What If?...

TMM

Just catching up with things, here we go.

Good opening with the nWo and Booker, very good opening. Really like it how you did the usual 'next week' trick, and Booker is taking the title, I'll explain why a little later.

Good job with the tag titles, they needed to be around Awesome and Storm so that you could get a proper tag feud going. Jindrak/O'Haire are so better together, but Palumbo/O'Haire is fine by me. Hopefully this leads somewhere good actually. Great ending by the way.

RVD/Funk feud? Now I'm going to forgive you for bringing in RVD. I think it's a great decision if it happens. This could be such an awesome feud with Funk as the face, don't get dreamer involved though. It's a shame you didn't have Raven around, you could have given him a feud with Dreamer to keep him away from the Hardcore title while RVD/Funk feud. Heck a good idea, you could even have cocky RVD recreate a version of Ravens Flock which goes up against Funk, which ends with Raven returning to save Funk and reform his original group or something. I come up with crazy ideas, but that's just me. Anyway good work here.

Goldberg vs. HHH, Road Wild? Good job. At least it probably keeps them from both going over, and I wouldn't be surprised if this ended in a draw as HHH certainly isn't losing his PPV debut match if you ask me. Then again I cant see Goldberg losing, I smell some sort of screw job going on here though. I hated seeing Flair/Crowbar get killed in the match they had, but it was the right thing I suppose. Very good ending with Page coming to save them too, good job with the stuff here.

Main event is great stuff. Shamrock going crazy is brilliant, even though I'm not his biggest fan. Hopefully Kanyon doesn't turn it into a feud and Shamrock moves onto someone else, but either way I see something good coming out of this for both men. Good job putting the title on Kanyon as well.

So overall another good Nitro with some solid match's and good promos too. Good stuff here again, and hopefully Road Wild gets a good card.

Just also read Chapter Twenty One, which was really good. Before I started reading it I was thinking, why not let Bischoff sign Sean but then refuse to let the Kliq rule the backstage stuff. I mean he could just refuse to listen to them and run things how HE wants them done, he could then explain to them that if they walk out then he would play it off as Biscoff who killed 'The Kliq' and the 'nWo'. Plus I doubt WWE/WWF would take any of them after they had walked out on them earlier to join WCW(HHH, Sean and Shawn). Hopefully that all made sense. Anyway after reading it, I cant see Nash going over Booker again. Bischoff I think will say fuck nWo/Kliq and see Booker as someone who isn't selfish off screen, so therefor give him a deserving run with the title or something.

Great stuff soo far anyway.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Chapther Twenty Two --

Thursday 19th July 2001

Convincing Flair...

Eric Bischoff had spent Tuedsay afternoon talking to Sting about the possibilty of bringing in Sean Waltman and sticking him with the nWo. Sting had agreed to bring in Sean Waltman, but the only way anything was going to happen was if they spoke to Ric Flair first. Bischoff wasn't even sure how he was going to 'vote' on the situation, as he was still in two-minds over it.

He had spent yesterday on the phone to all the workers on the main roster, and told them to be at the arena two hours in advance this Monday, or face a two-month suspension for not turning up. He had to explain more-or-less, what was going on to them, and while some didn't agree with it, they all agreed to be there.

So far today, Flair wouldn't even listen to his reasonings for hiring Waltman.

Flair: I don't care how much time you spent rehearsing all this in an attempt to convince me, but it wasn't worth it. I don't want Sean Waltman in WCW. You, Nash, Hall, Michaels and Triple H are the only ones that want him here. Besides; to make a decision here, you need two of the three of us to agree, and I'm 99% certain that Steve doesn't want him here anymore than I do...

Bischoff: Sorry Ric, but that is where you are wrong.

Flair: What?

Bischoff: Believe it or not Ric, Steve said that the idea of signing Sean is a good one, and he is for it.

Flair: So, what? Did you just come here to rub it in my face that you made a decision without me or what? Was there a point o this other than to rub it in my face?

Bischoff: Actually, I haven't made up my mind either way. The idea was given to me by Shawn Michaels, and I told him I would speak with you and Steve about it. Put it like this; if you're against signing Sean, it's down to me to decide. If you're for it, it doesn't matter what I say, because it'll be two against one.

