Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I said ages ago, I want contract negotiations, where for example you can demand complete control over transfers. As well as that, I'd like your manager to have a randomly-generated player history, which would affect your job prospects. So, for example, if you were a legendary Newcastle midfielder, then Newcastle might be more willing to offer you a job, while Sunderland would avoid you because of potential fan backlash.

As I said ages ago, I want contract negotiations, where for example you can demand complete control over transfers. As well as that, I'd like your manager to have a randomly-generated player history, which would affect your job prospects. So, for example, if you were a legendary Newcastle midfielder, then Newcastle might be more willing to offer you a job, while Sunderland would avoid you because of potential fan backlash

Ya i think that would be a great idea

Fine them for unprofessional behaviour.

I hope that works. I signed some guy to be a backup right back and Osei Sankofa was all "wah boss why sign him arent i good enough fuck you bitch its because im black isnt it". Eventually he got past it, but fuck that was annoying. Anyway. FM06 game. It's currently this season (08/09) and in early December. Man United are top. My Charlton are second. Chelsea third, Liverpool fourth, Arsenal 11th. Oh yes. Darren Bent won the Golden Boot last year with something ridiculous like 39 goals as well.

I hate how it gets harder to loan players out and sell them for a decent amount of money as the game goes on. At the start you can loan out every one and their mothers, now in 2013 no clubs are interested in a beast of a regen; I don't buy it. On an entirely unrelated note, I just finished third in my CL group with 12 points <_< That sucked.

On the flip side of that point, it becomes nigh on impossible to get loanees to come to your side who are decent. They basically all refuse to go out to any side below their division that they are situated. For example, Rhys Murphy and Rodrigo Possebon, I had them both on loan at Doncaster in my first season there, the next season they don't want to know. So for the next few years they sit and rot in their clubs reserves.

On the flip side of that point, it becomes nigh on impossible to get loanees to come to your side who are decent. They basically all refuse to go out to any side below their division that they are situated. For example, Rhys Murphy and Rodrigo Possebon, I had them both on loan at Doncaster in my first season there, the next season they don't want to know. So for the next few years they sit and rot in their clubs reserves.

Yeah good point too. I have two affiliate teams where my reserves/youth have a good chance to gain some experience but almost none want to go there, as if they think they actually have a chance of getting in the first team. I remember in FM06 I had a game with Crystal Palace and had a team full of great loanees from clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal. Now they either don't want to come or are just complete shit like the Gilles Sunu's of this world.

It's strange how some players are complete and utter crap at the start of the game, yet when you scout them they are quality signings. I sold Possebon in my first year and he went to AlbinoLeffe, some random Italian team. He quickly went to the Rangers and a year later he went to Reading where he's a starting player. He's average, but I never expected him to actually get this far. Now with Ajax I'm getting Gael Kakuta in the next transfer window because he has actually gotten quite good, which I never expected. Time on the pitch can make a player so much better sometimes, it's weird.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

What the fuck? I've just finished my first season as Leeds, and Peter Thompson overtook Jermaine Beckford as top goalscorer by scoring 17 in the last 8 games. He actually scored 3 consecutive hat tricks :blink:

Two games into my first full season as Banfield boss. We've scored 5 and conceded 2. I'm still waiting to get a penalty. Because then Christian Lucchetti has his moment to score! And I want my goalscoring goalkeeper but am too afraid to make him take free kicks :(

Fine them for unprofessional behaviour.

I hope that works. I signed some guy to be a backup right back and Osei Sankofa was all "wah boss why sign him arent i good enough fuck you bitch its because im black isnt it". Eventually he got past it, but fuck that was annoying. Anyway. FM06 game. It's currently this season (08/09) and in early December. Man United are top. My Charlton are second. Chelsea third, Liverpool fourth, Arsenal 11th. Oh yes. Darren Bent won the Golden Boot last year with something ridiculous like 39 goals as well.

Addendum: Bent was just named the best striker in Europe. I love this game.

Also, I recently beat Blackburn 5-0 because they had three people sent off.

I do not see good things in Tranmere's future:

tranmere.th.png

It is apparently very easy to find capable left sided players but a real bitch to find guys for the right. Finding a new defensive midfielder is a bitch too.

Also, Newcastle went down and Owen signed a new 3 year deal on 125k a week, what the hell? I mean, I thought he'd want out and the club would be pushing him too since he's raping their wage bill.

Edited by Ledley King Ellis

How the heck have they only got 7 first team players?

Also I love how I can beat Osaka FC 2-0 and Pachuca 3-1 and then be treat as if I've just done the impossible. Won the Club World Championship with ease and everyone loves me because of it, that to go with my Community Shield and Super Cup.

Into the Semi Finals of the League Cup, Got a 3rd round match with Barnet awaiting in the FA Cup, am 3rd in the league (but have 2 games in hand so should I win them both I will go top as I already have a superior goal difference to Chelsea who are keeping my spot warm) and am into the last 16 of the Champions League with Shakhtar awaiting me, nicest draw I could probably have got. Aside from maybe Rangers or Celtic.

On my return to Premiership action we beat Boro 5-0 with Giggs scoring 2. It's nice to see he still has it.

I won the Carling Cup with Everton beating Man United in the final, they played a rubbish back 4 with Cathcart,Simpson,Evans and Fabio playing. Vaughan nicked the ball off Cathcart twice and scored.

Also into the FA Cup Semi Final where we are drawn away to Arsenal, still battling for relegation in the league and Cahill has been ruled out for 6 months with a broken leg, my other brilliant central midfielder Charles Kabore is incredibly injury prone so I am relying on the old legs of Ryan Giggs and Phill Neville in Central Midfield(it works better then it sounds!.)

I bought in Mohammed Zidan since I seemed to be lacking a goalscorer but his signing ended up transforming Vaughan into a goal machine so now Zidan sits on the bench.

Oh and I just had a match with Millwall where Howard ran out to the wing, won the ball then kept going forward before losing out to their full back who launched it towards my goal only for Jagielka to get back and head it away to safety...brilliance!

What the fuck? I've just finished my first season as Leeds, and Peter Thompson overtook Jermaine Beckford as top goalscorer by scoring 17 in the last 8 games. He actually scored 3 consecutive hat tricks :blink:

He did that for Linfield about three years ago >_>

That is pretty unrealistic.

I'm going to guess you mean Blackburn losing 5-0, but you could be talking about most of that post and you'd be right. I think I already mentioned how Chelsea paid me £20 million for Michael Dawson, but I looked at his profile and apparently he hasn't made an appearance in the league so far, he's been in the reserves. I love this game.