Mock the Week

FireDoughnut

The show was great last week, surprisingly so since everyone said without Frankie it wouldn't be as good. I thought the regulars all did well, including Andy, and Milton Jones was brilliant. I like Patrick Kielty as well...but have forgotten the guest from Russell & Andy's team.

I know I never bought it and nor did anyone else, but I was still annoyed at Andy Parsons' DVD saying "Britain's foremost political comedian" on the cover.

His comedy style is political?! The only joke I ever really remember him saying is "Do wut? Innit. Nim nim nim", that was him fucking up anyway.

So far, sans Frankie...it's been less funny, but it's been nice to see everybody get more material in/all the guests having a chance to be funny.

How has Scenes We'd Like To See been? I didn't mind Frankie dominating that so much, but at times it was like "Jesus Frankie, fuck off and let David Mitchell be funny for a bit"

The show was great last week, surprisingly so since everyone said without Frankie it wouldn't be as good. I thought the regulars all did well, including Andy, and Milton Jones was brilliant. I like Patrick Kielty as well...but have forgotten the guest from Russell & Andy's team.

Yeah who was that other guest with the black hair? I remember him being on before and sucking then as well.

Just looked it up and it was Mark Watson from those Cider adverts. He's not bad usually but he can't have been that good last week for me to forget him altogether!

Liked it this week, maybe not quite as good as last week but then I've never been a fan of Sarah Millican or Chris Addison.

I hate Mark Watson. Seriously, he rivals Gina Yashere in terms of shitness.

Sarah Millican is annoying. I love Chris Addison though.

On another panel show related note, I wish QI would stop having Jo Brand on every 2nd episode. I've not been enjoying this series as much so far but I've just finished watching the episode with Hugh Dennis and Andy Hamilton which was fantastic. Just about to watch the most recent but eurgh Jo Brand.

Is Milton the weird off-key one? It's always weird to have the other guys stand up and tell a story in a funny way, then for him to come on and just reel off a bunch of one-liner "gags", but he's pretty good.

He is. He's similar to Stewart Francis in that respect as his style stands out ridiculously from everyone else, which I see as a welcome change from the regulars.

I managed to see Stewart Lee and Stewart Francis in standup in the space of a week last year, there must have been about 1000% more punchlines in Francis' set. Different styles = good.

Apparently Milton Jones has a DVD. I was completely unaware of this.

That said, I've still got Ed Byrne and Rhod Gilbert's latest DVDs to get before I consider anyone else's.

The Rhod Gilbert DVD is one of the best live stand ups I have ever seen. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I also never noticed until a few weeks ago that he was the guy on the advert advertising Wales.

I heard the Russell Howard was not on this weeks show. Any word on where he was?

Jesus Christ...she was less funny too. How the hell do you manage that?

A shit one tonight...Russell had a pretty good episode though...but as a whole, a shitty one, 2 weak guests.

Edited by YI