Official La Liga Thread

Baddar

Is there a foolproof way we can flush out all the 'he's not the best until he does it in the Premier League' people so we can round them up and dispose of them? Because if I hear one more person try to belittle his ability and achievements because he hasn't passed the Andy Griffin test then I may scream. And I can only assume Messi would be joyous at the prospect of me defending him to the very death - so I'd be willing to.

Is there a foolproof way we can flush out all the 'he's not the best until he does it in the Premier League' people so we can round them up and dispose of them? Because if I hear one more person try to belittle his ability and achievements because he hasn't passed the Andy Griffin test then I may scream. And I can only assume Messi would be joyous at the prospect of me defending him to the very death - so I'd be willing to.

Yes. Disposing of anyone with opposing opinions is a wonderful idea!

Brilliant watch. He's scored a lot more penalties than I thought, and way more freekicks. Great stuff. #19 is my personal favourite.

I like that 19 is a recreation of Maradona vs England in 86.

And 24 is a recreation of Maradona vs England in 86. :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

Berrr-ump.

It's La Liga time. I have a stream of Espanyol v Real Sociedad open on my laptop, it's 2:0 Sociedad at the minute - Carlos Vela has ripped them apart. On TV you have Real Zaragoza v Barcelona at 7pm and Real Betis v Villarreal after that at 9pm. I'll be flicking in between them and also Lazio v Napoli on ESPN. If I get hold of the TV I'll have Spanish on one and Italian on the other but not sure yet.

Looking forward to the first match, it seems like a Barcelona walk in the park really but Zaragoza are fighting for their survival and aren't going to lie down for them, plus it's always a pleasure to watch Messi and friends. And we're only a few weeks ago from another Clasico so, let's hope both teams get to their peak in time for it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Pretty poor performance to be honest from Barcelona, they are a great team but if you take out Iniesta and Xavi then they do seem to struggle and labour a lot more than they usually do. Zaragoza show a lot of fight though - you can tell they are trying to keep themselves up.

Meanwhile Villarreal seem intent on not actually improving under any manager. Although I wasn't expecting much from Lotina, far too negative and defensive to ever be a real success - he may last the season but I don't think he'll still be there in a years time.

I shall also be watching Real Madrid take on Valencia, and perhaps having a little dabble on a bet as well if the mood strikes me. (Ronaldo is 4/1 to score a hat-trick, against the third team in the league! :shifty: )

However in two minutes I shall be watching Athletic vs Sevilla. Let's see if Athletic can finally get those Europa performances turned into successful performances in the league and start climbing back up the table.

0:0 at half time at the San Mamés. Both teams could have had goals, Sevilla started the game better but Athletic came back into it and probably had the two best chances. Muniain over stretching for an empty net and hitting the bar, and before that Muniain and Llorente both about six yards out couldn't get a good shot away and Palop saved comfortably.

Some of the one touch football Athletic have played at times has been scintillating so a goal could be in the offing. I predicted 2:2 before the start of the match, and still think a draw is possibly the most likely outcome so fingers crossed we get some goals in the second half.