What If?...

TMM

Uh oh looks like Bischoff is even more screwed now since HHH knows about Nash's title reign. Since HHH knows that means Hall knows as well which makes Bischoff pretty screwed if he fucks one of them over. Good explanation for HHH leaving the WWF since he was pretty fucked if he stayed. Keep up the awesome work man

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest y2gudge

Triple H in WCW should be awesome and hopefully you can have a few good matches between him and Sting, Flair & Booker. The last chapter shows that the noose around Bischoff's neck is getting tighter and tighter, lets just hope for his luck that no more Clique members join WCW.

*y2gudge*

It's kind of unrealistic to say that the WWF would've not renewed the name "Triple H" because they thought he might go somewhere else. They most likely would have renewed it BECAUSE he was going somewhere else so he couldn't use it. Anyways, it's good that you filled in some holes about all of that though.

This diary so far looks good, i was kinda hoping the WWF wrestler that jumped ship was william regal but ah well. Though i can already seeing eric being stuck between a rock and a hard place. More so with more kliq members in WCW, also if i was sting or flair or eric i'd make sure any daughter i had was either under age or married already with paul around. :P

By the by for some reason which i can not explain that picture of ric flair in your banner for this made me laugh the first time i saw it. He just looks so damn goofy and classic nature boy in it, even now it can get a smile outta me.

Oh....and push O'Haire straight to space mountain :shifty:

user posted image

Sunday 17thd June 2001

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum          Results          Upcoming PPV card

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

Tuesday 12th June

Triple H jumps ship to WCW...and we explain why!

user posted image

Those of you who saw Monday Nitro last night will be aware that former World Wrestling Federation superstar Triple H appeared in the main event and joined forces with his real-life buddies Kevin Nash and Scott Hall to destroy Ric Flair and Sting.

The explaination for him joining WCW is because of his relationship with Stephanie McMahon, daughter of WWF owner Vince McMahon. As previously reported,  they two were going through a "rocky patch", but nobody aside from family and friends knew what this meant. Apparently, Triple H was caught by Stephanie with another woman, a WWF employee no less, and Stephanie couldn't believe it. The relationship ended, and from then on in, Vince wanted him out. He made him lose the Intercontinental title CLEANLY to Chyna in under 4 minutes back in April, and he has not appeared or been mentioned on TV since.

The woman Triple H was with, a member of the production team by the name of Sarah Forester, was payed to keep quiet about, but has today left the company and spoke to a reporter from the PWTorch website about it, explaining everything. She says that Triple H realised what would happen if he stayed, and took up Eric Bischoff's offer to join WCW straight away after walking out of the WWF.

Stephanie has been distraught ever since, and she has not been seen on TV either since she walked in on them. Many of the current WWF employee's are upset he's left, due to his "star power", but agree it was for the best.

Wednesday 13th June

user posted image

WCW has been holding talks over the past week with former WWF Hardcore, Intercontinental and Tag Team champion, Brian James, A.K.A. the Road Dogg. James was released by the WWF back in January, and has been in search of a full-time position with a 'major' company since. He has appeared at several XPW shows over the past two months, but has not looked in ring shape since late November. He was released by the WWF because of drug abuse. While agreeing the release was the best thing for him, he apparently holds a grudge against Jim Ross, and has stated 'he wouldn't want to work there at this moment in time'. James has undergone rehabilitiation, and is said to be free of the drugs and wants to get his life back together. Negotiations are progessing steadily at the moment.

Saturday 16th June

user posted image

David Batista has been told to be at Nitro this Monday night at the Civic Centre in Mobile, Alabama. Details haven't been revealed as to why he's been told to be there, as it could be just to tape a dark match. Batista was known as "the Demon of the Deep" Leviathan when he worked in WWF's OVW as a member of the Disciples of Synn.

user posted image

Some news on WCW's 'Power Plant' facility:

user posted image

Rick Cornell, A.K.A. Reno was re-signed by WCW on Wednesday on a two-year contract. The former amateur wrestler and kickboxer did not sign on with WCW back in March when the company was undergoing a take over, and has been performing on the independant circuit since. However, after some time working away from the 'big leagues', he contacted WCW in search of a job. WCW agreed to bring him back, but the former member of the 'Natural Born Thrillers' will report to the Power Plant for the forseeable future.

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Hmm Road Dogg would be a nice addition to the roster especially if you're getting a Hardcore division going. Too bad you won't be able to use the "Road Dogg" name since the WWF owns it. But he could get over with his mic skills. Also why'd you post the HHH story twice lol?

