What If?...

TMM

Randy's crying was so funny to picture. Plus I didn't reply to the last show, but Randy touhing Kanyon's nipple = Ratings

Anyways, good stuff so far and it's nice to see X-Pa being used for something not nWo related, although I am almost sure he will fae them eventually. Keep it up and push Kanyon to the moon.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Chapter Twenty Five --

Friday 10th August 2001

A few hours before Thunder...

Eric Bischoff was in his office at the arena and was sorting out a few things with United States champion Chris Kanyon regarding the future of his character and of his fued with Ken Shamrock. They discussed whether he would retain the title at 'Road Wild' or whether he would drop it to Ken Shamrock. Kanyon knew the way the show was going to go tonight; with himself and Randy Orton attacking Ryan Wing and taking him out of the match and then Shamrock being announced as Wing's replacement and going on to beat Orton with no trouble at all. Kanyon was all for the idea.

Bischoff also told him that Orton wouldn't be apart of his 'group' any more, and that tonight would be his last appearance with him. Kanyon didn't really agree with the idea but gave in, saying that Randy could learn alot by being with him and being in front of the fans. Eric's idea was that he wanted to hook him up with someone who the fans are familiar with and, of course, someone with a little bit more in-ring experience than Randy Orton. They discussed who would replace him and after a couple of names were flung around, they settled on Mike Sanders.

The thinking was that Sanders could easily portray a cocky, 'up his own ass' sorta heel and that the two could easily play off one another. Kanyon was all for this specific idea and told him that he was a big fan of Sanders. Bischoff, ever the suck up, told him that just being in Kanyon's presence would do a world of good for him wrestling-wise.

After Kanyon left however, Shawn Michaels walked in. Bischoff was amazed, just, amazed that Michaels would turn up to a show he was told he wasn't needed at. Without realising it, his mouth was wide open. He quickly shut it.

Bischoff: Hello Shawn; is there something I can do for you?

Michaels: Actually I want you to explain something to me.

Bischoff: Oh? And what might that be?

Michaels: I would like you to explain why you're writers have gone and paired Sean up with Billy Kidman? I thought the idea was to stick him in the nWo with us!

Bischoff: Actually it was.

Michaels: ...it was...? Ok, if it WAS the idea, why is he stuck in a go-nowhere tag team with Billy Kidman? The nWo is where he should be, I mean, that's where the money is Eric! Don't you see that?

Bischoff: Actually I do, and believe me, I tried to convince him that it'd be so much better with you guys.

Michaels: Convince 'him'? Who's 'he'?

Bischoff: Sean...as in Waltman.

Michaels: Woah, woah, you're telling me that this idea was his? You gotta be kidding me? Why would he wanna pair up with Kidman man?

Bischoff: Well the fact of the matter is, and believe it or not coz I sure didn't; he came up with a brilliant idea. Something that will add a little extra 'spice' to WCW.

Michaels: A little extra 'spice'? I thought the extra 'spice' was suppose to be the 'real nWo' gimmick we're doing? Are you trying to piss around with us?

Bischoff: No, no...in fact, this idea he came up with was really good. Something I hadn't even thought of! Everyone thought he would join WCW and the straight away join the nWo! I just wanna see the reaction of the fans when they see Sean debut in another place than with you guys...

Michaels: I can tell you how they'll react Eric; they'll turn off the TV! There's no money, no interest in pairing them up! They want him with the nWo!

Bischoff: I'm expected a lot of 'why's he done that' from Thunder, but it's Nitro where it takes of Shawn...trust me.

Eric spent pretty much the majority of the time before Thunder explaining the angle to Shawn Michaels.

Guest y2gudge

Both previous shows were very good this week and the added stipulations to do with the Elimination Chamber added a lot to the Main Events, but I do think you made the correct choice with DDP & Jarrett. Waltman & Kidman are a little different but hopefully they can become a strong team and win the titles somewhere (not Road Wild) down the line, also the FBI need a good storyline soon to push them a little in people's eyes.

*y2gudge*

user posted image

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

Sunday 12th August 2001

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

Monday 6th August

user posted image

Terry Funk is not to be offered a new contract after his current deal expires at the end of the month we are told. Funk is scheduled to finish his current program with Rob Van Dam and then will be free to leave the company after such. Road Wild on August 26th is said to be his last date with the company.

Tuesday 7th August

Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Scott Steiner work dark matches before Nitro...

user posted image

user posted image

The Mamalukes d. the Stampede Bulldogs (Teddy Hart and Harry Smith) with a powerslam/legdrop combo.

The returning Chavo Guerrero Jr. d. Jody Fleisch with a version of the Gory Special into a slam.

Ernest "The Cat" Miller and Disco Inferno d. John Layfield and Billy Gunn when the Cat hit the Feliner on Gunn.

The returning Scott Steiner d. Shelton Benjamin with the Steiner Recliner.

Wednesday 8th August

user posted image

Sources say WCW officials have been in contact recently with former Tag Team, United States, Television and World Heavyweight champion Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat about making a couple of appearances for the company over the coming months. Steamboat has kept away from the wrestling spotlight almost completely since his retirement due to a severe back injury in 1994 except for a few appearances here and there. It is unclear over what position Steamboat would play if he did join, but there's the possibility of the on-screen 'authority' role which Eric Bischoff is vacating.

Friday 10th August

user posted image

Terry Funk has been offered and has agreed a brand new exclusive one-year contract with WCW. This comes as a complete turn-around from reports earlier this week that stated Funk would leave WCW after Road Wild. It isn't clear what has prompted this turn around, but we are told that the wrestling dates on Funk's contract have been significantly cut down from his prior contract. More as we get it.

user posted image

** THUNDER SPOILERS **

Ric Flair is set to return tonight on Thunder to referee the Scott Hall vs. Diamond Dallas Page match. In addition to this, Flair is also set to be on Nitro to make a 'special announcement' of some sorts.

Saturday 11th August

user posted image

Buff Bagwell appears to be done with the company before the end of the month. Bagwell has been serving a suspension with WCW for essentially mis-behaving. Bagwell is well known for having an ego, and WCW seems to have finally gotten sick and tired of it. Bagwell will be released before the end of the month.

Lance Storm and Shelton Benjamin get a great responce after a Dark Match prior to Thunder...

user posted image

user posted image

The New Road Warriors d. the Stampede Bulldogs (Harry Smith and Teddy Hart) with the Doomsday Device on Hart.

Elix Skipper d. Air Paris with the Play of the Day.

Lance Storm d. Shelton Benjamin with the half-crab in a match that got a great responce from the fans. People didn't care about about to begin with, but once it got going the fans got really into it. Apparently another match was scheduled for right after it, but management sent word out for the two to go another five minutes. Benjamin and Storm got a an applause when they went backstage from the other wrestlers and staff memeber.

Sunday 12 August

MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

user posted image

Coming to you live from Las Vegas, Nevada, Nitro is set to be the scene of many changes Monday night. The first ever Friday Thunder on NBC saw Billy Kidman reveal Sean Waltman as his new tag team partner as the two easily defeated the Jung Dragons. Thunder was also the site of the return of the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair as the 14-time World Heavyweight champion returned as the special guest referee in the main event match that saw Scott Hall and Diamond Dallas Page battle it out for the sixth spot in the Elimination Chamber match for 'Road Wild'.

Nitro will see Booker T go one-on-one with nWo member Triple H in a match that has been eagerly anticipated since it's announcement last week on Nitro. Booker T gave his responce to Kevin Nash on Thunder Friday night, and the anticipation has been buidling ever since.

Jamie Knoble became the WCW Cruiserweight champion Friday night after defeated an injured 'Sugar' Shane Helms in a match has been called a 'Match of the Year' candidate.

Confirmed Matches:

* Booker T vs. Triple H

* Sean Waltman vs. O'Haire

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Nitro seems solid with Booker T versus Triple H and Waltman versus O'Haire. I'm looking forward to Chavo's on screen return as he can be something big, Hopefully you'll do something awesome with him like you've done with Kanyon. Not sure about putting Sanders with him, I thought Randy made a funny lackey for him.

BTW when WWF wrestlers contracts are coming up will you mention it in a chapter with Bischoff? Like you did when Austin's was coming up?

