What If?...

TMM

Hmm maybe Kidman will turn heel to join Torrie? It adds something to Kidman's character that is needed. Looking forward to see who Helms gets. Hopefully it isn't another big man. Can't wait for Nitro to see what Booker and the New World Order will do.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or is the Noble/Helms feud a lot like Kash's feud with (I think) Styles.. (or whenever he brought in Dallas)

Ha, is it? Seriously, if it is, it's entirely coincidental because I've NEVER seen a NWA: TNA episode, nor do I pay attention to their storylines. If it is anything like that feud...was that feud good? :D

Hmm maybe Kidman will turn heel to join Torrie? It adds something to Kidman's character that is needed. Looking forward to see who Helms gets. Hopefully it isn't another big man. Can't wait for Nitro to see what Booker and the New World Order will do.

One thing I'll say about the mystery partner, is that it isn't a debut, but someone already under contract.

No way can you let go of Disco and The Cat. Disco is certainly a huge part of WCW if you ask me and there's no reason what so ever to let him go. The Cat is really the same too, he brings something good to WCW if you ask me. I honestly don't want to see anyone else let go because it's changing things way too much. There's really too many hirings and too many firings if you do this. I also have no feelings for Dreamer and hopefully he doesn't go too far in WCW. Funk returning for The Bash is damn good and hopefully it's more than a one off thing. Goldberg certainly needs something huge as he's super over with the fans so he needs to be there if WCW are going to compete with WWE in ratings and so on.

Other than that things are going well and I'm hyped for Nitro and the upcoming Bash At The Beach. You've still got Russo signed right? If so then bring him on television, I don't care what people say, I thought he worked wonders on camera. Also Jarrett vs. Hennig can certainly be a MOTY candidate and one heck of a main event.

user posted image

Monday 25th June 2001

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum         Results          Upcoming PPV card

user posted image

We are LIVE at the Tad Smith Coliseum in Oxford, Mississippi

Our hosts are Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay and Jerry “the King” Lawler

We get right under way with the appearance of the WORLD Heavyweight champion, Booker T. The champs comes to the ring, and is SLIGHTLY peeved off. Can’t blame him; he got treated like the wall of a building in an estate last week! The Book-man has a microphone, so here’s the recap of what he said:

Booker: Most of you fans know that I’m a fun loving guy, but tonight ain’t about fun dawg! Tonight is about revenge! Tonight, I’m gonna give Kevin Nash EXACTLY what he wants. He wants a match with me for the World title? Well I’m willing to give it to him, right here, right NOW, tonight! Nash, get your ass out to this ring right now man! I ain’t playing! Move it!

Booker stands waiting, and after a few seconds, the nWo hit the arena! Hall has some spray paint in hand, because he’s nice like that. Kevin Nash is holding in his right hand a plastic replica of the World title. Ha ha.

Nash: Hey Booker! You like this belt? It’s pretty cool isn’t it? It looks just like the one you’ve got draped over your shoulder doesn’t it? But you know, there are a few differences between the two. First, and kind of obviously, this one is made of plastic! Just like your girlfriends breasts. What? What? Hey man, I’m just repeating the things I’ve been told! You know how the guys talk in the back! I mean, like 80% of the guys in the back have told me that exact story! Oh, and second…although this belt is a fake one, at least this one actually BELONGS to me! I bought this one with my own money, but you won that belt simply because Scott Steiner wasn’t fit. I mean; ALL of your World title reigns have been frauds! Let’s look at some history shall we? You’re first title reign was thanks to beating Jeff Jarrett at the Bash of the Beach, last year in July. The night that shook the wrestling world. You get Hogan and his BS, Vince Russo and HIS BS, and then you come up and win the belt. You didn’t deserve the title shot. Hell, earlier in the night, you lost to Chris Kanyon! August 28th last year on Nitro, I BEAT YOU to start my FIFTH World title reign. Then, at Fall Brawl in September, you beat me for the title, but; I mean, I had my mind on other things you know? There are just those nights where you’re thinking about what’s going on elsewhere. Anyway, that win was a FLUKE!

Booker: A fluke was it dawg? I beat you cleanly, 1…2…3 in the centre of the ring after you tried to cheat to win!

Nash: Shut it Booker, I’m talking here! Your third title reign…my god, do I even NEED to talk about that? What the hell is a ‘49’ers’ match? Four boxes, and the title is in one? You didn’t even PIN your opponent! No submission, no pin, you OPENED A FREAKING BOX!!! What kind of an example is that? Seriously, you don’t deserve that title. You should’ve given up the World title and kept the US belt, because, credit where credit is due, you actually EARNT that one. About your offer for a World title match tonight? No thanks, not tonight. First off, I don’t have my ring-gear, and second, there’s already a title match between us coming up.

Booker: What?

Nash: Sunday 15th July. Bash at the Beach. Me and you. One-on-one, my title comes back to ME! It’s all been arranged Booker, so there’s no getting out of it.

Booker: Hey Nash! I ain’t gonna try and weasel my way out of the match, like you just did! I’ll be there next month, but tonight, I want one of your boys! I don’t care which one! Hall, Triple H, you! I don’t care, I want a match!

Triple H takes the microphone from Kevin Nash’s hand.

Triple H: Hey Booker! I am more than happy to oblige…

Booker: Good, come on then sucka! Let’s get this match…

Triple H: Woah, woah, woah Booker! Don’t get ahead of yourself man! You didn’t let me finish! What I was going to say is, I’m more than happy to get in that ring with you…next week. (Crowd boos, proving that this classic heel tactic still works to a ‘T’) What? You think I’m gonna wrestle tonight? No offence, but Oxford, Mississippi isn’t somewhere I want to have my first official WCW match man! I want a money match! Next week we’re in Louisiana at the New Orleans arena; that’s where the match will take place. Take it or leave it Book; you want the match, I’m giving it to you!

Booker: Fine Triple H; next week! You and me sucka, and I come out on top! I’m counting the days Triple H, and once I’m done with you, I’ll be counting the days until I get in the ring with you Nash! Now can you dig that!?!

Booker’s music plays, as the segment leads into a commercial break. Good work there from Nash, as he did well playing up the idea that Booker is a fraud. Of course, hell logic states everything he says makes sense. Up next; Knoble and "Big Dude" vs. ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms and a partner to be announced.

Commercial Break

We return as Knoble and “HUGE” Batista are coming to the ring. Knoble calls for a microphone and gets one. Batista is standing there, looking EVIL.

