WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

JoeMimic

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only played once, and I'm reserving judgement on the controls as it's an entirely different system to what I'm used to, they don't seem like they'll be much of a problem though. On the whole, I'm loving the presentation, the closer camera angles, the video recaps and chunky player models. There's some quality game play ideas as well with the 3-step move strength thing and the finisher set up i.e. Austin's punching to elbow drop to stunner, makes it more like a real match rather than in Smackdown where it's always toe kick to groggy them, followed by finisher out of nowhere. The main thing that concerns me is that they've clealry gone to a lot of trouble to make it look like you're watching WWE programming, and then fill the screen with giant button-mash diagrams and intrusive quick-time notifications. Why couldn't they just stick them in the top corner or something?

Played a little more today, continues to impress me a little. Played Hogan/Andre, really good match. Hit the leg drop, only for Heenan to interfere. I managed to grab him and pull him into the ring, only for Andre to attack me from behind and kick the shit out of me. Managed to make a comeback and I actually ended up winning the match with a huge scoop power slam which just felt so realistic.

Still, I really need to play the full game of this. I'm hoping it gets knocked down to a cheap price over here in the UK, hopefully a special half price at some point.

After playing it more, I've come to some conclusions. One, that the reversal button is weird, as some matches it works fine and others it refuses to work, and two that I still had fun and would play it a fair bit in short bursts and will be getting it when it comes down in price.

Edited by timmayy Makabe

After spending all day yesterday downloading the demo I've spent a fair time playing with it. Personally It's got alot of pluses. The control system, although hard to get used to at first, Is much simpler and makes it a more free to access and pick-up play sort of game, where as SVR is very technical and more for wrestling fans in particular. The presentation is very very good and the ridiculously over sized character builds just adds to the more arcadic feel which, in my opinion, is a good thing. I really like the little video accompanying the Rock/Austin match. It's got some flaws but as it's only a demo and there's still some time to full release I'm getting good vibes from this game. Will defo be buying and possibly borrowing SVR09 from someone to add a higher level of playability.

I really enjoyed this demo. It's a welcomed change from the we're trying so hard it hurts approach of other wrestling games on the market. And it's kept simplistic enough, that even the casual gamer/wrestling fan can enjoy it.

Also, the experience is consistently that of nostalgia, without a doubt.

After several minutes of struggling, I had Andre down for the count, but Heenan reached through and propped his leg up on the rope, shattering my hopes for the moment. I pulled Heenah over, and proceeded to take my vengeance out. In a classic wrestling instance, though, I turn, only to face the wrath of Andre. And yet the match ends up in my favor, very dramatically. I just love this...

hoganlow.png

Just got done playing... it's decent, but incredibly easy. I'm assuming this is just a standard setting and can be propped up during the actual game. Couple things I notced:

A lot of options in Exhibition, which is a lot better considering all I have heard is singles, rumble, and steel cage. I'm assuming tag team and tag cage, probably falls count anywhere/bedlam/etc. So hopefully there are some good additions to that.

Also, I noticed there was a fourth in modes... I thought it was just relive, rewrite, and redefine... anyone know what the fourth is?

Downloaded the demo last night and had a quick play.

Seems like a good game, one of those the more you play the more you like.

Fought Andre three times and he kicked my ass :(

Had a quick look at the game mode aswell, and I must say that seems pretty awesome.

I liked the video recaping the events leading up to the match. And I also like the idea of having to match things that actually happend, i.e breaking the table(Furniture) and fighting up against the entrance way. The gameplay was good, found it weird coming from SVR from what iv'e played of it latley, to LOW. But i enjoyed it and I think i'll probably get more gameplay out of this than what I have SVR, the only reason i've hing onto it is so I can import the roster into LOW, which I think is a great feature of the game and pretty much more than doubles the complete roster.

The roster seems like it's gonna be great, and if they use DLC they all the more fun :D

The match types available are good, would have been nice if more were added, but then again with the nature of the game I supose there is only so many you can include before coming into modern day wrestling.

But the OLD SCHOOL CAGE more than makes up for that :P

Just got done playing... it's decent, but incredibly easy. I'm assuming this is just a standard setting and can be propped up during the actual game. Couple things I notced:

A lot of options in Exhibition, which is a lot better considering all I have heard is singles, rumble, and steel cage. I'm assuming tag team and tag cage, probably falls count anywhere/bedlam/etc. So hopefully there are some good additions to that.

Also, I noticed there was a fourth in modes... I thought it was just relive, rewrite, and redefine... anyone know what the fourth is?

Wasn't it something to do with creting your own wrestler and making him a Ledgend?

I seem to recall reading about that somewhere, but not sure if it was part of the relive, rewrite, redefine game modes.

Edit - Seems like it's a movie theater.

LOW Vid

Edited by Cortez

That looks pretty good. It seems the ring-out bars go down slower and you get the more realistic animations of wrestlers trying to lift their opponents over the top rope rather than sending them out onto the apron and trying to push them off. Certainly a step forward for the Royal Rumble match.

I haven't played the demo...but I am going to love this game even if it sucks just for the massive nostalgic feelings I will have just from watching the entrances. I will never play as Greg Valentine though. NEVER.

I haven't played the demo...but I am going to love this game even if it sucks just for the massive nostalgic feelings I will have just from watching the entrances. I will never play as Greg Valentine though. NEVER.

No one wants to play as Greg Valentine. Due to the roster, the flawed but fun demo gameplay and the presentation, it's gone from a game I'd have got because it's a wrestling game to a game I'm slightly looking forward to.

EDIT - And at least the 'ring out' bars don't empty in seconds like the SD series.

Edited by timmidian