Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

So yeah on the eve on my second season as Man City manager my Starting XI looks like this:

GK: Joe Hart

RB: Glen Johnson

CB: Micah Richards

CB: Richard Dunne

LB: Darijo Srna

MR: Shaun Wright-Phillips

MC: Elano

ML: Juan Arango

AMC: Robinho

AMC: Sergio Aguero

ST: Jo

All my attempts to sign a better taller striker than Jo are failing but hopefully I can pull something out of my ass with my 12 million remaining in the transfer budget.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, two years in a row England have received an extra spot in the UEFA Cup for topping the Fair Play table and two years in a row I've received that spot due to being the top of the English Fair Play table. Seems the only way I can get into the UEFA Cup nowadays :(

Time for an update on my Luton game.....

When I left you, I was setting my sights on a playoff place, but because Shewsbury lost on the last day of the season, I managed to win promotion as League 2 Champions, by one point. I put this down to the fact that the team scored 102 league goals in the 46 league games. Superb.

Robbie Fowler, much maligned elsewhere in this thread, was hit with injuries in the second half of the season and finished with 29 goals from 45 appearances.

So as the season drew to a close with me as champions, I decided I had to trim my wage spending, which had been about 9k a week over the budget since January. That's a lot when your wage budget is only 31k in the first place. So I released Drew Talbot, Paul McVeigh, Dean Morgan and Asa Hall - none of which had a long term future at the club. Those 4 were earning more than 10k a week between them! I also released most of my reserve/youth set up in a desperate attempt to reduce wages. Sadly, I also had to release Matthew Spring. He had been out on loan all of the first season and while I tried to negotiate a new contract with him, with three weeks to go until his contract expired he trebled his demands and was promptly shown the door.

So now time to start signing some new players!!!

Ian Walker - GK - £0 from Bolton. Legendary 37 year old keeper will compete for the first team spot, but more than likely will be my backup.

Seyfo Soley - DC/DM/MC - Free transfer. 29 year old Gambian international (with Belgian passport) will really help to strengthen the spine of the team.

David Winter - AMC - £0 from Ross County. Found by my scout. 16 year old has potential to be a good Premiership standard midfielder.

George Cameron - MC - £0 from Ross County. Scout found this 16 year old with great potential. Must be something in the water in Ross County.

Kevin Hutchinson - DC - £0 from Hamilton. My scout officially loves Scotland. Another great 16 year old prospect.

Alexis - DLC - £0 from Charlton. 35 year old Spanish defender will provide cover and experience.

Derek Martin - AMR - £0 from Hamilton. Superb prospect for a 16 year old. Has had constant offers from Falkirk and Ipswich since joining.

Gareth Williams - MC - £0 from Watford. Stealing one of your main rivals best players on a free? Sounds good to me.

Vaclav Kaldec - ST - £0 from Sparta Prague. Good 17 year old striker who will compete for a first team place.

Jordan Robertson - ST - Free Transfer. Really proud of this find. I saw this 21 year old in the England Trialists match and snapped him up.

I managed to find myself a third parent club in a year. I originally had a deal in place with West Ham, but scrapped this to go with Chelsea. Then decided I wanted to try and go for the biggest team I could, and managed to get Arsenal as my parent club. Superb considering the youngsters this will give me access to. And how did Arsenal respond?

Henri Lansbury rejoins me on a season long loan!! Hooray!! He was awesome for me last year. =]

All I need to do now is sign one more striker. I am hoping it will be Michael Bridges. He is available on a free but it currently overcoming a hip injury and I can't sign him until he's better as my board keeps blocking it.

My first game in League One? Favourites for promotion... Leicester City.

Wow Notorious your a bit screwed with that Champions League group lol that is very unlucky.

I lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup on my current game with Spurs in the 4th round and i was lucky enough to not get ripped to shreds in a sense that well they are my rivals lol. They said they wasn't too pleased but could understand getting knocked out by Chelsea.