Knoble: Ladies and gentlemen; I would like to introduce to you, the biggest piece of muscle in the company today! The man who will help me win the dubbya SEEE dubbya Cruiserweight title; MALICE! (Ok, fine! Batista has been dubbed ‘Malice’ now.) This man is god damn huge ain’t he? 6 foot 5! 320 pounds! Would you look at the size of his arms? I mean, by gawd they are gigantic! This man is ripped! Look, look at the physique would you? Can you BELIEVE that he is human? How many people look like he does? You people are out of shape; I just KNOW you’ve never seen ANYTHING like him! Unfortunately for ‘Sugah’ Shane Helms; Malice is MY muscle! So come on champion; get out here, and bring out your partner! I bet he don’t compare to MY partner!

I think Jamie Knoble’s promo was *this* close to being semi-gay! Well, the champion comes out all alone, but he DOES have a microphone:

Knoble: Hahahahahaha! You couldn’t find a partner could ya? That doesn’t surprise me! Who would be stupid enough to team with you and step in the ring with MALICE baby?

Helms: Jamie…shut up for a minute please! Your stupid whiney voice is getting on my nerves! (Malice took offence to this, and went to get out the ring, but Knoble held him back) That’s a good idea Jamie; hold him back! I have a partner Jamie, and he is BIGGER than your big dog! Bigger, badder, and stronger! Allow me to introduce…THE WALL!!!

Wow…he IS bigger than MALICE! Wait, that’s the Wall? Shit he looks different. He’s bulked up! I’m talking muscle! He’s grown his hair a bit, and is now ‘classic Flair-esque’ in length, if that makes sense. Anyway, he and Helms run down and we got the match!

The Wall and ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms vs. Malice and Jamie Knoble

The Wall and Malice go at, as do the cruisers with the faces coming out on top, sending the heel duo to the outside. Ain’t that always the way? Helms doesn’t want to wait for them to get back in the ring, so he launches himself over the top rope…into Malice’s arms! Malice cracks Helms ribs over his knees twice before throwing him back into the ring OVER the top rope! The Wall, who is surprisingly agile for his size, baseball slides Malice and then gets out there to KICK HIS ASS!!! Yeah! Sorry, where was I? They’re slugging away at there, neither guy is letting up! Damn, we’ve got a slugfest going on! The punching FINALLY stops when Knoble hits an axe-handle of the apron to the Wall, allowing Malice to roll him in the ring for match to begin. Ok the bell rang before, but it starts now! It’s Helms and Knoble, and they continue right where they left off last week with some nice reversals and dodges to get the crowd into the match. Knoble manages to duck a big superkick, falls over and flaps his hand around before tagging in Malice. Helms turned, pointed at the Wall and elicited a big cheer from the crowd, as they wanted some Wall! Well, you know what I mean. We get the tag, and we get the big fan reaction as the big guys face-off. They go nose-to-nose, and as the Wall steps back, Malice strikes, but his blow is blocked! The Wall lays in with some of his own punches before sending him across the ring before getting killed DEAD with a big clothesline! The Wall rolls outside, then Malice roars and follows him out. They start beating the CRAP out of each other again, fighting at the foot of the ramp. Tenay points out the referee is up to 8 on his count, and I’m calling a double count-out…yup, I’m right! What a crappy ending. Malice and the Wall are still going at it even after the bell has rang, as are Knoble and Helms inside the ring. The Wall has Malice set up for a chokeslam, but he stops it with a low-blow…and hits a big sit-out powerbomb! Ow. In the ring, Helms dodges a clothesline and hits the Vertebreaker, but can’t celebrate very long as Malice gets in the ring and kills him DEAD with a clothesline! He tosses (!) him up onto his shoulders, and puts him right back down again with the sit-out powerbomb. Malice gets up, roars, and then carries Knoble to the back.

Rundown

Winners: DRAW, double count-out (4:11)

Well, for the short time Knoble and Helms were in there, it was good, but that’s obvious. This Malice dude has an awesome look, and actually looks pretty decent in the ring. This Knoble/Helms feud has started off well, and good be very good.

* ½ - Was mainly a brawl, but gets points for the Helms/Knoble ‘mini-match’ in the middle.

It’s time for a commercial, but up next it’s Chris Kanyon vs. Dustin Rhodes!

Commercial Break

WCW United States title tournament: Chris Kanyon vs. Dustin Rhodes

Straight into it, as upon Dustin Rhodes entrance, he gets a good reaction, doing the typical babyface things by going round the ring, slapping hands and then getting in the ring, on the ropes. Well, here comes Chris Kanyon! He’s got…someone with him, on his arm. Ooo, she’s purty. He’s also got a microphone in his hand.

Kanyon: Cut the music. Before this match starts, I’ve gotta ask my HUGE fan Alexis something; who betta than Kanyon?

Alexis: Nobody is betta than YOU Kanyon!

Kanyon: That’s right, and Dustin; you CERTAINLY aren’t betta than Kanyon!

Kanyon continued walking down to the ring with Alexis on his arm. He got in the ring, and he and Dustin locked up, only for Kanyon to take him down with a firemans carry. He goes over to Alexis, who points at him and claps. He winks back at her and gives her thumbs up. Ha ha, this is fun. We get a couple more of these little moves, including the ‘going over to Alexis’ bits, although not as much, he just smirks, and she does the thumbs up. Kanyon dominated the early couple of minutes, but gets dropped with a Russian leg sweep after giving Alexis a wink. He gets back to his feet, but goes down with a spinning neckbreaker and then gets up and walks into a vertical suplex. He holds him in the air for about 30 seconds, before dropping him chest first over the top rope! The crowd cheer this, whereas Alexis is shocked! She’s jumping up and down, shouting, “He can’t do that! He’s not better than Kanyon!” Ha ha. Dustin slams him off the ropes, and gets a near fall. We get to see Dustin beat Kanyon around the ring, much to the utter disbelief of Alexis on the outside. Dustin calls for the Curtain Call, which doesn’t have a name here, because the announcers plainly say, ‘he’s calling for it’. He picks up Kanyon and sets him up on his shoulders, but Kanyon wiggles out the back, and Dustin turns round into the Flatliner! Cover gets three, and Alexis hops in the ring to hug her hero, and the two head to the back.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Chris Kanyon (7:23)

I enjoyed it. I like the gimmick Kanyon is doing. Dunno if Alexis is going to be a permanent character, but if not, they need to have different people come out with Kanyon every week and play the role she did.

** ¼ - The match was good, and Kanyon did a real good job making the gimmick a part of the match.

Time for another commercial, and when we get back, “the Boss” Bubba Rogers has something to say. Huh?

Commercial Break

Yup, here he comes. We’ll see where this one is going. He’s got the mic:

The Boss: (Points, and looks at a fan at ringside) Sit your ass down and show some respect for the LAW in these parts! You break my laws again boy, and I WILL take you out! I’m out here, because I have to inform you people that I will be taking David Flair’s place in the United States title tournament! He is to injured to compete, and is sitting in a hospital bed after the beating I gave to him! As well as winning the US title at the Bash at the Beach; I will also be entering the Hardcore title battle-royal, and I WILL win that title as well! After July 15th, I will be wearing TWO titles! And nobody will be able to stop…

Rogers is interrupted, when DAVID FLAIR makes his return after…a week. Hmmm, if only it was longer. Anyway, Flair runs down and gets into a fight with Rogers! What the hell? There’s a referee coming down? Only one? It takes more to break up a fight…he rings the bell!?! It’s a match, cool!

