Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I am a Man United fan but it is true that Sir Alex bitches and moans about almost every decision that said it was kind of weird how Benitez just decided to burst...it will be interesting to see how the two clubs will respond and if Liverpool will do a Newcastle(Although Kevin Keegan is nowhere near Rafa's league).

Also I dont think anyone expects a team to keep on winning the league every year, United have won it for the last two years and I had a feeling in the beginning of the season that we won't win the league this season but I still hope we can because we definitely have the quality.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry for the (nearly) double post, but on Football Focus, Mark Lawrenson of all people just accused Rafa's rant of "trying to be funny in the middle and failing miserably". Bwaha. Pot. Kettle.

I was just about to mention that actually.

At the end of it, what was all that thing about Mark Lawrenson's moustache? I came back from the kitchen halfway through some feature where they were going on about it and showing old footage.

I think Benitez had a very valid point, and it was hardly expressed as a rant like Sky Sports News have been saying.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry for the (nearly) double post, but on Football Focus, Mark Lawrenson of all people just accused Rafa's rant of "trying to be funny in the middle and failing miserably". Bwaha. Pot. Kettle.

I was just about to mention that actually.

At the end of it, what was all that thing about Mark Lawrenson's moustache? I came back from the kitchen halfway through some feature where they were going on about it and showing old footage.

I think Benitez had a very valid point, and it was hardly expressed as a rant like Sky Sports News have been saying.

There's been a book published called "Who's Who in 2009" with all the big stars in it. Daniel Craig was mentioned. Anyway.... somehow Lawro got put in there.

Don't they have undersoil heating? I can understand the lower division sides not being able to beat the weather and even SPL sides to an extent, but this is the frigging Premier League we're talking about here, seen all over the world and getting paid silly money for TV rights amongst other things and they can't get undersoil heating or undersoil heating that works properly?

Or maybe I'm just mad cause the Portsmouth game is the doubler in the EWBookie. I dunno. >_>

I love Rafa. You can tell he's been holding this in for sometime, anyone comparing this to Keegan's breakdown is either stupid or has never actually seen the Keegan interview. One was a brainmelt of epic proportions, the other is a calculated statement with an obvious intent. Everything about that press conference was planned from the moment Rafa walked in there, even calling Ferguson Mr instead of Sir. I don't believe this is Rafa's attempts to enter mind games with Ferguson, I think it's an attempt to get referees and the FA to scrutinise Man Utd more carefully. Especially tomorrow, everyone will be watching to see how long it takes for Ferguson or a member of his staff to start chipping away at the referee - and if they do, the FA will be under pressure to do something about it. He's also taken the spotlight of the players. Instead of 48 hours worth of wondering how Gerrard will do with his upcoming court case, or how well Torres 'needs to do' to keep us at the top of the table, everyone's talking about Rafa. Mourinho used to do this all the time and was hailed as a genius.

I also thought undersoil heating was a requirement before the club is allowed into the Premiership, but Fratton Park doesn't have it, so obviously it isn't. Unless the requirement was only introduced after 2003 and thus didn't apply to Pompey.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I also thought undersoil heating was a requirement before the club is allowed into the Premiership, but Fratton Park doesn't have it, so obviously it isn't.

I thought they had to show they had plans in place to introduce it... I thought putting it in place was part of the reason Fulham went to Loftus Road for a year or 2.

I also thought undersoil heating was a requirement before the club is allowed into the Premiership, but Fratton Park doesn't have it, so obviously it isn't.

I thought they had to show they had plans in place to introduce it... I thought putting it in place was part of the reason Fulham went to Loftus Road for a year or 2.

They were there 2 years because they decided Craven Cottage was too small and not worth redeveloping. So they were looking o go somewhere new. Then Al Fayed decided to pour his money into suing the Queen (or something) so they just redeveloped he Cottage by adding some seats.

Ugh... Arsenal score another late goal. Not sure why I don't like Arsenal this season, but I don't :shifty:

:angry:

Well I dont like you either then.

Only joking... ^_^

:crying:

^_^

I think it's just cos I want Villa to qualify for the CL and am becoming annoyed at Wenger's refusal to do what's right (in terms of transfers) just because the media are suggesting it.

Has Fergie responded to Rafa yet, or has he gone into hiding with his tail between his legs?