Official 2010 World Cup Qualifying Thread

alldaws1

Ugh, I hate Greece. Nice to see Algeria getting through, but I'd have liked to have seen Egypt as well. Egypt were potential hosts for an Africa-hosted World Cup so this really doesn't help them for the future. Slovenia and Slovakia getting in would be amazing. And a Serbia vs Bosnia World Cup match would be amazing.

France vs Ireland has been fan-dabi-dozi so far. It's almost like a little slice of the World Cup already! I really don't want to see France at the World Cup. Ireland always put on a good show.

I just wish Scotland had qualified. :(

---

EDIT

HOW DID KEANE FUCK THAT UP? :|

Edited by The Kraig

I haven't seen any dirtiness from the French players. They're flopping about like poofs, but that's to be expected. I'm sure half of them would sell their left nut to play at the World Cup. It's been a good physical game, the way football should be played.

Why is there extra time? Shouldn't there be a neutral venue play-off? Not very fair on Ireland.

And away goals SHOULD count after extra time, it's only fair.

Edited by The Kraig

I haven't seen any dirtiness from the French players. They're flopping about like poofs, but that's to be expected. I'm sure half of them would sell their left nut to play at the World Cup. It's been a good physical game, the way football should be played.

Why is there extra time? Shouldn't there be a neutral venue play-off? Not very fair on Ireland.

When would they play that? There's no international break again now until March, it isn't feesible to have a replay as an option, they wouldn't be able to fit it around the club schedule and obviously clubs will want their players for vital league games. It would only be the same if France had been drawn at home first.

And away goals SHOULD count after extra time, it's only fair.

In fairness Ireland have the advantage that if they do score in Extra Time, it still counts as an away goal.

Man, how harsh would penalties be to decide who makes a world cup?

Would have to fancy the French if it got that far too.

The Aussies did it in '05.

The commentators are talking up that Given with his experience may be the X factor if they get to penalties.