True Blood

zero

Anna Paquin's titties never get old. Ever.

This a thousand times. Then again, I love the show for pretty much everything else in it as well, but Paquin nude scene's just make it that much sweeter.

I agree because well...somehow, she has like the right size, and they're perky and goddammit am I really talking on a message board about a famous actress's tits?

What part of a show being about Vampires set in the south made you think it was somehow comparable to a show about a Chemistry Teacher/Meth Dealer. >_>

It's really something you'll have to check out for yourself, but it's pretty much nothing like Breaking Bad.

After seeing this topic, I decided to watch the first episode of the first season. It was good, but in a really weird way. It just seems a little TOO over the top, but I really liked it and Sookie is beautiful :wub:

I'm considering giving it a watch though, I'll check out the next few episodes in the first season and see how it comes along. I was gutted when Jessica Stroup was in the opening clips though and then found out she's just an extra :(

Caught up and its a rather nice show. Probably a little too much going on for the first season, but there were only 12 episodes so eh. Sad that Amy was killed. Would have liked to see her continue on. I like the basic plot of the show with people just not wanting to accept things that are different, albeit in a supernatural way. I wouldnt mind seeing the show go up to 5 seasons, especially if each season only gets 12 episodes, Is that like the basic season length for HBO shows or something?

Sopranos and Sex & The City are pretty much the torchbearers for HBO and they both went six seasons, I'm sure this show has a long life ahead of it as long as it keeps its audience. HBO's been desperately trying to fill the void the last few years and needed a show like True Blood to come along, so unless they really fuck it up, I can easily see it lasting 5, 6, maybe more seasons.

Much like Scum Fan, I've decided to check out this show as well after hearing nothing but good things about it. Hopefully I'll be getting to it next week, after I finish watching The Shield and Sons of Anarchy.

Sopranos and Sex & The City are pretty much the torchbearers for HBO and they both went six seasons, I'm sure this show has a long life ahead of it as long as it keeps its audience. HBO's been desperately trying to fill the void the last few years and needed a show like True Blood to come along, so unless they really fuck it up, I can easily see it lasting 5, 6, maybe more seasons.

Plus, they LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Alan Ball, especially after Six Feet Under was a huge deal for the network and basically gave him two seasons outright, I think.

I'm a huge fan of both the books and the show and the second season looks like it's going to be killer. I recently went back and re-watched the first season and picked up on things I missed the first time around. Made it a better watch and got me excited for season two. I think that the whole triangle thing that Bill and Sookie are stuck with could provide some great comic relief for the show. Plus it's great to have something to watch on Sunday nights.

I finally got around to start watching this show (currently watching the first episode) but I wanted to say that the opening credits are fantastic. Like, the best opening credits I've seen before.

EDIT: Six episodes in and i'm loving it. It's the type of show where you'll run the gauntlet of emotions in an episode. It's a bit slow paced at times but not enough to be too annoying. I love the fact that its based in the deep south, you don't see too many shows from there and its a fantastic setting for nearly anything but especially vampires. They just go together beautifully.

Two thumbs up from me so far.

Edited by Hellfire

So I'm all caught up now. Still love the show, but I hate starting to watch shows early in their runs, now I have to wait every week to watch another episode. What does it say about this show (or me) that I burned through an entire season in less than a day?

Well I've just finished watching episode 5 of Season One and the programme has grown on me big time. Wasn't too sure how I felt after the first episode, but then it just started working for me. Some of the stuff is way over the top, but it just seems to work still. I'm loving pretty much all of the characters right now, with Tara and Jason surprisingly being awesome. And seriously, Sookie just gets more and more beautiful as the episodes go by :wub:

So I'm all caught up now. Still love the show, but I hate starting to watch shows early in their runs, now I have to wait every week to watch another episode. What does it say about this show (or me) that I burned through an entire season in less than a day?

Yeah Im the same way. Then again, I just about burned through all three seasons of Dexter this weekend, probably finish tomorrow, so I think Im the sadder soul here <_<

Yeah Im the same way. Then again, I just about burned through all three seasons of Dexter this weekend, probably finish tomorrow, so I think Im the sadder soul here <_<

I trump that by having watched all 8 seasons of Smallville in 2 weeks. >_>