Flair: Well, my position is clear; I don't want him around here. The 'Kliq' is bad enough already how it is, one more will make it worse. What I don't understand is why you're even CONSIDERING the idea. Doesn't he hate you? Didn't you screw up his life?

Bischoff: I don't know, but I do know that I'm going to think about it, and I'll give you and Steve my answer on Monday before Nitro.

The two men stand up and depart. Bischoff has three days to make up his mind about which way his 'vote' is going to go...

So, voting time! Keep in mind, I want you to vote as if you were in Bischoff's position, not as a X-Pac fan or hater.

A ) Vote "yes" to signing him

B ) Vote "no" to signing him

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

So, voting time! Keep in mind, I want you to vote as if you were in Bischoff's position, not as a X-Pac fan or hater.

A ) Vote "yes" to signing him

As long as the Clique don't get to have too much power backstage though, Sign him as good faith for the Clique but don't let them get away with shit. Have Flair/Bischoff/Sting sign Waltman as long as Nash drops the title too. It would be pretty interesting to see Waltman interact with Flair and Bischoff since they both hate his guts.

Either way X-Pac isn't really someone that important, I mean sure I'd like to see him show up so we can get some good matches out of him and a possible shoot at the WWF, But he's not really that much of an impact player like Michaels or Helmsley. Their debuts made a big impact because they were former world champions and have always been over with the crowd since their rise to the main event. Waltman though is just a midcarder who was in X-Factor at the time. If you sign him he'd work well in the US/Cruiserweight division or team him up with Hall.

Though he doesn't have to go to the nWo like JohnnyPerfect had a good idea by putting him with the filthy animals Waltman does love to stick his toungue out like an animal doesn't he? :D

Or you could team him up with a big monster and have Waltman show what emotion and having a heart is all about.... and then have him turn on the big lug and join the nWo :shifty:

BTW have you tried contacting a network for a second TV show?

BTW have you tried contacting a network for a second TV show?

Yes I have, and I'm hoping that, starting in August I'll have a second show. I'm aiming to bring it up to 3. If I do, one will be Thunder (probably on Fridays though because of SmackDown) and I don't know what the 3rd will be. It'll be the equivelant of Heat, and I would only recap it in a single line and so on.

B ) Vote "no" to signing him

As for reasons i've already stated in the last page. So yeah....don't listen to hewey. Any ways looking forward to the new show when it comes and can't wait to see nitro. I hope you get the strap off nash as fast as you can. Even if he pulls some thing very nWoish and gives it to hall or hunter after vacanting it. <_<

user posted image

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

Sunday 22nd July 2001

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

Wendesday 18th July

user posted image

WCW are facing the possibility of a lawsuit in regards to Ray Traylor's ("The Boss" Bubba Rogers) gimmick from Vince McMahon and the WWF. The WWF are on the verge of filing a lawsuit for WCW's use of the Big Bossman manerisms, character and gimmick without permission. It is glaringly obvious to all that "The Boss" Bubba Rogers is an almost exact rip-off of the Big Bossman, a gimmick used by Traylor in the WWF. WCW have been working on repackaging Rogers since of this, and he will be kept off of WCW programming until a new gimmick is thought up.

Thursday 19th July

user posted image

Expect to see Terry Funk around a little longer than expected, after the reaction he recieved both at 'Bash at the Beach' and on Nitro this past Monday. Funk was originally given a one-date deal with WCW, with the possibility of several more 'one-shot' appearances over the coming months. But WCW have since decided to offer Funk a new contract, one that is rumoured to be about 3-4 months in length. Funk will continue working the programme that he started with Rob Van Dam on Nitro.

Friday 20th July

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Former WWF superstars Billy Gunn, John Layfield (Bradshaw) and David Heath (Gangrel) have all joined WCW on temporary 'trial' contracts. They will work several house shows against fully contracted workers to see both the fan reaction and how well they perform in the ring. They will have until the end of August to impress the WCW officials before they're 'trial' contracts end.

