Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Middlesbrough have been absolutely dire for a couple of months. Until they beat West Ham in the cup they were barely scoring, so they'll be hoping that result and the win over Liverpool are enough to turn them around. I'm not even sure their problem is consistency as much as it was terrible form for a while. I still think they're going down, though.

th_untitled-1.jpg

I'm happy enough with that. I can seen a few nerves for Arsenal going into the last few games with Everton just behind them. Sunderland (my team) are round about where I expect them to be, and I think the three teams in the relegation spots are all in danger of it. I may have overrated Wigan (especially them, actually), Hull and Stoke, and underestimated Newcastle, however.

EDIT: Bah, fucking image. Anyway, the table was:

1. Man Utd - 96

2. Liverpool - 84

3. Chelsea - 80

4. Aston Villa - 75

5. Arsenal - 67

6. Everton - 64

7. Man City - 51

8. West Ham - 49

9. Wigan - 47

10. Tottenham - 45

11. Sunderland - 45

12. Fulham - 42

13. Blackburn - 42

14. Stoke - 41

15. Hull - 40

16. Bolton - 39

17. Newcastle - 36

18. Portsmouth - 36

19. Middlesbrough - 33

20. West Brom - 24

Edited by FlatDoughnut

Oh yeah, I forgot about your problems. Ahh well.

I think our lack of depth is really beginning to tell. We outplayed Hull for 90 minutes at home, switched off at the end and let in a goal, and we tired in the second half against Blackburn and didn't hold onto our lead. Continuity in the side is good, but it seems the players are tired. Plus, we really need to start taking our chances.

• Admin

Tough to say - your lot were dominant in the first half, but we were vastly improved in the second. Schwarzer made some great stops, so did Robbo at the end.

I wouldn't of complained if it had ended a draw given the balance of play, but obviously I'll take the win! :P