Recommend Me Some Music...

Guest ._.

Alright, here is the situation I am in. I just bought a new iPod the other day (iPod Touch) to be exact, and I had just sat down at my computer to put my whole 3.4 GB music collection on there. But, when I log onto my computer I come to find out that my brother was in one of those 'the fucking feds are after me' moods, and deleted every MP3 file off of My Computer (even the legal ones >_>). I tried system restore and everything like that but, the files are long gone.

I thought to myself, it was about time to get into new music anyway, since most of the music on my computer was rap, Metallica, old country, and a lot of the songs from Scrubs. (I am a superfan) So, I was looking for someone to suggest me some music.

Anything will do, I am into anything. Anything that has a nice beat, (reall starting to like Feist after watching that thread that amshap posted with her on Sesame Street) kinda like some of the stuff you would hear from Scrubs. Only thing I really have no taste for is the 'emo' band scene, like Hawtrone Heights or anything like that. But, basically just give me some songs you like and help get into a new world of music.

"At The Left Hand Of God", by Behemoth

"Hellfire", by 1349

"Feral Creation", by Thorium

"On The Way Home", by Lykathea Aflame

"Hades", by Kalmah

"Everything Bleeds", by Marduk

"Armada", by Keep Of Kalessin

"A New Empire's Birth", by Keep Of Kalessin

"Sota", by Karelian Warcry

"Colossus", by Borknagar

"Prevail", by Kataklysm

That should give a good start on Black and Death metal. You said you were into everything so I thought I'd give it a shot. <_< None of this Feist nonsense.

Edited by KataklySRNm

The New Radicals album. Mother we just can't get enough was on an episode of scrubs, I think it was when Dr Cox had to decide between his preggo missus and Heather Locklear.

And anytime anyone wants a rap/hip hop reccomendation I always say Sage Francis. Get A Healthy Distrust, its one of the best albums I've heard. Or H.O.P.E by Non-Prophets.

I disagree with MDK, I prefer "Personal Journals" by Sage Francis, but both are good albums.

As for my recommendation, I'm going to go with Regina Spektor. I recently got her "Soviet Kitsch" album, and have been playing it a lot. A lot. For songs to check out before getting the album, I'd go with "Ghost of Corporate Future" and "Chemo Limo." Warning, if you don't like piano, you won't like this. But who could ever hate piano? She recently got some playtime on MTV for her song "Fidelity"(not on "Soviet Kitsch"), and she's classified as anti-folk and alternative pop.

Edited by LittleDaniel

Since you're into Metallica, I guess there's a good chance you'd like Megadeth.

And maybe move onto some of the heavier stuff like Anthrax, Machine Head and Sepultura.

If you're into classic rock, maybe check out Diamond Head. I dunno, they're kind of like Black Sabbath in that they were doing the heavy metal thing before it was heavy metal. They are regarded by Metallica as major influences, and they've actually covered Diamond Head a few times both live and on their covers album.

Pantera aren't a million miles away from Metallica. They're mostly typical metal anthems, but they've got their fair share of epic songs like "Cemetary Gates."

It wouldn't be a music recommendation thread if I didn't try and pimp out any glam metal, so I'll throw both Skid Row and Guns N' Roses at you, the latter you're probably aware of. Neither were particularly glam - both having their own particular style, the former being more heavy metal based - but are often lumped in with the 80's hair bands. I reckon there's a chance you'd dig Skid Row.

I can't be arsed with invidual songs, so here's some albums...

"The '59 Sound" by The Gaslight Anthem (Heartland Rock/Blues Rock)

"A Thousand Words" by Styrofoam (Electro-Pop)

"Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues" by Strung Out (Punk-Rock)

"Everything In Transit" by Jack's Mannequin (Piano-Rock)

"Up The Bracket" by The Libertines (Indie-Rock)

Since I happen to be listening to them at the moment, you might dig TV on the Radio.

Also, you might like The Black Angels. I'd suggest their album "Passover" but the new one "Directions to See A Ghost" is also good.

I can't be arsed with invidual songs, so here's some albums...

"The '59 Sound" by The Gaslight Anthem (Heartland Rock/Blues Rock)

"A Thousand Words" by Styrofoam (Electro-Pop)

"Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues" by Strung Out (Punk-Rock)

"Everything In Transit" by Jack's Mannequin (Piano-Rock)

"Up The Bracket" by The Libertines (Indie-Rock)

I'd actually recommend, judging from his musical tastes, getting Sink Or Swim before '59 Sound, mainly because when I've tried to get my mates into Gaslight Anthem recently, those more into heavier stuff seem to be more receptive to Sink Or Swim on first listen. No idea why, it just seems to be an ongoing pattern.

Alternatively, just get both.

And Senor and the Queen, for good measure.

59 Sound is probably the safe bet because I'd imagine it appeals to a broader amount of people than Sink or Swim, which is a tad heavier than most peoples tastes.

But yeah, getting both and Senor and the Queen is probably the best way.

Justice. (We Are Your Friend, Waters Of Nazareth, DVNO)

MSTRKRFT (remix of Woman by Wolfmother, Work On You, BOUNCE)

Of Montreal (anything off Hissing Fauna)

Ron Sexsmith.

Any of the good ol' school blues.

Cream,

Jimi Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Joe Bonamassa

Some of the above said are more RECENT artists performing the good ol' blues in thier own style.

I'd also check out a band called FRY -> FRYBAND.COM

Or Search FRYBAND on youtube.

Yes, they ARE my friends, but listen to them, I'm not being biased! :P

Here is their version of Redhouse by Jimi Hendrix

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cVKp5wia-Iw