Sunday 22nd July

user posted image

It was announced today that, as of Friday 10th of August of this year, NBC will air a second, brand new WCW show. The show will be an hour-and-a-half long, and will start at 6pm. The name of the show has not yet been revealed, but some rumours have said the show will be Thunder. WCW.com has confirmed the announcers for the brand new show as being Mike Tenay and new signing Steven Richards. This will also prompt an overhaul of the announce teams, as it is expected Tony Schiavone and Jerry "the King" Lawler will host Nitro on their own as of Monday 6th of August.

MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

user posted image

Coming to you LIVE from Manhattan, Kansas, Monday Nitro is going to be following on from an incident filled Nitro last week. We saw Mike Awesome and Lance Storm win back the Tag Team titles 24 hours after loosing them to the Filthy Animals. We saw Rob Van Dam launch an unprovoked attack on the legendary Terry Funk after beating him in a Hardcore title match. And last but certainly not least; we saw Shawn Michaels officially unveiled as the newest member of the New World Order.

We will see a three-way dance between Rey Mysterio Jr, Lance Storm and O'Haire. The representatives of the three teams involved over the bitter feud over the Tag Team titles will battle it out in a one-fall to a finish match. Next week will see Billy Kidman vs. Mike Awesome vs. Palumbo in another three-way dance.

Of course, the match that has everyone talking is the World Heavyweight title match between Booker T and the current reigning champion, Kevin Nash. These two have been battling it out ever since the rebirth of WCW back in June, and on Nitro it will hopefully draw to a close.

Confirmed Matches:

* Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. O'Haire vs. Lance Storm

* Johnny the Bull vs. Road Warrior Animal

* World Heavyweight title match: Booker T vs. Kevin Nash ©

Nitro looks good, Booker T is so winning it in my opinion. I don't see him jobbing to Nash twice. Or maybe it'll be a DQ or something and Booker will get the belt at Road Wild.

I don't know about Richards being an announcer. He'd work well as a manager imo. Personally I'd love to see Bobby Heenan back in WCW :D

Looking forward to Nitro, Keep up the awesome work

user posted image

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

Monday 23rd July 2001

user posted image

We are LIVE in Manhattan, Kansas

Our hosts are Tony Schiavone and Mike Tenay. Hmmm, where’s King?

O’Haire vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Lance Storm

Well, we’re going right into the action tonight! ‘Mene’ Gene informs us that Palumbo, Kidman and Awesome are all barred from ringside for this match. They all circle when Mysterio decides to go after Lance Storm! O’Haire just keeps out the way and watches them go at it. He has an EVIL smirk on his face. Mysterio dumps Storm out the ring with a dropkick, and then looks at O’Haire. He shrugs his shoulders and tells him to ‘bring it’. They lock-up, and exchange some nice ‘cruiserweight’ moves, which isn’t too much of a surprise as O’Haire reminds me of a ‘bigger cruiserweight’ if you get me. Mysterio takes dominance after a head-scissors, but then walks straight into a martial arts-like kick to the jaw from O’Haire. O’Haire then got dropped out of nowhere with a quick super-kick from Lance Storm. Storm covered him, but only managed a near-fall before Mysterio broke it up. Storm gets an arm-wrench, but then falls for the old ‘run up the turnbuckle and get a hurricanrana’ trick from Rey Rey. Rey stands up right into a scoop slam from O’Haire, who goes for an elbow, but Rey Rey rolls out of the way as Lance Storm comes back with a dropkick to O’Haire’s head! Rey jumps over and gets a roll-up on Storm for a two count, then the two square off and stop. They see O’Haire getting to his feet and turn their attentions to him. Double kick to the gut, and they’re going for a double-suplex! They try and left him up, but O’Haire struggles out of it, as Storm and Awesome release the grapple. Rey charges in on O’Haire, but he catches him and holds him up high in the air…before dropping him OUTSIDE knee-first on the STEEL STEPS! Holy mc-ow! Storm then takes him down leg first and locks in the Half Crab! After about 20 seconds in the hold, O’Haire rolls onto his side and starts kicking Storm in the head with his free-leg. Storm releases the hold and turns away, holding his face. He turns round and walks RIGHT into the Widow Maker! O’Haire looks outside and sees EMT’s checking on Rey’s leg, so he goes to the top rope, signals for it…and hits the Seanton Bomb! 1…2…3, O’Haire wins the match. O’Haire smirks and leaves the ring. Mysterio is in shit-loads of pain on the outside, and EMT’s are trying to load him onto a stretcher.