Hmm Road Dogg would be a nice addition to the roster especially if you're getting a Hardcore division going. Too bad you won't be able to use the "Road Dogg" name since the WWF owns it. But he could get over with his mic skills. Also why'd you post the HHH story twice lol?

Yeah, wasn't sure if I should or not. Bit pointless, but I put it in because it was a story from the week. Yeah...that is the only reason why. I won't do any "double-story-postings".

Road Dogg...hmm, could always do what WWA did and call him the Road Dog! :P

user posted image

Monday 18th June 2001

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum          Results          Upcoming PPV card

Taken from WCW.com:

MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

user posted image

Coming to you LIVE from the Mobile Civic Center Arena in Mobile, Alabama, WCW the second ever Monday Nitro on NBC is set to be an UNMISSABLE show! Coming off the shocking events of last weeks show, there are some questions that will need to be answered!

During the Ric Flair and Sting vs. Kevin Nash and Scott Hall match, Triple H made his debut and quickly aligned himself with long-time friends, Hall and Nash. Flair and Sting were the victims of a vile beatdown from the trio, leaving them both in a bloody mess as the show went off the air. Neither Flair nor Sting will be able to attend the show tonight, leaving the trio in control it seems. We've been told that they will kick off the show, as they have a few things to say. Kevin Nash has also informed us that  he will take on an opponent to be announced in the main event. Question is; what are their TRUE intentions?

Last week say David Flair defeat "The Boss" Bubba Rogers, and Rick Steiner beat Bill DeMott to advance in the United States title tournament. Flair was destroyed after the match, and is currently in a hospital, hoping to return soon at 100% to face Rick Steiner. Tonight, two more tournament matches will take place, in Scott Hall vs. Diamond Dallas Page and the debut of Ken Shamrock, who takes on "Total Package" Lex Luger.

Don't miss Monday Nitro, live on NBC, 8 p.m. ET.

Confirmed Matches:

* US title tournament: "Outsider" Scott Hall vs. Diamond Dallas Page

* US title tournament: Ken Shamrock vs. "Total Package" Lex Luger

* Kevin Nash vs. an unamed opponent

Nitro looks good, Hopefully you won't make the Clique group too nwoish like with too many run ins and stuff. It'll get real stale after awhile. Get them over by letting them talk is my best advice. Looking forward to those US tournament matches and Nash's match as well :D

user posted image

Monday 18th June 2001

user posted image

We are LIVE at the Mobile Civic Center Arena in Mobile, Alabama

Our hosts are Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay and Jerry “the King” Lawler

Before the opening video, we get a recap of the AWESOME ending to last weeks Nitro, where, to the shock of pretty much EVERYONE, Triple H debuts (under that name), joins forces with his buddies Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, and goes on to destroy Ric Flair and Sting in the process. Without a word of a lie, that was one of the best angles I recall ever seeing for years. The announcers played it off brilliantly, as did the wrestlers, and the fans reaction was breathtaking. Big props to all involved, especially whoever came up with the angle. Now all they have to do is keep the angle from taking over the show, and keep it from going over the top.

After the opening video is finished, we get THE NWO MUSIC!!! Wahoo! The nWo! The true nWo music of old, with seizure inducing effects may I add. Nash and Hall are in jeans and an nWo shirt, and Triple H is wearing his old WWF attire with the jeans, big old leather jacket, but with an nWo shirt underneath. Neat. The make their way to the ring, and HHH grabs a mic. I’m guessing he’s the leader? I’unno. They all stand there, listening to the jeers and cheers of the crowd. Now it’s mostly jeers, and I think that’s because they attacked the perennial fan-favourite Sting. This is what they had to say:

Triple H: None of you saw it coming! None of you know how to react! You all thought that you knew what was coming, but you didn’t! Nobody on this EARTH knew that Triple H would be on Nitro to join forces with his buddies to reform…sorry, to FORM for the first time, the REAL New World Order! What you see before you, are three men who know what they want. Three men who have come together as a unit to form the biggest threat that the wrestling world has ever known! WE are the nWo; any thing else is a cheap impression.

Nash: You know Trips, you’re right. We are THE nWo. In 1996, me, Hall and Hogan gave birth to one New World Order, but that one was a lie. That wasn’t the true nWo, because the TRUE nWo were the guys who caused havoc wherever they went. They did that as a collective group. Myself, Scott Hall and Triple H are the real nWo, because we are out for dominance over this company, as a WHOLE. Before with Hogan, he wanted it all for himself, and he tried to use us to get to the top and dominate. Not us. We are brothers man. We wanted dominance for ourselves, just as Hogan did. But now, we want it all, but we are willing to share between us. That’s what brothers do, isn’t it? Brothers share, and we will be doing that. No more bull…the real nWo is here to make a statement. Don’t try and stop us, because if you do, you’ll end up just like Flair and Sting did; in a hospital. It starts tonight, with Scott Hall beating DDP to go on and win the US title.