Hardcore match: David Flair vs. “the Boss” Bubba Rogers

Tony Schiavone says that he has just been informed via his headset that David Flair told the referee to follow him out, as this was going to be a HARDCORE match! Yay! Weapons! And they’re legal! David hits a running crossbody to Rogers, knocking him over so he can go outside and bring in…the dreaded TRASHCAN FILLED WITH…TRASH!!! Trashcan lid to the head, and again before swinging and missing with a Singapore cane. He tries again, but Rogers grabs it and cracks it over the skull of David, knocking him down. He gets a near fall, and then picks up the trashcan lid, whips Flair across the ring and aims for his knees, but David jumps over the lid and hits a dropkick to the mouth! We get a “Bossman sucks” chant going, as Flair picks up the nightstick and waits for Rogers to get to his feet before clocking him in the skull with it, making the pin and getting a…three count? Well, that was quite the anticlimactic ending there. Flair holds the nightstick in the air to a mild pop from the crowd.

Rundown

Winner: David Flair (2:34)

Well, it was there to establish Bubba Rogers participation in the Hardcore battle royal, as well as to make it clear that David Flair will still be in the US title tournament.

DUD – Was a crapfest.

We get a ‘Bash at the Beach’ spot, simply highlighting the return of the Hardcore title. I noticed all four members of the F.B.I. were a part of it, as was Mark Jindrak. I guess they’re going to be in the battle-royal.

Stacy Keibler is out, and she introduces Shawn Stasiak, and in the process refuses to dance for us. Bitch. “TAFKA Meat” is out, and has this to say:

Stasiak: Shut up, listen, and learn. Tonight marks the return to dominance of the ‘Mecca of Manhood’. Not many people can keep up with myself in any aspect of life…well, except for a few! (He looks at Stacy and strokes her chin. Lucky twizzle.) But others continue to try, and try to outsmart me, out wrestle me, and worst of all…out LOOK me! Now, all my fans, and the LOVELY Stacy will tell you, that there is nothing better looking than the 242lbs of man standing in the ring before you right now. Least of all that scraggy little bag of bones, Billy Kidman. I hear people talking about how sexy he is, but let me ask all you ladies out there, who’s better; me or Billy Kidman (the crowd loudly yells ‘Kidman’. Ha, he loose)? Wha…? What do you know anyway? You’ve never seen anything like me, because I am perfection. You’re in AWE of me, so you choose something that you understand; something achievable like Kidman! He’s not very picky, I mean, he’d sleep with ANY of you women just so he could say he lost his virginity!

Right then, Kidman’s music cut of Stasiak and he raced out to go toe-to-toe with his opponent tonight.

Billy Kidman vs. Shawn Stasiak w/ Stacy Keibler

Hmmm, Kidman doesn’t have the Cruiserweight Tag belt with him. They go at it, of course, as most matches in WCW have began recently, with the face laying into his opponent. The referee separates the two, and as soon as Stasiak gets out the corner, Kidman knocks him to the floor with a dropkick, followed by another. Is that the theme tonight? Repetitive moves early on? Stasiak goes and stays down after a spinning heel kick, which Kidman follows up with a springboard elbow-drop. Kidman covers, and gets a near-fall. Kidman is in control for the moment, and off an Irish-whip, hits a spinebuster. He drags Stasiak and goes to the top rope, but Stacy Keibler is on the apron. Kidman is distracted, and Stasiak gets up and tries to knock him off, but to no avail as Kidman punches him away. Stasiak stands up, turns around…and ducks a missile dropkick! Stasiak jumps in and rolls him up WITH THE TIGHTS for a near-fall. Kidman tries to tell the referee Stasiak had his tights but, Stasiak flattens him with a forearm shot, before taking full control of the match. Stasiak got a near-fall from a powerslam, but nothing really looking as though he had the match won. Torrie Wilson is seen in the back, watching the match and rooting for her former lover. Stasiak whipped Kidman into the corner, and followed up with a clothesline before sending him to the other side. Kidman though run up the turnbuckle to the top, turned around and tried to hit…something. Anyway, Stasiak followed him, and as he came down, Stasiak kicked him in the stomach and went for a powerbomb, BUT YOU CAN’T POWERBOMB KIDMAN, as he reverses it into an X-Factor. He drags Stasiak across the ring, goes to the top rope, and lands the Shooting Star Press! Pin is academic, from here, and again, we see Torrie in the back, and she is celebrating the win. Kidman goes to all four corners in celebration.

Rundown

Winner: Billy Kidman (6:12)

Wasn’t a bad match by any accounts, but there was a bit of a styles clash there. Not to say I didn’t enjoy, because I did, as both guys played their roles well (Stasiak being the cocky bigger guy, and Kidman being the underdog).

** - Was a good, fun match, but was still filler.

Another break is up, and the main event is coming up soon; Jeff Jarrett vs. Curt Hennig!

Commercial Break

We are BACK, and in the back with D…D…P and his wife Kim…ber…ley. Ok, bad attempt at humour. Well, nothing of note going on here, and seen as he doesn’t have a match, it brings back that age old question; what is he doing there then? He doesn’t have a match, so he doesn’t need to be there. Oh well, there’s a touching moment between the husband and wife as they’re about to kiss, which is soon broken up by…Scott Hall!

]Hall: Aw man…ain’t that sweet? No, no really! Do continue man, just pretend that da bad guy ain’t here (Hall leans against a wall, cross armed waiting for them to continue)

DDP: What the hell are you doing here Hall? After what you did last week, I’m surprised you have the balls to even be within 100 metres of me! Well don’t worry Scott, because I’m gonna get rid of those balls for you by shoving them down your damn throat!

Hall: Woah, woah man! I’m here because I wanna apologise holmes!

DDP: Apologise?

Hall: Yeah man, apologise. You know, I was thinking about what I did last weak man, and I realised it was wrong. I screwed you out of your chance to win the United States title, and I’m really…REALLY sorry about that.

DDP: You are?

Hall: I am. I am man. To make it up to you, I’m…I’m gonna let you replace me in the tournament…

DDP: You…are you serious?

Hall: NO! Course I’m not man! I’m just playing with ya! He he, see you later…chico…

Scott Hall departs with a teeny little wave, a drunken bop out of Page’s locker room while WHISTLING the nWo them. Ha ha. DDP wants to knock him out, but Kim holds him back. She tells him he’ll get him back soon enough. Funny segment.

