Tekken: The Movie

Bigal

I've heard about this for years, but a plot and cast list are finally up on wiki:

The leader of a highly corrupt business under investigation of murder, Heihachi Mishima, suspiciously announces a tournament to crown a "King Of Iron Fist" whereby the winner will be made his personal bodyguard and will have riches and fame laid upon them. However, the tournament is not all it seems, as all of the contestants seem to have their own individual agendas to get close to the man looking to employ them. Consequently, a group of elite fighters, undercover police and assassins team together in the hope of uncovering the truth but slowly realize they are in fact linked together through more than just their goal of killing Mishima.

* John Foo as Jin Kazama

* Ian Anthony Dale as Kazuya Mishima

* Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Heihachi Mishima

* Cung Le as Marshall Law

* Candîce Hillebrand as Nina Williams

* Marian Zapico as Anna Williams

* Luke Goss as Steve Fox

* Chiaki Kuriyama as Ling Xiaoyu

* Kelly Overton as Christie Monteiro

* Lateef Crowder as Eddy Gordo

* Darrin Henson as Raven

* Gary Daniels as Bryan Fury

* Gary Ray Stearns as Yoshimitsu

* Nathan Jones as Craig Marduk

* Randal Reeder as Scared Fighter

* David Pitt as Jack (Tekken Police)

* Mircea Monroe as Kara

* Cassie Shea Watson as Med Tech

* Louis Herthum as Tekken Security Chief

* Michael Showers as Security Assistant #1

* Jevon Miller as Angry Fighter Reject

* Roger "Matador" Huerta as Miguel Rojas

Aside from Chiaki Kuriyama as Xiaoyu (which is a good choice, btw), I haven't heard of anybody on that list. Still, it might be a good movie, in the campy Street Fighter kind of way.

EDIT: zOMG, the guy who plays Heihachi was Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat. YAY!

Edited by Bigal(TM)

* Chiaki Kuriyama as Ling Xiaoyu

Shit, I'm going to end up seeing this one now, and I hate watching movies based on fighting games that aren't the first Mortal Kombat.

EDIT: I am vastly disappointed by the lack of King and Lee, though. They're my favorites, and I'd take them any day over the likes of Raven a.k.a. I'm not Blade, Really, Honest.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

No Lei Wulong (I guess Jackie Chan is too expensive. :P ) or King makes me sad. Seriously.

Wait a sec......NO PAUL?!?!

Same thing with Chan, the bills for the hair products for Mr. Phoenix would be astronomical.

From what I've gathered from Wikipedia:

Eddy Gordo is the Capoeira fighter from The Protector/Tom-Yung-Goon.

Jin Kazama is the guy that Tony Jaa fights after the Capoeira fighter from The Protector.

Steve Fox is the guy that played Prince Nuada in Hellboy 2.

Raven is Darrin from the Darrin's Dance Move videos that you might see on late-night infomercials.

Bryan Fury is played by Gary Daniels, most notable for mid-90's straight-to-video martial arts movies. His most notable role was the lead in the live-action Fist of the North Star.

So beyond Shang Tsung, GoGo, Nathan Jones and MMA fighter dude, those are the other notable names. Apparently, the girl playing Nina is a singer from South Africa, too.

Raven is Darrin from the Darrin's Dance Move videos that you might see on late-night infomercials.

... seriously? My god, the cast list in this is so fantastically bizarre.

Luke Goss was in Bros, is a genuinely funny, nice guy (apparantly) and I think he was the baddie vampire in Blade 2.

The lack of Paul especially is a MAJOR oversight, and King too (as well as my fave Hworang) and as much as I love Chiaki, I'm in two minds over whether she is right for Ling, especially as Chiaki is Japanese and Ling is Chinese. Grawr it's like Memoirs of a Geisha all over again!

He was indeed the baddie in Blade 2, which I believe possibly makes him the most famous person involved. I demand they bring in the actors who played Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter to be Law and Paul.

• 1 year later...

This is out at my local cinema next week and subtitled so it'll be in English sound (whoo). Has this been out everywhere else for months or is it just coming out?

The trailer looks cheesy in a Mortal Kombat kinda way so it might be worth a laugh - Jin looks rubbish (so does Heihachi)though but Bryan looks great as does Yoshimitsu. Doubt my wife would wanna see it.

The main guys seem to be:

cast_parts_06.jpg

JIN

cast_parts_16.jpg

CHRISTIE

cast_parts_21.jpg

YODA HEIHACHI

cast_parts_25.jpg

KAZUYA

cast_parts_32.jpg

BLADE RAVEN

cast_parts_36.jpg