Hall: Page…ha ha. You know man, I don’t like you. I mean, you tried to team with my buddy Kevin here, and you even tried to rip-off our name! Kevin and me; man, we’re the Outsiders. Whatever you might’ve thought Page, Kevin used you. I mean, what, did you think he was your friend or something? No man, no. It doesn’t work that way, because you see, in the past, you tried to take down the nWo didn’t you man? Well, things like that aren’t forgotten. So tonight…very soon in fact, you get a beaten down, nWo style courtesy of Scott Hall as I beat your ass, and go on to face whoever wins the next match.

Nash: First things first though. To be a successful faction in this organization, you need yourself one thing; and that is the World Heavyweight title. You know, in the nWo of old, this would never have happened, but last week, the three of us drew straws. The man with the shortest straw would be the one to TAKE the World Heavyweight title from Booker T, and you know what? That man was me! That’s right Booker; your title is coming to “Big Sexy” very soon. But Booker, I know you’re a clever man. Tonight, I have a match, and right after that match is finished, I want you to come to the ring. Now, if you know what is good for you, you will HAND ME that belt. It’s either that, or get the crap beaten out of you week in, and week out until I get my match. It’s your choice Booker; get beat up, or give me the belt. See you then…

Triple H and Kevin Nash depart, as Hall has a match, and we go to a commercial. Gotta say, they made their intentions clear straight away, and it looks like the bookers are handling this one very well so far. It’s early days though, so it could just collapse pretty soon. Up next; Hall vs. DDP.

Commercial Break

WCW United States title tournament: Scott Hall vs. Diamond Dallas Page

We come back from the break, and the nWo music is STILL playing from Nash and Trips departure before the break. Gee, the fans must be sick of that music by now. We get the opening riffs of DDP’s Nirvana rip-off, and he comes out all worked up for this match. He does the ‘bang’ at the top of the ramp before slapping pretty much EVERY fan’s hand at ringside. Tenay pointed out that DDP faced Booker T for the World title last month, but was unsuccessful in his attempts to become champion. Page spins, and runs inside the ring to catch Hall of guard with rights and lefts before the referee pulls DDP off of Hall. Hall said ‘ouch’ several times during that, it made me laugh. Now he pretends he’s scared of DDP by saying, ‘oooo, scary’. Ha. Hall ‘bops’ over to DDP before getting kicked in the ribs and then punched in the face many a time. That ain’t very nice. DDP dominates the match for a couple of minutes, with Hall doing his best impression of bumbling drunken man…wait. Yeah, then Hall blocks a punch and gets a low-blow in behind the refs back before hitting an STO. Both take a while to get to their feet, and Hall takes control again. Hall definitely looks a little ring rusty. We get some fallaway slams, DDT’s, vertical suplexes from Hall in this stage of dominance, and DDP sells ‘em all like a champ. Hall signifies the end, and goes for the Outsiders Edge, but DDP struggles and falls out the back. He tries for the Diamond Cutter, but Hall blocks and gets a backslide. He grabs a hold of the rope while pinning, and gets the cheap victory. Hall celebrates the win by mocking DDP with some…mocking, stuff. DDP is PISSED, and gets up off the mat and attacks Hall. Hall manages to get DDP off of him for a second as he rolls out the ring, only to be followed closely by DDP. The go up the ramp and Hall heads through the curtain, followed by DDP again, but Page then gets thrown back out onto the top of the ramp…by Nash and Triple H! We get the second ever beat down by the REAL nWo, as Triple H busts him open with punches to the head, before feeding him to Nash to kill him dead with a Jacknife Powerbomb on the STEEL! Hall does the nWo pointy thingy at both Nash and Trips, who in turn, growl and look menacing.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Scott Hall (8:13)

Fun match. Not the most technically sound by any stretch of the imagination, but DDP carried it to being a good(ish) match. It had the REAL nWo beat down afterwards, so it was good.

** - Fun match + beat down = good stuff

Commercial Break

We come back and are IN the back, where Billy Kidman is hanging out all alone. Mr. Charisma(less) stands up, about to leave when…Torrie Wilson bursts in! Kidman is about to walk off when Torrie stops him. I’ll spare you readers the boring details of this meeting, but the basic premise of this was Torrie is sorry for turning on him last year, and wants to repair their relationship. Kidman is hesitant, but being the nice (see ‘stupid) guy he is, says that they can talk. Well, at least they didn’t neglect the two’s history. Must say, that segment was…bloody bland.

