What If?...

TMM

user posted image

Monday 9th July 2001

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

user posted image

We are LIVE at the ALLTEL Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas

Our hosts are Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay and Jerry “the King” Lawler

After the usual opening video and stuff we get the nWo…no, it’s Eric Bischoff! Yay! He’s back. My GOD…did I just say that? Well Bischoff is out, and he has a microphone. He’s smiling at the fans, so perhaps he’s playing a face? Who knows? There’s a small ‘Asshole’ chant going up in the “far reaches” of the arena, just because it’s Bischoff. Anyway, here’s what he had to chat aboot:

Bischoff: Let’s get straight, to the point! Nash, Hall, Triple H? You show up here every week, and talk about how you are ‘taking over’ WCW. Well, I’ve got news for you; NO CHANCE IN HELL is that going to happen! Not while I am on the watch. You see, while Ric Flair and I don’t see eye-to-eye, he was right about one thing; the nWo is a poison, and it’s a poison that needs to cast out before it can establish a foothold in the company! I was listening to them try and run the place, so I got up, and knew it was time for ‘Eazy E’ to return to the spotlight, and take control of the company! WCW is under my jurisdiction now, because I am the NEW President of WCW! So, tonight, I have a major announcement to make regarding this Sunday’s ‘Bash at the Beach’ pay-per-view. I heard Kevin Nash’s comments about how he will have Hall and Triple H as his back up this Sunday, and about how, where there is one, the other three are sure to be found. Well that’s all fine by me Kevin, because this Sunday…I have placed a special enforcer in the match (big pops for that)! A man who has the power, if forced to use it, to lay a beating on the participants, should he see fit! If you provoke him, and for that matter, if Booker T provokes him, he will NOT hesitate to knock you on your ass and break your bones! He has been given the job of keeping order, making sure the referee isn’t taken advantage of in the match. He will guard the match from the nWo, and unless it is 100% fair, you will NOT be taking that belt home with you! And Nash; you will have to wait about, ooo, an hour and 30 minutes before you find out who the enforcer is, because I am making tonight’s main event RIGHT NOW! In the main event, it will see the nWo, Hall, Nash and Triple H taking on Sunday’s special enforcer, Diamond Dallas Page…and the World Heavyweight champion, Booker T! that’s right Scott; you have two matches! Live with it! Tonight signals the beginning of the end for the New World Order, don’t forget that!

Cool stuff. Special enforcer? Wonder who that’s gonna be? Oh well, we’ll just have to wait. Up next; Rick Steiner vs. David Flair…just shoot me already.

Commercial Break

WCW United States title tournament Quarter-Finals: Rick Steiner vs. David Flair

Whoever wins this goes on to face either Shamrock or Hall. This match is gonna suck big balls. Brawl time! Slow brawling starts, David is on the receiving end of some stiff looking punches. Steiner is so damn boring in the ring. Well, so is David Flair actually, but at least he *might* get better. Steiner is dominant throughout, and David is playing the underdog here. Schiavone is talking about the heart of David because he’s still going in this match. Flair avoids a big Steiner-line and starts to build up a big comeback. I say big, but the fans don’t seem to care. Except for about 9 people in the third row; they care. Steiner flaps away a David-dropkick and picks him up, and signals for a powerbomb. Steiner gets him up, but David is punching away, and then manages to get a hurricanrana into a pinfall…1…2…3! Holy shit he did it…me thinks Ric is helping his son along in this tournament or something. David rolls out the ring and heads up the ramp, with Steiner about to blow his top in the ring.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: David Flair (4:51)

Well, it was a boring match, and if you ask me, the only reason David got through is because his dad partly owns the company. Scratch that; the only reason David is on the full roster/has a job is because of his dad.

DUD – Was boring/crap/shitty.

Here comes Scott Hall for his match with Ken Shanmrock. Well, he must be a bit upset at having two matches. I know I would be. Especially if one was against Ken “I’m a crazy man” Shamrock. Anyway, he has a mic, so this is what he said:

Hall: Hey yo…I’m out here because I got a match all right. That’s right; a match booked in advance, that has me going one-on-one with “Mr. UFC”, Ken Shamrock. That’s my match. So what do I get told as soon as I arrive at the arena; I get told I have a SECOND match! That ain’t cool man! I also find out, that ERIC BISCHOFF is back, and that it was him who booked it! Man, what ARE you doing back? But you know, two matches ain’t anything to me! Ken Shamrock; puh, he’s nothing to me! Then in the main event; me, H and Nash against Booker Wee, DD-Pee (makes a ‘peeing’ motion when saying ‘wee’ and ‘pee’) and someone else. Who is Eric gonna find to team with Page and Book? Well, I don’t care, and quite frankly, neither does Kevin or Trips, because we are the best the company has to offer. Shamrock; it’s time for you to get out here, and take a beating like a man, nWo style!

WCW United States title tournament Quarter-Finals: Scott Hall vs. Ken Shamrock

Shamrock starts off with some punches and kicks in the corner, then whips Hall off the ropes and knocks him down with a back-elbow. Stomps away at him on the mat with Hall trying to get away from him by sneaking outside. Shamrock’s having none of it, and picks him up and punches away at the face. Shamrock is dominant here for a few minutes, beating away at Hall. Both on their feat, and Shamrock gets a punch, only for Hall to start fighting back with a punch of his own. A slugfest erupts, and Hall eventually ducks a shot and ends up taking Shamrock down to the mat with a powerslam. Hall starts his period of dominance now, with some kicks and punches on the mat, and when he gets up, he kicks and punches away in the corner. Hall chops Shamrock, but he no sells it! He starts to “Shamrock-up” I guess is the best way to describe it, and after some more blows, screams out and goes bananas! He starts beating the crap out of Scott Hall and hits an overhead belly-to-belly throw. Ha ha, Hall landed on the referee! Shamrock then locks in the Ankle Lock, and after about a second in the hold, Hall taps like a crazy man! Shamrock doesn’t hear the bell, so checks the ref. Shamrock goes back to Hall, but gets low-blowed! Hall stands up and then delivers the Outsiders Edge! He covers, but the ref is still out. So it’s time for DDP! Page runs down to the ring with a chair in hand, and as Hall turns round, he’s met by a WHACK to the head! Hall collapses in a heap, and Shamrock slowly gets to his feet. He looks around, and sees Hall out on the mat. He locks in the Ankle Lock, and Hall bursts to life by screaming in pain! DDP wakes up the ref, who regains consciousness just in time to see Scott Hall tap out! Shamrock advances! Shamrock celebrates, as Hall squirms in pain. Shamrock finally leaves the ring, and Hall finally gets to his feet. DDP quietly gets inside the ring, stands behind Hall, and as the nWo member turns around, DDP smiles…and hits the Diamond Cutter! Ha ha! DDP quickly retreats as Nash and Triple come running down the aisle to check on their fallen partner. And we got to a break with DDP at the top of the aisle.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Ken Shamrock (9:35)

It was a really good match. Shamrock and Hall, believe it or not, have some good chemistry in that ring. The DDP run-in was good, as having Hall lose cleanly could be damaging to the nWo.

*** - Good match by two workers who had the chemistry tonight.

Commercial Break

On the return, we’re in the back with O’Haire and Palumbo. Where’ve they been for the past two weeks?

O’Haire: Hey listen; we have to get our Tag Team titles back.

Palumbo: I know, but there’s already a Tag Team title match booked for ‘Bash at the Beach’, so we’ve got to wait to get our hands on Storm and Awesome.

O’Haire: I know, but what I want to know is, why the hell are Mysterio and Kidman getting the title shot? What have they done to deserve it? We’re guaranteed a rematch, yet we don’t get it? Something’s screwed up around here.