Good stuff my man. Can't wait for the Stampede Bulldogs to debut. No idea why. Also, Bagwell getting fired is funny, since he is such an ass. I thought Randy was good as Kanyon's lakey, but maybe you can spin this until it works.

At least there will always be memories of when Randy grabbed Kanyon's nipple. Priecless.

user posted image

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

Monday 13th August 2001

user posted image

We are LIVE in Las Vegas, Nevada baby!

Our hosts are Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson.

The commentators start things of by talking about how great Thunder was Friday night and spoke about the return of Ric Flair to our screens as the referee for the Scott Hall/DDP match. Before we can go any further, Ric Flair’s music hits! He comes out to the ring with a microphone in hand. Flair soaks up the applause of the fans before beginning,

Flair: Boy oh BOY does it feel great to be back here in WCW! I been away from the spotlight for TO long, and it’s so damn GREAT to be back in it, WHOOOO! You know, the Nature Boy was sitting at home these past months, licking his wounds…licking some other things as well if ya catch my drift! I’ve been sitting at home watching Monday Nitro and I was sickened, just SICKENED by what I saw! The nWo running wild; acting as if they own the place! Well I don’t think so guys! No way am I, am I the “Nature Boy” Ric Flair going to sit by and watch you four destroy why I, what we, what the fans have helped to create! No siree! Did I, did I, did I hear something about a big 6-man match at ‘Road Wild’ for the World Heavyweight championship? Did I hear that there’s gonna be two nWo guys in there; Triple H and the champion Nash? Now I’m not going to pretend that I know what the hell this Elimination Chamber thing is, but I tell you this; I tell you that Kevin Nash will NOT, I say NOT walk out as the World Heavyweight champion! Triple H; he will NOT walk out champion! Jeff Jarrett; he has NO chance, no chance of winning the title! There are three men that I want to see walk out champion; obviously only one can, but it sure as hell will not be Jeff Jarrett, it won’t be the nWo…it will either be Booker T, Diamond Dallas PAGE…or it will be Bill Goldberg! They have dignity! They have the honour that a champion needs! Of course; none of those six men have the pure class and charm of one 14-TIME World Heavyweight champion! But the title will come away from the nWo…mark my words! BUT…I came out here because I have an announcement to make. Eric Bischoff is stepping down as the President of WCW, and I can’t say I’m going to miss the guy. People have been wondering who, WHO, which one man is going to replace him? You wanna know who? Which man? It is not ONE man…not one, but a GROUP of men! A group of true CHAMPIONS! I’m talking about living LEGENDS! You hold the World title, or if you are a bonified living legend; you’re illegible for this group! I’m talking about the men who changed the shape of this industry! I’m talking about the legends who know what it’s like to hold World Heavyweight gold! You see…staring Monday the 27th August a brand new CHAMPIONSHIP COMMITTEE takes control over WCW! That’s right! The men that will stand in this ring that night at the very end of the show will be the men who control the fates of EVERY superstar in the back. Right now I will announce the first member of the Championship Committee...ME! Whoooo!

Flair drops the microphone and struts a little leading the show into a commercial break. Tony and Scott are gob smacked by this announcement.

Commercial Break

Nitro returns to see a pre-taped interview with Palumbo and O’Haire that was conducted earlier today by ‘Mene’ Gene Okerlund.

Okerlund: I am here with the former WCW Tag Team champions Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire (guess they got bored of being ‘the first nameless one’s eh?)

Palumbo: Let’s get one thing straight Gene; we don’t like that you referred to us as ‘former Tag Team champions’. They titles were stolen from us and we plan on getting them back at ‘Road Wild’.

Okerlund: Well whether you like it or not gentlemen; former champions is what you are, and you will stay that way until ‘Road Wild’ where, as you said, you get a chance to wear the titles around your waists once again. My question is, what are your thoughts on the new alliance between Sean Waltman and Billy Kidman?

O’Haire: What are our thoughts Gene? I’ll tell you what we think about Sean Waltman being Billy Kidman’s new partner…we don’t care about it. Look at it like this baldy; I nearly crippled Rey Mysterio Jr. a couple of weeks back by exerting a mere iota of my strength…can you imagine what the two of us would do to Kidman and Waltman in a tag team environment?

Palumbo: It’s as simple as this Gene; August 26th, WCW ‘Road Wild’ live in Portland, Oregon…you historians better turn to the page that covers the history of the WCW Tag Team titles because Sean and I are going to become two-time champions!

Okerlund: You heard it straight from the former champions; they say that they will win the titles at ‘Road Wild’. I don’t think the other four men in the match will agree. I’m ‘Mene’ Gene Okerlund and this was a WCW exclusive interview.

Ah…WCW exclusive interview. Well of course it’s a WCW exclusive, I mean who ELSE is gonna get it? Oh well, I like the short and to-the-point interviews; they’re fun. In any event, the NEW WCW Cruiserweight champion is coming to the ring…with Malice of course. Malice is holding a microphone and passes it to the champ Knoble.

Knoble: I told yeeou I could dooo eet!! None of you fools believed mee when ah said that Jamie Knoble was gonna win the dubbya SEE dubbya Cruiserweight title Friday night! You all thought I was talking at my bee-hind, but I proved you eediots wrong! Lookee here what’s around my waist you people; it’s the Cruiserweight title that I took from ‘Sugahh’ Shane Helms! I beat him up sooo much that he just plain old passed out from the pain! Tonight signifies a neeeuw era for the Cruiserweight’s; this champion here standing before yeeou is gonna defend his title against ANY comers! Anybody that wants a shot. All they have to do is come and ask me, or answer my challenge! And tooonight ah am issuing a challenge to ANY cruiserweight in the back to a title match…except for Shane Helms who is sitting at home all busted up! So…who’s eet gonna be?

Knoble waited for a few seconds until some familiar music played and former two-time WCW Cruiserweight champion Psicosis came out to the ring! Wahey, this could be good! Psicosis did NOT have his mask for those wondering. Apparently Rey Mysterio Jr. isn’t the most popular chap down in Mexico for coming back with his.

WCW Cruiserweight title: Psicosis vs. Jamie Knoble © w/ Malice

Knoble didn’t seem best pleased with the appearance of the returning/re-debuting Psicosis. I expect a thoroughly decent match here between these two. Schiavone and Hudson discuss the repercussions of laying out such an ‘open-challenge’ policy in that Knoble would have no time to prepare or scout his opponent if he didn’t know who it was. They settled on the fact that Knoble believes he is invincible and that he can beat anyone who he steps in the ring with. I can buy into that. Anyway, Psicosis busted out the moves that made him popular with the ‘high-spot marks’ back in the day like some uber-cool summersaulty stuff from the top rope. Knoble was no match for Psicosis whenever he went near the top rope, and he almost caused the upset when he hit a beautiful moonsault off the top, which Knoble just managed to survive because Malice put his foot on the rope. Psicosis was pretty dominant throughout the match actually, and wanted to finish it off with a frankensteiner from the top, but Knoble stepped out the way and Psicosis landed flat on his back. Knoble didn’t waste a second getting in there as he locked in that reverse sharpshooter he used on Thunder, now dubbed the Trailer Hitch. Very nice there. It’s all down hill now as Psicosis lasts a couple of seconds before tapping out, giving Knoble the win. Malice gives Knoble the Cruiserweight title, then waits for Psicosis to get to his feet before killing him dead with a big clothesline. Malice then hoisted Psicosis up from the mat onto his shoulders to hit the sitdown powerbomb. Knoble got in Psicosis’ face before the two left the ring.

Rundown

Winner and STILL Cruiserweight champion: Jamie Knoble (5:43)

A really good match between Knoble and the returning Psicosis with him using the reverse sharpshooter to finish again. If they’re trying to get the Trailer Hitch over as a legitimately dangerous move that can finish a match, they’re doing a good job so far.

** ½ - Entertaining for the short time we saw it.

Commercial Break

We go to another pre-taped interview; this time with Ken Shamrock. Good idea; Shamrock isn’t exactly ‘at home’ on the microphone and at least this gives him a chance to get it right.

Okerlund: Ladies and gentlemen it is now time for the stipulation for the WCW United States title match to be announced! Ken Shamrock defeated Randy on Thunder, therefore giving him the power to chose what match he and Chris Kanyon will clash in at ‘Road Wild’. Mr. Shamrock, have you made your decision?