Rundown

Winner: O’Haire (8:56)

Well, I guess it’s to get over O’Haire and Palumbo as the ‘wild-card’ team in this feud, as they are out for both teams because they couldn’t care less. The Mysterio injury is probably faked, but the landing didn’t quite look confortable!

* ½ - Fun match, and the ‘O’Haire murdering Mysterio’ was fun to see.

Now we get a clip from last weeks Nitro where Chris Kanyon won the United States title by beating Ken Shamrock in a great match, marred only by the semi-constant interference from Randy and Alexis. We’re told that Kanyon has seriously injured his ankle, due to the assault by Shamrock last week, and will not be here tonight. We’re also told that Shamrock has been fined $55,000(!) for the assault on several WCW officials, and as a result has been suspended until the August 13th episode of Nitro. Then we get a pre-recorded clip of Randy and Alexis assuring us that Kanyon WILL be back next week, and he WILL be holding a special ‘commemorative segment’, talking about how great he is. The segment closes with a picture of Kanyon smiling and wearing the US title around his waist. Cool. Could be fun.

Commercial Break

We’re back from the break, and we’ve got HEEL Rob Van Dam coming out. What the heck? “The Boss” Bubba Rogers is walking out with him…I’m confused. Well he’s carrying Van Dam’s Hardcore title with him. He’s got it over the arm that is also holding his nightstick. Ok, explain please! Well, RVD just might do that now.

RVD: Hey dudes; it’s Rob…Van…Dam! Who is it (fans chant ‘Rob…Van…Dam’ because they are SHEEP)? That’s right dudes and dudettes! Now, I know you wanna know why I attacked Terry Funk last week after our match. Well, it’s simple dude; he said that our match was gonna be ‘Hardcore Legend vs. Hardcore Legend’! I mean, dude, there was only one legend in that match, and that was Rob…Van…Dam. Terry; you use to be a legend dude…but now you’re old man! How old are you know? 73? 74? I can’t remember dude. But anyway man, I was just SO SHOCKED by the way you put yourself in the same breath of greatness, that’s me by the way, greatness is R…V…D! I was so shocked that I nearly collapsed on the spot! But hey dude, it’s ok. All you need to do is come out here and apologise to me for it. Mr. Rogers won’t hurt you; he’s my new enforcer, and he’ll leave you alone dude.

Ah, so Bubba Rogers is there so RVD can hand him the title so his hands are free for his ‘thumbs thing’! Makes PERFECT sense now. Yup…

Instead of Terry Funk coming out, we get Tommy Dreamer! BIG “ECW” chant starts up here.

Dreamer: You think you are a legend Rob? You think you can even be considered as a LEGEND acting the way you do? You’re nothing but an egotistical piece of crap Rob, and I’m gonna cut you down where you stand…by taking your Hardcore title!

RVD: Hold on dude! I’ll tell you what; how about a good old fashioned tag team match dude? Me and Mr. Rogers against you and ANYONE in the back dude. The first person that steps…

RVD is cut of in mid-sentence as Terry Funk comes down the aisle!

Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk vs. Rob Van Dam and Bubba Rogers