Palumbo: You’re right, and you know what; we need to go talk to Bischoff.

O’Haire: Yeah, we’ll do that in a minute, I heard he’s busy at the moment.

Palumbo: Alright then. By the way, is your knee all healed up yet?

O’Haire: Yeah, 100% and raring to go. Thanks for checking on me during the match, but you shouldn’t have. You could’ve won us the match.

Palumbo: Hey, you looked hurt; I wanted to make sure you were ok.

O’Haire: Thanks but don’t do it again. Next time, it could be during a Tag Team title match or something. If the reverse had happened, and I was in the position you were; I would’ve won the match THEN checked on you (Palumbo seemed shocked by this).

Palumbo: So you’re telling me, the match is more important than your friends health?

O’Haire: I didn’t say that man, what I said was, I would’ve finished the match first.

Palumbo: You know; whatever man, I’m gonna go see Bischoff, you coming?

O’Haire: Yeah, let’s go.

Oooo, dissention in the ranks! A possible break-up on the way; I hope it doesn’t happen to soon, because they are the only face tag team in the company at the moment, minus Mysterio and Kidman. Kanyon vs. Jarrett up next, and this is going to be an interesting encounter, with heel vs. heel matches generally getting shit responses from the crowd

WCW United States title tournament Quarter-Finals: Chris Kanyon w/ Alexis and Randy vs. Jeff Jarrett

Jarrett comes out first, and is accompanied by his guitar. Aw. Kanyon is out next, and he has that girl from last week, Alexis, as well as a new buddy. Hang on, that’s Randy Orton! Ha ha! The son of the legendary “Cowboy” Bob Orton Jr. and grandson of Bob Orton. Ha, he’s Kanyon’s new fan. He’s got a shirt on saying, “Who betta than Kanyon?” and on the back says, “Certainly not me!” Ha ha. Alexis is wearing a ladies version of the shirt. He has a microphone in hand:

Kanyon: Cut the music. Last week, my HUGE fan Alexis told you who was better than Kanyon, now another of my HUGE fans will tell you! Randy; who betta than Kanyon?

Randy: Ain’t NOBODY betta than you!

Kanyon: Exactly, and you know what; I’m DEFINETLY better than YOU Double J!

“Tonight Matthew, I am going to be playing the face” Kanyon might as well say, as he gets a good pop, and Jarrett is furious. Kanyon rushes the ring; slides under Jarrett and the two come to blows quickly, with nobody getting the upper hand here. You know, I’d like to see Kanyon with the belt. I hope he wins. Kanyon takes over control, and sends Jarrett into the corner. He chops away several times, then sets him up on the top rope. He tries for a superplex, but Jarrett knocks him off the turnbuckle, and when he gets to his feet, Jarrett comes off the second rope with a double ax-handle, getting a near fall. Jarrett then grabs a headlock, and locks it in tight. They both get to their feet, and Kanyon manages to overpower Jarrett and send him into the ropes. Shoulder block from Jarrett sends Kanyon back down. Jarrett runs to the ropes again and gets taken down by a powerslam! I would buy that as a finish, as Kanyon put some extra ‘oumph’ in it. It only gets a near fall. Both go at it, exchanging moments of control with Jarrett getting in the Stroke and getting the cover, only to see Kanyon’s foot on the rope after Randy put it there! He walks off whistling with his hands behind his back. Jarrett gets up and grabs a hold of Randy by the hair and pulls him on to the apron. The referee tries to separate them, but Jarrett, using one hand pushes the ref away. When he turns his attention back to Randy, he gets dropped throat first over the top rope! He turns round and walks right into the Flatliner! 1…2…3, and Kanyon wins! Yay! Alexis and Randy come in to celebrate, and Alexis is jumping around like a giddy schoolgirl! Randy is all excited, as he hugs his hero.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Chris Kanyon (7:34)

Good match, and the ‘I’m better than you’ gimmick Kanyon is doing right now is gold. I love the idea of bringing crazy, obsessed fans out with him. It’s a different way to debut a third-generation superstar, but it will do.

** ½ - Good match that, if they wanted to, could be used to turn Kanyon face.

Up next: Nick Dinsmore vs. Shawn Stasiak.

Commercial Break

When we come back, we find Lance Storm and Mike Awesome seemingly waiting for someone. We find out who they were waiting for, as Rey Mysterio Jr. and Billy Kidman walk in.

Storm: Finally! You know, when you’re are told to meet somewhere at a certain time…it is common courtesy to BE THERE on time!

Mysterio: What the hell do you want? Why’d you attack us last week?

Storm: Do we really need to answer that? Really? Fine! Last week, we attacked you, because you have something that just doesn’t sit well with us. You see, those ‘Cruiserweight’ Tag Team titles you are carrying around with you are absolute crap.

Kidman: What are you talking about? We won these belts fair and square on Nitro in March! We went through a tournament…

Storm: What are you talking about? I don’t CARE how hard you worked for the belts; they have no PLACE here! How can you have two sets of Tag Team champions in ONE company? And what kind of an example is it when the company creates a set of belts for a lower weight class for the SINGLE reason that they cannot compete on the level of the heavyweights? Do you know what that says about cruiserweights; it says that they are inferior (Mysterio and Kidman stop to think, seeing the wisdom in Storm’s words)! Myself, being a former Cruiserweight champion, I know that I am not inferior to Mike Awesome, a heavyweight, and you should believe the same. Granted, you two ARE inferior to Mike Awesome, but you should not believe it. So, what I am saying is; this Sunday you get a chance to take away the REAL Tag Team titles…why don’t we raise the stakes a little?

Mysterio: What do you have in mind Lance?

Storm: How about, a title unification match? No Cruiserweight Tag Team titles anymore after the Bash this Sunday; there will only be ONE set of Tag Team champions. You know as well as I do, that THESE belts (Storm and Awesome hold up the Tag straps) are the ones that count, and that the ones around your waists aren’t recognised as TRUE World titles.

Kidman: Maybe you’re right; right about everything you just said. No, wait; there was ONE thing you were wrong about…

Storm: And what would that be?

Kidman: You called us something; something that, this Sunday, we will prove to you and the world, that we are not. By beating you, we will prove that we are ANYTHING but inferior.

The two sets of teams stare at one another, as the camera switches to the ring. Good stuff, and this confirms the unification match. I was never a fan of the Cruiserweight Tag Team division idea anyway. Not enough teams for it to be legitimate.

WCW United States title tournament Quarter-Finals: Nick Dinsmore vs. Shawn Stasiak w/ Stacy Keibler

Dinsmore is out first, and he gets a better reaction than last week, thanks to the win over Animal. Unfortunately for him, he has taped up ribs after taking the falling powerslam from Road Warrior Animal last week. O…k. Hmmm, now a falling powerslam is a DANGEROUS move. Shoot me. Tenay explains that Dinsmore suffered the move from Animal, thus making it ‘super’ dangerous. Essentially what he said. Anyway, Stasiak has Stacy out with him this week, thus eliminating my hopes of seeing her in her underwear again. Oh well. Lock-up starts again, and Dinsmore takes him down with a firemans carry into a headlock. Dinsmore shows of his technical expertise by out-wrestling Stasiak for a couple of minutes before Dinsmore attempts a German suplex and, without the referee seeing it, Stasiak low-blows his way out of it. Stasiak is up, and Dinsmore is on his knees, and we have Stasiak punching away at Dinsmore’s head. He hooks him up, and hits a fisherman’s suplex for a near fall. Stasiak gets him to his feet again and tries to go for a backdrop, but as Dinsmore goes right over and lands on his feet! Stasiak turns round and Dinsmore lays into him with right and lefts. Irish whip across the ring, taking Stasiak down with a standing dropkick. Dinsmore stands…wow, what an ass. Stacy is on the apron, and she’s got her skirt lifted ALL the way up, exposing her thong-wearing but! Yay! Dinsmore is transfixed, but Stacy gets off the apron. Dinsmore shakes it off, turns round and is taken down with the Hangman’s Noose! 1…2…3, and it’s over, as Shawn Stasiak goes on to face Chris Kanyon this Sunday. Stacy gets in the ring, and her and Stasiak kiss. Aw.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance: Shawn Stasiak (4:56)

Well, a good match there, but I’m not sure about the advancement here. Unless they are going to turn Kanyon face like I think, it’s going to be a bit weird, another heel vs. heel match that is. I hope they don’t turn him face, because I don’t think his gimmick would work as a face. Oh well, the match should be good anyway.