Shamrock: Yes I have ‘Mene’ Gene. You know a couple of years back I use to compete in an organisation called the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Back there I was the first ever Super Fight champion. In UFC we fought, no, we BATTLED for our lives in a structure known as the Lion’s Den. Well that’s what this is going to be Chris; a LION'S DEN MATCH! Me and you inside an eight-sided steel cage. One fall wins it Chris, pinfall or submission. Anything goes Chris; weapons are going to be hanging on the sides of the cage, but if you want to use them, you have to beat me down first. Don’t forget it Chris; me and you inside the Lion’s Den!

Okerlund: My goodness! The first ever Lion’s Den match in WCW history is going to take place at ‘Road Wild’ on August 26th! My goodness…

‘Wahey’ is all I can say. A Lion’s Den match should be pretty good. They’re following the ‘WWF-rules’ for it more or less. Should be a good match if Kanyon is involved; and Shamrock is no slouch himself. After seeing this interview, Kanyon starts fuming and tells Alexis to ‘follow him’ as they make their way to the ring. Hey; where’s Randy damn it? Anyway, the duo of Alexis and the US champion Kanyon are in the ring, and Kanyon is clearly not a happy bunny. Actually, neither does Alexis who has a big frown on her purty little face.

Kanyon: A Lion’s Den match? A Lion’s Den match? What the hell is a Lion’s Den match? I’ve never wrestled in a Lion’s Den match before! This isn’t fair; this whole thing stinks! Eric Bischoff set it up just so Ken Shamrock could win! It was all for him before it even began! He picked a match that he knew I’ve never competed in before just so he would have the advantage! That’s a coward’s way out! If it were up to me it’d be a normal one-on-one match just so it’d be a level playing field. Actually, come to think of it, Ken Shamrock needs all the help he can get to beat me. I mean; I’m Chris Kanyon! There ain’t nobody betta! But you see Ken; you are not in my league. In fact, only an isolated few ARE in my league! Actually, scratch that; there is but ONE superstar in the world of professional wrestling who is anywhere near my league! He is on a level just below myself. I scoured the world for someone who could go toe-to-toe with me and push me to my limit…unfortunately I found nobody who could do that. But I found someone who came incredibly close, and I didn’t even have to look outside of this company to find him. Ladies and gentlemen I introduce to you…’Above Average’ MIKE SANDERS!

Sanders? Well, I wouldn’t exactly say he was on Kanyon’s level or ANYWHERE near it, but to each their own I guess. Anyway, Sander’s comes out looking all smug and up his ass. He gets in the ring and Kanyon hand’s him the microphone.

Sanders: Thank you Chris, and you’re right; I’m just below your level, but the thing is…I don’t intend to stay like that for very long. You and I; we’re two diamonds in the rough, two living legends in this crap-hole of a company. Without the two of us, WCW would be nothing but a bunch of big fools stumbling around in the ring pretending to put on a wrestling match. What you fans don’t understand is this; Chris and I, we’re like this (does a crossy-finger thing), we’re tight. If Chris Kanyon was not here in this company, I would by far be the best wrestler, athlete, I’d just be the best damn thing this company has to offer. But because Chris IS here, I am the number two. But the thing about that is there is ONE, only one man on the entire planet who can help me reach number one, and that is the current number one, and he is standing right next to me! I’m talking about the ‘Innovator of Offence’, the WCW United States champion; I’m talking about Mr. Chris Kanyon! Sunday August 26th this man right here takes on Ken Shamrock in a crappy gimmicky match that Shamrock likes to call the Lion Den! Well Kenneth, don’t expect an easy night because Chris isn’t coming alone; you’ve got to deal with ME as well! You mentioned that Chris would have to beat you down to win the match eh? Well that is EXACTLY what’s going to happen, only I’M getting in on the fight as well!

Sander’s passes the mic back to Kanyon.

Kanyon: Mike Sanders ladies and gentlemen; more than that waste of space Randy could ever hope to be! If he paid attention when I taught him those wrestling moves it would be ME deciding the stipulation for ‘Road Wild’. But tonight the future of this industry; Mike Sanders will take on any challenger, any challenger at all!

Kanyon didn’t have to wait long for a response; in fact Curt Hennig’s music hit before he could say ‘at all’! Hennig is out here and of course; the ‘perfect one’ has a microphone in hand.

Hennig: Would you shut up? You talk like you’re the greatest! You talk like you’re the best! You talk like you’re…perfect. Well I’ve got a news flash for you two jackasses; you’re looking at the only perfect specimen in this company! Sanders wants a match eh? Well Mike; you’d better make sure that you’re ready for this, because Curt Hennig is about to walk down to that ring, beat you from pillar to post and then finish you off with a PERFECT Hennig-Plex! Sanders; it’s go time!

Curt Hennig vs. Mike Sanders w/ Chris Kanyon and Alexis

Curt Hennig walks down the ramp and after a little discussion between Sanders and Kanyon, Kanyon and Alexis depart the ring, leaving Sanders alone with Hennig. Sanders isn’t bad in the ring, and I fully expect Hennig to pull something decent out of him. Lock-up starts us off, with Hennig getting a headlock and we get the over-used bit here that EVERY wrestler uses with the headlock, the push into the ropes, the shoulder block, then the ducking of the incoming opponent. But Sander’s tries to leapfrog Hennig, ut Hennig stops and pokes him in the face! Ha ha. That leads to a vertical suplex, and were in Hennig dominating city now. Yeah, that’s it. Anyway, Hennig beats on Sanders the way only he can with some PERFECT offence, but the tides change when, after Kanyon distracts the ref on the opposite side of the ring, Alexis pops up on the apron and low blows him. Sanders comes in and hits a piledriver which in turn gets him a near fall. Sanders dominates the match now, and Sanders signals for the end after he hits a nice looking fireman’s carry. He gets Hennig up and goes for the 3.0, but Hennig spins him around and hits a clothesline, knocking both men down for the count. After a nine count, both men are up and Sanders quickly gets a European uppercut to Hennig. He again goes for the 3.0, but Hennig again blocks it and fights back with rights and lefts into the corner. When there, we get some choppy action before Hennig signals for the Hennig-Plex. Kanyon comes running into the ring with the US and belt and targets Hennig, but he ducks and Kanyon nails Sanders! The referee lets it go, and Hennig kicks Kanyon in the gut before taking the US title and nailing Kanyon with it! The ref rolls Kanyon out of the ring, as Sanders gingerly gets to his feet and walks straight into a Hennig-Plex…1…2…3, it’s all over. The bell rings and Hennig celebrates his victory, but is soon joined by the number one contender Ken Shamrock. The two stare one-another down before Shamrock extends his hand, and Hennig shakes it. Shamrock picks up the US title and tosses it to Kanyon as the trio of EVIL retreat.

Rundown

Winner: Curt Hennig (9:13)

A good match as predicted. Not better than the opening match, but Hennig did good getting Sander’s to really perform tonight. This alliance thing they have could work.

** - TWO good matches on ONE WCW show; you gotta be kidding me?

Commercial Break

Nitro returns to see Billy Kidman, Torrie Wilson and Sean Waltman in the back talking about Waltman’s debut on Thunder. Torrie is sitting next to Kidman and is holding his hand. Aw, ain’t that sweat?

Kidman: Sean I’m really grateful that you decided to take me up on my offer to team up. Now me and you can win those titles at ‘Road Wild’.

Waltman: Hey no sweat dude; not a problem. I wanna win WCW gold just as much as the next guy, and I know that you’ve got the goods to be a champion. It was an easy choice dude.

Kidman: Well, go out there and beat Sean O’Haire. You sure you don’t want me out there?

Waltman: No Billy it’s cool. Don’t worry about it, I’ll see you after my match.

Torrie: Good luck Sean.

Waltman leaves the locker room and heads down the corridor with the camera following. He turns a corner and stops. He looks a little shocked at what he sees…the nWo! Oooo, this should be good. Triple H walks forward with a pissed off look on his face. Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels all step forward one at a time with Waltman turning his attention from one to the other. Michaels gets nose-to-nose with him and then…smiles.

Michaels: It’s good to see ya.

Michaels hugs Waltman who hugs back.

Nash: Group hug!

Hall, Nash and Triple H all get in on the big ol’ ‘kliq’ hug. Waltman then hugs each guy separately.