Wahey! It’s Jeff Jarrett! He’s ALIVE! Ahem, yeah. Ok, it’s a pre-taped interview, but this is what he had to say:

Jarrett: Hey; you? Are you paying attention to me? I’m not at the arena today, because I don’t have a match. That’s right; Jeff Jarrett is matchless. But, next week, I WILL be in that ring, going up against Curt Hennig. Yeah, HIM. it’s a United States title tournament match, and after I’ve got through him and everyone else in this thing, I’ll be the US champion for the fourth time. Only four people have held the belt more times than four, and I will be one of those people. You know; I said I wanted a shot at the World Heavyweight title, but I didn’t get it. I get this. But don’t worry about it; it’s all right with me…for now. As soon as I’m done with the United States title, I’m coming for the World title. Whether it’s around Booker T’s waist, or whoever’s, it will be around MINE again very soon. Soon, I will become a FIVE-time, WCW champion. Don’t forget it; next week I’m back, and I WILL be back hitting people over the head with guitars…starting with YOU Curt Hennig. Don’t piss me off…slapnut.

WCW United States title tournament: “The Total Package” Lex Luger w/ Miss Elizabeth vs. Ken Shamrock

Luger is out first along with his girlfriend, the lovely Miss Elizabeth. Apparently, WCW didn’t want to re-hire her, but after much pissing and moaning to Sting, she was eventually re-hired. Shows how this new ‘coalition’ at the head of WCW works eh? Well, the announcers hype up the debut of Shamrock, and sure enough, he gets a very good reaction. He seems to be playing the ‘loose cannon’ type gimmick here like he did in the WWF. Shamrock gets in the ring, and Luger looks a little intimidated. Wouldn’t you be if Ken “FREAKING” Shamrock stood across the ring from you? Shamrock snarled at Luger, who didn’t have clue what was going on. Lock-up, and Shamrock sends him down with an early belly-to-belly. Shamrock spreads the arms and yells at the roof. Is there something up there? People often yell at the roof. Shamrock hits another belly-to-belly, and he’s going suplex crazy! The crowds eating it up, as Shamrock nails every single form of suplex known to man (or at least it seems that way!) before trying a running clothesline on Luger, only to end up in the Torture Rack! Luger is blown up at this point, and as a result of this, kills any look of pain the Torture Rack could do by just holding him there. Shamrock, of course, sells it like he’s being crushed by the garbage room on the Death Star in Star Wars! Luger holds him up there for nearly a minute, until Shamrock falls out the back and hits a big ass karate kick, knocking Luger down, as well as seeing Kenneth collapse in a heap, holding his ribs. They both struggle to their feet, and Shamrock is selling the ribs by keeping one arm there, so essentially, fighting one armed. He manages to block a couple of punches and get in some of his own. Luger’s down, and Shamrock SNAPS! He grabs the ankle, and locks in the Ankle lock! Luger is screaming in pain, but won’t tap. Shamrock is just yelling out, and I think he’s bloody louder than the guy who is actually RECEIVING the hold! Luger finally has enough, and taps out! Phew, that’s over. Ok, fire Luger now! The guy hit a few punches, locked in a shitty Torture Rack, and was blown up after just that.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Ken Shamrock (5:24)

It was, essentially, a glorified squash. Obviously the company has plans for Shamrock, but not for Luger. It’s obvious he’s only got a job because of Sting. Luger is a liability to the other wrestlers, and if he keeps going like this, could injure somebody as well as himself,

* - Was there to debut Shamrock, and it served its purpose.

We get a quick recap of the Cruiserweight title match from “The Second Coming” for whatever reason. Oh, ah, because Jamie Knoble is out here. WCW didn’t take my advise to give him a ‘trailer-park dude’ gimmick, so screw them. Bastards. Anyway, this is what he said:

Knoble: Hey! ‘Sugah’ Shane Helms? Boy! You listening to me? I want a shot at your dubbya SEEE dubbya Cruiserweight title boy! But not tonight, you see, because I’m not out here to demand the match TONIGHT, oh no, I’m demanding it some time in the future! Tonight I got a non-title match with you! Tonight it’s about me sending you a message about what I’m all about boy! So if you’ve got the balls, you’ll come out and give me a shot at your title boy! Come on! I haven’t got all day!

Maybe I was wrong about the ‘trailer-trash’ gimmick. Maybe they ARE giving it to him. well, ‘Sugar’ Shane comes out and has a microphone in hand, so here’s what HE had to say.