* ¾ - Pretty good, and I was entertained by it, so…yup.

We cut to the back where ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms is going through his stuff, when the door slams and the camera swerves to reveal Jamie Knoble and Malice standing there! Malice attacks, and drives Helms’ head into the wall twice before throwing him into a drinks machine. He starts slamming his head into THAT now, before throwing him into the STEEL lockers! Ow. He picks him up and holds him, as Knoble goes through his bag and takes out the Cruiserweight title belt.

Knoble: Hey boy! This Sunday boy; this belt will be MINE! You hear? Mine! But you know what? I think I’ll let you kiss it goodbye! Here, kiss it!

Knoble gears back and whacks him in the face with the belt, knocking him out onto the concrete. Knoble signals Malice to go, but Malice gives him a kick in the head first before leaving. Ha.

The final break is up now, but up next, the nWo vs. Booker T, DDP and the special enforcer for ‘Bash at the Beach’.

Commercial Break

Booker T, Diamond Dallas Page and Goldberg vs. the nWo

We’re back, and here comes the nWo! Hall has a towel with him, and I think it’s the same towel from last week. He he. Hall looks a little beaten up, not surprising really, seen as he WAS. He seems to have a legitimate black eye. Silly Ken, you’re fucked now. Anyway, the Order is out, and don’t have anything to say. Wow, makes a change. Booker T and DDP come out separately, of course, with DDP coming out first and alone, and Booker afterwards. They stand at the top of the ramp, and NOW we get to find out the third man and the special enforcer for the World title match Sunday…GOLDBERG!!! The crowd goes apeshit for the ‘Berg, as he comes out with a little smirk on his face. Nash looks horrified. The faces run down to the ring and catch the nWo of guard. They all pair off, with Goldy going for Triple H, Booker for Nash, and DDP for the already battered and bruised Hall. Hall and DDP go to the outside where the brawl, and Booker and Nash follow quickly after a Harlem Sidekick sends Nash over the top rope. Schiavone says the referee has been told to let anything go in this match, bar interference. Cool. Goldberg is beating up Triple H in the ring, and sends him into the turnbuckle. He goes for a shoulder block, but Trips dodges it, and Goldberg hits the STEEL. He turns around…kick, wham, Pedig…no! Goldberg tips H over, goes to the corner…SPEAR!!! He calls for the Jackhammer, but gets taken out by a big boot from Kevin Nash. Booker gets taken down after suffering the same fate about a minute before. Nash sets Goldberg up for the Jacknife…but out of nowhere DDP comes along and hits the Diamond Cutter! DDP covers…1…2…Triple H breaks it up…Pedigree! Cover…1…2…Booker, out of nowhere with the Harlem Hangover from the top! Cover for him…1…2…Scott Hall breaks this one up, and hits the Outsiders Edge! He doesn’t cover him; instead, he gets BROKEN IN HALF with a Spear from Goldberg! He calls for it, and hits the Jackhammer…1…2…3! Goldberg gets the pin, and the faces get the win! Triple H and Nash are outside on the floor, and are slowly getting to their feet though as DDP kicks Scott Hall outside. Booker T poses with the World Heavyweight title, as Goldberg shouts, “Nash; if you cross me…YOU’RE NEXT!” Sweet. Nitro closes with the faces posing in the ring.

Rundown

Winners: Goldberg, DDP and Booker T (5:13)

It wasn’t really a match as such, more of a show of offence here and there from all six guys. It’s definitely made clear that Goldberg will not stand for ANY bullshit in the main event this Sunday, and it’s looking good.

* - Wasn’t really a match, but was fun to see the exchanges.

Show Rundown

Was a hard sell for the pay-per-view, which is what they should be doing, so they get good marks from me. The Kanyon/Jarrett match and the Shamrock/Hall match were the only things worth watching wrestling-wise, but there were some good bits in here. I enjoyed the show. ‘Bash at the Beach’ should be good.

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Monday 9th July 2001

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

user posted image

FINAL CARD AND PREVIEW

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

user posted image

Kevin Nash vs. Booker T © - Special Enforcer at ringside: Goldberg

user posted image vs. user posted image

- Special Enforcer

user posted image

WCW TAG TEAM TITLES VS. WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH

user posted image

Mike Awesome and Lance Storm (Tag Team champions) vs. the Filthy Animals (Cruiserweight Tag Team champions)

user posted image & user posted image  vs. user posted image & user posted image

WCW HARDCORE TITLE - BATTLE ROYAL

user posted image

20 participants in an over-the-top-rope environment. Everyone brings one weapon to the ring with them. The last man standing will be the NEW WCW Hardcore champion

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE TOURNAMENT - SEMI-FINAL MATCHES

user posted image

David Flair vs. Ken Shamrock

Chris Kanyon vs. Shawn Stasiak

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

user posted image

(if Malice or Knoble win, Knoble gets the title. If the Wall or Helms win, Helsm retains)

Malice and Jamie Knoble vs. the Wall and 'Sugar' Shane Helms ©

user posted image & user posted image vs. user posted image & user posted image

Tie-Breakers

Who was the mystery man on the phone to Eric Bischoff?

Who will get the pin in the Cruiserweight title match?

Who is the 20th man in the Hardcore battle-royal?...

...and is he the same guy on the phone to Bischoff?

What match will get the best rating?

Good Nitro liked Bischoff coming in and hopefully he won't be turning heel anytime soon. I expected Scott Steiner to be the mystery partner but Goldy was a surprise which is a good thing :thumbsup:

Heh Orton as one of Kanyon's fanboys is funny and cool. Kanyon is owning right now and hopefully he'll be the US Champ.

Here's my PPV predictions

Kevin Nash

Mike Awesome and Lance Storm

? no idea on the hardcore title

Kanyon

Shamrock

Wall and 'Sugar' Shane Helms the title losing hands like that wouldn't be good, A regular match for the with Helms/Noble would be better

Who was the mystery man on the phone to Eric Bischoff? Shawn Michaels... The guy sounded a bit Texan to me. If it is a WWF guy I'll go with HBK. Though he didn't do much by late 2000/2001 he was still a recognized name in the wrestling business. If it is Michaels I can see him joining the nWo by costing Booker the title. Michaels as a manager with Nash could work too.

Who will get the pin in the Cruiserweight title match? Helms

Who is the 20th man in the Hardcore battle-royal?... Terry Funk?

...and is he the same guy on the phone to Bischoff? No

What match will get the best rating? tag title

Edited by Baby Hewey

Predictions:

Kevin Nash

Awesome & Storm

BG James

Ken Shamrock

Chris kanyon

Malie/Noble

Who was the mystery man on the phone to Eric Bischoff? Steve Austin

Who will get the pin in the Cruiserweight title match? Jamie Noble

Who is the 20th man in the Hardcore battle-royal?... No clue.