Triple H: Good to see ya turn up down here kid.

Waltman: Yeah…

Nash: Hey if uh, if ya need us out there tonight (raises the ‘nWo signal’), you throw it up we’ll be there buddy.

Waltman walks off backwards down the corridor as the nWo look on.

Sean Waltman vs. Sean O’Haire w/ Chuck Palumbo

The commentators discuss the meeting of the ‘kliq’ and Stevie wonders if he’s involved with the nWo. Tenay says that he’s not wearing their colours so he doesn’t think so. Stevie says ‘blood is thicker than water’ and that the ‘kliq’ are like brothers, like family. Anyway, Waltman makes his way out to a good reaction; well, apart from the couple of ‘X-Pac Sucks’ chants in the background. O’Haire was first out and starts attacking Waltman as he slides under the bottom rope. The ref rings the bell and we’re underway. The bigger O’Haire uses his strength in this match to dominate proceedings with Waltman bumping for every move like a pro. The tide turned when O’Haire sent Waltman into the ropes as he ducked a clothesline and came back with a lighting kick to take O’Haire down that got Waltman a near fall, and he soon took the advantage. From what I’m hearing, Waltman had commented that he wouldn’t be doing his cocky ‘heel-mannerisms’ for the moment. Good idea because it was those that got the ‘X-Pac Sucks’ chants in the first place coz they were damn annoying. Anyway, Waltman sent O’Haire into the corner and after a couple of nice lightning kicks he hit the bronco buster (without cockiness!). He then picked O’Haire up and kicked him in the gut to go for the X-Effect (is that the best creative could come up with? Puh-lease) but Palumbo grabbed Waltman’s leg, allowing for O’Haire to nail a super kick. O’Haire pointed to the top rope and ascended all the way for the Seanton Bomb. Then things got interesting as Triple H slowly sauntered down the ramp. O’Haire (still on the top rope for those keeping track) starts yelling at him, as does the referee. Through the crowd comes Scott Hall who pushes O’Haire off the top right into the X-Effect from Waltman! The referee turns round to see Waltman with the pin as he makes the…1…2…3 count! Waltman gets to his feet and celebrates the victory, but comes down a peg as he sees Triple H and Scott Hall smiling at the top of the ramp. Waltman looks a little confused/annoyed at this.

Rundown

Winner: Sean Waltman (8:39)

The match was decent, but it’s the story that I think was the best bit. We could be heading to a ‘I don’t want your help’ feud or to a hell turn for Waltman. Either way, they’re doing a good job (did I just say that?) with mixing the two stories so far.

* ¾ - See above.

We cut to the back where Eric Bischoff is speaking with Ric Flair in his office. Can you just imagine these two trying to work together running this company in reality? How damn great would it be to be a fly on the wall in a meeting of the management? Sting would be the only semi-sane one!

Bischoff: Look; I’m not going to change the main event that I have booked just because you walk in here tonight, tell the world that YOU are a part of this new power taking over the company. In case it escaped your notice Flair; I’M still in charge until the night after ‘Road Wild’. ME! Eric Bischoff! Not you. So you can take your demand and stick it right up your backside.

Flair: Eric…would you SHUT UP? You just don’t talk to Ric Flair like that! Not unless you wanna get whooped like a damn mule! No Eric, I’m not walking in here as the ‘new power’ as you so put it; I’m walking in here as a guy who lives, sleeps and eats WCW! I’m walking in here as the guy who got put on the shelf for two months by the nWo! I’m walking in here as the man who refereed the main event Friday night on Thunder! The man who called it straight down the middle! The man who isn’t afraid to dish out a couple of chops to the nWo! The guy who styles and profiles all night long, Eric…make me the damn referee in the main event. If you don’t, you know what’s going to happen.

Bischoff: And what exactly is that Ric? Are you threatening me? Because I sure as HELL do not react well to threats!

Flair: Oh no Eric; not a threat, not by a long shot. I’m just letting you know that if you send out anyone BUT the Nature Boy, this match will turn into a black and white circus Eric! You send out Nick Patrick! You send out Mark Johnson! You send out Randy Anderson! Hell you even send out ‘Lil Naitch’, Charles Robinson and this night turns into the bloody waters where the nWo sharks come along and feed! You know it! I know it! Booker T knows it! And every single one of these fans here in Las Vegas knows it! Give the Nature Boy the power for the main event Eric, for your sake and for Booker T’s!

Bischoff: …you know something Ric; you’re right! The nWo will probably decide to make a run in and kick the crap out of Booker T. The most that any other referee can do is DQ Triple H and then sit back and watch Booker get beaten down like a dog. But if YOU were out there…YOU might get beaten up yourself! Now that totally sways me…you’re on Ric! You’re the referee tonight! Now get the hell out of my office before I throw you out!

Flair: I’d love it…just LOVE to see you try Eric…

Flair walked out of Bischoff’s office and is heard giving out a loud ‘whooooo’ when half-way down the corridor.

Bischoff: I’ll give you bloody ‘whoooo’ Flair…

The scene cuts from Bischoff to see Mark Jindrak making his way down to the ring. Tony Schiavone explains that Rob Van Dam requested a four-corners match tonight for the Hardcore title to prove that he would have no trouble at ‘Road Wild’ going up against his enforcer Big Bubba Rogers, Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer. Tony points us in the direction of a video RVD sent to them earlier on. I get a nostalgic feel for some reason as we get the good old ‘quarter of the screen’ interview thingy with RVD sitting down and Bubba Rogers standing behind him.

RVD: Hey all you dudes and dudettes out there. This is the one and only, Mr. Monday Night and WCW Hardcore champion…Rob…Van…Dam! In a couple of weeks I’ve got to defend my Hardcore title in a four-way dance against this man standing behind me; my enforcer Big Bubba Rogers, the washed up old ‘legend’ Terry Funk, and the man who claims to personify hardcore, the ‘innovator of violence’ Tommy Dreamer. People have asked how I’m going to win that match and I’ve responded with a simple, ‘dude, I’m Rob Van Dam’ and they walked away with their question totally answered dude. But you know; I’m going to show you how good I am by defending my title in a four-way dance…tonight on Nitro! That’s right! So sit back and watch R…V…D kick some SERIOUS butt dude…

WCW Hardcore title: Mark Jindrak vs. Norman Smiley vs. Nick Dinsmore vs. Rob Van Dam © w/ Big Bubba Rogers

Nick Dinsmore and Jindrak came out to a more or less dead reaction from the crowd except for a few boos or cheers here and there. Scott Hudson points out that Nick Dinsmore made his debut at the ‘Second Coming’ pay-per-view back in mid-May against Mark Jindrak scoring a big upset for all those that are interested. Yup, all six of them. Anyway, we get a crazy ass hardcore brawl with Smiley and Jindrak pairing off in one corner and the champ and Dinmsore in other. The commentator’s really talk up the potential of Nick Dinsmore, saying he has all the tools to be a future World Heavyweight champion one day. What seemed to be sensible thinking from the commentators goes straight out of the window as they say the same thing about Mark Jindrak. No offence to the guy or anything as he’s probably a nice guy in reality…but he’s bloody awful in the ring. Then there’s Norman Smiley, who despite coming from England…I just hate. Maybe it’s because he just looks so UN-intimidating it’s funny. But the Norman Conquest is one of the best names for a finisher ever. The fans seem to like him though…shows what I know. Anyway, the match is totally unforgettable accept for Dinsmore kicking RVD’s ass for much of it until Rogers drags him outside and kills him with a chair shot. RVD then beat’s up both Jindrak and Smiley, sending Smiley out of the ring in the process. He hits the Rolling Thunder and spinning hell kick and stuff before getting the Five Star Frogsplash for the simple win. RVD, having barely broken a sweat gets on the mic and proclaims that he had no problem tonight with three other guys and that he wouldn’t have a problem on August 26th.

Rundown

Winner and STILL Hardcore champion: Rob Van Dam (7:26)

Nothing more than a little bit of filler to put over RVD and, well Dinsmore I guess. I’d love to see them push him a bit more than they are. ]

* - Nothing to see here.

