November 23rd: Chinese Democracy

tristy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Listened to the Chinese Democracy single a few times now, all I can think of is that it seems Axl was really writing it half-arsed, lyrics just seem to lack any real passion. It also sounds remarkably like a Velvet Revolver song, that's both mine and my girlfriend's view, hell, she doesn't even like VR but she instantly thought that Axl was trying to be Scott Weiland.

Not sure if anybody else has heard the link between the two, but still... 13 years for that? <_<

Listened to the Chinese Democracy single a few times now, all I can think of is that it seems Axl was really writing it half-arsed, lyrics just seem to lack any real passion. It also sounds remarkably like a Velvet Revolver song, that's both mine and my girlfriend's view, hell, she doesn't even like VR but she instantly thought that Axl was trying to be Scott Weiland.

Not sure if anybody else has heard the link between the two, but still... 13 years for that? <_<

Wouldn't be surprised since Velvet Revolver is more Guns N' Roses than the Axl Rose Band is.

Btw, getting off subject for a sec, has there been any word if VR will continue on without Weiland?

Velvet Revolver have just been dropped by Sony so it's a good guess that they've either:

A)Disbanded

or

B)Focusing on solo projects before getting back together. Slash is recording a solo album or something

Alternatively

C)Going to release a new album totally for free to say "LOLZ FUK UZ!!" to Sony

So, anyone got it?

I'm on the third track at the moment (after having previously heard the title/first track anyway). Thoughts coming.

The disc looks much more awesome than the album art. That should've been the cover not some old, shitty, sepia toned fucking bike. <_<

EDIT

Overall verdict: Good, needs more listens to grow on me because no matter what the packet says, it's got little to do with GNR. There are some hints of the old GNR shining through in awesome parts though, definately gets better as it goes along. Not a fan of the industrialism though, not a fan of the genre as a whole though.

Edited by TheModernWay