True Blood

zero

Well I'll be the exact opposite, because I thought it was fucking outstanding. It took a while to build, but that final ten minutes was just wow.

Also, am I wrong in thinking that the Alcide stuff was finding that Russel is back? If so, that's pretty god damn awesome and is going to set up for some real crazy stuff.

I don't see the problem, there's so much stuff going on right now and the possibilities for next season are just endless. Everybody pretty much has a story running and they've set up numerous stuff for the next season.

Tara getting shot dead? Holy shit. I'm not so sure that it'll stay like that, but if it does, then wow.

And to cap it all off, Steve is back and I'm wondering where the hell they're going with that next season.

Overall, I loved this season. Had it's twists and it's turns and continued to do what it does so well and that is surprise and shock. Next season has the potential to be the best so far based on how much they've got going, it's going to be a long wait, but it's shaping up to be pretty incredible. Oh and poor Pam :(

For the most part the season was pretty good and had tons of potential. But when the entire season is basically vampires vs this big bad witch and the culmination ends up being "oh hey the witch possesses lafayette and kidnaps bill and Eric off screen and the witch gets taken away by ghosts" it is hard to find it a good way to wrap the storyline up. The whole plot of the season seemed to get thrown away in favor of throwing as much shit for next season out there. Ooo the reverend! Ooo Rene giving warnigs about Terry! Ooo sam gets caught by a werewolf!

I don't doubt next season will be great, but this season ended horribly considering what the entire build up has been. I wouldn't have minded that they spent a majority of the finale focusing on stuff to set up next season... If the episode from the previous week didn't seem like a much better wrap up of current events.

To each their own, though. Nothing wrong with enjoying the episode, but I just couldn't get into it outside very few bright spots, I.e. Tara stay fucking dead.

• 8 months later...

Just got round to watching the season opener, pretty awesome and it seems we're set for a whole lot of shit going down this season.

Loving Nora already.

The ending caught me out if I'm honest. Actually thought for a moment they'd killed Tara off for good, great way to end the show.

FUCK YOU TRUE BLOOD.

YOU DID THE ONE THING YOU NEEDED TO DO. YOU KILLED TARA. YOU KILLED THE WORST CHARACTER IN HBO HISTORY. WHY. WHY BRING HER BACK!? FUCK YOU.

:(

Well, at least scene with Jessica reminded me why I watch this show. The gorgeous women and nudity. It's like the opposite of Game of Thrones, where I'm mostly waiting for the nudity scenes to end.

Overall this episode was fairly boring. None of the stories interests me at all really.

• Like 1

FUCK YOU TRUE BLOOD.

YOU DID THE ONE THING YOU NEEDED TO DO. YOU KILLED TARA. YOU KILLED THE WORST CHARACTER IN HBO HISTORY. WHY. WHY BRING HER BACK!? FUCK YOU.

:(

Well, at least scene with Jessica reminded me why I watch this show. The gorgeous women and nudity. It's like the opposite of Game of Thrones, where I'm mostly waiting for the nudity scenes to end.

Overall this episode was fairly boring. None of the stories interests me at all really.

Yeah that was dumb. Luckily the version I downloaded had the last 5 minutes cut off so I didn't actually see my hopes dashed on the screen but it's still dumb. I don't even care so much that it was a character that I hated because the writers had a perfect opportunity to show that they do, in fact, have balls but they didn't capitalize on it. They're too afraid to kill anybody off and to make matters worse, seem hellbent on introducing a thousand new characters each season.

That said, I wouldn't say none of the stories interest me because like I said in the General thread, the Eric/Bill odd couple/buddy comedy hijinks stuff should be good (and the stuff with Mona is interesting), it's just not obviously not going to last long before they go back to the love triangle.

And you really do need to just watch The Vampire Diaries because while it lacks in the nudity department, it does have gorgeous women, the writing staff doesn't lack the balls to kill characters off and the storylines are just better (and not quite as angst-filled, either).

• 3 weeks later...

The last episode picked things up (finally). Still can't stand Tara, and don't like that now we're going to have to sit through a whole season of her dealing with the transformation. I really am not feeling LaFayette's storyline either, which sucks as he's one of my favorite characters. I really hope we're not about to retread the "Jason hates Vampires" stuff, especially after they just spent all that time with Jason/Jessica and building that relationship. That said, I'm interested in where the Sam stuff is heading, what has grabbed Alcide, and how they're getting out of the building with Russell.

Just caught up on the series completely and am now up to date, so here's my thoughts on what is going on now.

-I don't mind Tara as a vampire so far. She seems less whiny, and even though she's dealing with another change she seems more violent and less caring than she used to be. If this results in her becoming a bad-ass vampire, then I'm down, as I've wanted her character to have an edge for a long time and when she's not all "whyyyyy me?" I quite enjoy her character.

