confused. In the background, Shamrock rolls over and ‘sits up’! Well, he just gets up and checks his forehead and sees blood! Shamrock goes nuts and lets out a ‘primal scream’ I guess is one way of describing it. Kanyon’s crew hears it, and they turn around slowly. Shamrock charges and kills Kanyon and Randy dead with a double-clothesline. Randy falls out of the ring, but Kanyon has no such luck as Shamrock picks him up and does a Goldberg-esque Gorilla press into a spinebuster before yelling (again!) and locking in the Ankle lock! Kanyon starts tapping immediately, but Kanyon won’t let go. A hoard of referees and road agents come down, but nobody can get him off. David Finley is the one who tries to get Shamrock off by stupidly pulling him, so Shamrock gives him a belly-to-belly! Shamrock delivers a belly-to-belly to about eight of the staff before they realise its nuts to get in his way, so they all leave. In the melee, Randy and Alexis have gotten Kanyon out of there. Nitro goes off the air with Ken Shamrock standing crazy-like in the ring alone.

Rundown

Winner and NEW United States champion: Chris Kanyon (18:34)

Fucking awesome match, I must say. I hope these two get to face each other again, but without any interference though. The interference did add to the match, but a simple one-on-one match would be excellent.

*** ½ - Highly recommended for this match.

Show Rundown

Well, we’ve got a title match next week as well as a ‘big announcement’ from Eric Bischoff regarding ‘Road Wild’s’ main event. The RVD heel-turn, the Tag Team title changes…unexpected, but very well done in my opinion. So it did well as a stand-alone show, and was also a hype show.

Awesome show. Shamrock snapping was great. Glad to see a deserving fella like Kanyon getting the gold. Damn looks like Nash is dropping the belt next week to Booker. I hope it doesn't happen though since you could have a rematch at the PPV between the two with Booker winning the belt then. All though I'd prefer Sting being the one beating Nash for the gold. Other stuff was good too with HBK and the rest of the nWo. I was hoping for more shoot comments from Michaels since in 2001 he was still a jerk. Bischoff coming in next week is good and I hope you don't turn him heel and joins him with the nWo anytime soon.

Surprised you kept the Road Wild name since WCW got rid of it back in 2000. I never liked the show with some fat bikers as the crowd but they did get excited over anything which is good :D

BTW I don't remember but what happened to Shannon Moore? did you fire him or is he on the roster?

G'show and horay for storm and awesome picking up the gold. And RVD turning heel and defeating the funker is [says in stoner/surfer voice] totally rad dude[/end].

As for hewey's question i'm pretty sure right before the death of WCW all three members of three count were released/fired. So they might not have been on his roster and he just rehired shane. Or maybe i just over looked more and evan in the shows too.

BTW I don't remember but what happened to Shannon Moore? did you fire him or is he on the roster?

As for hewey's question i'm pretty sure right before the death of WCW all three members of three count were released/fired. So they might not have been on his roster and he just rehired shane. Or maybe i just over looked more and evan in the shows too.

They weren't released. All three had their contracts picked up by the WWF. Wow...I haven't actually used them since "Night of the Champions". Rest assured, they are still there. A little bit later I'll post a full roster, because I just realised I haven't done that yet!

WCW Roster

Main Eventers

Booker T - Face (Sucka)

Goldberg - Face (Bad Ass)

Kevin Nash - Heel (Cool)

Scott Steiner - Heel (Monster)

Sting - Face (Unique)

Triple H -Heel (Bad Ass)

Upper Midcarders

Chris Kanyon - Heel (Egomaniac)

Diamond Dallas Page - Face (Cool)

Dustin Rhodes - Face (Old School Face)

Jeff Jarrett - Heel (Chosen One)

Rob Van Dam - Heel (Whole Damn Show)

Scott Hall - Heel (Cool)

Midcarders

BG James - Face (Cool)

Big Vito - Heel (Underworld)

Bill DeMott - Face (Bad Ass)

Billy Kidman - Face (Luchadore)

Curt Hennig - Face (Cocky)

David Flair - Face (Underdog)

Johnny the Bull - Heel (Bad Ass)

Ken Shamrock - Face (Legitimate Athlete)

Lance Storm - Heel (Anti USA)

Lex Luger - Heel (Prima Donna)

Mike Awesome - Heel (Bad Ass)

