Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Why. WHY didn't I watch this game? :(

But in any case: Hell Yes! Bear in mind that I hold no preference over Liverpool or Man United, so either of them dropping points to potentially allow Chelsea up to at least 2nd is most excellent. >_>

Edit: ...Though I'd have preferred it when the score was 4-3 to Arsenal. Damn.

Edited by stokeriño

Without Arsharvin or Fabianski Arsenal woul'dve been routed. Poor defensive performance from us. Draw not optimum but it'll do.

What a night...what a fucking game.

When Arsenal scored I texted my Liverpool supporting mate that you're gonna win and then Arshavin morphs into superman!.

Arshavin is one hell of a player this is probably the first time I have watched him closely and his finishing blew me away, United HAVE to take advantage of this tommorow!

Liverpool were amazing, I cant believe it. Its going to be hard for us to even win the league now, I know its still mathematically possible, and I hope Man U slip up. But we hammered Arsenal in that game, but that lad, Arshavin took the goals well. But its our own fault for conceeding, it was more individual players that were at fault. But great match, but if only...

Liverpool's defence were shocking, Masch didn't provide enough cover and Jamie Carragher wanted to get forward too much. A point keeps the race alive but makes it harder, Utd must lose twice now (or fail to win 3 times(, rather than not win twice.

The last couple of games should put to bed this myth that we only win games because of our defence. They've cost us time and time again this season, and have completely undone the work we do in attack. All of Arsenal's goals were preventable, and we shouldn't have been in the position to let them break on us like that.

I think Arbeloa had a shocker today. Masch wasn't much better. Both sides were poor defensively. Hull and Newcastle next. I'm not sure if I should be happy or worry. If we play like we have against better sides, we'll win, if not we'll draw 0-0. Which we can't really afford.

Good stuff. I would have preferred Liverpool to win but I'm really enjoying the current trend of football matches just seemingly turning into ice hockey games. Both teams defences had nightmares, but it made it a good game for the neutral.

Didn't see the game but it sounds like a bloody cracker. Arshavin, the new Gunners hero, fuck my new hero :wub:

Usual Liverpool grabbing a last minute goal, thought Arsenal had it won when I see 3-4, but a draw is still a lovely result for us. I think United/Arsenal will be the big decider, if we can snatch a win in that game, hopefully the title is ours.

I wonder why we weren't constantly reminded of whoever the last away player was to score 4 goals at Anfield.

I don't know, I just thought they'd have mentioned it.

Probably because it wasn't that long ago. Although it was an Arsenal player. Baptista scored 4 there in the League Cup when Arsenal won 6-3 two years ago.

I looked it up after he scored 3 because I thought a hattrick away against Liverpool was pretty special. If we're talking league games only the last to score a hattrick was Peter Ndlovu in (I think) 1993.