True Blood

zero

And honestly, when has this concept been done like this 23 times in other TV shows?

Read again, find the "not".

You either love it or hate it, I don't feel you can be in the 'middle'.

Well, i am, and Sookie is one of the reasons i am not leaning towards zOMG best show evar. Again, because shes just stupid. I don´t mind the actress, i mind the writeing.

And the reason she is the focus of this show is that the books this show is modelt after are actualy knowen as the "The Sookie Stackhouse novels" and have been around for eight years or something... and yes, in them Sookie is a good great deal smarter than on this TV Show, go read em. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Southern_Vampire_Mysteries

The idea from the start was that this show wouldn't be completely based around the books and would therefore be changed a hell of a lot. They're not supposed to resemble every single thing from the books, the producers, writters, directors and everybody involved said that themselves. Also, I don't think it's 'OMGZ BEST SHOW EVER' to be honest. I love the show, that doesn't make it amazing. I wouldn't really call her 'stupid', but I see where you're coming from.

Back on topic though, I'm gutted we had to wait another week for another episode. Why the hell do they constantly do that with programmes when they're at a great point? :angry:

Hahaha, I saw an advert for this earlier tonight...hahahaha, it looks SO FUCKING TERRIBLE!! Like seriously, seriously bad. Is it?

When I started watching the show I was of the same mind. However two shows in and it won me over full force. But hey, if it's not something you think you'd be interested, then by all means don't watch it. It's not the kind of show that will win everyone over. It's over the top, but to me that's part of the charm.

I don't get the idea that Sookie is stupid, I see her as an incredibly naive little girl who's been forced to grow up and see the world for what it is since Bill rolled into town.

Just watched the episode last night, great stuff.

I'm guessing they're gearing up for Jason to possibly go up against Bill at some point? Seems logical right now and I'm hoping Sookie is the one to make him realise the bullshit this Sun group is feeding him. Although Sarah really is beautiful :pervert:

The hell is going on with Lafayette? Watching him suddenly start humping everything was hilarious, I'm interesting to see where they go from here with him.

I'm loving that they're thrown in the small moments of comedy, pretty much how they do in Supernatural, which always adds something to the show. Bill charging out of the coffin but Jessica falling to the floor gave me a laugh and I'm really enjoying where they're going with her.

Still I wonder what the heck Maryann actually is. I'm just baffled by her, so the sooner they explain more, the better.

And finally, Daphne is very intriguing. I'm wondering what she is and where things with her and Sam are leading to. Also, I've got this feeling Tara will turn out to be pregnant, or I could just be really wrong with that.

another great episode.

jessica stuck in the coffin was pretty funny as was when she mentioned her fangs come out when she's aroused(or something like that) and realizes they are still out and runs up stairs.

Sookie meeting another person like her is cool. wondering where it will lead too ?

Yeah I agree Maryann remains a mystery it's clear she feeds off everyones energy.

The Prank they played on jason was funny. if he can stay away from the preachers wife he will stick with the church. he's clearly going over the deep end,but he has moments where the old Jason raises up lol

I have a theory(probably way off base) but I think Eggs is the minotaur like creature. it kills Miss Janet for messing with Tera. Maryann forced him to attack Sookie or she'd reveal what he truly was. Daphne is a shape shifter like Sam. I think she used to live with Maryann maybe her and eggs had a thing and he attacked her for some reason.

I think Maryann takes in only those people that are different. if that's the case maybe Tera is something else as well? What if Miss janet wasn't lying what if Tera has a demon in her ?

and I lol'ed at Lafayette all hyped and horny off of Eric's blood.

I Also think we may end up seeing a battle between Eric and Bill over Sookie cause Eric is getting mighty interested.

----------------
Now playing: Dope - Die Mother Fucker Die

I think Jason is playing the dumbass, doesnt really know what to believe but chooses to go along with the peers around him to fit in and repeat everything he is told to try and act superior role rather well.

Maryann... I dunno. Shes a fucking mystery. She obviously has to be the thing that attacked Sookie and Miss Janet. She turns into the animal part that claws the backs, then back into human to take the heart out. Didnt she have the claws growing out in the end of the episode?

The guy knowing what Sookie was thinking is a nice little twist. Might mean she starts hanging out with him more than Bill, causing jealousy.

Overall a nice episode and I cant wait for the next one.

I think Jason is playing the dumbass, doesnt really know what to believe but chooses to go along with the peers around him to fit in and repeat everything he is told to try and act superior role rather well.

