November 23rd: Chinese Democracy

tristy

It's all happening: according to Billboard.com, Chinese Democracy-- the unfathomably delayed LP from what's left of Guns N' Roses-- will arrive at your local Best Buy on Sunday, November 23, just in time for prime real estate in the electronics chain's weekly advert. No, really: the Billboard.com article mentions that "the move is tied to the structure of Best Buy's sales week, which runs from Sunday to Saturday."

No further details on the Best Buy-exclusive disc have been revealed, though Billboard.com notes that Appetite for Destruction will be reissued on vinyl October 28 from Interscope. So that's at least one decent GN'R record on shelves this fall, then. And one Dr. Pepper can in the hands of every American...?

Source

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be setting up an address for every American who doesn't like Dr. Pepper to send theirs to.

Who could not like Doctor Pepper? It's so tasty.

I hope Slash and Buckethead don't. :(

Axl Rose said he'd share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead as some of his songs are still on the album.

I heard this album (illegally I admit) online and it is just plain awful. Axl does not fit in with the band it. Its oviously not the original G'nR but I'd atleast expected a little bit of the golden days. Buckhead is very capable(that is if he was actully on the album :P ). Pm me if you wabt a crappy track. Also they're only decent song wont even be on the album anymore due to it being on RockBand II.

I ll go to the states just to go get that one Dr. Pepper.

I heard this album (illegally I admit) online and it is just plain awful. Axl does not fit in with the band it. Its oviously not the original G'nR but I'd atleast expected a little bit of the golden days. Buckhead is very capable(that is if he was actully on the album :P ). Pm me if you wabt a crappy track. Also they're only decent song wont even be on the album anymore due to it being on RockBand II.

I ll go to the states just to go get that one Dr. Pepper.

Buckethead is very capable of what? To be fair, Buckethead playing in GnR is like Cristiano Ronaldo playing in an Under 11's league, or Barry Bonds playing Little League.

Check out one of Buckethead's 25 albums, the man is a legend. :P

BestBuy.com has revealed the track listing and what appears to be the official cover art (see below) for GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy". The effort, which will reportedly be released on Sunday, November 23 via an exclusive deal with Best Buy, will be made available on CD and vinyl format. Furthermore, fans have a choice between three different CD and LP covers, although exact details have not yet been revealed.

2946937070_0b0ca23834.jpg

"Chinese Democracy" track listing:

01. Chinese Democracy

02. Scraped

03. Shackler's Revenge

04. Street Of Dreams

05. If The World

06. Better

07. This I Love

08. There Was A Time

09. Riad N' The Bedovins

10. Sorry

11. I.R.S.

12. Catcher

13. Madagascar

14. Prostitute

Note: "Street Of Dreams" is believed by some GUNS N' ROSES fans to be the song formerly known as "The Blues".

To whet fans' appetites, so to speak, the group's label will reissue its classic 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction", in a new vinyl edition on October 28. One new GUNS song, called "If The World", can be heard in part over the end credits of the film "Body of Lies", which opened this past Friday (October 10), while another track, "Shackler's Revenge", will make its debut on Rock Band 2 at the end of this month.

The last all-new GUNS N' ROSES releases were the 1991 double albums "Use Your Illusion I" and "II". Since that time, every single original member of the band except for singer Axl Rose has departed.

"Chinese Democracy" has been in the works since the mid-'90s, with speculation and mystery surrounding the album's 13-year journey, ever-changing roster of players and spiraling recording costs.

Keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who joined in 1990 and is the longest-serving member after Rose, told The Pulse of Radio a while back that he thinks fans will be pleased when they finally get to hear the results. "It's a pretty intense musical journey, really," he said. "Everyone that is in the band, or was in the band at some point — 'cause there, you know, there's been a few guys who have come and gone even since the old band — has contributed, and because of that I think it really takes you to some interesting musical places. When you add Axl and guitars, of course, though, it kinda glues it all together. There's something for everybody, but I think if you're a GUNS fan, if you're an Axl fan, you'll like it all. You'll love it all."