Commercial Break

Nitro returns to see Jeff Jarrett (with guitar for those interested) and Symphony walking down a corridor. The commentators wonder where they’re heading. It soon becomes clear as he stops at a door marked ‘DDP’ before bursting in. DDP stands up quickly and puts his arms up ready for a fight.

Jarrett: Put your arms down Page; I ain’t here to fight…I’m here to gloat. You got pinned last week on Nitro by the “Chosen One”! Do you remember what that means Slapnuts? That means that I get a WCW World Heavyweight title shot next month at ‘Fall Brawl’ REGARDLESS of the outcome of the Elimination Chamber match at ‘Road Wild’. But the best part is that I won’t need that title shot since I will ALREADY have won the title!

DDP: Is that so Jeff? You realise there are five other guys in this match don’t you? Five other guys who plan on winning this Elimination Chamber match and I sure as HELL will not see you walk out champion! I’M going to win the match and I’M going to beat you within an inch of your life at ‘Fall Brawl’! Don’t think that because you have a guaranteed title shot at ‘Fall Brawl’ you can…

Jarrett: But I can…I can do whatever I want in the title match at ‘Road Wild’ because I’m the only one that is GUARANTEED to be in the World Heavyweight title match at ‘Fall Brawl’. If I somehow don’t win…I’ll make sure that you do.

DDP: Really…(DDP crosses his arms)…why’s that then?

Jarrett: It’s called common sense my dear Page; commons sense says if I can’t win the match, because I’m guaranteed to be getting a shot at ‘Fall Brawl’, common sense says to help the weakest of the whole damn lot win it!

DDP: Just get out Jeff; you’re stupid damn voice is getting on my nerves.

Jarrett: Ok, ok Page…I’m finished mocking you anyway…

Jarrett goes to leave, so DDP turns around but quickly regrets his action as Jarrett smashes the guitar over his head! DDP collapses to the floor unconscious as Jarrett leans over him and gets in his face.

Jarrett: The weakest fall first slapnuts…

Jarrett and Symphony leave the locker room as the scene cuts to the ring.

Booker T vs. Triple H – Special Referee: Ric Flair

Wow…Ric Flair refereeing the main event two shows in a row? Flair makes a great/funny referee. Naitch was out first and of course got an amazing reaction from the crowd doing all his typical stuff. Booker was out next and got a damn good reaction himself as it goes. Triple H comes out and, as Flair predicted, was followed by the whole entourage of Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels. Ric Flair quickly got out of the ring and walked up the ramp and told them to, in no simpler terms than this; piss off. Of course they argued, but it got them nowhere and Flair called for a bunch of referees and staff members to get rid of them. Flair lets out a ‘whoooo’ as they are escorted to the back. The match finally gets under way and H fakes a lock-up and knees Booker in the gut. Trips did great in his cerebral assassin role here as he always does. It’s kinda strange that this is Triple H’s first singles match since joining the company back in June and it’s now August! Triple H had a lot of confrontations with Flair in this match, similar to Scott Hall last week. Flair almost DQ’d him after he threatened to hit him. Anyway, Trips focused on the legs of Booker and started the offensive with a chop-block to the right knee followed by a couple of elbows and leg locks. Booker was having trouble standing but managed to mount a short comeback after Trips telegraphed an Irish whip, Booker nailed the Axe Kick straight off! Trips was down as was Booker, and after a couple of seconds to catch his bearings, Booker covered Trips for a VERY near fall. Booker managed to fight Trips and hit the Harlem sidekick after Trips came running at him. Booker collapsed to his knees afterwards and struggled to get back to his feet. He looked around for a bit then pointed to the top rope, getting a big pop. Booker slowly, slowly struggled to get to the top rope, but by the time he did Trips was back on his feet and “collapsed” onto the ropes, crotching Booker on the top rope. Booker fell off the top to the mat and both men slowly managed to get to their feet. Booker turned round and walked straight into a kick to the gut followed by the Pedigree! Triple H draped an arm over Booker T’s body as Flair made the reluctant count…1…2…3. H wins the match and Flair tries to leave the ring straight away, but Triple H calls him back into the ring to raise his hand. Well, that’s the refs job ain’t it? Flair did eventually come back in and raise Triple H’s arm…stupid Flair. Triple H quickly kicked Flair in the gut and delivered the Pedigree, leaving Ric Flair lying in a heap next to Booker T. Triple H posed in the ring as Nitro went off the air.

Rundown

Winner: Triple H (13:12)

This was a good match, but I’m surprised they wasted it on a free TV match. They certainly have some form of chemistry in the ring and could put on a 20 minute-plus match if need be.

*** - Was a good match, and the added element of Flair only adds more to it.

So much catching up to do...

30th July Nitro

You opened the show with Hall and Page? Great stuff there. The match was always going to be good, and I love how it is kicking off the show. Great ending with Jarrett smashing both guys to pieces. Nice aftermath speech too and good build up for Road Wild.

Some good stuff with Kanyon and Shamrock. I like the idea of Kanyon having his own show too. I also hope that Kanyon puts Shamrock away at Road Wild.

The idea of having a new formed Road Warriors is pretty good and realistic. It's going to be interesting to see where this all goes, and hopefully we get to see a huge Tag Team Brawl soon.

Nice stuff with Awesome/Palumbo as well. Would probably turn out to be a decent match in real life. Nice finish to the match as well, still hoping this is going somewhere good.

Another 'He's coming' video. Cant really tell who's 'Coming' because we've had no clues, but it sounds interesting and I've got a few possible ideas.

I like the hardcore stuff because it's once again WCW like. I still don't like the fact of Dreamer in WCW though I must say. Hopefully Funk takes the title within time and guys like Normal Smiley get involved in the action.

More stuff with Knoble and Helms and it's good. The feud is building up nicely so well done with this stuff.

Don't like Dinsmore so I'll skip this next part :P

Very nice main event and I enjoy seeing David Flair appearing on Nitro even if he is high up the card. Some nice stuff here and it sounds like a good main event for Nitro to put an end to a pretty good Nitro.

A very good show right here which didn't really lack anything much at all.

Some notes

The Bischoff/Sean update was very good. I liked how you had Bischoff literally pissing all over Sean and with it ending with Sean basically threatning Bischoff. Nice stuff here and it's going to be interesting to see what happens. The Kanyon stuff sounds pretty weird but interesting at the same time. Nitro is also looking like a good show.

I'll edit in my thoughts on 7th August Nitro show later because EWB is refusing to skip the page so I can read it at the moment, long story which I'll explain later tomorrow.

10th August Thunder

I love Tenay as an announcer but don't like Stevie as one I must say. Anyway nice opening to the show with Kidman cutting a promo and introducing bloody Sean as his partner. Now didn't I say Sean could fit into the Filthy Animals not long back? :P Although the Filthy Animals is kind off dead from the seems of it. Good stuff here and they picked up the win cleanly which was some good stuff. Very surprising about Sean being the partner of Kidman though.

After a short Kanyon promo you've got the best match so far since WCW came back on air. Knoble/Helms was always going to be good, but it was all about whether or not WCW would give it enough time and so on. Very nice ending to the match as well and good decision on Knoble taking the title.

Pretty short but sweet stuff next with Kanyon/Bischoff/Shamrock and so on. Shamrock wins it easily which makes this even better, because now Kanyon surely has to go over him at Road Wild to make Kanyon look even better than what he already looks, if that makes sense.

The Bischoff stuff before the main event was good and I love seeing another Hall/Page match. For me this is probably the best match you've booked since starting the diary, just my opinion though. I really love the ending and it was a typical DDP ending, so great job there.

Overall the first Thunder show was damn solid with two brilliant match's. Road Wild is shaping up to be a great event so far, hopefully it get's more solid match's though.

Some notes

Some good updates here. The first Funk thing was looking horrible until I read on to find out he will be signing a new contract, good job in keeping him around.

Lovely to see Chavo and Steiner back in action. I'd wait until after Road Wild to bring Steiner back onto Nitro and Thunder, mainly because the World Title race is fully packed and he just wouldn't fit it. Maybe you've got some ideas for him, hopefully so.

Shame to hear that you might let go of Bagwell as I always actually liked the guy. Hopefully he somehow sticks around.

13th August Nitro

Very interesting opening promo from Ric Flair. Well written as well yet you could still improve in some areas for his promos, still very good work here.

Really liked the backstage interview with Palumo and O'Haire and I'm honestly looking forward to this tag stuff.