Dreamer and Funk charged the ring and jumped on their opponents in the ring. Both Rogers and RVD got taken out of the ring with a pair of ‘Cactus-clotheslines’! Awesome. We get a four-tier brawl around ringside with the faces beating up the heels with some typical ‘revenge’ tactics. Funk repeatedly smashes Rogers head into the steel steps and drops him to the floor after about the seventh time. RVD and Dreamer start battling up the ramp and Dreamer slams RVD’s head into the set. RVD collapses like he’s been shot, but Dreamer doesn’t care as he picks him up and accompanies him back to the ring. He tosses him back inside and goes in after him. RVD quickly drops a leg across the neck of Dreamer and tags in a now-bloody Bubba Rogers. Bubba comes in with his punches-that-miss-by-a-foot and Dreamer get beaten into a corner from them. Bubba whips him across the ring and then charges into a big boot from Dreamer! Dreamer drops him with a DDT then tags in Terry Funk! The Funkster goes…what else…nuts on Rogers and pounds away at him in a corner before stomping around in a circle yelling total gibberish. He turns to go after Bubba, but he has ducked out the way and tags in RVD! BIG “RVD” chant follows, as Van Dam does his bow thing, but Funk just doesn’t give a shit and starts to attack his candy ass! RVD kicks him away with a martial arts kick off the top rope, and Funk lands near Dreamer who tags himself in! Dreamer and Van Dam go at it, literally pounding on each other for a full minute without either man letting up, until RVD was knocked back onto the ropes. Dreamer tried to whip him across, but RVD reversed it and sent Dreamer into the ropes. Bubba Rogers hopped up on the apron with his nightstick and whacked Dreamer in the back with it before quickly disappearing off the apron. Dreamer walked straight into a crescent kick from RVD, who then went to the top rope and hit the Five Star Frog Splash for the 1…2…3. RVD rolls out of the ring seconds before Terry Funk comes in with a steel chair. Bubba Rogers joins him on the ramp with the Hardcore title in tow. Funk and Dreamer look on, pissed off.

Rundown

Winners: Rob Van Dam and Bubba Rogers (6:45)

Well, I still don’t quite get the point of putting Bubba Rogers and RVD together, but I *guess* it could work. The rumoured lawsuit the WWF are trying to pin on WCW for using the name “the Boss” could be a reason I guess.

* ¾ - Was kinda crappy match-wise, but watching Funk go nuts is always fun in my books.

We get a quick hype video promoting the main event. The WCW World Heavyweight title match between Kevin Nash and Booker T. We are also reminded that Eric Bischoff is going to be making a, and I quote “huge announcement regarding the World Heavyweight title match at ‘Road Wild’”. Well, they should both be interesting…I think.

Road Warrior Animal vs. Johnny the Bull w/ the FBI

Why? Why I ask? Well, Animal seems to be playing face tonight. That’s fine with me. The Bull, Guido, Vito and Mamaluke surround the ring, and then they all get up on the sides of the apron. Animal finally realises that he is surrounded, so he knocks Guido off the apron. Then the shit happens, as the other three guys jump Animal and beat the crap out of him. No match here. We get a triple-team from Vito, Mamaluke and the Bull as Guido calls the shots. Then Animal’s music hits as HAWK runs down! Wait…that ain’t Hawk…what the fuck? That’s bloody Bill DeMott! I don’t believe it. DeMott is fully decked out in Road Warrior-esque outfit, complete with face paint and everything. He gets in the ring, and together they fight off the FBI, sending Vito, the Bull and Guido to the outside with clotheslines before Animal hoists Tony Mamaluke up on his shoulders, and DeMott climbs to the top rope and hits the Doomsday Device! The “New” Road Warriors pose in the ring until the break comes.

Rundown

Winner: No Match

I’m not sure what they’re doing with these two. I’m hoping they’re using this as a way of giving them both something to do as well as using Animal to help get DeMott over. Well, as long as they don’t get involved in the Tag Team title feud just yet, I don’t really mind.

Commercial Break

We return to Nitro to see Torrie Wilson and Billy Kidman playing happy couples. Aw, ain’t that disgusting? Well, Torrie is trying to console him about Rey’s injury, saying that the doctors have said he’ll make a full recovery in about 5-6 weeks. Kidman complains that ‘Road Wild’ is in just under 5 weeks, and because of the injury they won’t be able to get a title rematch against Storm and Awesome. Speaking of the devils, the Tag Team champs walk in and attack Kidman from out of the blue! The double-team him and beat him down. The attack ends after Mike Awesome powerbombs Billy through a nearby table (handy that?). The champs get in Torrie’s face and tell her that now neither of them can get a rematch for the belts. They walk off, and Torrie bursts into tears as she checks on Billy, whose face is off-screen, but apparently bloody as Torrie’s hand gets bloody. Hmmm…why didn’t they just SHOW his face?