Helms: Jamie, Jamie. You know I’m a fighting champion, and I’m willing to put my title on the line, TONIGHT if you think you can beat me!

Knoble: Woah, woah Shane! I don’t want the shot tonight! I, uh, I want it NEXT week! Next week I’ll beat you for the belt!

Helms: If you think you can beat me, then it’s on. But you’ve gotta beat me tonight to get the title shot. Let’s start this!

’Sugar’ Shane Helms vs. Jamie Knoble

Hmmm…why doesn’t he want the shot tonight? Knoble is trying to say something to the ring announcer, but quickly turns round as he is confronted by Helms. Knoble smiles at him…then gets out the ring and runs! Ha! Helms, like an idiot, gives chase and as soon as he gets back in the ring, Knoble drops a leg across his neck. He drops some knees and elbows across the neck as well before locking in a headlock. Helms fights to his feet and fights out, landing a kick to the head. Helms holds his neck as he hits a dropkick, followed up with a shining wizard, getting a near fall. These two, as they did last month, put on a frickin awesome match, with some high-flying stuff and some good old mat-based wrestling. An awesome spot to watch was Knoble setting up Helms on the top rope for a superplex, I think, and just as they both stood up on the top rope, Helms punches him in the stomach and DIVES over him (while both are standing on the top rope) and hits a powerbomb into a roll-up, only managing a 2 ½. “Holy Shit! Holy Shit!” about sums it up I believe, as the fans seem to agree. Helms is a little groggy, but is on his feet. He signals for the Vertebreaker…and hits it! Tis over. He’s got the pin, but…what the fuck? That guys is fucking HUGE! This big, dude, just broke up the pin by picking up Shane Helms and SLAMMING him down with a big ass sit-out powerbomb. This guys is mahoosive, not just in height though, as he he’s just a big muscular…guy. He’s got some pretty cool tattoos as well. The ref has since DQ’d Knoble, who is getting helped up by this big guy. Not 100% sure who he is at this moment. Knoble thanks him, but, ha! He’s throwing a bit of a temper tantrum because he blew the match. Well, whoever this guy is…he’s a damn imposing figure!

Rundown

On it’s way to a really good match, shame about the ending. But I can live with that, because there’s bound to be a rematch down the line somewhere, and I can’t wait. Damn he’s big.

*** ½ - Great match, and the ½ is added on because he’s so big.

Commercial Break

Nitro returns, and we’ve got the “(First) Nameless Ones” out in the ring. The former champions, Palumbo and O’Haire want something. Hmm, let’s let O’Haire tell us what that something is shall we?

O’Haire: Last week on Nitro, we beat the Mamalukes, and now we’re out here to lay out a challenge to Lance Storm, and Mike Awesome for a shot at the WCW Tag Team titles. It doesn’t have to be tonight, it doesn’t even have to be next week, but I want you two to come out here right now and give us an answer to the challenge!

Instead of the music of the champions, we get the Mamalukes. No, we don’t we get music that is very similar, but is different in the way it sounds, and the fact it belongs to Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke! Hey! It’s the Full Blooded Italians! Wahey! The fans are reacting with an “ECW” chant of course. Guido has a microphone:

Guido: Hey boys, you know what? My name is Guido Maritito, and this is Tony Mamaluke, and we are the Full Blooded Italians! The champs aren’t here tonight! Unluckily for you, we are. Las’ week, you beat our friends, Big Vito and Johnny da Bull man! So tonight man; we’re going to beat you down so much, you’ll be as flat as a pizza…capiche? So tonight, the F.B.I. face you, and we beat you. Gettit? Good!

The match is on!