Nice cruiserweight action next with Knoble and Psicosis. It may be just me but the finish to the match made Knoble seem a little like Malenko, don't ask me why though. Anyway liking this cruiserweight action stuff and I see maybe Chavo challenging Knoble for Road Wild, or some huge Battle Royal.

I so see the lions den match happening between Shamrock and Kanyon. Cant wait to see how that turns out at Road Wild, although Kanyon should take the win to make him look better than ever. Nice promo from both Shamrock and Kanyon right here and good to see Sanders back. Shame to see Hennig not really involved in anything, but at least he didn't lose the match.

The next part is done so brilliantly. I love how you're working this stuff with Sean and the nWo and I'm really hoping that Bischoff forces Sean to like fight against the nWo or something. The story is really good here, looking forward to see more of it.

The Bischoff/Flair promo is more good stuff. Things are heating up properly now so I cant say much on this.

The hardcore action was pretty decent, but nothing at all special. I liked how you ended the match with RVD being cocky and so on, and I see him losing the title to Funk at Road Wild.

DDP/Jarrett promo is my favourite part of the night. Really like the back and forth stuff here and enjoyed the ending with Page being laid out. I'm really liking how Jarrett is being made to look really good as of late.

Another interesting and good main event. I'm enjoying this whole build up towards Road Wild even though I don't like it so much how Triple H gets to stand tall alone as the show goes off air. I actually see maybe Triple H and Nash having problems in the Chamber. Heck I could even see Bischoff booking them as the final two as a way round to basically break up the nWo. Very interesting stuff right here.

So another good Nitro show and I've finally caught up. The diary is still going super strong and really entertaining. Cant wait for the PPV and other updates, keep up the good work.

user posted image

Friday 17th August 2001

user posted image

Thunder will emanate from Reno, Nevada this Friday night and the card is packed full with four huge matches!

In the main event we will see two seperate pairs of enemies involved in the same match as Jeff Jarrett teams up with WCW Cruiserweight champion Jamie Knoble to take on Psicosis and Diamond Dallas Page. DDP was on the receiving end of a guitar shot on Nitro as Jarrett decided to mock him as he is the only one of the six superstars entered in the Elimination Chamber guaranteed a rematch if he looses. Psicosis returned to World Championship Wrestling Monday on Nitro to answer Knoble's open challenge and WCW President Eric Bischoff has booked this match as the main event of the evening.

Also Friday night, Guido Maritato of the Full Blooded Italians will take on David Cash in one-on-one competition. Maritato is also rumoured to be introducing a new member to the F.B.I. tonight so you don't want to miss that.

The man loaded with stacks of potential, Nick Dinsmore goes one-on-one with Rob Van Dam's enforcer Big Bubba Rogers in a Hardcore match. Rogers was responsible for ending Dinsmore's chances to win the Hardcore title on Nitro when he pulled him out of the ring before hitting him with a steel chair. Dinsmore will have the chance at revenge tonight.

Confirmed Matches:

* Diamond Dallas Page and Psicosis vs. Jeff Jarrett and Jamie Knoble

* Hardcore match: Nick Dinsmore vs. Big Bubba Rogers

* Guido Maritato vs. David Cash

* Lex Luger vs. Norman Smiley.

user posted image

Friday 17th August 2001

user posted image

Coming to you from Reno, Nevada

Our hosts are Mike Tenay and Stevie Richards. I sure hope his ankle heels up soon; I wanna see him back in the ring again.

The show starts off with the arrival of the Full Blooded Italians led by Guido Maritato and with him is…YAY! Dawn Marie is with the F.B.I! Well, she does look a bit Italian don’t you agree? She’s wearing a short skirt and tube top which both have the Italian flag covering it totally. Guido has a microphone in hand.

Guido: Tonight marks the beginning of the rise to prominence of the Full Blooded Italians! I go one-on-one with David Cash in just a moment and of course, the Italian stallion will come out on top in that match. We added to our numbers recently, adding the beautiful…ITALIAN born and bread Donna Marie to our ranks. This vision of Italian perfection will be the difference between obscurity in the lower ranks of this disgusting company and climbing high up the ladder to the very top where we belong! Who was the last Italian to hold a title in this country? Huh? Huh? You can’t name one can you! Well you won’t have to wait long because in a short time, one of us will be wearing WCW gold! David Cash; say arrevarderci to your chances tonight!

Guido dropped the mic and David Cash (Kid Kash of ECW fame) came to the ring. Nice and subtle there; the changing of Dawn Marie to Donna Marie that is. Of course I’m joking! Why not just keep Dawn Marie as her name?

David Cash vs. Guido Maritato w/ the F.B.I.

This was essentially a squash right here. It’s a shame because Cash does have talent and can be a big asset for the cruiserweight division if they did something with him. Also, I don’t know what it is, but the name ‘David’ sounds weird in wrestling. Don’t know why, but it just makes the guy seem out of place. Make him Kid Kash again. Or at the very least just drop David and make him plain old Cash. Anyway an interference-less match went on for about four minutes with Cash trying to carve an opening in which he could take over and get the win, but unfortunately for him he was on the wrong end of the Sicilian Slice and then was quickly locked in the Sicilian Crab for a submission victory. The other four members of the F.B.I. got into the ring to celebrate with their leader and Donna Marie gives Guido a big old Italian smooch! Aw, ain’t it lovely?

Rundown

Winner: Guido Maritato (4:39)

Good match for the short time they had, even though it was essentially a ‘let’s show off Guido and the new woman to the audience’ match. I like the pairing of Donna/Dawn Marie with the F.B.I. though, so it’s all fine by me.

* ¾ - I can’t in all good conscience give a ‘squash’ anything higher.

Commercial Break

Thunder comes back to see Eric Bischoff sifting through a bunch of papers and signing a couple of things when Jeff Jarrett and Symphony burst into his office.

Bischoff: What the hell do you think you’re doing Jeff? You don’t just burst in here!

Jarrett: I’m sorry boss, but I needed to talk to you right away!

Bischoff: Really; what about Jeff?

Jarrett: It’s about Jamie Knoble Eric! I just got a phone call from him saying that he’s missed his flight and he won’t be able to make it for the main event.

Bischoff: So?

Jarrett: So…? SO!?! This means I have no partner! You can’t expect me to go out there and face ‘psycho boy’ Psicosis and Diamond Dallas Page all on my own can you?

Bischoff: No…no I suppose not. What do you propose then Jeff; would you like me to change the match to a one-on-one against DDP…

Jarrett: NO!!! I mean, let me go out and find a tag team partner to team up with! You know; even the odds Eric!

Bischoff: Hmmm…not a bad idea. Who do you have in mind?

Jarrett: Well th…

Just then there’s a knock at the door as Malice walks in. Jarrett and Bischoff look him up and down as Malice just smirks and snarls a little.

Jarrett: He’ll do just fine.

Bischoff: Ok, I guess that makes sense seen as you are Knoble’s buddy and all. Ok! It’s on Jeff; it’ll be you two against Psicosis and DDP in the main event.

Jarrett: Thanks a lot boss.

Malice: …yeah, good choice…

Malice, Jarrett and Symphony walk out with the camera following them. Outside the office door, Jarrett shakes Malice’s hand and then says:

Jarrett: Perfect timing man. Tell Jamie it’s on tonight.

Malice: Yeah, no problems there Jeff…

They walk off down the corridor with the cameraman just looking on. Now it’s time for a pre-recorded interview.

Okerlund: Welcome to another WCW exclusive interview. I am ‘Mene’ Gene Okerlund and I am here with Lex Luger and the lovely Miss Elizabeth. Mr. Luger; can I ask you for your thoughts about your upcoming match with Norman Smiley?

Luger: Yes you can cue ball. Norman Smiley is nothing but chewing gum on my boot; an annoyance. He’s the sort of person that doesn’t understand when the he’s no longer welcome. When the door is slammed shut in his face, he thinks that the wind accidentally blew it closed. Tonight I’m going to show him that he isn’t needed around here.

Luger and Elizabeth walk off and the video stops before ‘Mene’ Gene can even say his usual bit at the end! Shocking! Just plain wrong and shocking.