Time for the US title tournament match, and out comes Curt Hennig! Hennig gets a very good reaction actually, and has a microphone in hand, so me thinks he wants to talk! Good deduction, no?

Hennig: Well, well, well! The one true body of perfection has returned! Tonight, Curt Hennig returns to WCW for the first time since last summer! Gotta admit; I’ve missed this! I mean; what is WCW without me? Well, not very much, but tonight, I face…Jeff Jarrett (booo). I agree, but this match isn’t just a normal match, oh no, this is a United States title tournament match! So tonight, am going to not only BEAT Jeff Jarrett, I am going to humiliate him by simply being in the ring with him! Because, he is just ordinary, while I am…perfect.

Jarrett is making his way out, and I’m looking forward to this one.

WCW United States title tournament: Jeff Jarrett vs. Curt Hennig

Could well be the best match so far on Nitro after the night is over, but that’s only if Hennig is on top of his game. Before they do anything, Hennig urges him to stay away before spitting his gum in the air…and flicking it at Jarrett! Ha ha ha! Jarrett is irate, and tries a lock-up, but Hennig ducks and takes him down with a quick neckbreaker, getting an early near fall. Jarrett gets up quickly, and charges into a forearm from Hennig! He whips him across the ring, goes down flat for Jarrett to run past him, then leapfrogs him, and then simply clotheslines him down! Perfect! He wipes his hands, and gets a two count off the pin. We gets some nice suplexes by Hennig, followed by a few cocky pins from the former ‘Mr. Perfect’. Hennig has been TOTALLY dominant thus far, and he’s really got the crowd behind him as well. Jarrett clattered into the turnbuckle, then walked back out INTO the Hennig/Perfect-Plex! 1…2…3! It’s over, wait, his foot’s on the rope! The ref informs him of this, and Hennig is a little annoyed. The referee goes over to make sure the timekeeper and ring announcer got it, and while he was distracted, Jarrett low-blowed Hennig! Boo Jarrett, boo! Time for a commercial, BASTARDS! Why this match, of all matches?

Commercial Break

When we come back, Jarrett has Hennig locked in the Boston crab. Tenay and Schiavone are talking about how Jarrett has been in 100% control through the break. Hennig is in pain, and clawing and scratching on the mat. He does the miraculous ‘pain gives me strength’ thing, and starts crawling to the ropes, and finally gets there to break the hold. Hennig is still on the mat, and now Jarrett thinks HE’S won. The ref tells him otherwise, and he is pissed off. So he goes over to the turnbuckle and seems to pull something out of turnbuckle padding and put it in his shorts. He picks up Hennig and hits a delayed brainbustAH, and gets a near fall for that as well. Jarrett starts to work over the back, and hits a backbreaker to prove it. He holds Hennig there, and pushes him down on his knee for a few seconds, before the ref breaks it. Jarrett continues his dominant run for a few minutes more, being slow and methodical. Or slow and boring, depends on your viewpoint, but I see it as methodical. Finally, Jarrett whips Hennig across the ring; Hennig ducks a clothesline and then hits a knee to the gut. Jarrett gets up, goes down with a punch. Scoop slam, sidewalks slam, and Hennig pulls down the straps! He means BUSINESS! Jarrett is getting up, and he has BRASS KNUCKS on! Hennig scoops him up for the Hennig-Plex…and hits it! Wait, Jarrett has rolled on top of Hennig…1…2…3! Wow! Definitely the brass-knucks there…yup, the replays shows Jarrett hit him in mid-move. And that’s all there is, as the show ends with Hennig still down from the knucks-shot, and Jarrett holding his back as he wanders up the ramp.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Jeff Jarrett (11:18)

Nice ending actually. Must admit, the match was really, really good. Hennig was at his best today, and so was Jarrett. Wish the break wasn’t stuck in there, because it would’ve been nice to see the entire thing, but, oh well.

*** ½ - Very good match, nice ending which keeps both strong.

Show Rundown

There was a minimum of the nWo tonight, which was a BIG surprise. Well, we’ve got the main event for Bash at the Beach, that being Nash vs. Booker T.

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Great show, BATB is looking awesome and I'm hoping Nash gets the gold then but I doubt he'll hold it for long. Damn I was hoping for a Hennig win but we might get a good Hennig/Jarrett feud after this match so it's all good. Heh Hall sure made an ass out of DDP :D

Keep up the great work man

After that Nitro without a doubt you have to set up a Page/Hall feud. Not only can it be awesome, but it can see Kimberly turn on Page. Kimberly was there with Page during there little chat on Nitro, maybe she has the hots for Hall and wants to manage a real man. I think it can so be done.

HHH/Booker next week on Nitro? Great stuff there. You set it up in classic fashion as well I must say. That's how a heel usually plays it too, so really good work to open the show up. Next week is the last Nitro before Bash At The Beach, right? If so then good work there. I can see nWo somehow coming out on top at the end of Nitro that's for sure. Nash was guranteed that title reign, so he's certainly taking the title at The Bash but it shouldn't be a clean job if it happens. If nWo is there to take over WCW though then they certainly cant be made to look weak, which means if Nash gets a hold of the title then he cant drop it to anyone slightly weak. Which means for me he can only really drop it to Sting or Goldberg because they are the two who are simply made to look like god's, if you get me with that.

Anyway moving on. The Wall stuff looked/sounded good for me. I honestly think he should be turned heel though and maybe side with Malice and Knoble, leaving Helms needing backup or something, heck maybe even Three Count could be going against them. Either way something like The Wall vs. Malice would be nice for The Bash.

Kanyon advancing is a good move. Plus Dustin wont really lose out as you could easily include him in the hardcore battle at The Bash. Nice stuff with bringing someone down with Kanyon too, whoever Alexis is :P *Wanted it to be Alexis Laree so she could feud with Daffney* :wub:

Flair/Roger was a little weird, but realistic so points for you there. I really don't want to be reading a diary where every match is super and unrealistic. I like some realisim, and there's a lot in the Flair/Rogers match because it's something that I can see happening. Weird ending and stuff but Flair got the win which was a good thing. I want to see a Daffney appearance soon, and you didn't fire Crowbar right? If so get him involved with David too.

Great to see Kidman get the win over Stasiak, and the stuff with Torrie is interesting. Here's hoping it turns out where either Kidman turns heel by hitting her and then a face sticking up for her and feuding with Kidman, or her turning on Kidman and joining with a heel who then feuds with Kidman.

The main event was gold like I said it would be. I honestly don't feel Jarrett needed to go through to the next round, but it's all good as I cant see him winning the tourniment anyway. He's still in the main event level so it's all good. I can so see a Hennig/Jarrett feud working wonders if it turns out to be like that.

Overall another really good show, and I'm really hyped for the Hunter/Booker match on the next Nitro, then for The Bash which will feature Nash/Booker for the title.