-The Jason stuff has me intrigued, slightly. If it leads down another path of him blindly hating all vampires, then it's going to suck. But maybe if he tries to hunt down the ones that specifically did it and seek retribution it could end up being pretty cool.

-The fairy stuff doesn't bother me as much as it used to, especially since they've toned it down a lot. I'm still confused about them in general though and don't really understand what their whole goal is. I get that they're trying to seal off the fairy world from the human world but there are just some things about them in general that I'm having trouble coming to terms with.

-Russell being back is cool. He was one of my favorite characters this show has seen so I'm all for him being back, even if it's just for another episode or two.

-I also don't hate the authority stuff as much as you all seem to. Christopher Meloni is fantastic in his role and I'm interested in seeing where this all goes from here. I suspect that it's actually Salome behind the whole Russell stuff, and not Nora as Bill seems to think. Something about her just seems off and I just wonder where this whole Authority split is leading to.

-The Terry/Patrick/fire demon/Kane storyline sucks. I really wish they would just end this, it was nice to finally figure out why Terry is so messed up from his war days, and he is one of my favorite people on the show so if it resolves some things with him and makes him more stable then I'm for it. I just hate how we're getting to that solution.

-I love Alicide. That's really all I have to say here.

-The whole Shifter killing stuff is fucked up. First of all, can Sam ever have anything good in his life, ever? Seriously, I can't remember the last show I watched where one character got shit on as much as Sam. He's in love with Sookie, she hooks up with Bill and leads him on for a long time eventually breaking his heart. He falls for Tara, she fucks him over and then eventually comes back to him, only to skip town right after they have sex and not come back for like a year. He meets a shifter in Daphne and thinks that he can finally be happy, until she tries to kill him and then eventually ends up dead in his freezer. He meets his real parents finally, and his brother. Only his brother hates him and his parents are assholes, so he finally takes his brother in hoping to develop a bond. His brother then kills his parents and Sam has to help dump their bodies, and just a short while later his brother ends up dead after protecting Sam. Then his close friends who have made the last year of his life manageable end up dead, and Emma appears to be dead as well now. Holy shit. Poor, poor sam.

That's it for now. Solid show all the way around, and I've really enjoyed it from season 1 right up to where we are now. There are a few directions I'm worried about things heading in to, but for now I'll hope the best and trust the show writers know what they're doing.

So long Guardian, we hardly knew you :(

I get a feeling it was definitely the dark haired authority chick all along now. Glad that stuff is finally picking up. I don't really mind Terry's story right now as so many others seem to. Atleast he has something to do for a change. I also have to agree with the above statement about Sam. I don't think I've ever seen a tv character get shit on so much.

In the last two days I watched the season to date (all 7 episodes) and I have to say...it kinda sucks this year. It seems even more jumbled and out there than normal, has some really bad storylines (I mean REALLY bad), and they even managed to make Russell shitty. Alan Ball can not walk away as showrunner fast enough IMO. Oh and

Let's hire Christopher Meloni, a brilliant actor, let him do nothing but speechify for 6 episodes, and then kill him off in the most useless way. Let's take a truly gifted actor who was perhaps the best new thing about the whole season, and completely waste him! Fucking brilliant.

I will stick with it as I always do, but I'm not into it nearly as much as every season beforehand.

I feel you TGC, I feel you!

I just can't see how "Hey Terry and smoke monsters of fire!!!" was thought as a good idea in the writers room. I can't see how "Hey politics! Nothing but vampire politics...wait AND VAMPIRE RELIGION too, yeah" was seen as a good idea in the writers room.

True Blood has been decent for a few seasons now, and that's just the problem; it's decent. I remember when I couldn't for a new episode every week, and now I find myself downloading an episode and then not watching it for another week. I do like that Tara is tolerable now.

See I think they messed up with that too.

• 1 month later...

Was there no season final last night?

True BLood has never been good. It always had it´s great moments, some stuff that was ok and some stuff that was down right horrible. This season issent much different. While i feel it´s helping the show a lot that they finaly move away from that bill + Sooky crap there are a ton of useless storylines going on (i do not care about the shifter and wolf storys, the story with terry was so much of a time filler that i already forgot is was on this season till i started writing this... they could instead have maybe spend more time on the stackhouse famely delemma wich seems a much stronger hook and might be great to lure a new top noch villan to town).

I do not mind the authorety deal, but i have to admit it´s a bit of a letdown because in the beginning i was always sad that they did not move into this biger political picture thing instead of staing in a random small town that barly seems to have any humans. Now it´s more like a kindergarden... it´s not bad, it just feels like it would have needed a lot more... class in that upper tier of vampire society. (like a godric or russel when he still was cool)

• 9 months later...