O'Haire - Tweener (Bad Ass)

Palumbo - Tweener (Bad Ass)

Rey Mysterio Jr. - Face (Luchadore)

Rick Steiner - Heel (Bad Ass)

Road Warrior Animal - Heel (Power and Paint)

Shane Helms - Face (Evolution)

Shawn Stasiak - Heel (Obnoxious)

Terry Funk - Face (Extremist)

Tommy Dreamer - Face (Extremist)

Lower Midcarders

"The Boss" Bubba Rogers - Heel (Corrupt Law Enforcer)

Chavo Guerrero Jr. - Heel (Cheater)

Crowbar - Face (Weirdo)

Elix Skipper - Heel (Arrogant)

Guido Maritato - Heel (Mafia)

Jamie Knoble - Heel (Trash)

Kaz Hayashi - Heel (Foreign Star)

Malice - Heel (Monster)

Mark Jindrak - Heel (Blue Chipper)

Norman Smiley - Face (Fun Babyface)

Reno - Heel (Bad Ass)

Shannon Moore - Heel (Cocky)

The Wall - Face (Monster)

Tony Mamaluke - Heel (Underworld)

Yang - Heel (Foreign Star)

Openers

Air Paris - Face (Daredevil)

AJ Styles - Face (Daredevil)

Cash - Face (Daredevil)

Evan Karagias - Heel (Cocky)

Jason Jett - Heel (Arrogant)

Kid Romeo - Heel (Prima Donna)

Nick Dinsmore - Face (No Gimmick Needed)

Non-Wrestlers

Eric Bischoff - Tweener (Authority Figure)

Jerry Lawler - Tweener (Royalty)

Managers

Alexis (manages Chris Kanyon and Randy) - Heel (Obsessed Fan)

Daffney (currently managing nobody) - Face (Crazy)

Kimberly Page (manages DDP) - Face (Cheerleader)

Leia Meow (manages the Yung Dragons) - Heel (Seductress)

Midajah (manages Scott Steiner) - Heel (Seductress)

Miss Elizabeth (manages Lex Luger) - Heel (Bitch)

Randy (manages Chris Kanyon and Alexis) - Heel (Obsessed Fan)

Ric Flair (currently managing nobody) - Face (Unique)

Shawn Michaels (currently managing Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Triple H) - Heel (Cool)

Stacy Keibler (manages Shawn Stasiak) - Heel (Dancer)

Torrie Wilson (currently manages nobody) - Face (Tomboy)

Development - (won't post gimmicks or dispositions)

Alan Funk

Alicia Webb

Amazing Red

Brandon Silvestry

Brian "Spanky" Kendrick

Brock Lesnar

Bryan Danielson

Bull Buchanan

Charlie Haas

Chris Harris

Christopher Daniels

Christopher 'Harvard' Nowinski

Eric Angle

Harry Smith

James Storm

Jonny Storm

Lash LeRoux

Mike Sanders

Mr. Aguila

Nathan Jones

Onyx

Paul London

Rene Dupree

Rob Conway

Russ Haas

Ryan Wing

Seven

Shelton Benjamin

Super Dragon

Teddy Hart

Travis Tomko

Wrestlers under short-term, day-to-day "trial" contracts

Billy Gunn

Bryan Clarke

Buff Bagwell

Disco Inferno

Ernest "The Cat" Miller

John Layfield

Ultimo Dragon

Vampire Warrior

Active Tag Teams

Air Raid - (AJ Styles and Air Paris)

Filthy Animals - (Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr.)

Flair and Crowbar - (David Flair and Crowbar)

Flair and Sting - (Ric Flair and Sting)

Full Blooded Italians - (Guido Maritato and Tony Mamaluke)

Knoble and Malice - (Jamie Knoble and Malice)

Mamalukes - (Big Vito and Johnny the Bull)

nWo - (Triple H and Scott Hall)

Outsiders - (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall)

Palumbo and O'Haire - (Palumbo and O'Haire)

'Prime Time' and Romeo - (Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo)

Three Count - (Shannon Moore and Evan Karagias)

Yung Dragons - (Kaz Hayashi and Yang)

Stables

Full Blooded Italians - (Guido Maritato, Tony Mamaluke, Big Vito, Johnny the Bull)

Kanyon's Followers - (Chris Kanyon, Alexis, Randy)

nWo - (Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Scott Hall)

-- Chapter Twenty One --

Tuesday 17th July 2001

Convincing Sting...