Guest y2gudge

The past two Nitro's have been quite good. It's good to see that you are trying to keep a wCw-esque feel to the shows but also bringing in new faces that are needed to boost the roster. The nWo business has so far been good, Triple H is a better choice in Hogan's position than most probably anyone so hopefully the angle doesn't lose steam quickly.

One thing stop jobbing Rogers out, it makes me a sad panda! :crying:

*y2gudge*

-- Chapter Eighteen --

Wednesday 27th June 2001

He HAS signed, and he WILL be there...

Bischoff was on the phone with him for hours, tying up the final details of his siging. The guy was a current employee of the WWF, but had agreed to take a pay-rise to join WCW.

???: So, I'm going to debut Sunday the 15th right? At the Bash?

Bischoff: That's right. In El Paso, Texas at the 'Bash at the Beach'.

???: You know Eric, I didn't want to do this at first, but, you actually convinced me. I don't know how you managed it, but somehow, you've convinced me. The idea is good, and I reckon fans'll buy into it straight away. Well, I'm going to go now.

Bischoff: Alright ______, see you in El Paso man.

???: Can't wait. Goodbye.

'Another coup by ME' thought Bischoff to himself, as got back to work on his special creation.

user posted image

Sunday 1st July 2001

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum          Results          Upcoming PPV card

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

Tuesday 26th June

There has been talk backstage about WCW planning to scrap the Cruiserweight Tag Team division. They realise, while an integral part of the programing, the Cruiserweight Tag Team division consists of five teams; not enough to make a successful tag division of anything. They don't want most teams to be a hastily thrown together combination of two random cruiserweights. There are not many regular tag teams either, so the idea is to bolster the main Tag Team title division. The plan at the moment is to unify the two Tag Team titles, possibly as early as the 'Bash at the Beach' next month.

Wednesday 27th June

user posted image

user posted image

Both Ric Flair and Sting are being kept of WCW programming for the near future to allow them to heal injuries. Both are carrying both niggling knee and back injuries, and are not expected back on Nitro or PPV until October or so. The beatdown by the nWo is being used as the explaination.

Friday 27th June

This was posted on WCW.com today. This is a shortened version of the rules for the Hardcore title battle-royal:

user posted image

HARDCORE TITLE BATTLE-ROYAL RULES ANNOUNCED

user posted image

The rules are now official! There will be 20-participants involved, and every person is permitted to bring down one weapon with him. All 20 superstars will be in the ring together, so expect fast, hard-hitting action in this over-the-top rope environment.

Sunday 1st July

MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

user posted image

Coming to you LIVE from the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisian, Monday Nitro presents the first official match of nWo member Triple H in a WCW ring. Triple H will go one-on-one with World Heavyweight champion Booker T in a non-title, Falls Count Anywhere match. The match stipulations, unsurprisingly, were the idea of the nWo, and were granted by the powers-that-be. Will the nWo get involved? A better question would be; WHEN will the nWo get involved?

The final two matches from the opening section of the United States title tournament will take place on Nitro, with Nick Dinsmore going up against the legendary Road Warrior Animal, as well as Shawn Stasiak facing Norman Smiley. It has been revealed, that the two semi-final matches will take place at the 'Bash at the Beach', with the final happening in the main event of Nitro the next night.

Confirmed Matchs:

* US title tournament: Nick Dinsmore vs. Road Warrior Animal

* US title tournament: Shawn Stasiak vs. Norman Smiley

* Jung Dragons vs. Three Count

* Falls Count Anywhere: Triple H vs. Booker T

user posted image

Monday 2nd July 2001

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum          Results          Upcoming PPV card

user posted image

We are LIVE at the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana

Our hosts are Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay and Jerry “the King” Lawler

Jung Dragons vs. Three Count

We’re getting straight into it, as the Dragons are making their way out for the opening bout. Cruisers! Yay! Um…maybe not. The nWo get bored of waiting backstage, so they come out after the Dragons get half way down the ramp, and kick the crap out of them! Oh well, no match here, nothing to see.

Match Off

The nWo take Yang and Kaz into the ring, and pummel away at them. Nash is giving out elbows to Kaz in the corner, while Triple H is doing his ‘grab head, bring close to groin’ style punching to Yanf. Scott Hall is just standing there, doing his VERY realistic bumbling drunk man routine. Trips then throws Yang to Nash, who hits the Jacknife Powerbomb, leaving him folded up like an accordion! Kaz pops up from the corner and jumps on Nash’s back…so he throws him off like the DRAGONfly that he is. Clever pun no? Hall picks him up, and takes him down with the Outsiders Edge. Leia Meow, who’s been standing outside the ring through this beating (and looking mighty hot while doing so) comes in to check on her men, not realising that THE NWO are in the ring! Nash comes towards her, and she backs off…and falls over Scott Hall who has just done the oldest schoolboy trick in the book! I marked out for seeing that in a wrestling show! The group burst out laughing, as Leia rolls out crying. Aw. Nash and Trips kick the remnants of the Dragons out of the ring, as it appears Nash has something to say!

Nash: Sorry about that, little guys, we thought you were Booker T! Ok, so there’s two of you…we thought it was Harlem Heat! Yeah, that’s it! Yeah, sorry guys, do you forgive us for taking away your airtime…and your oxygen? Ha ha, yeah get them out of here man! This is the top of the show; this is New World Order time! So, we’re out here, because we would like to talk about…you guessed it, Booker T. Booker, you and me have a match in 13 days at the Bash at the Beach. I just want to know this; are you ready for it? I mean, wherever there is one member of the nWo, the rest and far away. What I’m saying Booker, is I have back up. I have the nWo with me, and I guarantee this; I’m bringing them to El Paso. So I just want to know Booker; what are you going to do about it? You haven’t got any back up. We’ve already taken out Flair and Sting. They won’t be back in WCW for months. Who you bringing Booker, because without a friend on your side Book, that title is coming home with ME!

Nash hands the mic to Trips, who is looking a snarly as ever.

Triple H: Booker? Tonight, you get in the ring with ME! You get in the ring with me in a no disqualifications, falls count ANYWHERE match! 13 days before Nash, you’ve to get through me. Can you do that man? I mean; you’ve never been in the ring with someone like me before have you? Have you done your homework ‘champ’? Have you watched tapes of me in action? Watched tapes of me methodically picking people apart in the ring? Well, you should, because you will need all the help that you can get. The only way you can beat me is to find my weaknesses, and exploit them. But wait…I don’t have any weaknesses! That’s right Booker; you can’t beat me, because I am the BEST technical wrestler in the company, and in the entire world of wrestling! Ain’t that right Kev?

Nash: Oh, 100% Trips!

Triple H: Scott?

Hall: Hey chico, you don’t even need to discuss it man; you’re better than ‘em all!

Triple H: So Booker, once I’m finished with you tonight, at the Bash at the Beach, all Kevin will have to do is pin you…1…2…3.