Lex Luger w/ Miss Elizabeth vs. Norman Smiley

Why oh why oh why? Seriously WCW; why on earth does Luger still have a job? Oh yeah; Sting. Ok, my next question is; why don’t they just make him a secretary or something? At least he’ll have a job AND he won’t have to stink up the ring! We have a very, VERY slow passed match here with Smiley doing his damn best to pull something above DUD out of Luger. He throws EVERYTHING in his arsenal at Luger here, but the big slug either no-sells it or sells it so badly it makes the offence look crap and make Luger look like a washed up old has-been. Well…one half of that is right; he is washed up. He can’t really be a has-been because he never-was…been. Yeah. Thankfully for all those WCW fans with eyes, the match ends when Luger made Smiley submit to the Torture Rack. Miss Elizabeth got in the ring and hugged her lover-boy before giving him a kiss on the cheek. Luger hoists her up onto his shoulder and she sits there all happy as we go to another break.

Rundown

Winner: Lex Luger (6:54)

I wanna know why (obviously it’s got a lot to do with Sting) Luger is actually winning matches these days. He just beat Norman Smiley who a lot of the fans really do like. He gets a good-to-very good reaction every time he comes out, yet Luger gets ‘X-Pac heat’ as it were.

DUD – Is an explaination needed?

Commercial Break

We’re back on Thunder and Mike Tenay points us in the direction of the backstage area saying ‘Mene’ Gene Okerlund is standing by with Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire.

Okerlund: Thank you Mike Tenay, and I want to comment on what a great show it’s been already tonight! I’m standing here with two of the best athletes in the history of this company. Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire. At ‘Road Wild’ in a little over a weeks time you two men will challenge for the WCW Tag Team titles in a three-way dance match. How do you prepare for a match like that?

Palumbo: Listen to me Okerlund; we’ll get to that in a little while, but first we’ve got a couple of issues to address.

Okerlund: Ok then sir, what would you like to address?

O’Haire: The five members of the nWo!

Okerlund: Excuse me Sean, but the members of the nWo are World Heavyweight champion Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Triple H and Shawn Michaels; that’s only four.

O’Haire: Oh really? Are you sure about that Gene? I mean; can you be 100% certain that there is no other person who is unofficially a member of the New World Order?

Okerlund: Well I sup…

O’Haire: You can’t, but you see, we can. One week ago…Sean Waltman made his debut in WCW right here on Thunder with Billy Kidman. That raised some eyebrows didn’t it Gene?

Okerlund: I gu…

Palumbo: Of course it did. You think of Sean Waltman; you think of his nWo buddies. When he was in WCW the last time what was he; a member of the nWo. Even up north he was hanging around with Triple H and Shawn Michaels. What does that tell you Gene? It tells me and Sean that the nWo has got a fifth member…and his name is Sean Waltman.

Okerlund: I don’t think you can make those assumptions with no proo…

O’Haire: With no proof? Was that what you were going to say man? Well, incase you forgot, I had to face Sean Waltman Monday on Nitro and I lost. I have no problem if the better man won, but he didn’t; he didn’t win the match cleanly and by himself did he? Look at this…

Palumbo: Roll the footage…

We see the footage of the Triple H distracting the referee so Scott Hall could interfere on behalf of Sean Waltman allowing him to hit the X-Effect and get the win.

O’Haire: If that isn’t concrete proof then I don’t know what is.

Okerlund: I understand your point’s gentlemen, but it seemed as though Waltman did not approve of the assistance.

Palumbo: Maybe you’re right; maybe he didn’t. But the question I then ask is, ‘why do it then?’

O’Haire: Let’s make one thing crystal clear here and now; if the nWo stick their noses in our business one more time, there will be hell to pay!

Okerlund: Thank you for your words gentlemen. Strong words from one of the top teams in WCW; let’s go back to ringside with Mike and Stevie for the hardcore match!

We go back to ringside as Stevie and Tenay argue about whether Sean Waltman is in league with the nWo. Tenay doesn’t believe he is, but agrees it wouldn’t be a surprise as he is very close friends with all four members of the nWo shown by their meeting on Nitro. Mike Tenay then says Nick Dinsmore was spotted backstage a short while ago and asked to record something for the fans to see.

Dinsmore: I know a lot of you don’t know who I am, but that’s all going to change very soon. Bubba Rogers; you tried to ruin my dream of winning my first title in WCW on Nitro by nearly giving me a concussion! Well you know that tonight we’ve got a hardcore match and anything is legal; I’m going to show you that as well as being a technical wrestler by trade I can sure as hell go a full on hardcore match with a man who is hardcore by nature! Tonight Bubba…I show the world what the ‘Ironman’ I all about!

Hardcore rules: Nick Dinsmore vs. Big Bubba Rogers

The commentators discussed the focus of Dinsmore as Roger made his way to the ring alone. No RVD = no heat for Rogers. Dinsmore’s music hits and he rushes down to the ring with a lead pipe in hand. He is forced to drop it when Rogers starts kicking him as he slides in the ring. He tries to whip him across the ring and Dinsmore reverses it and gets a knee to the gut when Rogers came back at him. I’m getting flashbacks to “Bubba Rogers vs. David Flair” from June. He rolled out of the ring and grabbed a steel chair to kill Rogers with. But Roger stopped him with a low blow. That works well that does. He takes the chair and clocks Dinsmore himself which gets him a near fall. We go for another minute with Rogers dominating, getting a near fall (!) off the Rogers slam. He’s shocked at that, so he goes and picks up the lead pipe. He lines up to hit Dinsmore in the head, but Dinsmore manages to duck the blow and scoop Roger up on his shoulders and hits the Death Valley Driver! Dinsmore covers…1…2…3, Dinsmore beats Bubba Rogers! You know Rogers has been unable to win one singles match in WCW since he debuted in June? He’s had six televised matches and one pay-per-view match and he has only won the tag team match with RVD against Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer. If he were still in the WWF there’d be a teeny variation on the win/loss ratio.

Rundown

Winner: Nick Dinsmore (6:19)

Dinsmore came all the way to the ring intent on using that lead pipe but it wasn’t used once in the whole match.

* - Looses marks for promising lead pipe bashing and failed to deliver. Me unhappy.

Commercial Break

We get a ‘newer‘ “He’s Coming” video. ‘Newer’ because it’s the same ones as before, only this one has a DATE!!! A DATE!!! It says that he will make his presence felt on September 10th. Next month and he will debut on Nitro…cool, fine by me.

Malice and Jeff Jarrett w/ Symphony vs. Diamond Dallas Page and Psicosis

This kids is what we call ‘bait and switch’. I was looking forward to seeing the match that was advertised as were many other people I know. So of course, we have the perfect reasoning and logic behind WCW’s move to replace Knoble with Malice. Anyway, the heels are out first and out together coming out to Jarrett’s music. When they do that it generally means the other guy is just there to further something…which is SO true here. The faces come out together (see! What’d I just say…) come out together to DDP’s music. Page and Jarrett start out, but Jarrett tags out to Malice quickly. DDP tries to his use his speed advantage here against Malice (speed? DDP? Nah) and it actually works to begin with. He tags out to Psicosis who uses the same strategy here to good effect or a short time until Malice takes off his head with a clothesline. Malice mauls Psicosis for a bit and tries to finish him off with a big cool looking spinebuster in which he pops back up after. However the pin is broken up when DDP kicks Malice in the head. Tag on heel side and Jarrett takes over where Malice left off by beating the holy hell out of Psicosis. Jarrett then did the clever heel thing by going after the legs in order to stop Psicosis from flying about. Unfortunately an attempted dragon screw ended up in an enziguri for Jarrett followed by a single arm-springboard DDT from the top rope. Awesome stuff there. Psicosis crawl towards DDP to make the tag but the heels use some initiative and distract the referee so the ref cannot call the tag. Malice gets the tag in and takes out Psicosis’ legs after wrapping them round the ringpost and then across the apron. Jarrett again was tagged in and he locked in a figure-four leglock! DDP was trying to get the fans to cheer on Psicosis, which they did of course. Psicosis managed to turn over the pressure and break the hold. Jarrett then took Psicosis over to his corner and tagged in Malice. Jarrett held Psicosis for Malice to hit, but Psicosis ducked and he nailed Jarrett! Psicosis quickly mustered enough strength to get to the top rope and nail a plancha onto both men! He then tried desperately to crawl towards DDP and…makes the tag! DDP comes in and cleans house! DDP manages to knock down Jarrett with the Diamond Cutter before going after Malice. DDP does his signature spinning clothesline, but Malice ducks and DDP nails the referee! Malice turns and walks straight into a Diamond Cutter from DDP, but there’s nobody to count the pin. Suddenly Jamie Knoble comes running down the ramp! He grabs the guitar from Symphony and smashes it across the head of Page and rolls Malice on top. He wakes up the referee who just manages to count…1…2…3 awarding the match to Malice and Jarrett! Knoble attacks Psicosis on the outside as Jarrett celebrates the win for a shot time until her turns straight into a Diamond Cutter from DDP! Page has a small cut on his head as he looks on. He grabs Knoble’s Cruiserweight title and goes outside to confront Knoble and Malice who retreat when they see DDP looking all crazy and shit. They point the blame at Jeff Jarrett, so DDP goes back into the ring and drills “the Chosen One” with the belt before throwing it out onto the ramp like some garbage. Hmmm, that seems strangely ironic that. Thunder goes off the air with a slightly bloodied DDP tending to Psicosis on the outside.