F.B.I. vs. Palumbo & O’Haire

Well, they debuted without the Mamalukes, but they did make it relatively clear that they are going to be a group, what with the fact Guido referred to the Bull and Vito as his ‘friends’. Guido and Palumbo start off. Hey, Palumbo looks a little Italian! Maybe if they proceed with the super O’Haire push that is rumoured, Chucky could join the F.B.I. Lock up, of course starts us off, and Palumbo over-powers Guido, sending him flying into the corner, Hulkamania STYLE! Palumbo flexes a little, which gets a pop from the crowd. Guido is irate, and goes to regroup with Tony. Guido is jumping up and down a little bit, and then tags in Tony. Tony charges, and gets taken down with an armdrag…and another one, and another. It’s like Steamboat all over again. Minus the amazingly cool looking armdrags of course. Tony just doesn’t get it, and this time gets squished with a powerslam, getting a near fall for Palumbo, only broken up by Guido. Palumbo tags in O’Haire, and the two hit a delayed vertical suplex on Tony. Guido looks on with wide eyes and confusion. I like him. He’s funny. Cover by O’Haire, broken up again by Guido. O’Haire goes to give chase, but gets rolled up by Tony for a 1 count, who then sneaks under O’Haire’s legs and tags in Guido. O’Haire smirks as Guido slowly steps into the ring. O’Haire charges, and ducks a clothesline, and another, and another before Guido finally manages to get in a chop-block, taking O’Haire to the mat. Guido grabs the leg, and twists it around, in quite a painful looking way. Guido holds this in for a while, before going to the STF, and many other submission moves. He’s quite the technical wizard isn’t he? Guido and Tony make some tags, isolating O’Haire and working over the now-injured right leg. O’Haire was lying on the mat, as Guido came off the top for a, something, and O’Haire stuck his RIGHT foot in his mouth. Both were down, and O’Haire is now rolling around, clutching his right knee. Twit. Guido manages to make the tag to Tony, who grabs O’Haire’s LEFT leg, letting O’Haire stand on his RIGHT leg to kick him off. Ha ha. O’Haire again collapses in pain, holding his right knee but this time manages to make the tag to Palumbo! This house is very dirty right now, so what does Palumbo do? That’s right; he cleans it! Down goes Tony with an elbow, Guido with an elbow as well and Tony goes down a second time, courtesy of a Jungle Kick. Palumbo is about to make the pin, but sees his partner trying to take off his kneepad. PIN THE GUY! He goes over to check on him, but as he does, Guido pops up and rolls Palumbo up for the 1…2…3! Ha ha, serves you right! Idiot. Big Vito and Johnny the Bull come out and celebrate, cementing the alliance between these four.

Rundown

Winners: the F.B.I. (8:23)

Good match, nice win for the F.B.I. on their debut, and if this is the direction they are headed; they’ve laid the seeds for a O’Haire/Palumbo break-up. I prefer the slow burning break-ups, don’t you? Anyway, a win for the F.B.I. and with that celebration, it’s clear we’ve got a new stable here.

*** - Whenever Guido was in there, it was good. The other three are good as well, so we got a good match. Yup.

Up next, Kevin Nash vs… somebody.

Commercial Break

Kevin Nash vs. ???

The nWo’s music hits, and Triple H, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash make their way out, with Nash in the centre. He’s wearing the same stuff he wore at the beginning of the show, so this match isn’t going to be anything special. They stand around for a little while until…Cash comes out? Oh goody, let’s squash the cruiserweights of course. What else could they do?

Kevin Nash vs. Cash

Nash looks terrified. He’s faking it of course, but it still looks funny. He pretends that he wants Cash to stay back, and he tells the referee he didn’t know he had to face HIM. Ha. While Nash is talking to the ref, Cash quickly rolls him up and gets a near fall. Nash gets up…and is PISSED! Cash looks around, tries to charge, but eats boot instead. Nash picks him up, and Jacknife’s him straight back down. 1…2…and the sign of a true heel, he picks up the head and breaks the count. He throws him into the corner and hits knees and elbows, and finishes that with the ‘picture-perfect-elbow’. Cash collapses in the middle of the ring, leading to another pin where he raises the arm this time. Triple H and Scott Hall are ‘irate’ on the outside. Ha ha. Nash then picks him up again…and hits the Book End! 1…2…3, and he lets it end. Ah, but does he. He picks Cash up, and hits the Jacknife again. Some serious beating down ensues, with Triple H hitting the Pedigree (with Hall ‘pushing’ Cash down, as if it would make it a SUPER-Pedigree or something!) before Hall goes under the ring…and produces some spray paint! Wahoo! Hall just finishes spraying, just before the music of the champion hits! Booker T races down to the ring and goes straight for Nash! He lands punches on all three guys and takes Hall down with a Harlem Sidekick before hitting an elbow to Triple H. Nash tries to boot him, but he ducks and kicks in the midsection. He calls for the Axe Kick, and just as he’s about to hit it, Triple H takes his head off with a clothesline! Triple H beats seven shades of crap out of Booker with right hands to the head before, just as they did with DDP earlier, he feeds him to Nash who Jacknife Powerbomb’s Booker, leaving him limp. They aren’t finished yet, as Hall gets the spray paint, and sprays ‘nWo’ on Booker’s back. Nash picks up Booker’s World title, and the nWo pose with the belt as Nitro goes finito.

