Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started a new game as Man Utd, and am mid way through the 2011/2012 season, and Welbeck just cannot stop scoring. He is leading the goalscoring charge with 19, and its only December. Cant decide who to keep out of the team now, I mean Rooney is Rooney afterall, but Berbatov is second highest scorer. Oh well, at least they are all scoring.

Luckily for me, Rafael is also turning into one of the best RB in the league, so its all good.

Guest Ringmaster

So my save went BIH, somewhere around 2034. Went Lundt (Swedish div.3, were in div. 1 by time I was done), then wound up at Vitesse, Bilbao, Palermo, PSG, Monchengladbach, New England Revs. and one more club I forget, but then, finally, around 2022 or something I went to Leeds in the CCC and built them for 10 years. All the while, I managed Canada for something like 20 years to some terrible results up until we made it to a semi sometimes in the twenties, fucking bastard regens were actually above average :shifty: Some serious crazy shit in this game, Phil Neville managing Liverpool!? I don't think so :shifty:

Anyways, started a new game as Burnley, 10 games in I've conceded 40 odd goals, including a 11-1 rape at the hands of Man Shitty, but it's okay, I'm still 15th or so. Had really shitty funds, so I could only buy Rob Friend and loan Joey Barton and Fran Merida (MOTHERFUCKER GOT A 1.6 AGAINST MAN SHITTY :@). Friend's been a mensch though, and since I switched to a 4-2-3-1 he's been raping defenses. Of course, now, he's injured and I get the feeling this system won't work as well with Steven Fletcher.

Oddly, I don't see this game lasting as long as the other one. Best start off unemployed again, eventually.

Edited by Ringmaster

I am going to start my new game, after tarting the game in February 2009 with a 09/10 stats update. This is interesting.

I have had possibly the best in-game month imaginable.

At the end of June I won the World Cup with England (after one hell of a match with Italy that resulted in extra time)

Then Newcastle had a takeover and the manager promptly quit to go to Inter (He did brilliantly and... I also question that deal ¬_¬)

Then I was offered the Newcastle job with a £90m transfer budget!!!

And to top it all off, Sergio Aguero has a £30m release clause in his contract

I can't wait to rape the leagues with Aguero yet again ¬_¬

EDIT: And to top it off, I've just recouped £30m from Owen and Martins combined... What the hell?

Edited by The General

So I'm about to kick off the 09/10 season, my first season, with Pompey who in this update actually have loads of money to spend so its not exactly accurate.

In:

Igor Akinfeev

Joleon Lescott

Marouane Felleini

Emmanuel Adebayor

Benjani

Jack Collison

Eden Hazard

Andy O'Brien

Phillip Degen

Out:

Dave Nugent (Bolton)

John Utaka (Everton)

Niko Kranjcar (Liverpool)

Nikola Kalinic (Man City)

We start at spurs after a pre-season where we only lost twice to Feyonoord and AC Milan respectively.

So I wasn't doing particularly well at Inter and decided to resign since I wasn't having fun and at 7 or 8 points off the title in January and a spell of away games (which I couldn't win to save my life, no matter the opponents) coming my way, I wasn't going to get any closer. So I holidayed from February to November, fulfilling my duties as England manager in between (Fabian Delph's 90th minute strike against Ireland ensuring European Championships qualification) until Real Betis offered me the job. I was sceptical at first until I saw they were predicted second in the league and had been taken over by a tycoon a few months before. So I took the job, thinking it'll be fun to build them up in the same way I did Man City. £99M transfer budget that I can't spend until January, which is annoying. I've gone for a 4-4-2 since that seems to be where the team's strength lies, though I'm having to play all sorts of players out of position to get the strongest lineup. I'll probably spunk some money about in January to improve things, for the time being I'm just signing the coaches and scouts I signed for Man City and then took to Inter. I'll probably buy my regens as well, meaning that I would've spent like £15M on some of them before they're even 20 :shifty:

There's something really depressing about having the opportunity to sign a good player on a Free Transfer...but not doing so, because he wants 'Key Player' wages and you know that he's hardly guaranteed a spot ahead of all your existing players in his position.

Case in point: Salomon Kalou. Free transfer from Chelsea? Yay! £90,000p/w wages? ...Hmm. Demanding 'Key Player' status, despite Ashley Young/Andrei Arshavin/Pablo Aimar/Theo Walcott likely being as good, if not better than him? Cue a massive bout of sulking five months down the road.

Damn. Had to say no. :(

So far, so good. I got manager of the month for August and Adebayor got player of the month and leads the scoring in the EPL early on. Of course, as it goes with Manager of the Month after I won it, we lost to West Ham due to Amir Zaki having a stormer. Then Chelsea beat us 3-1 in the League Cup after we'd taken the lead.

lol, Betis board.

The aim for the season was for us to win the league (even though they finished 7th last season, 6th the season before, 7th the season before that... you get the picture), and the team was 7th or so in the league when I took over in November, miles off the pace. On the Competitions page it said that they wouldn't be judging me on my performance in the League or in the Spanish Cup. Now, though, after a spell of 8 wins in 12 games (and only one loss, that being my first match, as I struggled to get to grips - two of the draws have been against Barca and Real also), they say I should be performing better in the league and my job status is insecure! I'm guessing I'll be fine and they really won't judge me on my performance (because they promised!), but I hope this doesn't interfere with them giving me a new contract or whatever. I bought Maquinhos and Vela, both are doing awesome, and I have de la Red and Javi Martinez coming in the Summer. Should be able to challenge properly next season.