Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Never cried so much at the end of a football match and I am not even a Newcastle/Boro/WBA fan! The legend that is tugay retired today, and the club made a special video for him, made him captain, subbed him off in the 89th minute so we could all give him a huge send off and then let him come onto the pitch by himself at the end and do a lap of honour. One of the most professional and loyal players I have ever seen play for us. Really sad to see him go.

Man Utd team for the game against Hull:

Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Neville, Brown, De Laet, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Welbeck, Martin, Macheda.

Subs: Amos, Tosic, Possebon, Eckersley, Corry Evans, Drinkwater, James.

Hull should be able to get something out of this IMO.

Man Utd team for the game against Hull:

Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Neville, Brown, De Laet, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Welbeck, Martin, Macheda.

Subs: Amos, Tosic, Possebon, Eckersley, Corry Evans, Drinkwater, James.

Hull should be able to get something out of this IMO.

Well done captain history.

I was there when Newcastle left the Prem.

Ohh what a day.

Singing to O'Neill, asking for a wave, he does so. Sing the same to Shearer - he does so! So we all changed Shearer's name. Someone had to, Geordie boys had gone quiet.. ; )

It'll be weird without 'em.. but they showed no fight, disgusting really.

Ohh what a day.

Why do you have to test our friendship like this? :(

20/1 for all four of them to lose apparantly.

Who's giving those odds?

Edit: n/m, found them on William Hill.

*puts on a tenner*

Thanks for posting that. I put a fiver on it yesterday morning, cheered my day up.

Guest Some Daft Punk

Ohh what a day.

Singing to O'Neill, asking for a wave, he does so. Sing the same to Shearer - he does so! So we all changed Shearer's name. Someone had to, Geordie boys had gone quiet.. ; )

It'll be weird without 'em.. but they showed no fight, disgusting really.

On a related note, here's Alan Shearer's Facebook page:

facebookshearer.jpg

Neville for England? Terrible call. I love the guy and all but he's aged so much this season and in terms of defence, doesn't seem to have much left in him. He struggled yesterday against Hull and has struggled for the majority of the season really. Great in his days but really shouldn't be getting called up to play for England, because there's a hand full of players who could do the job better than him right now.

To be honest, as much of a twat as he is, he's still got a great defender's mind on him. If he can impart some of his former talents on the other betters, then good. Let him be about. It's not like he'll definitely play or anything and, in all kindness to the other teams, it's Kazakhstan and Andorra. I think we should get a victory or two over them :shifty:

A bit of a surprise, but not by any means an upsetting one.

I didn't know the Championship Play-off final was today. Suppose I was better off attempting to study than watching football though.

Facebook message

"Man we have such better supporters than the Mackems. Next year when they have like ten points after 15 games there will be an average of 15thousand in the stadium of shite..."

Hahaha. I'm going to fucking love this upcoming season.

It's quite funny, because it was from one of my best friends. Well, I don't really see him very much now because he lives in Newcastle, but yeah, I can't see us really talking much these days anyways. But, I can do without dillusional Newcastle fans anyways.

And yes, Blackburn vs. West Brom and there was a cheer that Newcastle were going down. It sums it up how much they're hated really.