We got elsewhere in the back, and we pop into the Eric Bischoff’s office!

Bischoff: I know what you are thinking, but no, this is NOT the big announcement for ‘Road Wild’, but it is an announcement for tonight’s World Heavyweight title match between Booker T and Kevin Nash. Tonight will see these two go one-on-one for the World title; a title which by all rights, should probably still be Booker T’s. This has turned into a blood feud…so that gives me one choice for the stipulations for the match; First Blood. First man to bleed, looses the match and looses the right to be champion in an anything goes match! No DQ’s, no count-outs, no pinfalls, no submissions, the only way to win is to make your opponent bleed! That is all I have to say on the title match tonight, but my MAJOR announcement will take place AFTER the final bell for that match. Thank you very much.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Norman Smiley

Well, I guess the First Blood stipulation ‘might’ explain why they never showed Billy Kidman’s face after the beatdown. I think there might be a weekly limit on blood for Nitro! Something screams “filler” to me about this match. Smiley is already in the ring, and Jarrett comes out looking rather pissed off and quickly goes after Norman in the ring. He sends him into the corner and unloads with a bunch of knife-edge chops. The ref pulls them apart, but Jarrett quickly goes back on the offensive with a suplex out of the corner and stomps away at Norman Smiley until he stands up and walks into the Stroke for the quick, easy, squash.

Rundown

Winner: Jeff Jarrett (2:17)

Well, that was…there. It got Jarrett on TV, so I’m fine with it. But it was still a waste of…oh, he has a mic!

Jarrett: Listen to me all you useless people! I’m talking to the fans! You Eric Bischoff! What the hell am I doing here? I mean, I’m Jeff Jarrett! I’m a former four-time WCW champion, and here I am in a match with ‘I suck so much I haven’t won a match in years’ Norman Smiley! Next week, I will make an impact; something the management HAS to notice, and this will show them that I am THE ‘Chosen One’, the man who will lead WCW to a higher level! Don’t forget it; next Monday Jeff Jarrett returns…to greatness!

Commercial Break

We come back from the break and get a advertisement saying “He’s Coming”…nothing more and nothing less. Two words is all we get. Hmmm, who’s coming?

WCW World Heavyweight title – First Blood: Booker T vs. Kevin Nash ©

Booker T is out first, and has a microphone in hand.

Booker: You know; tonight we settle this blood feud Nash! We’ve both sweat and we’ve both bled over the past month, and tonight it comes to an end dawg! Blood will settle it, and after tonight is all over, all said and done…your blood will stain the canvas and my fist, because I am walking out of here the five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time WCW champion, now can you dig that…SUCKA!?!?!?!

Booker throws down the mic, and it’s on! Kevin Nash walks out, and he has Scott Hall, Triple H and Shawn Michaels with him. They stay at ringside, and they circle. Nash steps into the ring and the nWo music stops. The ref is just about to signal for the bell, but Goldberg’s music hits! Goldberg and DDP walk down the ramp sending the nWo over to the other side of the ring. Goldberg and DDP are both holding crowbars, and DDP has a ‘Crowbar and David Flair’ t-shirt on! Tony Schiavone informs us that next week we’ll see DDP vs. Scott Hall on-on-one. The bell rings, and Booker jumps Nash and starts beating away at him in the corner. Nash flaps him away, but Booker comes back with a big clothesline. Nash falls to the mat, but Booker picks him up and lays into him with more rights and left. It’s a slugfest so far, but Nash is on the receiving end of all the punishment. Booker T signals for the Scissors Kick, but when he tries to bounce of the rope he gets whacked in the back with a chair shot from Scott Hall! Kevin Nash then floors him with a big boot. DDP and Goldberg go nuts and attack the nWo, and we have a huge brawl out here! The two actual competitors are staying in the ring and

