True Blood

zero

Anyone watching this season? I think it is already miles ahead of the suck that was last season.

From the General TV thread. <_<

Wait, what? A good episode of True Blood? What the fuck is happening!? :mellow:

Ah! Haven't popped in there because shows I don't watch are mostly discussed.

• 3 months later...

Watching on stupid UK delay.

Them killing Terry is frustrating, he's the only character besides Erik and Andy that I've always liked. Why the heck does he die and Tara keeps living? :(

Watching on delay too.

I liked Terry but he wasn't doing anything, and the way he went was well done. He could've easily been killed just because by a random vamp.

I definitely see a few more characters going by the seasons end. I've said to Baddarina that I think one of the big 4 (Bill, Sookie, Eric, Jason) will die before this all wraps up next year. I just have that feeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the season 6 finale just now.

Bit of a disappointing episode really. Eric is presumed dead (though he most definitely isn't) and now we have infected/zombie vampires?

Meh, I think I'm glad season 7 is the last. 6 was far better than 5, but I can't really say I'm looking forward to the next/final season like I have in the past.

RE: The above.

Yeah, same. I liked the set up for the end, with the Bon Temps people and vamps essentially being forced into coexistence, but I'm not keen on the zombpires. Eric's "death" was stupid, but I'm assuming it's going to serve a purpose. Also, the fact Lilith just seems to have given up and accepted Bill's disobedience is a sticking point. I didn't like the story, but at least give it proper closure. Season 7 is shaping up to be off to a bad start, but knowing the pace of True Blood that could quickly change in the first episode.

• 6 months later...

If the spoilers I just read are true, this season may turn out good (potentially HUGE spoiler if true)...

Tara suffers the True Death

:D

If that's true? Too little too late. Should have happened in Season 1.

Happened off screen, I don't buy it.

Decent premiere, by current standards, at least, but it was pretty boring. All the fun was drained out of this show years ago, and there are still way too many people (seriously, did you see those credits?), but it wasn't Dexter-bad!

• Like 1

I genuinely liked Tara until around Season 3, the Maryanne storyline was the last time she was interesting.

And thinking back, I really, really liked Season 2. Michelle Forbes was a great big bad.

I genuinely liked Tara until around Season 3, the Maryanne storyline was the last time she was interesting.

And thinking back, I really, really liked Season 2. Michelle Forbes was a great big bad.

Yeah, that's probably the last point where she had anything interesting (though some of the stuff with Pam isn't awful). God, looking back at that season, it looks like an entirely different show.