Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Managers should always congratulate their opposite number. It's bad form and ungentlemanly not to. Liverpool fans would slag off Fergie if next season Liverpool win the league and Ferguson doesn't congratulate Benitez.

I wouldn't really give a shit. We don't like Ferguson, he knows it, he doesn't like us and we know it. I'd cringe if Rafa came out and said well done to him specifically, joining in with the rest of the Ferguson arse lickers.

Your example doesn't really work because I seriously doubt there was the same level of bad blood and slanging in the press as there has been between Man Utd and Liverpool this season.

Edited by therockbox

Yeah, if you see your opponent face to face, shake their hand. Congratulate them.

On a tv interview, there is no need to focus on specifically on one person. He congratulated Man U, Ferguson is a part of Man U.

Otherwise he'd be there for 20 players congratulating the entire coaching and playing staff, the board of directors, the Old Trafford Stewards etc, etc.

Yeah, if you see your opponent face to face, shake their hand. Congratulate them.

On a tv interview, there is no need to focus on specifically on one person. He congratulated Man U, Ferguson is a part of Man U.

Otherwise he'd be there for 20 players congratulating the entire coaching and playing staff, the board of directors, the Old Trafford Stewards etc, etc.

Those stewards had a bloody good season! :crying:

I actually knew that (although I thought it was black belt, for some reason).

And I heard today that Wolves want to buy Jermaine Beckford off us to play in the Premiership next season. Not sure how true it is but 1) Do Wolves need more strikers? and 2) As if Beckford will be good enough in Prem, he has the first touch of a rapist.

Wolves are apparently after Sean Davis and Oguchi Onyewu too, who we had at Newcastle on loan and he was average to bad. Hopefully they won't sign him, I'd like them to do well next season.

Edited by Ben E.

Isn't Onyewu an American international though? And it doesn't mean he'll be rubbish this time around, remember Albert Riera? Crap at Man City a couple of years ago but has been good for Liverpool this season.

Wait, THE American national team? The same American national team that also includes the world famous Brian Ching?

Who? My point was that the USA generally are a decent side on the international stage, and Onyewu has like, 40 caps.

Then again, England are considered 'good', yet Ashley Cole has loads of caps, and he's appalling.

I heard that Man Utd may be playing their fifth choice keeper against Hull at the weekend. :lol: Ben Amos, who was just ahead of our new back-up keeper in the Man Utd pecking order.

I'm beginning to gain confidence that I will be seeing Newcastle United at the Keepmoat next season :D

I'm fairly certain Kuszczak will play in goal.

He's injured or something I think. I definitely heard they were playing their 4th choice keeper, dunno what happened to him to make them play their fifth choice though.

Tom Heaton is fourth choice and is apparently injured now as well as Foster, Van Der Sar & Kusczak are allegedly being rested, they don't want to have to play Amos in the event that Van Der Sar goes down during the game against Barca so Kusczak is being rested too.

Apparently, anyway.

I don't think any fuss should be made over whether we play our kids or not because Newcastle and Boro had 40 odd games to save themselves why should Man United risk the Champions League final to help them? besides I don't mean to sound arrogant but I firmly believe that our reserves are good enough to beat Hull..they held Everton for 120 minutes, won several matches in the Carling and FA Cup.

Kuzkzack

Fabio Evans Ferdinand G.Neville

Tosic Fletcher Gibson Nani

Welbeck Macheda

That's a team good enough to beat Hull in my opinion

Amos in goal? That should be interesting. Should make for a fun game now, Hull have got every chance to give us a battle and hopefully they do to finish the season on a high. Hopefully we get to see a few of the youngsters get a run out, certainly Fabio if he's back to fitness.

Oh and not to do with the Premiership, but Cannavaro is leaving Madrid and going back to Juve. Looking forward to seeing the reaction from the fans after he was one of the main players that walked out after the scandal. That said, huge boost for the team, although they need to replace Ranieri with someone decent (not fucking Ferrarer).