Nash is totally dominating him now. Nash exposes the turnbuckle and tries to slam Booker’s head into the steel, but Booker blocks it with an elbow to the gut. Nash staggers away, but Booker then runs straight into a sidewalk slam. Nash instinctively tries to cover him, but the referee doesn’t count. He picks up the steel chair that Hall whacked Booker T in the back with earlier on, and lines it up to clock Booker in the head. Kevin Nash swings at him, but Booker ducks it, kicks him in the stomach and finally nails the Axe Kick! Booker quickly does a Spinarooni, and goes to the top rope. He signals for the Harlem Hangover…and nails it! Out of nowhere Shawn Michaels comes in and takes him out with a blow from the World Heavyweight title belt. Booker T collapses, and then the referee calls for the bell, Booker T was busted open by the belt shot, Kevin Nash retains!

Rundown

Winner and STILL World Heavyweight champion: Kevin Nash (13:23)

Still far to long for a Kevin Nash match, and was a total cluster-fuck if you ask me. I think the ‘First Blood’ stipulation was added to keep Booker T from being pinned so he is kept strong.

DUD – Dull as dish-water

Seconds after the bell is rung, the Nitro music plays, signifying the arrival of Eric Bischoff! He’s out with a microphone of course:

Bischoff: Stop fighting RIGHT NOW DAMN YOU! if you do not stop, you will all be suspended without pay INDEFINITELY (they quickly stop)! Now, congratulations Kevin, you retained your title the SNEAKIEST way possible. But, you will not be able to sneak your way out of the title match at ‘Road Wild’ on August 26! Goldberg and Triple H; you two were suppose to face each other at ‘Road wild’ weren’t you? Well, that match is now OFF! I shall explain why in just a moment. Now, take away Mr. Cripple that is Shawn Michaels, we have a six-men standing here in this ring. It also begs the question; who will challenge Kevin Nash for the World Heavyweight title at ‘Road Wild’? Well, the answer is simple; ALL OF YOU will! That’s right; Booker T, DDP, Goldberg, Scott Hall and Triple H, all of you will have a chance to become the World Heavyweight champion…in an Elimination Chamber! Good night!

The Nitro music plays and Bischoff departs, leaving all six-men confused in the ring. The faces stare down the nWo as Nitro goes off the air.

Show Rundown

Well, quite possibly the worst Monday Nitro of the ‘new’ WCW to date. It wasn’t terrible by any means, but if you want to see wrestling; ANY wrestling, this isn’t exactly going to help you much. The triple-threat was ok I guess. There was about 30 minutes of ‘wrestling’ with the rest being backstage stuff and such. Oh well, I’m interested to know what this Elimination Chamber is though.

Not exactly the best show I've done. Is incredibly short, even by my standards!

Next vote wins it by the way...

Elimination Chamber sounds awesome, There's no way Nash is winning but I wouldn't be surprised to see the belt go to another nWo member like HHH or Hall. My pick for the EC is Goldberg walking out with the gold somehow. DeMott and Animal is an interesting choice for a tag team...... Looking forward to Road Wild.

-- Chapter Twenty Three --

Monday 23rd July 2001

Before Nitro...

2 hours 30 minutes Prior to Nitro

Eric Bischoff had been at the arena for an half an hour already, and was the first person of the staff to arrive. He was expecting both Ric Flair and Steve Borden to arrive within the next couple of minutes and it was time to inform them of the course of action regarding Sean Waltman...he wanted to sign him. It was down to him, as both Steve and Ric had voted opposite directions, leaving the deciding vote to him. He had spend the past couple of days thinking it over in his mind; trying to work out which was the best way to go. He knew it would be a big risk signing Sean Waltman, but after some careful consideration, he knew that Waltman could be an asset to the company. For one thing, he was a great performer both in and out of the ring. You also have the natural chemistry between Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Waltman would get people talking about them. Then you've got the backstage shit they have been known to pull. But that was what this upcoming meeting was all about...

2 hours 10 minutes Prior to Nitro

Bischoff: Right...so it's agreed? We'll talk to Sean Waltman about joining WCW?

Flair: Apparently so...

Sting: Ric, if you're really against signing him for a reason that ISN'T personal, just say so, and the idea will be scrapped.

Flair: What makes you think my reasoning is personal? If you want to sign him, it's fine with me, I'll live with it...

