Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Right, I've downloaded a shit ton of facepacks today, including the Dinamo Kiev one, so I can have Guilherme's picture up on my United game. However, Guilherme wasn't in the pack, and so I've saved a picture from the internet, making sure it was the correct format (PNG) and size (140x180). I saved it with the file name guilherme, and it just wont work.

It then occurred to me that the rest of the Kiev player pictures have a number as their file name. How can I find this number out for Guilherme to see if that works? Or, if you know why this isn't working for me, could you tell me how to get it working?

In the Preferences there's an Option that's something like "Show Unique IDs". That's how you get his number.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rio Ferdinand just beat Liverpool's offside trap and scored. With his foot. After a corner.

I don't believe you, that is simply not possible.

I didn't think it would be possible but he still scored. Too bad it wasn't the winning goal. :P I could post a link to the goal but I don't know how to export the goal :(

Right, I've downloaded a shit ton of facepacks today, including the Dinamo Kiev one, so I can have Guilherme's picture up on my United game. However, Guilherme wasn't in the pack, and so I've saved a picture from the internet, making sure it was the correct format (PNG) and size (140x180). I saved it with the file name guilherme, and it just wont work.

It then occurred to me that the rest of the Kiev player pictures have a number as their file name. How can I find this number out for Guilherme to see if that works? Or, if you know why this isn't working for me, could you tell me how to get it working?

In the Preferences there's an Option that's something like "Show Unique IDs". That's how you get his number.

Yeah, therockbox said do that earlier. I tried it, and it didn't work.

Hi I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such helpful posts as 'How to escape from your knife wielding boss, who's wife you just banged' and 'Why won't my penis go hard!'

Today I'm here to tell you how to get a players picture in to Football Manager 2009.

Make a folder in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\

Download Config.xml and put it in the folder.

Find out your players unique ID

Change the values shown to your unique ID, on the xml file

2qdbkar.jpg

Save the image you want to use as your unique ID.png and put it in the folder you made.

Then go on Preferences > Display & Sound and untick 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm'. Once done press Confirm and it should now work.

---------------

Stole from FM-Base :pervert:

Thank you muchly kind sir, I shall give this ago later. (Y)

Edited by KoA

Yeah, a lot of leagues finish the same day as the FA Cup final.. so all they have to do is push the CL Final back a week and a half. So technically.. if they changed ti this year.. the final would've been today.

EDIT: FM 2008 question, how do I put in logo packs ?

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

Logo packs can be downloaded from a number of sites. You just put them in the appropriate folder FM 09 folder in the Sports Interactive folder in the DOCUMENTS folder.

1. It's 2008 .. and I can not find a logo folder...

2. I've downloaded a few packs already, so yeah I know where to get em, just not where to put them.

Yeah, therockbox said do that earlier. I tried it, and it didn't work.

Hi I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such helpful posts as 'How to escape from your knife wielding boss, who's wife you just banged' and 'Why won't my penis go hard!'

Today I'm here to tell you how to get a players picture in to Football Manager 2009.

Make a folder in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\

Download Config.xml and put it in the folder.

Find out your players unique ID

Change the values shown to your unique ID, on the xml file

2qdbkar.jpg

Save the image you want to use as your unique ID.png and put it in the folder you made.

Then go on Preferences > Display & Sound and untick 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm'. Once done press Confirm and it should now work.

---------------

Stole from FM-Base :pervert:

Thank you muchly kind sir, I shall give this ago later. (Y)

It's still insisting on being a prick and not working... :(

EDIT: Fixed it!

Edited by KoA

Hugo Rodallega is a beast!.

Signed him for 2.5 million with Celtic and at his first season he scored 18 goals, this season he's been disrupted by injuries but in 11 games he's got 13 goals and it's not even January!

My owner fucked me over and sold Maloney(17 assists last season),Boruc,Mark Wilson(handy utility defender)and Gary Caldwell. I thought I'd have to spend big on replacements but Ali Boussabon has shifted to the right wing from forward and done great...I'll probably bring in a goalkeeper soon but young Dominic Cervi does okay. John Kennedy who was out on loan at the beginning of the game has taken over Caldwell's position whilst Darren O Dea has become quite versatile.

Made loads of money in the summer and replaced all those players without using money..great stuff