...and is he the same guy on the phone to Bischoff? ... yes. >_>

What match will get the best rating? Match Quality - The tag unification match, overall - Main Event.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Right before I do predictions a small rundown of the show, well smaller than usual. Your writting it quite realistcly, mainly with the David Flair stuff, although I feel you went over the top by basically saying he's pure shit. Never EVER say that about David :angry:

Anyway I'll let you off for once :P

Shamrock advancing makes sense as DDP helped him, but here's praying Shamrock doesn't win, although I cant see Flair beating him even though I hope he does. Kanyon/Jarrett was a tough descsion on who should win too, but Kanyon NEEDS it way more than Jarrett. The stuff with Helms getting beat down was great too. I praise you for putting Stasiak over Dinsmore as well, good descsion there even though Shamrock is the only face left in the whole thing. The main event was also solid and at first I thought oh no it's Austin, but thank god it wasn't. Goldberg was a great descsion, and I'll explain as to why below.

Bash At The Beach Predictions/Stuff

Winners:

Cruiserweight Title Tag Match - Malice and Knoble

U.S Title Semi - Kanyon

U.S Title Semi - Shamrock

Hardcore Title Battle Royal - Dustine Rhodes or Raven(If he is returning)

Tag Titles All Or Nothing - Awesome/Storm

World Title - Kevin Nash

Who was the mystery man on the phone to Eric Bischoff? I'm crossed between two guys actually. One that I honestly don't want to name because it could either be way out or way too correct. The second would have to be someone hardcore, maybe Raven?

Who will get the pin in the Cruiserweight title match? Malice will do the damage or Wall will turn with Knoble getting the pin.

Who is the 20th man in the Hardcore battle-royal?Raven

...and is he the same guy on the phone to Bischoff? Yes

What match will get the best rating?Awesome/Storm vs. Mysterio/Kidman

To explain why you made the right decision with Goldberg is simple. Maybe and probably hopefully it's so that Goldberg can turn heel. At the present time he's the most over guy in WCW, if booked right the turn could be fucking super hot. It's a long shot, but I'm betting on Goldberg shocking the world and turning and spearing Booker T as Nash certainly isn't going cleanly over Booker.

Cant wait for the show too. I want a prize if I get predictions all right :)

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Mike Awesome and Lance Storm (Tag Team champions) vs. the Filthy Animals (Cruiserweight Tag Team champions)

(if Malice or Knoble win, Knoble gets the title. If the Wall or Helms win, Helsm retains)

Tie-Breakers

Who was the mystery man on the phone to Eric Bischoff? Raven

Who will get the pin in the Cruiserweight title match?The wall

Who is the 20th man in the Hardcore battle-royal?...Raven

...and is he the same guy on the phone to Bischoff?Yes

What match will get the best rating?Booker Vs. Nash with Berg

Booker T d. Kevin Nash

Filthy Animals d. Storm/Awesome (Rey pins Storm)

Shamrock d. David Flair (poor David...)

Kanyon d. Stasiak

Knoble/Malice d. Helms/Wall (Malice pins Helms)

Dreamer wins the Hardcore Title

Tie-Breakers

Who was the mystery man on the phone to Eric Bischoff? *glass shatters* BAH GAWD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

Who will get the pin in the Cruiserweight title match? Rey Mysterio Jr.

Who is the 20th man in the Hardcore battle-royal?... A wild guess, call it... David Flair :)

...and is he the same guy on the phone to Bischoff? No

What match will get the best rating? Tag Team Unification

Guest y2gudge

Goldberg was a good choice as the enforcer for the Nash/Booker Main Event as it not only gives 'Berg something to do but it's a wCw-er not a new signee. The rest of the show was standard pre-PPV hype with good matches between Hall & Shamrock and Kanyon & Jarrett.

Predictions

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Kevin Nash vs. Booker T © - Special Enforcer at ringside: Goldberg - Can you say fourth and final member of the nWo anyone? Goldberg will join the nWo giving Nash his guaranteed reign as Champ.

WCW TAG TEAM TITLES VS. WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH

Mike Awesome and Lance Storm (Tag Team champions) vs. The Filthy Animals (Cruiserweight Tag Team champions) - Upset by The Animals as Rey & Kidman prove that Cruisers aren't inferior.

WCW HARDCORE TITLE - BATTLE ROYAL

Rob Van Dam - RVD is Number 20 and wins eliminating Funk last before Funk shakes RVD's hand, passing the 'Hardcore Torch' if you will.

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE TOURNAMENT - SEMI-FINAL MATCH

David Flair vs. Ken Shamrock - Flair has gone too far as it is and now his time is up, Shamrock tears him a new asshole to move on to the final.

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE TOURNAMENT - SEMI-FINAL MATCH

Chris Kanyon vs. Shawn Stasiak - The Stacy trick won't help this time as Kanyon has his own back up going into the match, maybe even Orton shakes his ass grabbing Stasiak's attention before The Flatliner KO's him?!

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

(If Malice or Knoble win, Knoble gets the title. If the Wall or Helms win, Helms retains)

Malice and Jamie Knoble vs. The Wall and 'Sugar' Shane Helms © - 'Sugar' Shane retains after he pins Knoble before Malice destroys Helms & The Wall.

Tie-Breakers

Who was the mystery man on the phone to Eric Bischoff? Rob Van Dam

Who will get the pin in the Cruiserweight title match? 'Sugar' Shane

Who is the 20th man in the Hardcore battle-royal?... Rob Van Dam

...and is he the same guy on the phone to Bischoff? yes

What match will get the best rating? Tag Team Unification Match

*y2gudge*

Winner: Booker T

Winners: Storm and Awesome

Winner: Shamrock

Winner: Kanyon

Winners: Helms and The Wall

Tie-Breakers

Who was the mystery man on the phone to Eric Bischoff? Rob Van Dam

Who will get the pin in the Cruiserweight title match?Helms

Who is the 20th man in the Hardcore battle-royal?...Raven

...and is he the same guy on the phone to Bischoff?No

What match will get the best rating?Tag Title Match

user posted image

Sunday 15th July 2001

user posted image

Sunday 15th July 2001

We are LIVE at the Robertson Stadium in El Paso, Texas.

Our hosts are Tony Schiavone and Jerry “the King” Lawler. Hmmm, not Mike Tenay tonight eh?

The show starts off with a video package of the recent nWo feud with DDP, Booker T, Ric Flair and Sting, showing the formation of the stable and the multiple beat-downs that ensued. We get a reminder of the funny DDP/Hall/Kimberly bathroom encounter from a few weeks back, reminding me that I must kill the cameraman for not getting a good view of Kimberly for me. This entire video only focuses on the nWo feud. Hmmm, good old WCW. The video closes with a shot of Booker T in a bloody mess with nWo standing over him, Nash holding up the World title and Goldberg standing victorious last week.

We cut to the opening pyros for the show. Wow, nice set. There’s some palms trees either side of the entrance ramp with sand all around it. The jumbotron has the ‘Bash at the Beach’ logo on it to start, but, will obviously change when the matches get under way. King and Schiavone run down the card, and we get a nice little graphic for each match. Schiavone says he can’t wait for the main event, because Nash and the nWo will get what’s coming to them. King disagrees, saying that it’s unfair Goldberg is a part of the match because he will obviously side with Booker T. They make predictions on all the matches and, of course, Schiavone bets on the faces, with King betting on all the heels. Shocking eh? Well, time for the first match!

