Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

I've been wondering for a while now why my club is pissing away loads of money every month. I think I've pinpointed it as being ridiculous appearance/goal/clean sheet bonus fees to players, but I can't stop this as the players won't accept lower wages. So far only Michalik has, with 7 others rejecting. I don't know what to do, but I know I'll be in debt before the end of the season if this keeps up.

Fuck Stuart Pearce :angry:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been wondering for a while now why my club is pissing away loads of money every month. I think I've pinpointed it as being ridiculous appearance/goal/clean sheet bonus fees to players, but I can't stop this as the players won't accept lower wages. So far only Michalik has, with 7 others rejecting. I don't know what to do, but I know I'll be in debt before the end of the season if this keeps up.

Sell some players? Or loan them out if the window is shut. And the renegotiate those who have silly win bonuses and clean sheet bonuses to higher wages but smaller/no clauses.

Sell some players? Or loan them out if the window is shut. And the renegotiate those who have silly win bonuses and clean sheet bonuses to higher wages but smaller/no clauses.

Unfortunately their wages are so high the board won't allow me to increase them any further. And selling players may be my only option, although I'm screwed in regards to my goalkeeper & star striker-my keeper gets nearly 17k for keeping a clean sheet, whilst McFadden earns nearly 5k for scoring. Too bad he has 17 goals in 19 games <_<

I finally got round to starting a proper game of this, i've been on 08 alot lately due to my PC being quite slow in regards to 09.

But started a game up with Hearts.

Dodgy start, 5 games in the SPL gone, 2 wins, 1 draw (at Hamilton >_< ) and 2 defeats.

And strangely enough, Christian Nade has 4 goals, which is equal to his tally at this very time this season :unsure:

Atleast it's realistic in the sense that Romanov wont give me any extra money to spend on players, even after flogging Mikey Stewart for 675k.

However, the games actually moving decently, still take me about 5 days to actually finish a season i'll imagine.

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

That will go down in history. For the second year in a row a Scottish team are European champions. 2012 Rangers, 2013 Celtic. Could 2014 be Aberdeen's year? Scotland's co-efficient rocks. 3 Champion's League places, 3 UEFA Cup places, plus a place in 2013/2014 for Fair Play and a Intertoto Spot. 8 European places for a league of 12 teams.

Make that three years in a row. Celtic won the bloody thing again. 2-1 win against Valencia in the final. How the hell can they win the Champion's League but every season I win the league but at least ten points?!?!?! Grrr...

I don't believe this and you guys probably won't either but this is the 2015 Champion's League Final. Celtic versus Rangers

If this was real life the biggest police presence in history would be required. I shall report back with the result in about 20 minutes.

What are the teams like?

Official Result:

Celtic 2 - 3 Rangers (AET)

The thing is, on paper Celtic's team sucks despite being bought over in 2009 by an Israeli billionaire and getting a huge transfer budget every year. Really weak statistics and all but they seem to have an amazing team spirit and that helps them get through. Unfortunately though I have a great team thanks to my acquisition of Theo Walcott on a Bosman and his subsequent sale for £35m. Then buying Cesc Fabregas for £55m and selling him for £97m :D. That's me just finished nine in a row as well. So one more season and I think I'll call it a day with this game. I've won practically everything. 9 SPL championships, 5 Scottish Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 Champion's League titles, European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

Oh and one more thing, Jeremy Mathieu is a LEGEND. Bought him in my first season for £2.9m and he's been the best buy ever. Every season he's the most consistent performer and a great captain.

Now onto 2015/2016 and TEN IN A ROW :D

We going to need to see line-ups?

Now bear in mind that this is 2015 so a lot of these guys are either generated or start out very young.