Nash: But of course, that won’t happen, because no matter how much Trips has kicked your ass, I’m gonna kick it a LITTLE bit more! Ha ha! See you later Booker.

The nWo depart after the nWo handshake in the middle of the ring. I guess Trips is keeping the ‘Cerebral Assassin’ type gimmick. Of course, WCW can’t actually SAY that, but it’s basically what it is. Break time, up next, Road Warrior Animal vs. Nick Dinsmore!

Commercial Break

WCW United States title tournament: Nick Dinsmore vs. Road Warrior Animal

Dinsmore has to go over here. Animal will be over no matter what. There’s also the little known fact that he is near IMMOBLE due to being shit in the ring now a days. Shame Hawk went to the WWF; WCW could use another Tag Team. Oh well, now he’s just going to be (along with Luger I hope) WCW’s resident jobber to the stars. Animal is out first, and gets a good reaction, but plays the heel by ripping up a sign for the ‘Road Warriors’ as well as arguing with that fan. Good stuff. Dinsmore, of course, gets very little reaction except for the smarks in the audience that know how damn good he is in that ring. Animal starts off by attacking Dinsmore as he gets in the ring with some thumping forearms. He picks him up, throws him into the corner and gets some chops and slaps in, before whipping him across the ring, and going shoulder first into the STEEL ringpost. He turns right into a dropkick, and Dinsmore takes over dominance here with some submission holds. Doesn’t last very long, as Animal fights out of a cobra clutch with a snapmare, and starts some more slow, boring offence. See, the Jarrett/Hennig match had slow, METHODICAL offence; this is just slow and boring from Animal. Anyway, Animal tries a clothesline to Dinsmore, who ducks, hits a German suplex, rolls over into a pinning combination and gets the BIG upset victory. Well, it’s billed as the upset, although nearly everyone knew Dinsmore was going to win. Animal is pissed off at the result, gets up and whacks Dinsmore in the back of the head with a stiff looking forearm. He then finishes him dead with a falling powerslam. Hmm, oh well, Dinsmore went through, so I don’t care.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Nick Dinsmore (3:46)

The right guy went over, and if he had jobbed here, I would’ve cried. Had the feeling of a ‘filler’ match though.

DUD – Boring match because Animal was involved.

Well, as the final first round match is up next, we see Shawn Stasiak and Stacy Keibler making their way towards the entrance ramp in the back, when Stasiak stops and speaks to Stacy.

Stasiak: Can you believe that if I win this tournament, it will be my FIRST every singles title win? That’s just wrong! I mean, somebody with my charisma, my wrestling ability, and of course; my AMAZING looks has never won a singles title? It’s wrong! Well, I am going to make sure that wrong is set to right…and you’re going to help Stacy. Listen; what you’re going to do is…

Damn it! We’re cut of in mid-chat, as Norman Smiley makes his way out.

WCW United States title tournament: Shawn Stasiak w/ Stacy Keibler vs. Norman Smiley

Keibler doesn’t come out with Stasiak for this match, which is strange (and upsets me) so I actually have to pay attention to this god damned match now! Boo! Well, we get Norman doing his little dance…thing, and Stasiak doesn’t take to kindly to it, so he spits in his face and then DDT’s him! Near fall, but unluckily for me, Smiley kicks out. Stasiak is dominant throughout the bout, with Smiley taking all the punishment from TAFKA Meat. Smiley gets a quick flurry of punches, but nothing to but this in doubt, as Stasiak then blocks one of his punches and hits a single arm DDT. He plays to the crowd, posing and showing of his physique, but when he turns around, Smiley is ALIVE!! Smiley unloads with some rights and lefts, hitting a delayed vertical suplex before locking in the Norman Conquest! Just then, Stasiak’s music kicks in and…oh my…Stacy’s wearing a…a…she wearing her UNDERWEAR!!! Yay! Norman notices as well, and turns his attention to the blonde BEAUTY walking down the aisle, and then gets rolled up from behind by Stasiak for the 1…2…3! Ha ha, nice work! Stasiak rolls out the ring and quickly goes over to Stacy and the two rush to the back. So, THAT was their evil scheme!

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Shawn Stasiak (3:19)

Wasn’t THAT bad, but wasn’t very good either. The ending was great though, because Stacy was in her underwear. Anyway, Stasiak is through, and Smiley seems directionless. Oh well.

½ * - Was boring, and thankfully short.

We go to the back, where the CHAMP, Booker T is with ‘Mene’ Gene.

Gene: Booker T; we heard the words of both Kevin Nash and Triple H early this evening, and neither seem to believe you have a chance against them! What are your thoughts on that?

Booker: You know Mene Gene; I don’t care what the nWo think! I don’t care, if Triple H thinks he’s the best technical wrestler in the world, and I sure as hell, don’t care if Kevin Nash thinks he’s better than me. You know Gene; I’ve overcome obstacles my whole life! I was told I would be nothing more than a tag team wrestler, but look at me now Gene! Look at me! I have am the World Heavyweight champion of the GREATEST wrestling organization on the planet, and a few months back, I was also the US champion! I held two titles at once, yet Nash still seems to think he’s going to have a walk in the park! Why is that Gene?

Gene: Well, if you ask me, I would have to say that the nWo have an ego problem!

Booker: Exactly man! Exactly! Nash, H and Hall all have these huge egos that tell them they are the greatest. Well, we’ll soon see how great they are after Booker T, kicks they’re ASS! Now can you dig that sucka?

Booker walks off leaving ‘Mene’ Gene nodding his head in approval of the Book Man. Booker’s got himself a new fan! Cool. Oh well, time for a break, and up next is the Filthy Animals vs. Air Raid with the CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM titles on the line. Wow, so they still exist do they?

Commercial Break

WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team titles: Air Raid vs. Filthy Animals ©