WCW Tag Team and WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team title unification match: Lance Storm and Mike Awesome vs. the Filthy Animals

Story behind this is, Storm and Awesome don’t think there is room in the company for two sets of Tag Team champions, and Storm believes having a specific Cruiserweight Tag Team division is saying the cruiserweights cannot compete with the heavyweights. So now we have the match. The Cruisers are out first, and as soon as Storm and Awesome come out, a brawl erupts. Rey Rey, being the idiot that he is, goes after Awesome, but somehow manages to take him out with a crossbody over the top. Storm and Kidman are going at it in the ring, so I assume they will start this one. Storm and Kidman are exchanging dropkicks and armdrags here, which looks fun. Storm’s final armdrag flows into an armbar hold, which he locks in for about 30 seconds. Mysterio, who got Gorilla-pressed on the outside, is now up on the apron, cheering on his buddy. Well, Kidman manages to get a hiptoss out of the hold and quickly tags in Mysterio, who gets a dropkick, followed by a sprindboard crossbody on Storm, but the Canadian fella rolls over to his corner and tags in Mike Awesome. The commentators both agree that Mysterio is about to die. Mysterio stops for a second, but the starts to punch Awesome in the head a couple of times, knocking him back to the ropes. He tries to whip him, but Awesome grabs a hold of the top rope and then brings Mysterio towards him where he then takes his head off with a HUGE clothesline! For the next couple of minutes, we get the typical ‘big man vs. little man’ offence from Awesome, as he beats down Mysterio with little-or-no reply. Awesome signals for the end, and goes for a powerbomb, but Mysterio flops right over behind him and dropkicks him over the second rope! He calls for the ‘619’, that being the move he did last week, but Awesome gets out the way so Mysterio just spins round. He stands up and then walks right into a superkick from the now tagged in Lance Storm! The pin gets a near fall, but Kidman came in and broke it up with a kick to the head. He quickly goes back to the apron where he tries to get the crowd into the match. Storm does his funky kicking on Mysterio, and picks him up before hitting a scoop slam to put him back on the mat. A quick leg drop to Mysterio gets another near fall, and so Storm now tags Awesome back in. Awesome sends Mysterio into the ropes, but the little man ducks under him and as soon as Awesome turns round, he gets kicked in the mid-section and set up for a powerbomb. He sets him up on his shoulders and hits the ‘alley-ooop’ move that the Big Show uses. Difference is, when Show does it, his victim USUALLY doesn’t knock out the referee. Funny visual, seeing Mysterio flying off of Mike Awesome and landing right on top of Charles Robinson! Storm and Kidman take this as an opportunity to run in, and a brawl erupts with all four guys! Storm and Awesome, are driven outside where they quickly stop the attack with a low blow, followed by a shot to the head from a title belt. The then throw Mysterio and Kidman inside the ring to finish them, but to their surprise the music of O’Haire and Palumbo hits! Ha ha! The former champions run down to the ring and go toe-to-toe with Storm and Awesome, eventually getting the upper hand after stereo superkicks! O’Haire goes up top and hits the Seanton Bomb on Mike Awesome! The former champs quickly leave the ring, but not before draping Rey Mysterio over Awesome. The shake the referee to life, who starts the count…1…2…3! We’ve got new Tag Team champions! O’Haire and Palumbo grab the WCW Tag Team titles and get in the ring with the new champions…and lay them out with the belts!?! What the hell? Palumbo and O’Haire beat down the new champions, with O’Haire hitting the Cruel Intentions on Mysterio, and Palumbo laying out Kidman with the Jungle Kick! Wow, that was unforeseen. Before they go, they spit in the face of Lance Storm and Mike Awesome and place the Tag titles on top of the Animals.

Rundown

Winners and NEW Undisputed WCW Tag Team champions: the Filthy Animals (11:31)

Well, they changed the champs, so I guess they’re setting up a three-way feud, which could be pretty good I guess. And I’m also guessing, that their going to be playing of Palumbo and O’Haire as the tweeners in the this feud, which is a good role for them I think.

** - A good match, which switches the titles and sets up a further feud.

While the Animals, Storm and Awesome are leaving, we get a video package showing David Flair and Ken Shamrock’s road to the semi-finals. We see Flair’s win over both “the Boss” Bubba Rogers and Rick Steiner, and we also see Ken Shamrock’s impressive/dominant debut over Lex Luger, as well as his good match with Scott Hall last week. After highlights of both quarter-final matches are shown, se go to the ring where David Flair is coming out.

WCW United States title tournament Semi-Finals: David Flair vs. Ken Shamrock

This one is either going to be a one-sided match up with Shamrock pretty much killing David, OR, Flair will pull off the upset and REALLY piss of the UFC fans, as well as most people watching this PPV. Shamrock is out, and David looks terrified, just like he should be. Neither Schiavone nor King give him a hope in hell…that has me worried that he MIGHT just win this one. David, being the brave (see: idiot) that he is, rushes in and tries punching away at Shamrock. Shamrock stands there and no-sells everything because he is TOUGH, and then he grabs David’s hand, lifts him overhead and then drops him flat on his face. David gets to his feet, but falls right back down after a stiff kick to the jaw. Shamrock covers, but Flair kicks out at 2 and a half. Shamrock picks him up and takes him down with a northern-lights suplex, again, getting a near fall. David continues to be beaten down for a little while more. Schiavone puts over the heart of David, and King says it isn’t him being brave, more being stupid! Shamrock tosses him into the corner and charges, but Flair sidesteps him, sending him shoulder first into the ring post. Flair gets his second wind and starts to punch and kick away like a crazy man (taking tips from daddy I see) and Shamrock has to cover up before pushing David across the ring. David runs back at him, but Shamrock catches him and hits a beautiful belly-to-belly suplex. Shamrock says its time, and grabs the ankle for the Ankle Lock! Both men are screaming (Flair in pain, Shamrock for the hell of it) but Flair isn’t tapping. He’s biting his hand and pulling his hair to stop from tapping, but the pain is too much, and he taps, giving to win and the final to Shamrock! Shamrock celebrates the victory by simply raising his arms, then goes over, and in a show of sportsmanship, helps David Flair to his feet and shakes his hand.

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance to the final: Ken Shamrock (4:36)

Well, they decided to go for the squash, which I’m happy with. But I’m also happy with the way they did it. It puts Shamrock over as a ‘machine’ and it also gives David Flair something that he’s good at, playing an underdog. However, if this match was gonna be this show, why not put the final on the PPV as well?

* - Was a squash, but was a squash with a meaning.

While they’re heading to the back together, we get a brief rundown of the Jamie Knoble/Shane Helms feud, showing their clash at “The Second Coming”, the rematch and subsequent debut of Malice to help Knoble, and then the tag match with the Wall, and the beat down on Helms from Malice and Knoble.

