Marvel and DC Animated Films/Television Shows

Benji

Got around to season 2 of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I dig it. My one complaint, though, is holy shit is the Wasp ever poorly written. Every bit of dialogue out of her mouth is about Hank Pym, and it's irritating. She has no personality beyond "I really like Hank Pym". It's weird, considering Miss Marvel is fairly well-written. Is Wasp this poorly written in the comics?

Got around to season 2 of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I dig it. My one complaint, though, is holy shit is the Wasp ever poorly written. Every bit of dialogue out of her mouth is about Hank Pym, and it's irritating. She has no personality beyond "I really like Hank Pym". It's weird, considering Miss Marvel is fairly well-written. Is Wasp this poorly written in the comics?

The only thing I didn't like about Season 2 was they abandoned the whole over-arching story format from Season 1 and went for more self-contained episodes in Season 2.

Also, I wonder if they're going to continue some dangling plot threads from this show into the new one, especially the one with Surtur.

Also, also, they really need to make a Heroes For Hire spin-off with Luke Cage and Iron Fist, that was probably my favorite episode of Season 2.

I'm starting to come around on Ultimate Spider-Man. The Freaky Friday episode with Wolverine was pretty good.

And he was supposed to be done after the first one, but liked the story of City. It's weird though - he said doing the voice hurts him, but he continues to do similar sounding voice work on Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.

I thought DiMaggio did a perfectly respectable Joker though. I wish he would've stuck around for it.

Hamill has also said that he'd do it again if DC made an animated version of The Killing Joke.

Batman the dark knight returns part 1 was pretty awesome. It sucks though because part 2 doesnt come out until winter 2013 apparently

Turns out it's more like January 2013 <ahttp://www.ewbattleground.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'>. Also, Conan O'Brien's definitely voicing a character in it.

Watched Batman Year One and The Dark Knight Returns in the last 24 hours. I liked Year One better, even though it's a little short.

I think it's just the Frank Milleriness I don't like.

Really warming up to Ultimate Spider-Man. It has its off episodes, but I'm on episode 23 and enjoying it for the most part. Probably going to add it to my DVR so I can catch the new episodes when they start in late January. So far I think my favorite episodes are "Run Pig Run" (with Spider-Ham!), and "Not A Toy" (based on the Captain America team-up). I kind of dig that it's essentially an animated version of Marvel Team-Ups.

Really warming up to Ultimate Spider-Man. It has its off episodes, but I'm on episode 23 and enjoying it for the most part. Probably going to add it to my DVR so I can catch the new episodes when they start in late January. So far I think my favorite episodes are "Run Pig Run" (with Spider-Ham!), and "Not A Toy" (based on the Captain America team-up). I kind of dig that it's essentially an animated version of Marvel Team-Ups.

They added Ultimate Spider-Man to Netflix and I thought about giving it another shot even though I was vehemently against it after catching an episode on Disney XD. I think it's because I was upset that they canceled Spectacular Spider-Man which was a fantastic show.

And he was supposed to be done after the first one, but liked the story of City. It's weird though - he said doing the voice hurts him, but he continues to do similar sounding voice work on Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.

I thought DiMaggio did a perfectly respectable Joker though. I wish he would've stuck around for it.

Hamill has also said that he'd do it again if DC made an animated version of The Killing Joke.

You've now reminded me of this

Batman the dark knight returns part 1 was pretty awesome. It sucks though because part 2 doesnt come out until winter 2013 apparently

Turns out it's more like January 2013 <ahttp://www.ewbattleground.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'>. Also, Conan O'Brien's definitely voicing a character in it.

Watched Batman Year One and The Dark Knight Returns in the last 24 hours. I liked Year One better, even though it's a little short.

I think it's just the Frank Milleriness I don't like.

It's the best Frank Miller story there is!

They added Ultimate Spider-Man to Netflix and I thought about giving it another shot even though I was vehemently against it after catching an episode on Disney XD. I think it's because I was upset that they canceled Spectacular Spider-Man which was a fantastic show.

Oh, yeah, I was the same. I watched maybe the first three episodes and was all "ugh, this is awful" but it has its better episodes later into the season.

• 4 weeks later...

Young Justice has been pretty good lately. Spoilers for the most recent episode!

I didn't think about it until I read the AV Club review of the episode, but the Green Beetle - by offering his mind/memories to Miss Martian - could, in theory, pick and choose what Miss M sees, and with the way he tinkered with Jaime's scarab he could possibly have ulterior motives.

Now, I hadn't thought of that theory, and personally, I'm not a big proponent of it, because I feel it'd be a kick in the teeth to viewers. Green Beetle's done practically everything to try and prove that he's on the team's side - even providing additional analysis of the Reach's soda that Flash and Robin didn't pick up on - and it seems to me like after proving so much, having him suddenly be bad or have ulterior motives would just be a swerve for the sake of swerving the audience. Not a fan of that.

Also, man, when Green Beetle tries to smile that's freaky as hell.

Dammit I just realized that I haven't seen this week's episode and I just read all that. Boo! I watched an episode on Friday night so it felt like I've seen the latest, but nope, it comes out on Saturdays doesn't it? Oh well, there wasn't much that you gave away. Also, I already...

...didn't completely trust the Green Beetle.

I never played that.

Also, there's totally going to be a Young Justice game. I mean, no word on levels or anything yet, but, y'knowwww. I've never heard of the developer before (Little Orbit), but it reads like it's going to be an action RPG perhaps in the vein of X-Men: Legends or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and I loveeeed those games.

Goddamnit.

Cartoon Network has revealed their 2013-2014 TV show lineup today and, much to the dismay of fans, confirmed that that “Green Lantern: The Animated Series” and “Young Justice” have been canceled. While this may not come as the biggest surprise for the “Young Justice” viewers who paid attention to both the series’ previous hiatus and subsequent cancelling of its comic book counterpart, the news certainly comes as a blow for fans. Together with the end of “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”, this leaves only “Beware the Batman” and “Teen Titans Go” as the remaining DC Nation shows, both of which have yet to premiere on the network.

So we'll never get a proper conclusion to anything and hey! These two totally fucking stupid looking shows are going to come in and take the place of two fan favorite shows, because I don't know, Batman or something. Fuck Cartoon Network.