Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

What a bunch of fucking spastics...clickmania.

Just got it working. USE LOWER CASE AND IT WORKS FIRST TIME.

Or at least it did for me.

No it doesn't. Case doesn't matter.

Anyway, got mine working now. A few people have said that when they close it they can't open it again, so am I to leave it open forever as a precautionary measure? :shifty:

Your playing time: 6 months, 2 weeks, 2 hours and 17 minutes

Comment: ....wow and damn.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a random quote from amazon.co.uk about this game that i catched in si forums

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:

1.0 out of 5 stars Football Manager 2009, 14 Nov 2008

By Dave T (Scotland) - See all my reviews

Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars

My son has put his head through his monitor - whom should I speak to?

awesome

a random quote from amazon.co.uk about this game that i catched in si forums

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:

1.0 out of 5 stars Football Manager 2009, 14 Nov 2008

By Dave T (Scotland) - See all my reviews

Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars

My son has put his head through his monitor - whom should I speak to?

awesome

Nothing is better than a parent with a sense of humor. Ace.

Its still saying my Product Key is already active!!!! Has anyone who has had this problem been sorted out yet??

Have you tried this link to help:

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Are you getting an error code when you enter? Like a number?

Got the game and activated it fine...run the game and I get "Failed to set up graphics system". Fucking brilliant

Have you installed the patch?

What are your PC specs?

EDIT: This apparently solves the issue if you download it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

EDIT: Cabral - patch is around 170 Mb IIRC.

Looks like most of the issues are sorted now, thankfully. Seems like the authentication server was just overwhelmed on release day. People are completely blowing the whole thing out of proportion though (not here, but on SI's forums and elsewhere). It's a game that had problems for one fucking day, it's not armageddon.

And - Matt -, any reason you can't buy a copy like the rest of us? In saying that, do let me know if/when "they" get the game working though. I'm interested to see how long it takes. There's been some files up on "sites" for a few days now, but as far as I'm aware they're only the pre-load files from Steam that clearly won't work.

Edited by Scott McFly

Well after reading all the problems people are having the people who have started what do you make of the game so far? I always get Football Managers had them since they first started and i'm probably waiting for a few weeks maybe get it for Christmas is it better than the last one? Whats good etc

My laptop goes incredibly slow. I've only managed to get through the pre-season so far with Middlesbrough. They really have made the tactics mean more this time around. I was against Norwhich in my first match and they slaughtered us 3-0 in the first half. In the second half i changed my tactics and we ended up making a comeback to win 4-3. Once i get a season or two finished with Boro, and i get a feel for the game, i'll go for the "start unemployed" game.

Finally got my game working last night, I have to run it through Steam every time though, but hey, better than it not working at all!

Started a game with Arsenal, and i've have a bloody awful start to the season! Signed Veloso, Srna, and Lescott. But my league form is shocking. Played 4, Won 1, Lost 3!!!

No, you do not. Go into the steam folder within program folders, then steamapps, find football manager, and then it is everything like the old games. Just create a desktop shortut from fm.exe, then you do not need steam running, though getting the updates auto is good.

I don't think there's one yet, but post your specs Benji and I (or someone) can give you an idea.

So I started my game last night and sorted out my squad, training etc. and just realised I haven't changed all the competition names to what they're supposed to be (UEFA Cup etc.). I suppose I can just export those, change the names, start again and import them. At least I hope that'll work.

The mac version just works, i need no key, i need no original cd to boot, no nothing. This is amazing.... but i can see were you are comming from, i remembered feeling ripped of big time wen my original copys of pc games stoped working and i had to download cracks no mater what.... zoooomg virtual driver, no game for you...

Anyone finding this years game much harder than usual? Maybe its my tactics, but i can barely get a win as Man City. And thats after buying 2 £10m defenders, Veloso, Huntelaar, Vela, and Arshavin! £70m spent, and what do i have to show for it. A league record that reads Played 5, Won 1, Lost 4. Goals For 1 (an own goal!!!), Goals Against 11!!!

So, with this whole activation malarkey, will my bro and I each have to buy it or can it still work on both PC's as long as we have the CD in when it starts up (like previous versions)?

Edit: Just found out you can have it up to five different PCs with the one CD, so all is good.

Edited by Zaz