WCW Cruiserweight title match: Malice and Jamie Knoble vs. the Wall and ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms ©

With all due respect to the Wall, I hope this is the last time I see him teaming with Helms. They just don’t look right together. Granted, they are saying that the Wall’s teaming with Helms was suppose to be a one-shot deal, but due to the way things happened, he’s been teaming up with him for a while longer. The challengers are out first, and then the Wall, followed by Helms last of all. We start off with, what else, a four-person brawl! The big guys and the little guys pair off with Malice and the Wall quickly heading outside to fight out there. Knoble and Helms square off in the ring, with Helms getting a headscissors on Knoble of an Irish-whip, followed up with a standing dropkick. Helms called for the Vertebreaker, but out of nowhere, Malice ran into the ring and took his head CLEAN OFF with a massive lariat. He then steps out onto the apron, letting Knoble do the damage for a couple of minutes. Knoble is working over Shane Helms now injured neck, and has been since being tagged in. Helms manages to fight his way out of a headlock, but goes back down in pain after a kick in the stomach, followed by a spinning neackbreaker. Knoble tags in Malice, who goes straight over to Helms and sends him off the rope, and SLAMS him down with a big spinebuster before popping right onto his feet. Helms is holding his neck. Malice thinks its time to pose, so he does. He goes to pick Helms up, but Helms tries to fights his way away from him, only for Malice to absorb it and hit another lariat. Helms tried to get to his feet, and used Malice as a ladder. Malice taunted Helms and the crowd…but turns round into a big clothesline from the Wall! The Wall goes outside and gets the crowd behind Helms. Well, that usually works. Helms starts crawling…and makes the tag! The Wall comes in and CLEANS HOUSE! The Wall is kicking ass, both Knoble and Malice are no match for him, as he takes Knoble over the top rope with a clothesline before lining Malice up and nailing a chokeslam! He makes the pin…1…2…chair shot to the head! Jamie Knoble just cracked the Wall’s skull with the chair! The ref calls for the bell as Knoble goes bezerk with the chair, nailing Helms as well with it! He then grabs Helms’ Cruiserweight title and holds in the air, proclaiming that it’s his.

Rundown

Winner by DQ: ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms and the Wall (7:23)

Well, the idea was interesting in itself, but it came off as another ‘filler-feeling’ match. Hopefully it’ll lead to a one-on-one match between Knoble and Helms in the near future.

* - Wasn’t bad, but wasn’t overly good either.

We get a video showing Chris Kanyon and Shawn Stasiak’s road to the semi-finals. We see him pinning Dustin Rhodes after blocking the Curtain Call and nailing the Flatliner. Then we see him beating Jeff Jarrett after some help from Randy and Alexis before, again, hitting the Flatliner for the win. Then we see Stasiak beat Norman Smiley thanks to Stacy Keibler’s almost naked body, and then see him beat Nick Dinsmore due to Stacy’s but being flashed in Dinsmore’s face.

WCW United States title tournament Semi-Finals: Chris Kanyon w/ Alexis and Randy vs. Shawn Stasiak w/ Stacy Keibler

Stasiak is out first, and he shows off Stacy while walking down the aisle. Lucky bastard. He sits on the rope for her to come in, and she SLOWLY climbs in, giving Stastiak a great view of her great ass. Bastard. Anyway, here comes Kanyon…oh, no new friend today. But he does have Randy and Alexis with him. He has a microphone in hand, and you can guess where this is going…

Kanyon: Hey Stacy…you know, I see why you hang around with Shawn; he’s quite a good looking guy but…well, guys…who’s betta than Kanyon?

Randy & Alexis: Nobody’s better than YOU Kanyon!

Kanyon: That’s right, and Shawn? You’re DEFINETLY not better than Kanyon, so Stacy, if you want…there’s a place for any HUGE Kanyon fan right here! Because you know, nobody better than Kanyon!

Ha ha. Stacy blushed, and seemed interested in the offer until Stasiak turned round and saw her smiling at Kanyon! She protested, claiming her innocence, and while he was busy with Stacy, Kanyon jumped him from behind! He started pounding away at his back before sending him into the ropes before grabbing him and slamming him down with a tilt-a-whirl-slam. Kanyon then gave his ‘supporters’ a thumbs up, which they returned with big cheesy grins! Kanyon went to work on Stasiak, landing a couple of perfect suplexes and after each one, shooting a look at the three people ringside. Stacy didn’t know how to respond to Kanyon, so she just turned away each time. Kanyon tried to hit a scoop slam, but Stasiak rolled out the back and rolled him up with a handful of tights for a near fall. Stasiak and Kanyon looked at one another, and Kanyon congratulated him for the move. Stasiak was rather upset with Kanyon’s taunting of him. The two lock-up, with Stasiak grabbing a headlock. Kanyon tries to bounce him off the ropes, but Stasiak just drops and holds it in tight. Kanyon tries to wriggle free, and manages to roll Stasiak on to his back about 4 times for 4 near falls before Stasiak released the hold and dropped and quick elbow on Kanyon’s neck…before locking in the headlock again. He holds it in, but Kanyon forces him to his feet where he hits a backdrop! Both men are down (why Kanyon is down I’m not 100% sure) and Stacy starts pounding on the apron to get Stasiak to wake up. So, to annoy her, both Randy and Alexis do the same, garnering a “Kanyon” chant in the process! Both get to their feet at the same time and the two exchange right hands before Kanyon takes advantage, and sends him across the ring, but ducks down and gets kicked in the stomach. Stasiak signals for a clothesline, but accidentally nails the referee as Kanyon again ducks! Hmmm, will Stacy, Randy or Alexis interfere? Kanyon low blows Stasiak in the ring and hits the Flatliner, making the cover, but of course, we’re referee-less. Stacy gets onto the apron and flashes her ass at Stacy. Kanyon looks at her, then at Alexis, then at Stacy, then back at Alexis, and then nods at his lady-fan. Alexis gets in the ring, runs at the opposite rope to Stacy…and hits a dropkick knocking her off the apron! Randy then goes in the ring, and after Kanyon picks up Stasiak, the two hit a double Flatliner! Randy and Alexis vacate the ring and Kanyon makes the pin JUST as the ref wakes up…1…2…3! Kanyon vs. Shamrock tomorrow night! Yay!

Rundown

Winner and wrestler to advance to the final: Chris Kanyon (9:34)

Seriously; the title match on Nitro could be awesome, but we’ll have to wait and see. All five people did good; granted, only two were in the ring, but the gimmick they’ve got for Kanyon is so good, it could work PERFECTLY if he were a heel or a face.

** - Good match…and I’m to excited about the Shamrock/Kanyon match tomorrow to say much else.

We get a little “history of the Hardcore title” video, showing some title matches and title changes, highlighting all the former champions. Shockingly (or not), they don’t show Haku/Meng once.

WCW Hardcore title: 20-man, over the top rope battle-royal

Now it’s time for the Hardcore title match. We get told the rules of the match, and they totally contradict what we were told in the build-up to the show. There are some chairs, Singapore canes, fire extinguishers, trash cans (and lids), the ring bell (oh, A ring bell…huh?) and a table. Schiavone then says that the final two will wrestle for the belt. Ok, good work WCW for changing the rules without telling anyone AND not even mentioning the rule change. Good job. This should be…um, interesting. First off, let’s run through the ANNOUNCED participants shall we?