Rundown

Winner: Kevin Nash (1:52)

A nothing match. It was all about the ending here. It officially started the Nash/Booker T feud over the title, and I guess this was a good way to go about it. The nWo were kept strong, as they should be this early in their run, and it also raises the question; will the company actually put the belt on Nash or not? I would be surprised if they did. I would expect and prefer Triple H to get the belt, but if they’re giving it to Nash, I can live with that.

½ * – Not a match, and not as good as Goldberg’s squash last week

Show Rundown

A good follow up to last week. We now know what the nWo are doing (duh! Pretty obvious anyway, but…ahem) and have a couple of ready made feuds starting up. Hall/DDP, Knoble/Helms, Nash/Booker, and a possible split between O’Haire and Palumbo. I wanna know who that big dude is. Hopefully I’ll read about who he is in a bit. We got some cruiserweights on the show tonight thankfully, even if one was squashed and one was in a backstage skit with Torrie, we did get a match out of them.

Good show, Hopefully the nWo works this time. I like how it's just the three men. No need for any new members yet. Hall advancing is pretty good and hopefully he'll become the US Champ. I'm pulling for him or Shamrock. I take it that Batista is Noble's friend? Good show looking forward to reading more. Nash going for the World title is damn good too :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

This is the only diary I read in the cube and for a few reasons. First of all I love the way you do your results, very different. Secondly I was a huge WCW mark and could imagine quite of this actually happening. Now Push DDP and I'll be a happy reader.

Right it's like 5am so I'll just mention a few things about the show and add more tomorrow or something.

For me Luger should have beaten Shamrock. Without a doubt Luger HAS to have some sort of good feud or something in the next few weeks. Anything slightly good will do. Sure he isn't a great worker, but at the end of the day he WAS a big addition to WCW whatever anyone says. They just wouldn't have him going without, specialy now that Sting is in charge. In my opinion he should be given something pretty big, but that's just me because I'm trying to face the reality of the booking.

nWo is going well. I think it can be really great but like I've said before, it really needs to be booked to perfection. The original nWo was simply amazing in all honesty, so after HHH said that todays nWo is the real nWo, you need to prove it. I really do think a few more guys can come in, but this time around I wouldn't over crowed it. I'd go with like six at the most, if that. You could make it a big group, but it'll certainly be tough. The question is though, do you make nWo SUPER strong and build a force to go against it? OR do you build the nWo to be super strong and have the whole of WCW involved in the war? Hopefully tha makes sense :rolleyes:

Anyway the show for me was really good and I'll check it over again tomorrow when I'm not typing while sleeping nearly. Good stuff going here, keep it up.

user posted image

HARDCORE TITLE TO BE REINSTATED!!!

Wednesday 20th June 2001

user posted image

That is right! The Hardcore title is coming back to World Championship Wrestling very soon! The 'powers-that-be' decided now was the right time to bring back the title worn by such wrestlers as Reno, Brian Knobbs, Bam Bam Bigelow, Norman Smiley, Big Vito, Carl Oulette, Crowbar, one half of the current Tag Team champion, Lance Storm and of course, the legendary Terry Funk! The title was abandoned in January, but come Sunday 15th of July, a new champion will be crowned! Bash at the Beach emenates from the Robertson Stadium in El Paso, Texas, and will hold a 20-man, over the top rope, HARDCORE battle-royal to determine the brand new Hardcore champion! Keep an eye out over the coming weeks for any announcements regarding the 20 participants in this match!

-- Chapter Seventeen --

Friday 22nd June 2001

A few matters to sort out...

Bischoff had just got off the phone with a representative for the NBC network. He was trying to talk about the posiblity of adding a second WCW show to the schedule. On the plus side, they were certainly interested, but not at this moment. They made comment on how well Nitro has been performing in the ratings, but didn't want to do anything yet. Talk of the new show would have to wait until at least August he was told. Sting, Flair and himself all agreed that they wanted the show on a different day to Thursday, with Friday or Saturday being the main candidates. The idea was, if it was on Friday or Saturday, then it wouldn't have to compete in the ratings with any other wrestling show, specifically SmackDown. Bischoff was left in charge of getting the TV deal.

Bischoff had also spoken to Bill Goldberg on the phone yesterday, as the former football star was complaining that he wasn't involved in any major storyline. Bischoff convinced him that he had something planned for him soon, but not right now. Goldberg didn't buy into it, but did ask if he was getting a title shot soon. Bischoff, again skipped past the question and said he had a VERY big match planned for Haloween Havoc, and that Goldberg would be a big part of that. When asked what the match was, Bischoff simply told him it was still an idea he had had, and he hadn't finalised the whole thing, but he GUARANTEED him it was going to go down in history.