Celtic

Starting Eleven

1. Geoffrey Jourdren

2. Manuel Ruz

3. Michael Dair (sent off (120))

4. Martin Skrtel

5. Andrea Masiello

6. Alberto Zapater ©

7. Stewart Robinson

8. Craig Beattie (MotM) (Scored 39')

9. David Brown

10. David Barrett

11. Nelson Valdez

Substitutes

12. Brian Banks

13. Phil Selby

14. Stewart Ramsay

15. Bobby McMaster

16. Frederic Duplus

17. Jamie McHardy (Scored 79')

18. Graham Kenneth

Rangers

Starting Eleven

1. Ben Foster

2. Eduardo Ratinho (sent off (49))

3. Cesar Fawcett

4. Dario Galván

5. Jack Hobbs

6. Gay Assulin

7. Ashley Young

8. Jeremy Mathiéu © (Scored 101')

9. Kevin Thomson (Scored 66')

10. Steven Fletcher

11. Thiago Ribeiro (Scored 61')

Substitutes

12. Oscar Ustari

13. Steven Whittaker

14. Ryan Bertrand

15. Naldo

16. Steven Davis

17. John Austin

18. Henri Saivet

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

That will go down in history. For the second year in a row a Scottish team are European champions. 2012 Rangers, 2013 Celtic. Could 2014 be Aberdeen's year? Scotland's co-efficient rocks. 3 Champion's League places, 3 UEFA Cup places, plus a place in 2013/2014 for Fair Play and a Intertoto Spot. 8 European places for a league of 12 teams.

Make that three years in a row. Celtic won the bloody thing again. 2-1 win against Valencia in the final. How the hell can they win the Champion's League but every season I win the league but at least ten points?!?!?! Grrr...

I don't believe this and you guys probably won't either but this is the 2015 Champion's League Final. Celtic versus Rangers

If this was real life the biggest police presence in history would be required. I shall report back with the result in about 20 minutes.

What are the teams like?

Official Result:

Celtic 2 - 3 Rangers (AET)

The thing is, on paper Celtic's team sucks despite being bought over in 2009 by an Israeli billionaire and getting a huge transfer budget every year. Really weak statistics and all but they seem to have an amazing team spirit and that helps them get through. Unfortunately though I have a great team thanks to my acquisition of Theo Walcott on a Bosman and his subsequent sale for £35m. Then buying Cesc Fabregas for £55m and selling him for £97m :D. That's me just finished nine in a row as well. So one more season and I think I'll call it a day with this game. I've won practically everything. 9 SPL championships, 5 Scottish Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 Champion's League titles, European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

Oh and one more thing, Jeremy Mathieu is a LEGEND. Bought him in my first season for £2.9m and he's been the best buy ever. Every season he's the most consistent performer and a great captain.

Now onto 2015/2016 and TEN IN A ROW :D

We going to need to see line-ups?

Now bear in mind that this is 2015 so a lot of these guys are either generated or start out very young.

Celtic

Starting Eleven

1. Geoffrey Jourdren

2. Manuel Ruz

3. Michael Dair (sent off (120))

4. Martin Skrtel

5. Andrea Masiello

6. Alberto Zapater ©

7. Stewart Robinson

8. Craig Beattie (MotM) (Scored 39')

9. David Brown

10. David Barrett

11. Nelson Valdez

Substitutes

12. Brian Banks

13. Phil Selby

14. Stewart Ramsay

15. Bobby McMaster

16. Frederic Duplus

17. Jamie McHardy (Scored 79')

18. Graham Kenneth

Rangers

Starting Eleven

1. Ben Foster

2. Eduardo Ratinho (sent off (49))

3. Cesar Fawcett

4. Dario Galván

5. Jack Hobbs

6. Gay Assulin

7. Ashley Young

8. Jeremy Mathiéu © (Scored 101')

9. Kevin Thomson (Scored 66')

10. Steven Fletcher

11. Thiago Ribeiro (Scored 61')

Substitutes

12. Oscar Ustari

13. Steven Whittaker

14. Ryan Bertrand

15. Naldo

16. Steven Davis

17. John Austin

18. Henri Saivet

Going by the guys I know Celtic has one extremely average team except maybe Zapater and Skrtel. Also, Naldo must be really old by now.

Stuff.