Shannon Moore, Evan Karagias, Guido Maritito, Johnny the Bull, Tony Mamaluke, Big Vito, Nick Dinsmore, Reno, Rick Steiner, “the Boss” Bubba Rogers, Mark Jindrak, Dustin Rhodes, Dill DeMott, Norman Smiley, Yang and Kaz Hayashi. So, there are the announced 16, and most (except for the FBI) were already out during the video package. So, out comes our first unannounced participant, and it’s the Road Dogg! Well, BG James if you will. He has some generic rock music for his entrance, but is still dressing like he did when he was a (early) New Age Outlaw. Up next, is Terry Funk. He gets a very good reaction from the crowd of course, and he seems to be doing his ‘crazy old hardcore man’ routine. Next, and the crowd goes crazy for him, is Tommy Dreamer! And he has a Singapore cane with him! BIG “ECW” chant goes up for him of course. 19 down, 1 to go, and nobody outside of WCW knows who this is. Well, I don’t anyway. It’s…R…V…D! YAY! He has some generic-ish sounding music, but is in typical “RVD” mode. The other 19 get in the ring before RVD can get there, and Yang is the first to go (00:09), courtesy of a Dreamer-cane shot. His buddy Kaz is next (00:18), suffering the same fate. Karagias and Jindrak are out together (01:56) from a clothesline over the top from Johnny the Bull, who then gets dumped (02:11) by Terry Funk! That’s 5 down in just over 2 minutes. Dreamer goes nuts and starts whacking more people with the cane, sending Shannon Moore running like a girl over the top rope (03:45), ripping off the Drew Carey spot from this years Royal Rumble. This was funnier mind you. RVD hits a feint/kick on Funk before getting tossed over the top rope by Rick Steiner. However, and thankfully, Van Dam hung on and landed on the apron. He then grabbed Steiner, slammed him into the turnbuckle, and sidekicked him over the top (04:23) for our 6th elimination. Guido (04:45) and Jindrak (05:11) are dumped by Funk after he beat them both up, only to get crushed by the Mamalukes, who hit a double-powerbomb on the pensioner before the Bull gorilla-pressed him over the top (06:01). Funk isn’t finished though, as he goes CRAZY and runs into the ring with a steel chair in hand, laying out the three remaining members of the FBI, Reno, Dinsmore, DeMott and Rhodes before getting a fire-extinguisher in the face from Rogers, who gets rid of him. “The Boss” then grabs Tony Mamaluke (07:23) and throws him out, followed by Reno (07:45), but not Dinsmore. He grabs the ropes, low blows him, grabs a chair, smacks him over the head and then drop kicks him out (08:03)! We’ve got the Mamalukes, Bill DeMott, Nick Dinsmore, Tommy Dreamer, BG James and RVD left. DeMott gets dumped (08:58) after the punchy-combo thing from BG send him flying. BG and DeMott team up to chair shot the crap out of the Mamalukes (09:34) sending both out with stereo-chairshots before BG James whacks DeMott in the back of the head and sends him over with a clothesline (09:56). Dinsmore and RVD are going at it, and Van Dam manages to get the monkey-flip out the corner, and as soon as he gets to his feet, grabs a hold of his head and tosses him over! But Dinsmore has grabbed the ropes, so RVD runs to the other side of the ring and hits a baseball slide to the back of Dinsmore’s head, making him just drop (11:09)! Smiley gets a Spicolli Driver on a chair for his trouble before being tossed out (11:11). Three-way brawl erupts, as BG dodges an RVD kick and hits the pumphandle slam, before Dreamer comes out of nowhere and sends him over the top (12:32)! RVD vs. Tommy Dreamer…I like it. A ref from the outside comes in. Some crazy-ass brawling from Dreamer, and some nutty flying around from RVD gets the crowd into a frenzy and a crazed “ECW” chant. Dreamer sends RVD into the corner, and he hops onto the second rope and hits a martial arts kick! He then hits some rolling thunder before going to the top rope for the Five Star Frog Spl…he misses! Dreamer rolls him up for a near fall, before picking him up and whacking him in the head with a Singapore cane for another near fall. He then grabs a chair and waits for RVD to get up. Van Dam is slow to stand, but when he does, Dreamer swings with the chair! RVD ducks…Van Daminator! Straight to the face! He makes the cover…1…2…3! RVD is the Hardcore champ! He goes to the turnbuckles, does his stuff before heading to the back.

Rundown

Winner and NEW Hardcore champion: Rob Van Dam (15:54)

When the longest match out of five so far is a battle-royal, something is wrong. Anyway, it was a very good match (for a battle-royal), and some spots were pretty cool.

** ½ - For the fun value of seeing people hit with weapons.

Almost match time, as we have a highlight package of the nWo’s actions of late. We see numerous beat downs, the debut of Triple H, the six-man tag on Nitro, and the appointment of Goldberg as the enforcer. We then go to the back with Pamela Paulshock (she has a job?) who’s with Booker T.

Paulshock: Booker T; are you at all worried about the possibility of either Triple H or Scott Hall interfering in your World title match with Kevin Nash in just a few minutes?

Booker: You’re asking me if I’m worried about the nWo? My answer; yes, of course I am! Nash, Hall and H are a pack of dogs, and they ain’t gonna stop at NOTHING to get MY belt and take over the WCW. But you know what Pamela? Eric Bischoff appointed Goldberg to enforce the match, and I know that he hates the nWo as much as everyone else, so he will make sure they are kept out of the match. So Nash, Hall, H? Tonight you see that Booker T is for real, because Kevin Nash is gonna see my boot in his stomach before I drop my leg over his head! After that, I’m gonna hit THE best move in sports entertainment; the spinarooni! Then I’m gonna stand up, wait for you to get your stupid 7-foot frame standing, then I will end it all with the Book End for the 1…2…3! Now can you dig that…SUCKA!?!

Booker walks off, and it’s ON!

WCW World Heavyweight title match: Kevin Nash vs. Booker T ©

Special Enforcer – Bill Goldberg

Goldberg comes out first in street clothes and stands on the outside as the nWo music hits. All three come out together, but Nash tells them to go to the back. They do the nWo handshake before Trips and Hall head to the back, leaving Nash to go to the ring and shout at Goldberg. Booker’s music hits, but nobody comes out. Nash asks the ref where he is…and gets jumped from behind by Booker! Booker pounds on Nash from behind who pushes him off, only for Booker to start over again with some more pounding. Again, Nash pushes him off, but Booker’s attempts to charge back are met with a big boot. Nash tries to go for the Jacknife early on, but Booker fights out of it and gets in a stomach kick in, runs to the ropes…and walks into a sidewalk slam. Nash, being Nash, takes a minute to get to his feet before standing around waiting for Booker to come over to him. He picks him up by the throat, and quickly throws him down when Goldberg gets up on the apron to a big pop. Nash then picks up Booker again and throws him into the turnbuckle. Hits a couple of elbows and knees before lining up the final “killer” blow, but Booker blocks it and fights his way out of the corner with a variation of punches and chops. He whips Nash off the ropes and hits the Harlem sidekick for a near fall! He goes to pick him up again, but Nash starts firing off a couple of shots to the mid-section and takes Booker down with a powerslam. He goes over to the corner to catch his breath because, you know, we’re passed the 5-minute mark, so Nash is worn out. We get a rest here for both guys, as Nash goes to untie the turnbuckle padding. Goldberg gets in the ring and shoves Nash away! Nash goes to hit him, but decides against it, as he’ll be disqualified. Booker comes from nowhere and rolls him up for another near-fall as Goldberg puts the turnbuckle pad back on. Nash gets up and clotheslines him back down, as he complains to the referee about Goldberg. The ref ignores him, as he blocks a punch from Booker and throws him into the corner. Nash again unties the turnbuckle padding, but then steps out as the referee goes to tie it back up. He then whips Booker T into the ref, squishing him in the corner! He looks shocked, and pleads innocent, but then clotheslines Booker T, squishing the ref AGAIN! Queue the nWo! As soon as the ref goes down, Triple H and Scott Hall start to walk out. Meanwhile Booker has Nash going out of the corner and ducks a clothesline to hit the Book End! He makes the cover, but there’s no ref, thus no count. Goldberg looks around, and then heads into the ring. As soon as his hand goes down the first time, Hall and Triple H rush into the ring! Because of this, Goldberg stops the count and goes to deal with Hall and H, as does Booker. They fight the nWo up the aisle, and with Hall out from a Harlem sidekick; Booker leaves Goldberg to deal with Triple H and returns to the ring. Booker waits for Nash to get up…and hits the Axe Kick! Wait! Wait a minute! SHAWN MICHAELS JUST SUPERKICKED BOOKER T!!! SHAWN MICHAELS! My god! Michaels drapes Nash over Booker T, just as the ref recovers…1…2…3! Nash wins the belt! Oh my god! Goldberg heads towards the ring to find out what happened, but doesn’t see Michaels under the ring. Damn, Michaels in WCW? Who would’ve thunk it. Nash gets up, and Goldberg reluctantly hands him the title…and gets jumped from behind by Hall and Triple H! As they are beating him down, Michaels climbs into the ring to a HUGE pop and directs traffic, as the nWo beat up and down Booker and Goldberg. DDP runs down with a chair to try and make the save, and the nWo get out of the ring, damage done, and with the World title in the camp. The commentators talk about the ramifications of this night, as the Bash ends.