I'll have a proper update done in a bit just gotta finish my Law essays for tomorrow for which i only just found out about today grrrr...and revise for a History Essay that i only again just found out about today. Damn you flu i could of had time to prepare!!!!

Right now that i've gotten the law essays out of the way here is how things stand at the minute on my game and i'll give my starting XI

GK: Gomes

DR: Hutton (Hutton has been fantastic for me putting in great performances and earned a regular spot)

DL: Bale (Bale is the same as Hutton just been a vital component of the team

DC: Corluka (With Woodgate being a bitch and wanting a move, i sold him to Spain and Corluka will move from Right Back to CB)

DC: King

MC: Hamsik (Signing in January Transfer Window and he's proving to be a monster of a purchase)

MC: Veloso (Terrific this season and a wizard on freekicks for me getting some assists and goals)

AML: Modric (The captain has lived up the potential i put in him by making him captain.)

AMR: Lennon (When Bentley got injured stepped up big time and been called back up to England squad)

FC: Pandev (Super signing and top goalscorer)

FC: Huntelaar (Another great signing picking up the goals in the Prem)

Subs:

GK: Asenjo (Been decent in a few games he's played but could do with some improvement)

DC: Taylor (With me being desperate to try and find a CB decided to sign him from Newcastle for £13 mil...Not the smartest of moves after some pap performances but starting to get a bit better)

DR: Zokora

MC: Huddlestone

MR: Bentley

ST: Dos Santos

ST: Bent

I lost the 1st leg of the Carling Cup Semi to Newcastle 1-0, but won the 2nd leg at home 3-1 to go through 3-2 and now facing Arsenal in the Carling Cup Final

FA Cup lost to Chelsea 2-1 with Lampard scoring 88th minute to win.

Uefa Cup well i lost the 1st leg to Porto 4-0 in a very very very shocking performance from my team but it looks like gameover with a 2nd leg still to play.

Prem Table after 25 games:

1st: Arsenal 64pts

2nd:Man Utd 56pts

3rd:Chelsea 51pts +32GD

4th: Me (Spurs) 51pts +21GD

5th: Liverpool 51pts + 16GD

6th: Man.City 49pts

With 13 games left i've got to play Blackburn H (7th), Man.Utd A, Stoke H (19th), Pompey A (14th), Boro H (17th), Hull A (18th), Liverpool H, Arsenal A, WBA A (15th), Chelsea H, Man.City A, Newcastle H (8th)

In game related news, Middlesbrough sacked Southgate and Tony Mowbray left WBA to take the job even though he got WBA to the Carling Cup semis and they are doing better than expected. Roland Nilsson left Malmo to take the job. Juande Ramos took the Villarreal job after Pelegrini left for some reason, Carlo Ancelotti took over Real Madrid which i didn't know about until now and Rijkaard has taken the AC job.

Grrr... I need money. Board won't give it. Can't take any from wages. Can't get offers for any players I want to sell. grrr...

Edit: OK... what the fuck? My team that can't beat West Brom and such have just THRASHED Chelsea 4-1. And thoroughly deserved it too. What the fuck?

Edited by Footjob Fever

I'm thinking of getting this with Steam, as it's cheap. Does it rn just as well of it and is there any common problems with it?

I've played a good 10+ hours of the game on Steam and haven't run into any problems.

I did get sacked by Bryasen and my current squad is 2-1-1 when we were supposed to be one of the worst teams. Norway may not have been the best starting point for a first time play through of this game. It also may not help that I am a yank. :shifty:

I'll do a proper update in a bit but...Lady Luck smiled on me twice as Porto had 2 players sent off and i actually managed to win 5-0 because of it and against Arsenal in the Carling Cup Final went into extra time at 1-1, They'd been battering me and Nasri got injured so down to 10 men and Hutton and Huntelaar get's his 2nd in the game to pick up my 1st piece of silverware. Results gone my way in Prem and i'm in the hunt for 2nd now