Actors you'll watch in anything?

TKz

So, I'm not asking who you're favourite actors are or who you think are so good they'll make any film better, but actors that you can enjoy watching no matter what the film, good, bad or medicore?

For me, It'd have to be Nathan Fillion, Kate Beckinsale, Ian McKellen & for some reason, Brendon Frasier.

• Nathan Fillion has been a favourite since I first saw him as Caleb in Buffy Season 7 and ever since I've enjoyed anything he's been in, good (Firefly <3, that small Lost cameo) and bad (...Slither :x)
  • Kate Beckinsale is the seemingly sweetest & most attractive actress of all to me and I always love watching her act.
  • Ian McKellen is a fantastic actor and seems to only get better over time, probally my favourite film featuring him was Apt. Pupil, which managed to disturb me more than most horror films have during the Cat scene.
  • And last of all, Brendan Frasier is another like Nathan Fillion, he's been a kind of childhood favourite for me since I first saw him in The Mummy and I've enjoyed his work ever since. (Another personal favourite was the remake of Bedazzeled he stared in alongside Liz Hurley which is one of my all time favourites.)

Edited by TheKazarian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny this came up, because I'm a huge Nathan Fillion fan. I've been watching Firefly and Two Guys and a Girl recently, both of which he is in. I found Slither to be a very good horror film, which didn't take itself too seriously, and he was perfect in his role there.

Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and Christian Bale are ones I'll usually give a chance too, same with Jason Lee.

As a result of his writing/directing I'd say it also applies to Kevin Smith as an actor. I would have otherwise avoided a film like Catch & Release and would've met Die Hard 4 with indifference but for his brief appearance.

Bruce Willis, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell in terms of films, generally because I grew up watching things like Die Hard and Dumb and Dumber (not so much Ferrell) and I have a soft spot for it. Probably because the majority of their films are pretty similar.

Not really the question but in terms of TV actors, I'd have to go with Steve Coogan. Stuff that Chris Morris usually touches turns to gold too.