He was also thinking about this Hardcore title battle-royal scheduled for Bash at the Beach, and was going over a few of the ideas that the writers had come up with. One idea, was to have a 15-minute, 'pin as many times as you want' match like at WWF's WrestleMania 16, so he threw that away. Another, was a ruling that every entrant is to bring in a weapon, and that will be used during the match. It was the best idea out of the all of them, and he was going to use it. The idea was from a newer writer, Allan Wright who joined the company in May. Although he didn't want to admit it, the idea of THIS nWo was all his, as were several of the ideas being used. He had since been offered the role of head-writer, and had also recently been the target of some immense speculation. The WWF had seen the ratings, and were told it was partly down to him, so they approached him with an offer of a job. Thankfully, he rejected it almost immedietly. He then signed the new WCW deal, and become head-writer.

Nothing of note had happened this month, and quite frankly, Bischoff was grateful for it. All he had to do know was help tie up a few deals for some wrestlers to debut at Bash at the Beach.

user posted image

Sunday 24th June 2001

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

Tuesday 19th June

user posted image    user posted image

Neither Disco Inferno nor Ernest 'the Cat' Miller and are expected to have his contract renewed once it expires at the end of September. Neither have appeared on WCW programming since the return, and neither are expected to in the near future with creative having virtually nothing for them. The only idea that has been thrown around is to team them up. The idea was apparently that of Vince Russo, who is close friends with Disco, and has been trying to come up with something for him to do. As of this moment, the idea had been rejected. But, things could still change in the future.

Thursday 21st June

user posted image

user posted image

Tommy Dreamer and Brian James have both signed short-term deals with WCW today. James will wrestle under the name of BG James. The deals are said to be around 6 months in length, and both will be used as a part of the new WCW Hardcore division. It is unknown whether they will be offered extended contracts, but must signs at the moment say 'no'. BG James isn't seen as a good long-term investment (at this point), and in Dreamers case, many believe that he can only work the ECW-style 'extreme hardcore' matches, and WCW do not plan on going that far. Thus, their thinking is a long term stay may hurt him and the company more than help.

WCW writer, Allan Wright has today signed a brand new contract with the company, as well as a promotion to head-writer. This promotion came only days after he was offered a job by the WWF! Apparantly, WWF officials some how found out that the 'new' nWo idea was down to him, and after seeing the ratings, tried to prise him away, offering him a lucrative contract. But Wright stayed with WCW and signed their contract...taking the promotion and wage increase!

Friday 22nd June

user posted image

Terry Funk has agreed to appear at the Bash at the Beach next to participate in the Hardcore title battle-royal. Most likely a one-shot deal, Funk is seen as the personification of hardcore wrestling in many fans eyes, and officials really wanted him in the match. Funk didn't take much persuading, but is trying to get himself more appearances with the company.

Saturday 23rd June

user posted image

Bill Goldberg will miss this Monday's Nitro because he is taking part in a fund raiser for an animal shelter near his home in Atlanta, Georgia.

Sunday 24th June

MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

user posted image

Coming to you LIVE from the Tad Smith Coliseum in Oxford, Mississippi, World Heavyweight champion Booker T is set to be on the warpath. Last week, the champion was beaten down by Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Triple H, and is bound to be out for revenge. Booker is going to open the show this Monday, and will have a few choice words for the nWo.

Last week, we saw Jamie Knoble get in the ring with the Cruiserweight champion, 'Sugar' Shane Helms in a non-title match; a match that ended in a disqualification when a huge, unknown monster made his presence felt when he delivered a vicious sit-out powerbomb to Helms and in the process, aligning himself with Jamie Knoble. Because of this, the two have been booked in a tag team match against 'Sugar' Shane Helms and a partner of his choosing. Hopefully, the name of this behemoth will be revealed. The question is though; who will the Cruiserweight champion choose as his partner?

Billy Kidman is also set to be in action, going one-on-one with Shawn Stasiak. Last week, we saw Torrie Wilson try and repair the two's broken relationship. Has it been repaired? Will it be repaired? Kidman can not worry about his relationship, because Stasiak is a dangerous man once he steps into the ring, and will target ANY weakness he sees.

Of course, two more United States title tournament matches will take place, as Chris Kanyon takes on Dustin Rhodes, while "the Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett clashes with the returning Curt Hennig in the main event, and possible Match of the Year candidate.

Confirmed Matches:

* US title tournament: Dustin Rhodes vs. Chris Kanyon

* US title tournament: Curt Hennig vs. "the Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett

* Jamie Knoble & Partner vs. 'Sugar' Shane Helms and a partner of his choosing