Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find the fun game is always the one I'm not doing. If I'm a lower league team I want to manage a top team and bring through the youth, if I'm doing that I want to be managing in the Slovenian 2nd division, and if I'm doing that I want to be in South America, doing that I want to be making India/China's leagues better, and if I do that I want to be a lower league team. Swings and roundabouts, ey?

21cy3cp.jpg

Teams don't get much more black or white than us. No middle ground here I'm afraid, win or lose. None of this 'drawing' shit.

3 wins at home, 1 loss at hom

4 losses away

It's uncanny.

Edited by IAceI

Started a save with Atletico Bilbao. It's a hard challange, since you can only get Basque players. However, they have Llorente and Yeste, so, it's a lot easier like that :D

My goal is to take them to a CL win. Very hard, but a perfect challange

It's a great challenge but the problem is that after a few years you really have to rely on good players coming through your youth ranks, which is something you just cannot rely on at all. A good example of this is Ajax, who has one of the best if not the best youth system in the world, yet in FM I've rarely gotten any world class players from my Ajax youth team. So I think you might have a shot at qualifying for the CL in the first 5 or so years, but then the ship will probably sink.

That just serves you right for managing Ajax

I find the fun game is always the one I'm not doing. If I'm a lower league team I want to manage a top team and bring through the youth, if I'm doing that I want to be managing in the Slovenian 2nd division, and if I'm doing that I want to be in South America, doing that I want to be making India/China's leagues better, and if I do that I want to be a lower league team. Swings and roundabouts, ey?

Teams don't get much more black or white than us. No middle ground here I'm afraid, win or lose. None of this 'drawing' shit.

3 wins at home, 1 loss at hom

4 losses away

It's uncanny.

I'm 11 wins and 7 losses after 18 games in the league with Spurs at the moment. Lost a couple right at the end which should've been draws <_<

Also, anyone else had a board decide a match would be a fan day so as to attract new fans? Leeds (yeah, they're back in the Premiership, first year back was 11/12 before they got relegated back to the Championship for the 14/15 season. They got promoted straight away and are now 5th in the league in 16/17) decided to make my match against them a fan day, Bale ended up conceding an own goal in the last minute to give them the win :@

Results aren't massively important in fans days from what I've seen, a 1-0 win can still end badly whereas a 3-3 draw will go over well. Just play attacking football and hope it looks good, obviously it hardly matters when you're the opposing team on a fan day. Does help your income though so it's a useful hint for teams who need those extra 10, 20, 50, 100 people at a match each week.

Jesus Christ... this Killie game is horrible

It seems that I don't have enough money for any transfers at the start... I'm absolutely fine with that, the squad looks good enough.

However... because of the loan the club has, every week I'm losing money repaying this loan that seems to have grown stupidly over a few weeks.

Now I'm near November.... am about £1.2m in debt, and I can't give contracts to any of my players because I can't afford the signing fees.

On the plus side I'm only 11th... but I have a sneaky suspicion that by the end of things I'll be administration, throwing the club into 12th.

I gave up on Gillingham following a 3-1 win over Hartlepool. I wanted to get back into Man Utd so I kinda rigged it to try and get back in but they just gave it to Mike Phelan originally, then Rijkaard and Van Basten.

So now I'm loading up a load of leagues and doing one of these "journeyman" games, hopefully it won't slow down until I plan on buying a new computer later this month hopefully.

I love this Wycombe game, last 2 games of the season and I need to win both to get into the play-offs and possibly get promoted. I got some loans from Man Utd and Liverpool that have been good since they got here. We hit a run of shitty games but we're coming together just when we need to. Hopefully I can achieve promotion this season, I have some good players coming in on frees so even if we don't we'll hopefully do it next season.

SOOOO I drew and I lost the last 2 games and missed out on the final play-off spot. Kinda bummed, but for some reason I'm not inclined to quit. I'm actually motivated to keep playing and that hasn't happened since CM 03/04. Signed a new contract until 2012, hopefully we can achieve promotion this season.

From the last two team screen shots I've seen, it seems people enjoy wasting away English talent :(

I don't think either teams starting 11 and bench had one English player in them. With Spurs, I have 3 definite English starters (not as much as I'd like either, but in some games that can be 5-6 easy) and my bench would have four. If I were to do a best 11 and then a 2nd 11, exactly half would be English.

Do y'all like to have at least a few homegrown talent in the team? Or is your squad more-or-less all foreign?

The only reason that last screenshot was posted was to show off that they had put together that team. He just covered it by asking for help, knowing full well he doesn't need it.

I make it my point to sign or to keep a core base of English players when managing in the Premiership. Guys like Glen Johnson and Michael Johnson provide good quality to mid table sides. I'm not a big fan of plucking these special Brazilians such as Marquinhos and Keirrison.

The thing is i do need help! I need help deciding on another Defender, As Kompany and forlin have both been pretty terrible for me and Richards isnt great playing CB (been using him as a RB mainly) I cant think of anyone to put in there!

Also im gunna have to sell Sergio Ramos as he costs me far too much money a week (over 250k a week, near enough double the next highest payed player is getting) So i basically have no CB's at the end of the season, going forward my team has no worries its the defence thats the problem and potentially a back up Keeper.

Also with regards to english talent, I still use Micah richards Ashley young and stewart downing alot! I also have wayne bridge but hes getting a bit too old so mainly plays reserve games, Also i have alot of potential good english youngsters but none that i can afford to throw into the squad when im challenging for all 4 trophies. Currently i have all my good young english talent going to barcelona as i have a loan agreement with them (i dont know how in the hell i got them as a affiliated club but im not complaining :)) So hopefully within another season or 2 when the likes of kaka eto and Ribery are useless ile have youngsters trying to fill there boots.

Playing as City I use Micah Richards, Glen Johnson, and Shaun Wright-Phillips in my starting XI at all times and Michael Johnson half the time. I always have Aaron Lennon to cover Wright-Phillips and Joe Hart as a backup keeper still. Finished 2nd in the league last year too so you don't need to go foreign with City to win.