Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

All I'm saying is that I need to find ONE of them that'll fit into a cannon. It's not much to ask. <_<

In the meantime, a Liverpool clean sheet would be nice. Much as I like Villa, I'd prefer they keep their goals to teams who don't include two of my fantasy football defenders.

Ah well.

Up the Villa.

Decent performance.

Have your set pieces been up to much this season? Last year you seemed to be scoring loads off them, and I can't work out whether we did really well to stop you or they just weren't very good.

Not as good, but still good. You did really well stopping them, stopping Laursen and Carew in their tracks a couple of times. But as you saw, when Laursen does get free, there's danger.

What you think of the 'pool performance?

It was fairly average, but then I expected us to lose before the game given our recent performances. We had some good chances, Keane should have scored and I think if he'd got that chance with a couple of goals already scored then he would've put it away. Defensively we were superb though, Arbeloa especially handled Young superbly and Carew's chance aside we didn't really look threatened at all. We need to improve before the Mancs though.