Twelve Angry Men Mafia - Sign-Ups and OOC Thread

So this game won't be starting all that soon, but it is just a game or two after the current ones running, and since the players included will NOT be determined on a first-come, first-serve basis I figured it was time to get this going.

For those that haven't heard . . .

It occurs to me that before I get in too deep with this, I really should reveal the details of how it works, as it will be a big departure from the norm.

I'm hoping oldskool is okay with this, as I'm borrowing an idea he mentioned in this very thread.

The Basics:

- The game is based on this film.

- There will be 12 players, as you would naturally assume.

- All role names would be revealed from the start, but alignments would not. Players would not only be allowed, but ENCOURAGED to gimmick post to their heart's content. Some help with this will be provided in role PMs, but this should especially be fun for those who have seen the film (or play.)

- The players that comprise the mafia would be selected at random, and role names would have zero bearing on alignment, in order to keep the GAME element in tact.

- There are no separate day/night periods, and instead the game is one continuous day inside a jury room, just like the film. This has everything to do with the next feature.

- NO ONE (not even the mafia) will have any killing abilities (or abilities of any kind.) In fact, for all intents and purposes, the players are either plain ol' mafia or plain ol' town.

- All eliminations would therefore take place through voting alone, in tribute to the film.

I would be adding in bits of story at the beginning and along the way to make these play mechanics make sense, in case you're wondering. The overall idea here is to make a fun, roleplay-ish, mafia-ish game that's as true to the spirit of the film as possible, without ruining the fundamental element which makes it a game. It's sort of a modified vanilla mafia on steroids (if that makes any sense at all.) And, by the way, knowledge of the film or play would not be essential in order to play, but might simply make it a bit more fun for those playing.

I assume this leaves some things unexplained, so any questions, comments, criticisms, etc. are welcome.

As I said, I won't simply be taking the first 12 to sign up, as I want to make sure that everyone involved will STAY involved, will enjoy the specific nature of this game/experiment, and overall seems like a good fit for this.

SO - if you enjoy roleplaying, mafia (especially the traditional, no-abilities variety), or this just appeals to you in general, feel free to sign up. I'll keep these going for a while, until everyone's had a chance that wants to, and then I will choose the 12 players. Unless he rejects it, I'm giving one automatic spot to oldskool, as I have borrowed a game element from him and he expressed interest in playing this AGES ago.

Have at it!

1. oldskool

2. DMN

3. TEOL

4. Pesci

5. -A-, a.k.a. Blake Judge

6. stokeriño

7. Mr. Potato Head

8. LittleDaniel

9. L.C.S

10. THE GoGo Yubari

11. Sousa

12. C-MIL

ALTERNATES:

1. MEG

2. FlatDoughnut

3. Ruki

4. Huss Delgado

5. TheRossWalker

6. thug

7. Pleatherface

8. Ace

9. SplitSecond

10. Bigal

Edited by Josh-oo-wuh

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm too busy right now to sign up, I'm in an upcoming production of 12AM, so I'd recommend anyone to sign-up, if just for the story and characters alone :)

Who are you playing? I've played #10 and directed the show (separate productions.)

While I'm too busy right now to sign up, I'm in an upcoming production of 12AM, so I'd recommend anyone to sign-up, if just for the story and characters alone :)

Who are you playing? I've played #10 and directed the show (separate productions.)

I'm Juror 11, which I'm pretty happy about. It's not too big a role, but then again it has some pretty big chunks of dialogue (probably the most outside the main 3/4). Plus, I own at doing a German accent, so...yeh. I'm glad.