True Blood

zero

I genuinely liked Tara until around Season 3, the Maryanne storyline was the last time she was interesting.

And thinking back, I really, really liked Season 2. Michelle Forbes was a great big bad.

I would've been happy to have an Andy/Jason spin-off buddy cop show in all honesty, instead of the rest of the series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just caught up on this season:

Tara dies off screen> REALLY? After all of the annoying shit we've put up with in everything she's involved in we don't even get the satisfaction of seeing her turn to a sack of guts!?!? Very disappointing!

Alcide's death was a bitch. I had a feeling Sookie's bullshit was going to lead to his death though. :(

Eric being infected was a pretty big swerve - didn't see that coming. The flashbacks with him and Pam were top notch, funny to see that Ginger was actually smart and they just fried her brain with all of the Glamouring.

The scene with Arline and Terry was a tear jerker, intense stuff.

All in all this season has been top notch in comparison to some of the stinkers the past couple of seasons have been

• 1 month later...

For the mot part, it was a good episode, but what made it stink on ice were a couple of things that happened.....and a thing or two that didn't.

(Yes, I'm being vague, rather than posting some spoilers. You'll see what I mean after watching it.)

Edited by GhostMachine

Just finished watching it. I really liked it. The only real weird part for me was...

They had a chance to give Bill a nice poetic send off with Sookie's fae powers (and explain why they've held off on that last bit for so long) and instead chose to stake him. Just seemed needlessly silly.

I didn't watch Dexter, but I heard its ending was total rubbish.

The big problem I have with the True Blood finale is

They'd been going on forever about Sookie being able to become human and give up her Fae powers by tossing the light ball, and decided to cop out by having her decide she'd rather keep her powers after the conversation with the reverend. I think a nice twist would have been for her to decide to kill Bill by tossing the light ball, only for it to turn them both human instead of actually killing him, since she was able to read his thoughts in this episode. That scene could have been a sign, but ultimately didn't mean much.

Also, from what I know, she doesn't end up with Bill in the books, either. But at least in the books they did reveal who she ended up with. I don't really see a point in ever doing a reunion, either, the way the show wrapped up. So why leave us hanging as to who she ended up with? Though it looked to not be someone we'd seen before, if the guy with the beard she hugged was him.

I'm also glad they brought Hoyt back this season. Did not like the way he exited the show before.

Edited by GhostMachine

finale spoilers:

I don't think there was a need to meet her new partner. She was pregnant and was happy and he was someone new. This alone shows that she had done what Bill wanted whilst retaining her powers (since vampires can't make babies).

I also don't get the criticism of Hoyt and Jessica marrying that I've seen on the net. Their relationship failed because she wasn't ready, Hoyt falling for her at 'first' sight indicates that it was meant to be true love and her reciprocating was meant to show that she'd grown since they'd split (seeing your bf being bummed by a transvestite will do that).

It isn't the best show I've ever seen, but I'll miss it, it offered something fairly unique.

• Like 1

Caught up on the last two seasons over a few days! Final thoughts on a show that I used to really love!

Last two seasons were a lot better watched all at once, I think.

Warlow was a really great character until in the end they made him a bad guy again. I really liked the idea of the Grandpa being the evil one (faeries haven't been the nicest in the show) and Warlow actually being cool, but then he just turned out to be evil. Didn't make any sense either really, he could've just chilled for a few months and she'd have been cool with him. Seems like it'd be a lot easier for him to have waited it out rather than waiting for stockholm syndrome to set in over hundreds of years. >_>

The Hep-V Vampire thing ran way too long for the first half of this season, I got tired of it and I watched it all in one go, I can definitely understand it being way too much week to week. And it didn't really feel like a threat after we've seen big bads like The Authority and Lillith.

I was happy to see Hoyt come back and Hoyt/Jessica to happen again, they're too adorable not to. I liked the ending too, with everyone being awesome and happy.

The only downer is... and I realize I set myself up for disappointment, but I think a lot of people expected this too: they totally set up for the ball of light to turn Bill human. And they'd been building it as a thing for ages. And she just never uses it and Bill just... dies? Like, brutally as well. I dunno. Guy couldn't have gotten the Godric treatment or something?

I just feel like they could've had him turn human from it and it would've been a perfect ending, instead we got a pretty decent one. Which still works. Just could've been better.

Of course, the main thing is that Eric is okay and crazy rich. That's the real happy ending.

• Like 1