In my game now Naldo is 32 years old, about to turn 33. But he's still a really good defender. For Celtic's team Jourdren, Ruz and Valdez are also quite good, but the rest of the squad is pretty weak individually but they play well together.

Don't know how Jack Hobbs got good but he did. Spent time with Nottingham Forest, Gretna, Tottenham, Wigan, Middlesbrough and Everton before I signed him for £13.25m.

Oh and since you asked about the David Brown from the Leeds Academy, you'll be happy to know he's not doing well.

post-57-1233999612_thumb.jpg

post-57-1233999634_thumb.jpg

Reading through this reminded me of some weird stuff that happenned in my previous games (mostly 07 and 08). Man Utd and MK Dons both got new feeder clubs, FC United and AFC Wimbledon respectively :oD OK so I was managing both Man U and MK at the time but still.

My Swansea City team ended up with Sampdoria and Fulham as feeders as well.

In terms of best teams, I usually havent got far enough in more recent games to develop a killer squad as I normally start out with a small team. On one Barca game (07 I think) though I ended up with:

Cech

Vanden Borre - Kompany - Puyol

Gerrard - Fabregas - Downing

Ronaldinho - Kaka

Henry - Torres

My most successful team was back on CM93 with Man United, went 15 years winning everything, only lost 6 matches in that time. Obviously over so long there wasn't jsut one team but here are some of the players (played with system that included a sweeper, two CB, two FB with arrows, 2 CM, 1 support and 2 Strikers. Also played a winger at sweeper most fo that time (sharpe was fantastic there))

GK: Schmeichal

D: Pallister, Bruce, Paul Warhurst, Irwin, Parker, Rob Jones, Lee Sharpe (Sweeper), Kevin Jones (Wrexham), Potter (WBA I think?)

M: Robson, Don Hutchinson, Giggs, Sharpe, Roy Keane, Pat Keane (Cambridge), Tommy Johnson

A: Shearer, Cantona, McLair, Lee Jones, Scott Partridge

Anyone got any ideas how I can get Van Persie scoring again? He's gone over 1000 mins without a goal (apart from a goal in a pen shoot-out). I've tried telling him I have faith in him, and that there's no pressure on him but virtually every shot he takes goes well wide!

Also any tips on how to score more goals in general? Going into December and I still havent scored more than 2 goals in a game in the league?

My first choice team is GK: Almunia LB: Clichy CB: Toure CB: Gallas RB: Sagna DMC: Diarra LM: Arda CM: Fabregas RM: Walcott ST: RVP ST: Adebayor

Stick Van Persie in the reserves for a few weeks, if he scores at that lower level bring him back up and he'll be ready again. Or arrange a friendly with some non league club and see if he can score.

I would assume it would just run out and you'd be allowed to leave, but maybe someone who's done it can confirm that.

But related to that - is there anything to be gained by asking for more money when you're offered a new deal? I mean, it's not real money obviously, so why risk the board pulling out of negotiations or just generally pissing them off by asking for more?

When they put the feature in there was talk of if you're on a big contract then the board might be less willing to sack you because they'd have to pay you a lot in conpensation.

I know on my Hyde United game I just let my contract expire because I thought I'd become a bit too good for them but I still wanted to finish off the season. The board didn't do anything like sack me or try and arrange a replacement. They'd offer me new deals pretty regularly though. Which I would reject.

Got a question. Before i took the Juve job i applied for a few other jobs and accepted the Juve job but those clubs didn't get a new manager and keeps saying in the Transfer Centre i'm in contract negiotiations so they can't get a new manager...Plus Spurs still haven't got a manager. IS there a way to fix this?

Okay EWB, I need your help.

I'm going to buy Football Manager 2009 over the next few days but only if I can figure out how to get it to fucking work. I've read so much about how I have to register it and download through something called steam, but I've got no idea how to do it. I usually just buy the game a few days after release and away I go.

So I could really do with someone posting (or PM'ing) instructions on how I get the game up and running, preferably with the latest patches installed aswell.

:) Thank You