Bischoff: ...O...K. So, tommorow I will talk to him. Now...we've got the meeting to sort out...

1 hour 30 minutes Prior to Nitro

Bischoff: Well, we have an almost complete turn out today. No Jerry Lawler, so that means Jerry Lawler will be SUSPENDED until this time in September WITHOUT PAY! Things will be changing around here as of tonight. As you well know, the 'old' WCW was the victim of a shit-load of egos in the back, and they will NOT be tolerated any more. You see, if myself, Steve Borden or Ric Flair hear of any form of 'politics' from the writers, then they will suffer a one-week unpaid suspension if we deem it necessary. The second matter to be addressed is the matter of arriving late to shows. Now, I understand that there are unforseen events that could prevent people from arriving on time. But people, this is the year 2001; go out and by a cell phone! If you're in a traffic tram, ring up and let somebody in charge know. That is the ONLY excuse that will be accepted for lateness. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late, you must phone ahead and let us know. If you don't, expect a one-week suspension without pay. These are the only new rules, but the old ones still are in full force. Basically, if you have ANY problems with the new rules and punishments come and talk to us when we finish. If you don't think you can keep up these rules, then I advise you to leave the company, because these rules are not optional; they apply to ALL of you! You may be the most popular man in the company, you might be a 'legend' in the business...we don't care, because in regards to the rules, you are all the SAME! No special treatment for anyone. Thank you for your time, and go out and put on a good show...

I think it was personaly a good opener to the show. If you've scrapped Lawler then good job, Tony and Mike are classic WCW and way better. It's going to be interesting to see where this tag stuff leads, and hopefully at like the PPV we get some huge tag team match with even more teams involved.

Never really like RVD on the microphone, but I can live with it for now. Nice stuff here, even though I'm not a fan of Dreamer. I'm still hoping for like an RVD stable off some sort that goes against another Hardcore stable. Good build up here if you ask me.

I hate seeing Vito and co getting beaten down big time. Really interesting idea you've got with this whole new Road Warrior stuff, and I'm prepared to give you a chance with it. I'm hoping these two teams also get involved in the tag title stuff for maybe Road Wild or something.

Don't like seeing Normal Smiley being jobbed big time to Jarrett right here. Should have been someone else if you ask me. I want to see Smiley in the Hardcore action, and Jarrett pushed nicely. I really hope Jarrett meant what he said, and hopefully he makes a huge impact and gets into a feud or something.

Now the main event, simple WCW right here. Wrestling wise, crappy. Build up wise, great. I had to go over one part though, that part being how Tony says DDP/Hall next week on Nitro. Fuck yeah, here's hoping they get a one on one match, fuck interferance. Anyway nice stuff here if you ask me, and the ending was done well in my eyes. The announcement after was great too, and hopefully you build it up big time as no one has a clue what the Chamber match is. Hopefully it doesn't look EXACTLY like the one in the WWE too. I'd want Hall to walk out champ, but in real life I couldn't see it happening. My money is firmly on Page and always will be.

Certainly not the best Nitro you've done, but it was written well which is the main thing. I like to see not so great shows from time to time, because that's reality for you. Really good stuff here, and I'm hoping to see big build up for Road Wild on the next Nitro with some match announcements.

Also as for the latest chapter, good stuff. I can live with Sean coming it, but boy would it be great to see him NOT go with the nWo. You said you'd sign him, you never said he'd be working with the nWo though. That could certainly hotten things up with Nash and co.

what happened to the ratings`??

you used to put the nitro- raw ratings after every show. now you just stopped why

WE WANT RATINGS

I only put the segment/show ratings once, but I don't post them any more because like, for the Animal vs. Johnny the Bull match the rating was 64/67/ 59. Now I made it a "no-match", so those ratings wouldn't be QUITE accurate.

But I know what you mean. In my weekly update (starting next week unfortunetly) I'll put the RAW and Nitro ratings k?

Guest UmpireAJS

no matter what the hell happens backstage you can't actually overpower the clique or guys like Goldberg w/o taking away their creative control since their attitude is well... terrible. Unless you havn't done that,you are in big trouble.