Well, another match involving the cruisers isn’t a problem with me; except for the fact Air Raid have a title shot. WHY do they just *get* a title shot then? Don’t most guys/team usually have to, I dunno, win a MATCH to get a shot? Maybe this is their reward for jobbing to Goldberg. Styles’ case, twice! Well the Animals are out and…WOW!!! Mysterio is back in his mask! Yay! Without it, he looks like a 12 year-old boy, so I’m very grateful it’s back on. We’ve got a typical fast paced match here, and I’m not even going to TRY and follow this fully! I’ll point out some high points and cool spots, but jeez man; this thing is difficult to follow WITHOUT having to review the thing! Well, this seems to be an ‘everyone in the ring at once’ sort of match, so it makes it DOUBLY-difficult. We get told that this match was put on in place of the scheduled Jung Dragons/Three Count match. Oh gee, thanks. Some cool spots happened within a minute; Mysterio hit a springboard headscissors to Air “Buy Me A New Name” Paris, while Kidman hit a springboard bulldog. Typical awesome Mysterio/Kidman match here, with the champs hitting all their spots. One cool thing; Kidman tried for the Shooting Star Press on Styles, but Paris dragged his partner from the ring, making Kidman land flat on his face on the mat! Ha ha! Mysterio then hit a dropkick from the announce table to the back of Paris, sending him crashing into the turnbuckle while Mysterio cracks his back on the floor! Idiot. Mysterio then takes AJ Styles inside with him, gets an Irish-whip to which he hits a drop toehold, draping Styles across the second rope! Air Paris is standing up on the outside, so, because he can, Billy Kidman dives over the top rope and takes out Air Paris with a clothesline, while knocking himself silly on the announce table! Ha ha. Mysterio runs, grabs the top and second rope and swings round, kicking Styles in the face! Awesome. As soon as Styles stands, Mysterio hits a springboard hurricanrana getting the 1…2…3 count, and the successful title defence! Rey Jr. stands up to celebrate, but gets jumped from behind by Mike Awesome and Lance Storm! What the hell? The Tag Team champs beat up Rey Rey with Awesome getting the Awesome Bomb to kill him DEAD! They don’t go to Kidman, because I think he might be legitimately knocked out. Well, the Tag Team champions stand there shouting, “We’re the true Tag Team champions, not you!” and things to that effect at the beaten down Mysterio

Rundown

Winners and STILL Cruiserweight Tag Team champions: the Filthy Animals (6:12)

Well, it was a cruiserweight match. It was a TAG TEAM cruiserweight match, and it was great fun. Although I was so damn lost while watching it, it was great entertainment without a doubt. The Awesome/Storm attack seems to solidify the rumours of a title unification match down the road. But where’s O’Haire and Palumbo?

** - Was good fun, because the cruisers always are.

Time for another commercial, and before we go, we see Kidman getting checked on by some EMT’s.

Commercial Break

We come back to see the Wall and ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms chatting in the back.

Helms: Hey, thanks for tagging with me last week, I needed a hand then.

Wall: No problem at all.

Helms: If you ever need a partner to tag with; don’t hesitate!

Then all of a sudden, Knoble and Malice turn up on the scene!

Knoble: Well, well, isn’t this a touching meeting! Are you two lovers or something? I mean, goddamn man, you didn’t win the match, why would you be happy about it?

Helms: You guys didn’t win the match either did you?

Knoble: Why, damn you’re right! But you know what Shaney; I’ve gone and sorted that all out! You see, there will be a rematch between us! Me and my boy Malice against you and you’re ‘buddy’ there, Mr. Brick Wall…

Helms: When’s that? Right now? Because I’m ready!

Knoble: Don’t you interrupt me ageen Shane! If you dooo, I’ll make Malice bite you, you hear? Anyway, as well as a tag match, I’ve got a chance to win the dubbya SEEE dubbya Cruiserweight title BOY! Do you know the best part of this? They are going to happen on the same night; Sunday 15th of Joooly at the Bash at the Beach!

Helms: Two matches? I can deal with that.

Knoble: You’re testing me boy! He WILL bite you! Two matches? Who said anything about two matches? No! There will be one match; the match will be Jamieeee Knoble and Malice against ‘Suagaah’ Shane Helms and the Wall…for the Cruiserweight title! That’s right boy! If either Malice or myself get the pin, the title comes home with ME! Yeah, me boy! Me! Me! Not you, you’d lose!

Helms: …you finished Jamie?

Knoble: Why, yes I am now!

Helms: Good, because I don’t care. I am better than you, and the Wall is stronger then your guard dog! Bring it at the Bash, because we’ll both be there waiting for you!

Helms and the Wall walk off, leaving Jamie Knoble seething. He is seething because Helms wasn’t upset at the announcement. I think. Not a bad stipulation actually sounds interesting. Makes it a match where the winner isn’t clear at all.

We go somewhere else in the back…ooo, women’s changing room apparently. Torrie Wilson has just left, and we have Kimberly there in nothing but a towel. This show has a lot of female flesh…not that I’m complaining or anything! Anyway, Kimberly goes to pick up her bag, when an EERILY familiar voice is heard…

Hall: Hey, hey hey momma! That’s one nice body you have there! I mean, you got everything in the right place and right proportions…just the way I like it baby!

Kimberly: What the…? What the hell are you doing in here!?! This is the WOMEN’S changing room Scott!

Hall: I know that…but unless you had a sex change without telling anyone, I thought you might be here!

Kimberly: Get out of here! DDP is right outside; he’s waiting for me! He’ll come in and kick your ass! Get out now (Kimberly pulls her towel up to hide her slowy–exposing cleavage)!

Hall: Hey babe, you don’t have to cover it up! I’ve seen them before! I bought that issue of PlayBoy. Gimme a sneak peak!

Kimberly: No! HELP!!!

Jeez, she’s acting like he’s trying to rape her! Well, Kim wasn’t lying when she said DDP was outside, as he comes bursting in. Scott Hall immediately hides behind Kimberly. Hall and DDP move side to side, as Page tries to grab Hall.

DDP: Hall! I’m going to kill you! What the hell are you doing in here?

Hall continues dodging, and then he grabs a hold of and TAKES OFF Kimberly’s towel! The cameraman only shows the shoulders upwards. Bastard. Hall stops and stares for a bit, and DDP stops to cover his wife up as Hall then runs off with her towel! Ha ha, funny stuff. Die cameraman, die…

Falls Count Anywhere: Triple H w/ Scott Hall and Kevin Nash vs. Booker T

Booker T is out first, and has his World title belt around his waist. Triple H comes out next along with Hall and Nash. Ha ha, Scott Hall has the towel he took of Kimberly and is walking down the aisle smelling it! Ha ha. Nash does the ‘title-around-waist’ thing, as H continues his walk. He’s got similar tights to his WWF ones, only it says ‘nWo’ on the back and sides with ‘HHH’ on the front. As soon as H gets near the ring, Booker gets a baseball slide on him. It’s made painfully obvious that this match is just there to break out into a fight, as Booker fights of both Nash and Hall until the three-on-one numbers overwhelm him. They toss Booker into the ring, and with Triple H giving orders; the Outsiders grab the arms and allow him to kick away at Booker. He goes under the ring and produces…a sledgehammer! Nash and Hall took turns in beating the crap out of Booker during this. Trips geared up to hit Booker, but stopped, and told Nash to finish him. Nash then delivered a crushing Jacknife Powerbomb, before the Outsiders picked Booker up again and held him there. Triple H grabbed the sledgehammer and drove it into the chest of Booker before delivering the Pedigree! He covers him, and Nash counts the 1…2…3. I don’t think that counts, but still, he was dead. They pick him up again to administer some MORE punishment when DDP’s music hits! They all turn to the entrance ramp and wait for him, but Page runs in through the crowd with a steel chair and clocks Scott Hall! Nash and H duck out of the ring and drag Scott Hall out with them. DDP stands in the ring with the chair in hand, as Trips tries to run inside, only to get swung at. The nWo are pissed, but they slowly head backwards up the ramp. DDP checks on Booker T, as Nitro goes off the air.