Maryann... I dunno. Shes a fucking mystery. She obviously has to be the thing that attacked Sookie and Miss Janet. She turns into the animal part that claws the backs, then back into human to take the heart out. Didnt she have the claws growing out in the end of the episode?

The guy knowing what Sookie was thinking is a nice little twist. Might mean she starts hanging out with him more than Bill, causing jealousy.

I doubt it, I mean after a while I think he'd get more annoying than a regular human, as not only can she hear everything he thinks, but he can hear everything she thinks. One of the reasons she liked Bill in the first place was that her powers didn't have any effect for him.

Another fantastic episode last night, I love this show to pieces. Maryanne is clearly the beast and she attacked Sookie to keep Terra with her seems the most logical reason for it. I really hope we get a bit more Lafyette in the show soon, as he's sorley missed. :( Jessica is fast becoming one of my favourite characters as well. Apart from Terra and her mother who I don't really care for (though, Terra's more interesting now that she might be different to other people) I don't think there's a single character in the show I don't like.

really they showed her with claws out? must have missed it. I'll have to rewatch it now lol that shoots my theory down then

really they showed her with claws out? must have missed it. I'll have to rewatch it now lol that shoots my theory down then

Yeah, if you watch when she's sort of meditating, you can see the claw type hands appear. I didn't really think it over until Vit mentioned it, but that does point to her being the thing that attacked Sookie, not to mention the other black voodoo type woman that got killed. That said, I'm still non the wiser as to what the hell she/it actually is, so I cant wait to see more revealed on that.

I'm expecting a big death by the end of this season though, surely to one of the more main characters. (I've never read the books, so I don't know if the show is following them completely or what).

Yeah, if you watch when she's sort of meditating, you can see the claw type hands appear. I didn't really think it over until Vit mentioned it, but that does point to her being the thing that attacked Sookie, not to mention the other black voodoo type woman that got killed. That said, I'm still non the wiser as to what the hell she/it actually is, so I cant wait to see more revealed on that.

I'm expecting a big death by the end of this season though, surely to one of the more main characters. (I've never read the books, so I don't know if the show is following them completely or what).

Book Spoilers:

Apparently Lafeytte is the one that's found dead in the books and not Miss Janet, so it seems like the TV series is doing it's own thing fairly often. I know that somewhere down the line, the books introduce a werewolf, but I have no idea what Maryann is, I'm guessing some new kind of creature that True Blood has that's similar to a Minotaur. Anyone else get the feeling we'll never see it in any kind of light, only silhouttes?

I don't want anyone to die. It was bad enough when the Cajun from Series 1 turned out to be the bad guy and got killed, and he wasn't even that main a character. :( If anyone, I vote Terra, but I've got a horrible feeling it'll be either: Sam or Lafyette. I love Sam. Don't go killin' Sam. Nor Lafyette. :(

Only spoilers for the book about something that already happened in both the book and the TV Show, which the show changed.

Also Zero, I love that idea, it suits in with the show so well. I think it's pretty clear that Maryanne is some kind of witch, but it never occured to me that she might draw her powers from something like that. I'm hoping we get a massive show down between her and Sam, Bill or maybe even someone like Eric at the end of the series.

Yeah i was think bout that too Zero.

Just watched the episode again and yeah she clearly has claws so it was her. I don't want to see anyone else die either but I figure it will either be Daphne or Andy. He was starting to question about the pig and such . i think he may end up finding out and Maryann kills him.

Another wonderful episode, god I love this show.

I laughed when Bill went somewhere along the lines of "I never intended to actually drink it, I just want you to pay for it" to Eric, it was so out of left field for a vampire, especially Bill. This episode had a lot of bits of humor, like Jessica playing with the man with her charm etc..

I think Miss Janet got killed because she knew Tara has a demon inside of her or something and maybe Maryann and Eggs want that demon to either possess Tara or just take it away from her. Maryann is one weird woman, but a true MILF personified :pervert:

Wouldn't surprise me if the group that Jason has joined has that Goldrick guy somewhere in a dungeon. This results in Sookie and Jason having to basically go up against each other. Only problem I have with that is that it's predictable that Jason will end up turning on the church to help Sookie.

I keep expecting Eric to do something evil but he keeps surprising me with his kindness. I mean, he could have easily killed Lafayette but he let him go like he said he would. He helped him cure his wound in order to be able to track him but still...he saved his life. Bill is basically always rude to him even though he's Bill's superior but he just lets Bill say what he want. I hope he stays this way and ends up saving a human's or just Sookie's life down the line.

Daphne is probably a dog as well, like Sam, or a cat :blush:

This season is awesome and it's difficult to see where it's going, which I love.