Rundown

Winner and NEW World Heavyweight champion: Kevin Nash (17:43)

Well…what can I say? Just like the Nitro on June 11th when Triple H made his debut; nobody saw it coming, and the EXACT same can be said for Shawn Michael’s debut. The nWo has just become the real life ‘kliq’ now, with four members here in the group. I guess this IS the real nWo now.

* ½ - The match was the typical boring Kevin Nash match, but the ending was great

Show Rundown

An entirely forgettable show EXCEPT…for the main event’s ending. SO unexpected, and SO unforeseen. People were talking about a new member of the nWo, but people expected Scott Steiner, maybe Curt Hennig. I recommend the show PURELY for the main event. Much like 5 years ago at the same event, we get a history making main event. How the fuck did they get Shawn Michaels in WCW?

Holy shit! HBK! I knew it was him. HBK in the nWo is fucking awesome even though he couldn't wrestle in 2001. The explanation for him leaving the WWF is quite simple too since at the time he was in the doghouse. Plus Kevin Nash as the World Champion is fucking great. Now we can get maybe Goldy/Nash, HHH/Booker maybe? And you got DDP/Hall so that's three big matches for the next PPV. Depending where Booker/Goldy go. All you need is X-Pac and you got yourself The Clique :D Though I could see a six men tag match at the next PPV or something.

Other stuff was good, Didn't expect Van Dam showing up and don't mind him since you're trying to change WCW. Kanyon/Shamrock should be killer. I'm hoping for a Kanyon win but you gotta make Shammy look good and you have since he debuted. O'Haire/Palumbo's turn or tweenerish actions are good. It works well too since Storm/Awesome are the heels and Rey/Kidman are the faces. So far you've done a great job of making the events in your diary memorable. HHH's debut and HBK's debut were very well done and quite shocking.

Keep up the awesome work :thumbsup:

Finally got on and just checked the show, and...

Shocking win for the Filthy Animals in the opener, very surprised about that. Could have been the right thing to do, but you certainly have to work it well. I cant see them holding the titles for too long though, bring Konnan in sometime down the line.

Hate seeing Flair lose to Shamrock, but I could never see him winning this one. In reality yes, in a diary I cant see many people allowing it. He certainly needs to keep in midcard area though, probably around the hardcore title which I'll come to in a little while. Simple midcard filler match here though and it seemed like it was just to put Shamrock over.

Well Knoble went over that's for sure, not too sure about the ending though. Kind of works, but couldn't see it happening much in like a Cruiserweight Title match. Either way good to keep the title on Helms and maybe let this feud run a little longer.

Best decision of having Kanyon win, and he HAS to go over Shamrock. Fuck Shamrock, he's nothing compared to Kanyon. You have to let Kanyon take the title and make turn Shamrock heel as he beats Kanyon down after the match, or just have Kanyon as a classic heel. Either way good match for the PPV here with Stasiak/Kanyon.

In diarys there nearly always has to be critism(sp?). It sometime's sounds bad, but in all honesty it's only to try and help the writter. For me bringing in RVD and Tommy were meh decisions. It so puts me off the Hardcore title now as well. I just cant imagine RVD and Dreamer in WCW, it just wouldn't seem right. I would have much prefered a classic WCW guy to take the title, but nevermind as after all this is your diary :blush:

Now the main event, hmmmm. I loved the idea of the main event, but I hate the idea of bringing in Michaels. Once again it just seems not like WCW, it just honestly doesn't. Up until he showed up the match was damn fine and could have turned out to certainly be a damn good match.

Overall the show WASN'T bad at all. It was well written, yet the only problem I see is the signing of guys. I'm just fearing that your going to go into such unrealism and change WCW way too much. The signings of RVD, Dreamer, HHH and HBK just seem to unreal at times. I could certainly imagine one of them, but I cant handle it being so many more. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen in real life, but it would be a long shot. Sure a diary is about changing things, but you always nearly want a realistic diary if you ask me. The diary is damn good and that's why it's like the only diary I read so I'm not saying that, I'm just saying the signings I disagree with. Other than that I'd give the show a rating of 7.5/10, which is pretty damn high. Mainly because at most parts(Minus the last two match's), it was pretty much realism and how WCW usually was. Good stuff and I look forward to Nitro :)

In diarys there nearly always has to be critism(sp?). It sometime's sounds bad, but in all honesty it's only to try and help the writter. For me bringing in RVD and Tommy were meh decisions. It so puts me off the Hardcore title now as well. I just cant imagine RVD and Dreamer in WCW, it just wouldn't seem right. I would have much prefered a classic WCW guy to take the title, but nevermind as after all this is your diary  :blush:

RVD used to be in WCW years ago for a short while before he signed with ECW. He was known in WCW as Robbie V.

Its been a pretty good diary so far though bringing in Michaels has sorta put me off it a bit. Never was an HBK mark. Though I kinda see where you are going with this and it makes sense. They are the Kliq after all. Another thing that I wasn't too thrilled at was bringing in Randy 'I am soooo over rated' Orton. Even though he was brought in as a cheer leader for Kanyon I still don't like the idea of him being there.

All in all though, it has been a pretty damn good diary.

Prediction Results

y2gudge - 8/11

Baby Hewey - 7/11

JohnnyPerfect - 6/11

GCCWolverine - 6/11

VA Finest 1 - 5/11

Mysterio 2000X - 4/11

Protoman Version 2.5 - 3/11

So, y2gudge wins the competition! I'll PM you to discuss some sorta prize.

The guy on the phone was Shawn Michaels, therefore not the 20th man in the Hardcore title match. The Tag Team title match got the best rating, and nobody got the pin in the Cruiserweight title match. :D

BTW, can anyone tell me why HBK was in the doghouse? I remember that he WAS, but I can't remember WHY.

Also, I AM trying to change WCW, but keep some things "the same" as it were, at the same time. I could see RVD in WCW, especially after ECW folded. Same for Tommy Dreamer, but with RVD, he was apparently headed there anyway until WCW folded as well.

TMM, Shawn Michaels was in the doghouse because of bad conduct, iirc. He was supposed to have a role in the HHH/Undertaker match at Wrestlemania X-7, and had to be at the Smackdown before the event. Unfortunately for him, HBK showed up in "no condition to perform". He was in the bad books from then on.

Guest Smokey McPott

Long time reader, first time poster.

Anyhow, that was a well written pay per view, and an entertaining read. However, like a few others, I didn't like HBK joining the nWo. I didn't like HHH joining the nWo. Fact is, they really just don't "fit" in wCw. Ya'know what I mean? Admittadly, it should make for some interesting storylines, but I'm still kinda against bringing them in.

Same goes for Tommy Dreamer. Not a Dreamer fan myself, but I can't really see him in WCW. RVD though, that's another story. If used correctly, he's an aweosme addition to the roster. Maybe a US title feud with Kanyon?

I like Nash as champion. Awesome.

This is one of my favourite diaries at the moment, and even though I don't like a lot of the signings you've made (Shamrock, Dreamer, HHH, HBK) I think it's a great read. Nice work, dude.