12:50

Eric Bischoff had the joy of being confronted by the 'Kliq' before Nitro this past Monday and they tried to convince him that he should sign Sean Waltman to a WCW contract, and that he would certainly make the jump down south to work here. Bischoff pondered it and eventually told them NOT to talk to him about it. He made it crystal clear that they were not to even mention the POSSIBILITY of coming to work for World Championship Wrestling until he had consulted his fellow co-owners.

Personally, he knew that the idea of bringing Waltman in to WCW was a double-edged sword; on one hand you have the 'real' nWo, the 'Kliq' together, tearing shit up on Nitro and giving the group the legitimate feel of being close friends, and the fans would buy it totally. On the other hand, the 'Kliq' would be together, tearing shit up backstage where the political power of one was bad, two was worse...the possibility of all FIVE of them didn't bare thinking about. However, he did know talent when he saw it, and above all things, Sean Waltman was a DAMN talented man. He was a huge asset for D-X in the WWF's 'Attitude' era for many reasons. But he had the problem of motivation. Over the past year or so, his performances had dropped significantly from his hey-day because he wasn't motivated. He hadn't lost the ability, he just had no reason to use it in the WWF because of Shawn Michaels and Triple H's close working relationship with the management. He had his spot. But now, he doesn't have it, and is being punished for the sins of someone else. For that reason, he felt some form of obligation to him for the way he treated him a few years ago.

So, his plan was to speak to both Sting and Ric Flair about signing Sean Waltman to a WCW contract. Basically, with there being the three of them, he expected that there would be a 2-1 vote one way or the other. Only problem was, he wasn't decided on how to 'vote' as it were. In any case, his first stop was Steve Borden's house. He walked up to the door, and was met by Steve and let inside...

13:28

Sting: Look; I can understand where you're coming from, and I can even sympathise with what you wanna do. You were a bastard back then, and some may say you still are a bastard...

Bischoff: I...

Sting: ...but from working with you, I think you've turned over a new leaf, and the idea of signing Sean Waltman, I don't think it's you trying to give your ego a boost by being able to say 'I saved a man from being treated like trash by offering him a better job'. I think it's you trying to do what's right. But you gotta look at the big-picture, and by that I'm talking about the wrestlers. I mean, they were mixed on the signing of Triple H, and were against Shawn Michaels. They are notorious for causing backstage problems. Triple H and Shawn Michaels are massive names, so that risk was acceptable. But Sean Waltman; he's not exactly main-event calibre, is the risk worth it?

Bischoff: Hey, I totally agree. But to make my position on this matter perfectly clear, I'm neither for it or against it. Nash, Hall, Trips and Michaels came to me and asked me to sign him because of the way he's being treated. I told them outright I wasn't going to go over your head, and I told them not to talk about a job offer with him. So, basically, I'm bringing it to you and Ric to decide. But is the risk worth it you ask; I don't know, I really don't know.

Sting: Neither do I Eric. But I think we both know what Ric is going to say about it...

Bischoff: It wouldn't happen to be a big resounding 'no' would it?

Sting: I think it might well be. But...*takes a deep breath*...I think the risk is worth it.

Bischoff: *looks up, shocked* You do?

Sting: I do. I think Sean could be a good asset for WCW, I really do. But, the only way he can be an asset is if the 'Kliq' are NOT treated differently to anyone else. The reason this company nearly died before is due to them, Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper and others being aloud to run amok and, whether you want to admit it or not, getting preferential treatment. I've seen it in the back already; Goldberg and the 'Kliq' are already walking around like they are these big huge stars who think they own the place. No more. As of this Monday before Nitro, we have to call a meeting of sorts to address this situation. Let the boys know about it. Tell them it's not optional, and anyone that doesn't attend...

Bischoff: Two months suspension without pay, that's what I say.

Sting: ...that goes for those that do not agree with what we have to say as well. As far as Sean Waltman goes; I agree that bringing him in is a good idea. Talk to Ric; I'll let you have the fun job.

Bischoff stood up and the two men shook hands before Bischoff departed. He had the vote of Sting, and he pretty much was certain that Ric was going to vote the opposite way. Now all he needed to do was work out which way he was voting...