Rundown

Officially no match, but…

Winner via Nash counting the pin: Triple H (4:26)

Well, it sets up the Hall/DDP feud and the Nash/Booker T one nicely. What about Trips? Oh well. Anyway, doesn’t get a rating or anything, because it wasn’t a match.

Show Rundown

Of the four shows so far, this is the worst one. Not to say it was bad, it just lacked something. Wrestling wise, it was crap (minus the cruisers), but we did get some Kimberly and Stacy Keibler flesh, so I don’t really care! Anyway, looks like we’ve got a pretty good looking card for the Bash at the Beach:

World Heavyweight title:

Kevin Nash vs. Booker T

WCW Hardcore battle-royal:

20-participants in an over-the-top rope match

WCW Cruiserweight title:

Jamie Knoble and Malice vs. ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms and the Wall

WCW United States title:

Both Semi-Final matches

*Rumoured*

WCW Tag Team title and WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team title unification match:

Lance Storm and Mike Awesome vs. the Filthy Animals

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Scott Hall

A good card, if that is the final one. The four matches already announced good be good. Granted, Nash isn’t very mobile, but it could still be interesting.

Great show, The Hall/DDP/Kim segment was pretty good. BATB is looking like a very solid card. Surprised HHH won't be wrestling but there isn't really anyone too big to face him. Maybe Goldberg or Luger? Keep up the great work

Another good show.

The Hall/Kimberly/Page stuff was pure gold. Got to love all of it and it can certainly get things started for a feud between the two, a feud that can be brilliant as well. If Hall/Page do face off at The Bash then it's the right time to have Kimberly turn and side with Hall, if that's what you want off course. It can certainly work so damn well though. If not I think Hall has to come out on top whatever so the feud can keep on going.

There wasn't much else going on, wrestling wise. The opening segement was pretty damn good with the nWo doing a beatdown. Dinsmore I still cant get used to so hopefully he doesn't get any super push or something. The Tag Title stuff is looking really good though and I reckon Storm/Awesome should and will some out on top of things. Shame to hear Sting/Flair are both out for a while, but if the nWo slowly start to overtake WCW then it's a good thing. It could maybe end with Sting returning for the save or something. Glad to see you got Malice/Knoble vs. Helms/Wall booked for The Bash just like I said to do :P

Also here's praying it wasn't Austin who was the mystery caller. No way would WWF be letting go of him at a time like this. Heck they wouldn't be letting go of anyone huge around this time. I've got an idea who it is though but I'm not going to spoil the party incase I'm right :thumbsup:

Anyway good work again and hopefully you get the last Nitro up and then start working on what seems like a great Bash At The Beach.

Good show, the first nWo segment was great and the DDP/Hall segment was pure gold. You've done a very good job of building up nWo the way it should be, so congratulations ^_^

Question - Are you going to have a predictions contest or something to that affect for PPVs?

YeaH, I will be, but I still have one more Nitro to go before the show, and I expect Nitro to be up probably about the same time 2moro. I hope. Wednesday at the latest.

Great show, The Hall/DDP/Kim segment was pretty good. BATB is looking like a very solid card. Surprised HHH won't be wrestling but there isn't really anyone too big to face him. Maybe Goldberg or Luger? Keep up the great work

No Trips match just yet. I want to hold of his first *proper* match until after the PPV.

The Hall/Kimberly/Page stuff was pure gold. Got to love all of it and it can certainly get things started for a feud between the two, a feud that can be brilliant as well. If Hall/Page do face off at The Bash then it's the right time to have Kimberly turn and side with Hall, if that's what you want off course. It can certainly work so damn well though. If not I think Hall has to come out on top whatever so the feud can keep on going.

I won't be doing a DDP/Hall match at the Bash, but this is a feud I'm having fun with, so expect to see them clash again at some point down the road.

user posted image

Sunday 8th July 2001

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

Thursday 5th July

user posted image

Scott Steiner has returned from his arm injury that he sustained back in May, and has been told that he is ready to return to action. There is a posibilty Steiner will return on Nitro, with a chance he might join the nWo sometime down the line.

Saturday 7th July

user posted image

So far, WCW.com has revealed 16 participants in the Hardcore title battle-royal for 'Bash at the Beach':

Reno

The F.B.I.

Mark Jindrak

"The Boss" Bubba Rogers

Dustin Rhodes

Bill DeMott

Norman Smiley

Rick Steiner OR David Flair

Yang

Kaz Hayashi

Evan Karagias

Shannon Moore

Nick Dinsmore OR Shawn Stasiak

As we know, BG James (Road Dogg), Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk will likely be taking part in the battle-royal (although not 'officially' announced by WCW, it is VERY likely) that leaves only one spot left. It isn't known who the final participant will be.

Sunday 8th July

MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

user posted image

Coming to you LIVE from the ALLTEL Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas, WCW takes its last stop before arriving in El Paso, Texas for the 'Bash at the Beach', Monday Nitro will see the four Quarter-Final matches in the United States title tournament take place.

The nWo will be in attendance, as will Diamond Dallas Page, and the World's Heavyweight champion Booker T. Last week saw Scott Hall tear the towel from Kimberly Page's body, leaving DDP seaking revenge. Will he get that revenge on Nitro? We'll have to see.

Confirmed Matches:

* US title tournament: Rick Steiner vs. David Flair

* US title tournament: Scott Hall vs. Ken Shamrock

* US title tournament: Chris Kanyon vs. Jeff Jarrett

* US title tournament: Nick Dinsmore vs. Shawn Stasiak

Uh oh I got a feeling DDP will fuck up Hall's Us tournament match. I don't see Steiner joining the nWo. I mean he's been there done that. Plus during this time period Steiner was getting heat from the crowd without being in the nWo. Plus Nash said it was going to be a new nWo or whatever. Why add a guy who was in it before and who had problems with Nash? Wasn't Steiner that cost Nash his match with Goldy for Hall's contract? Anyways if Hall doesn't win the US belt then I'm going for Kanyon to be US Champ. Who betta then Kanyon?

Edited by Baby Hewey

Confirmed Matches:

* US title tournament: Rick Steiner vs. David Flair

* US title tournament: Scott Hall vs. Ken Shamrock

* US title tournament: Chris Kanyon vs. Jeff Jarrett

* US title tournament: Nick Dinsmore vs. Shawn Stasiak

Those that i bolded methinks will win, and they better....or else...:shifty:

Any ways nitro looks like it'll be good, can't wait. And the hardcore battle royale sounds interesting, hoping for that D O double G ya'll brings the title home. :)