Important

K

79 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Mega Drive/Genesis
    • Snes

There are no other options. Choose.

I'm not sure why I even bothered with this, because clearly the Genesis was far superior in every single defineable way, but this needs to be settled.

(Though admitedly I remember the SNES Animaniacs game was better than the Mega Drive one)

Genesis. Any multi-console games were better on the Genesis (NHL 94, I'm looking at you).

I too owned both. Def played the SNES more. But then again I had beaten a couple of the buttons in on the megadrive's controller so you had to push 'A' in on a funny angle and the 'C' didn't work at all. I loved the Strike series (Urban, Jungle etc), on the other hand I think that may have actually been my bf at the times and I used it to lure him with <_<. In all honesty though there was a FPS on the megadrive which was set on a space station (def not Doom [which was SNES exclusive anyway IIRC) and is still in my top 3 FPS games.

Definitely Genesis. I grew up with Genesis, and have never been much of a Nintendo fan as it is. Streets of Rage? Golden Axe? Other stuff? Exactly.

I too owned both. Def played the SNES more. But then again I had beaten a couple of the buttons in on the megadrive's controller so you had to push 'A' in on a funny angle and the 'C' didn't work at all. I loved the Strike series (Urban, Jungle etc), on the other hand I think that may have actually been my bf at the times and I used it to lure him with <_<. In all honesty though there was a FPS on the megadrive which was set on a space station (def not Doom [which was SNES exclusive anyway IIRC) and is still in my top 3 FPS games.

Would you be referring to the game Zero Tolerance? That was a first person shooter that took place on a space station. It was a lot of fun, tough game, and fairly bloody for it's time.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Final Fantasy II/IV + Final Fantasy III/VI + Chrono Trigger + Link to the Past + Mario World + Super Punch-Out + Mario RPG + a smoother and crisper Street Fighter II + Donkey Kong Country = fuck alla yall, SNES takes the prize. Shit, Chrono Trigger alone clinches it. I can't think of a single piece of Genesis software that touches it.

Genesis had better sports games and a better version of Mortal Kombat and Shaq Fu, though, but I couldn't give two shits about sports games and Mortal Kombat is much dumber than you remember. Shaq Fu, though, damn, those four additional characters were a selling point for me.

Fast paced cool blue hedgehog vs. fat Italian racial sterotype plumber with bad colour coordination? 'Nuff said.

I think what's best about this statement is that history has proven you absolutely right.

Been with Nintendo since the early days (well obviously not when they started, that'd be fucking crazy) so we had a SNES in the house. Wasted many hours on Super Bomberman 2 and Secret Of Mana as well as obvious things like Super Mario All Stars. Donkey Kong Country was also a family favourite too.

Final Fantasy II/IV + Final Fantasy III/VI + Chrono Trigger + Link to the Past + Mario World + Super Punch-Out + Mario RPG + a smoother and crisper Street Fighter II + Donkey Kong Country = fuck alla yall, SNES takes the prize. Shit, Chrono Trigger alone clinches it. I can't think of a single piece of Genesis software that touches it.

What he said. + Earthbound, Super Metroid, Mario All-Stars, Shadowrun (although admittedly, the Genesis game was cooler), Turtles in Time, Mega Man X, Mario Kart, Secret of Mana, Star Fox, Super Castlevania, and motherfuckin Actraiser!

And sorry, but there's no debate between Mario and Sonic - to this day, there still hasn't been a better platformer than Super Mario World - sorry to all you who were raised on the N64, but it's true.

With all that said, I did own both and I love my Genesis dearly. I wouldn't even call it a distant second due to Shining Force I & II being fucking amazing, and the aforementioned badass version of Shadowrun.

What he said. + Earthbound, Super Metroid, Mario All-Stars, Shadowrun (although admittedly, the Genesis game was cooler), Turtles in Time, Mega Man X, Mario Kart, Secret of Mana, Star Fox, Super Castlevania, and motherfuckin Actraiser!

And sorry, but there's no debate between Mario and Sonic - to this day, there still hasn't been a better platformer than Super Mario World - sorry to all you who were raised on the N64, but it's true.

With all that said, I did own both and I love my Genesis dearly. I wouldn't even call it a distant second due to Shining Force I & II being fucking amazing, and the aforementioned badass version of Shadowrun.

I have to agree. Super Mario 64. whilst nice and everything, barely scratches Super Mario World.

Mega Drive. Although I'm sure if I had a SNES I'd prefer that. And this also allows me to try and figure out what this game was. I'll try my best to describe.

I'm sure it was the mega drive anyways (if not, think Saturn <_<). I think there was a choice of 4 characters. It was your typical side scrolling beat them up kind of game. I remember I always used to go as a character who I'm pretty sure was a skater/rollerblader. I'm sure the first level you got to the 'boss' or whatever, and you got to like a big car parked outside a garage. You went around said car and into the garage where you met the boss, or went to the next level. Something like that.

I think the character I used to control was called Skate or Smoke or something like that but I may be wrong.

I'm sure I've looked before and never been able to find it so I kind of wonder if I've made it up or something at times because I can never seem to find it. Then again at the same time I seem to remember spending days at my friends house playing this game.

So if anyone has a clue, please tell me and put me out of my misery. I'm sure it was for the mega drive, if not the Saturn (which reduces my chances of finding out what it was radically) so if anyone knows, say something!

I can try and give more details, but I think that's about as far as my knowledge of it stretches. Then again if you ask a particular question, I can try and answer.