Rundown

Winners: Jeff Jarrett and Malice (16:28)

I think Malice could be on the receiving end of a big push in the near future. It’s either going to be him or Nick Dinsmore. Anyway the match ran longer than I expected. Granted it did have three heavyweights in there, but the one cruiserweight really dragged the match down in terms of time because you know WCW just can’t let a match involving cruiserweights go very long don’t ya?

** ½ - Was a good fight with Psicosis taking the beating like a man!

Another nice show.

The opening stuff was really damn good. I'm a fan off the FBI so nice to see them involved in places. Good stuff with Dawn Marie joining them too, that's really fitting for me. I'm hoping they get some sort of feud down the line and get involved in stuff.

Very nice stuff with Jarrett and Bischoff. I like how you've got Jarrett kind of being nice to Bischoff, works fine. Things worked out well here and got good build up for the main event, so good job.

Short and sweet promo between Okerlund and Luger. So Luger over Norman? Good job, I like that. Shame it had to be Norman though. With Flair and Sting in charge backstage I see Luger getting a decent push, and it's so realistic. I don't mind the guy at all to be quite honest so I've got no problems here and I'm hoping to see him maybe involved in a battle against the nWo or something down the line. Off course things are in your hand, so whether you push him or not is up to you.

The Okerlund/O'Haire/Palumbo stuff was damn good. Really interesting stuff right here and I cant wait to see where this actually leads.

I still cant stand the sight of Dinsmore. I just cant get used to him and I'm praying he's not the one who is going to get even the slightest of pushes. I just see him as a boring character for some reason and he doesn't seem to fit in, but that's just me.

I knew it was him who was coming! I so know who it is even though we've had no clues at all :P

Very nice main event. I liked how you worked it with Malice filling in the place of Knoble, even though Knoble teaming with Jarrett would have made it a much better match. Really enjoyed the ending to the match and the aftermath, even though it was a little weird. I can see Page being the one to eliminate Jarrett from the Chamber match actually.

Overall another really good show and I'm pretty hyped for Road Wild now.

Good show, althoug hthe lack of Kanyon makes me a sad puppy.

I like the crusierweight feud, but I think Helms vs. Knoble could have lasted longer. Double J vs. DDP seems to be going well, but Scott Hall is getting lost. The total lack of nWo was odd, but it's cool. I am sure they will be all over Nitro:-p

Good shows man, The Waltman/nWo stuff is interesting. I think Waltman is better off without the nWo for now. I think he'll end up feuding with Scott Hall (who's not doing anything at the moment.) Sure it's kinda a small feud for Hall but in real life if he was put in there with a Clique buddy he'd be motivated as well as Waltman who was getting lazy at the end of his WWF run.

The lion's den match sounds great except Shamrock said there would be weapons, So shouldn't be a "lion's den weapons match"? Since the regular Lion's den didn't have weapons in the cage. The stuff with Flair and the committe is interesting and I suspect Steamboat is one of the guys?

I would like to see Shawn Michaels more involved doing more than the usual nWo interviews, I know it's 2001 and he was injured but he'd play such a perfect cocky/cowardly character to manage Nash, Kinda like a obnoxious prick who bothers people too much but they won't fight back since he's injured. There for Michaels gets Nash to do his dirty work for him. Maybe pairing Michaels up with The Outsiders or HHH as a manager?

My pick for the Chamber is Booker T or Goldberg right now, I would go with Goldy but I don't think you've really hyped him up as well. He hasn't really talked that much about the match. Same goes for HHH but with HHH it's all right since he wants his buddy Nash to walk out with the gold. I think guys like Flair, Scott Steiner (returning) will get involved in it somehow. Or maybe Sting?

Keep up the awesome job man, Looking forward to the next shows :D

Edit- I like Dawn Marie's new name, I mean it isn't better than the original one but it gets her over as Italian I guess, She makes a interesting fit with the FBI. I accidentally misread the show and thought you named her Donna Maria lol

Edited by Baby Hewey

-- Chapter Twenty Six --

Saturday 18th August 2001

Finalising the Championship Committee...

3rd Person is in

Bischoff: So you're prepared to join the Championship Committee that we're putting together?

Dusty Rhodes: By gawd of course Ah am Eric! Ah mean my son is down 'dere alreadeh boy and I'm just dyinh', just DYINH' to get back and work with Ric Flaihr and you guys.

Bischoff: What about the WWF? You're under contract to them aren't you?

Dusty: Well Eric man, its onleh a 'peh appearance' contract brutha. It's 'dere own fault that I'm aloud to leave man. You offah me a good ole' contract boy and I'll sign it no doubt, no doubt Eric.

Bischoff: Alright Dusty, I'll get my secretary to send the contract up to you later on today, get it back as soon as ya can ok?

Dusty: No problem "boss"...ha ha, yeah...

Bischoff: It's great to have you on board.

Other than Ric Flair, the Championship Committee has now got two other guys confirmed. Dusty just confirmed himself willing and ready to leave the WWF and there is also Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat who will take part in the group. Ric Flair was the one who spoke to him personally last week and Steamboat agreed almost straight away. Ric Flair was also scheduled to meet with former eight-time NWA World Heavyweight champion Harley Race tommorrow.

Bischoff's idea was to have at least five or six guys in the Committee, giving them the role of Commissioner or President of WCW. The idea was to have them act as if they were an actual Committee; deciding the major matches between one another via votes essentially. With Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Dusty Rhodes all confirmed so far with Harley Race likely to be coming in, there was just one last spot to fill, and Bischoff knew exactly who he wanted. A specific, retired former World Heavyweight champion was the man who Bischoff wanted, and he was going to give him a call...

4th person is...IN

Bischoff: Hi _____, it's Eric Bischoff.

???: Oh, hello Eric, what can I do for you?

Bischoff: Actually, it's more along the lines of what I can do for you.

???: Oh, how's that?

Bischoff: Well I know that you're unemployed right about now and you're really not doing very much; how would you like a job?

???: A job? Eric I'm retired remember?

Bischoff: I know I know, that's what makes it a perfect role for you. You see; I'm looking for a type of 'authority figure' person to be a part of a Championship Committee...

Eric Bischoff and the person on the phone spoke about Bischoff's job offer for a quite some time with Bischoff explaining what his role would be and that he wouldn't require him to wrestle what so ever. The man certainly seemed interested in his offer, and asked questions about what his role would require and such things.

Bischoff: So...what do you say?

???: Well, I won't be wrestling which is fine. I can handle this role, and I can see it being good fun...I'm in Eric, I'll take the job.

Bischoff: Great! I'll uh, I'll get the contract sent out to you as soon as possible ok?

???: Sure, no problem.

They hung up the phone and Bischoff quickly got on the phone again to tell both his partners Ric Flair and Steve Borden about the guys he had managed to get on board.

I'm also guessing Hart, Not sure if he'd work well with Bischoff or if he'd want anything to do with the company since they fired his ass when he got injured. Though I doubt Hart would want to go to WCW where Shawn Michaels is. My other picks are Vader, Yokozuna (weird yes), Rick Martel (if he's in the scenario, plus he's a former AWA champ if the AWA title means something big)

Edited by Baby Hewey