Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm...I'm thinking of signing Lee Cattermole from Wigan for United and turning him into the next Paul Scholes, only more brutal and aggresive :pervert:, think it'd work? I ask because I'm quite new to this.

What do Frank Lampard, Andrea Piro, Massimo Ambrosini, Lucio, John Carew and Karel Poborsky all have in common?

I think the better question would be "who is the odd one out" because jeez, Karel Poborsky...he's in the annals of history alongside guys like Jordi Cruyff and like, Massimo Taibi

Stole this from somewhere.

To play in windowed mode:

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & click properties.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM09

Thanks boss

Edited by Fudge

How long does it usually take? Take Moutinho for example; he's not even got basic yet and I've had him since like, three weeks in to the game. It's now nearly January.

How long does it usually take? Take Moutinho for example; he's not even got basic yet and I've had him since like, three weeks in to the game. It's now nearly January.

I think it takes a season to get basic. That's how long it took Vagner Love to get it for me.

Guess I will post in here...

I have Football Manager 2009, but it doesn't work on my computer for whatever reason (I think it's to do with the 3D Graphics or something, but it doesn't even open so I can't change it to 2D (If you can) either. >_> ) so yeah, i'm stuck with 2008.

I'm three years in as Newcastle (lolnewcastlesupporter. :P), and finished 5th, 4th, then 5th again after Tottenham suddenly became amazing, and just about to start my fourth season in charge after bringing in many free transfers. I'm probably going to have to screenshot my current squad. Nearly everybody is out on loan, so currently, my squad is small (Since I move all people out on loan into my reserves). I'll screenshot the reserves as well though, I guess.

First Team

Reserves

Rest of Reserves

Oh, and Genero Zeefuik is a beast. Bought him for £350k, and here are his stats now.

Here

So... result. Only reason I loaned him out is because Owen and Martins are above him in the pecking order, but since he is still young, he can get some match practice, and Barcelona loaned him. ^^

I don't see why an incompatability with the 3D game engine would prevent you from loading the game at all (to at least reach the required screen to turn it off). Not sure what's up with that.

I had that problem on a different computer than my own. It works fine on my laptop, but on the PC in question there was nothing I could do about it, and the good people of EWB couldn't think of anything either. Too be honest, I think your PC just can't handle it. That's all I could put it down to in the end.

Ah, Zeefuik. I remember signing him as, I think it was Villa on 08 or 07, guy was awesome. To be honest, I wasn't really after him too much but I do have a tedency to bring in extra bodies if they're availible on Bosmans. He turned out to be awesome though.

That was a good save. ^_^

I'm loving Koln so far. Just like I did in CM03/04 (a game in which I left them after two seasons for Bayern, forsaking my plan to turn Koln into a force). My fifth game in charge and we've beaten Stuggart 2-1 with a goal in the 96th min. to go second after four games behind Leverkusen. Still early days but a positive start.

The team that lined up against Stuttgart, Sept. 17 2011

GK Roman Weidenfeller

DR Miso Brecko

DL Cory Gibbs

CB Vincent Kompany

CB Mauro Cetto

MR Kevin Monnet-Paquet

ML Adil Chihi

CM Billy Jones

AM Nene (Mimoun Azaouagh, 90mins )

ST Johan Elmander (Serkan Ozkan, 70mins)

ST Manasseh Ishiaku

Elmander had an early goal disallowed. Ishiaku put us in front on 70 mins. Stuggart equalised in the 88th and then Azaouagh netted in the sixth min. of added time for VICTORY!

A fine bunch of men.

After too many 1-1 draws with perhaps a too fancy formation, I've reverted to an old fashioned 4-4-2 and it's been working a treat, won the last 4 matches on the bounce. Agbonlahor's been in fine form, 4 in the last 4 and 5 in 12 in the league in total, so he's really come into the limelight.

GK: Scott Carson

DR: Keith Watson

DL: George McCartney

DC: Nyron Nosworthy

DC: Sean St. Ledger

MR: Dean Whitehead

ML: Daryl Murphy/Keiran Richardson/Andy Reid

MC: Teemu Tainio/Andy Reid/Keiran Richardson/Fabrice Abriel/Grant Leadbitter

MC: Teemu Tainio/Andy Reid/Keiran Richardson/Fabrice Abriel/Grant Leadbitter

ST: Gabriel Agbonlahor

ST: Valeri Bojinov

MC is a bit of a tough choice. I have Matt McLean, a 17 year old whose been injured in 3 games out of 6 now. Well done to him. Leadbitter wants to go but I want him to stay, then it's just pretty much whoevers fit/playing well at the time.