True Blood

zero

I laughed so hard wen the started Matrixing. :D

Well, the Episode was one cluster of clifhangers starting at Minute one. I hope they stick with Tara to show whats going on in the grand sceem of Vampire America.

You have to love how one Vampire basicly gets imobilised by Silver while the other just caries it around and uses it at will. :shifty:

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Except that silver wasn't touching his skin, and he had grabbed a pair of gloves at Fangtasia before they left...

The whole episode can be summed up in one word: damn. I only wish the crap with Tara was taken out to devote that time to stuff that is actually interesting. Now we get to have a whiny bitch care only about herself with short hair next season.

The rest though was entertaining. The Sam stuff was the least entertaining out of it all, but they do a nice job of giving him more of a background. The Lafayette stuff actually went somewhere and Im interested in seeing what they do with the Witch stuff next season.

The Bill stuff came out of nowhere to me. I was NOT expecting Bill to come off as a douche, so it is a nice swerve for me. I cant wait to see how they handle the whole situation. Sookie's little evil laugh when she dumped the little urn in the sink was kind of weird, as is this whole her acting like an anti-vampire person.

Very entertaining episode for the most part, and it sucks we have to wait a year.

Big ol' clusterfuck but I enjoyed most of it. Sookie laughing as she dumped the remains down the sink made me laugh pretty hard, I liked the resolution with the King, the Lafayette stuff actually was really interesting and Bill came off as a super douche, which I really enjoyed. How exactly did Eric get out of the silver chains though? If they keep Tara around next season (and they will) I'm hoping they give her something interesting to do, or else the cutting of the hair/saying goodbye to everyone and bailing will be for nothing. Overall a decent episode and a long ass wait until next summer.

Big ol' clusterfuck but I enjoyed most of it. Sookie laughing as she dumped the remains down the sink made me laugh pretty hard, I liked the resolution with the King, the Lafayette stuff actually was really interesting and Bill came off as a super douche, which I really enjoyed. How exactly did Eric get out of the silver chains though? If they keep Tara around next season (and they will) I'm hoping they give her something interesting to do, or else the cutting of the hair/saying goodbye to everyone and bailing will be for nothing. Overall a decent episode and a long ass wait until next summer.

Eric got out because he summoned Pam to come to him, she said so when Eric got back to fangtasia when she said I'll never get the cement out of my hair or whatever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, just finished the season opener.

I liked it, I guess.

It was a decent opener, but it didn't really match up to the first or second series. I mean the stuff with the faries was a lot better than the previous stuff with them (because god, I hated that crap) but now they're what, goblins? I kind of feel like all this crap is going a little too far into cheesy fantasy. I mean True Blood had walked a pretty fine line between cheesy and horror in the first two series, but ever since the fairy crap... I don't know. Also the twelve month jump? I like it when shows do that, but it kind of feels pointless seeing as not much has really changed.

What else... I like Jason's new role, he's evolved as a character which is pretty cool. Not enough Eric and I don't really like where they're going with Bill. If he's in a relationship with someone else or fucking someone else or something, I'm going to be really put off his character, because it kind of makes the whole 'madly in love' with Sookie thing mean nothing if he moved on after only like, 12 months. If Anna Paquin breaks up with you, you'll be feeling that for decades to come. The Hoyt/Jessica stuff is getting a little old now. I like both characters, but they're strong as individuals and are at their best when they're involved in the main storyline, their relationship stuff has gotten a little stagnant. I also would have liked to have known a little more about how Bill killed the Queen. I mean, that was his big cliffhanger, yet all we get is that he did and now he's the King?

And, the witches. I don't really like Jesus, I hope he finds himself disappearing sooner or later. I'm not too sure on this stuff yet, I mean we haven't seen much, but if the old lady witch doesn't turn out to be an evil bitch, I'm going to be a little disappointed I think. I hope she's Maryann levels of evil because the whole 'healing power magic' bullshit isn't really doing it for me.

Also, I still don't really care about her because the whole change to cagefighting lesbian just reeks of 'PLEASE LIKE HER, PLEASE', but at least Tara isn't quite as annoying so far. I can already tell that they're going to fuck it up, because lying to the other lady about who she is just seems like more foreshadowing of her trying to do what she thinks is the right thing but really just makes her a massive un-likeable bitch.

Overall, not great, but not bad.

Needs more Gary Cole.

I enjoyed the season premiere. Having time stand still wherever Sookie was only for her to be missing for a year is an interesting twist.

Not too bad of a first episode for the season. Hoyt and Jessica are kind of there now dealing with an actual relationship and living together so nothing with the two seem that interesting anymore. Bill fucking someone despite apparently being heartbroken over Sookie can make sense, but at the same time just no.

For some reason On Demand had the second episode of the season available to watch, so obviously Im not going to wait until next week. Spoilers for those that want/have to wait:

So the whole witches deal? They end up planning on doing their little spell on a dead human; enter Eric. The way the whole scene with Eric trying to stop the witches and the scene that ends the episode has me excited just what they do with the storyline.

We also get some light shed on Bill and why he did what he did and all of that. I liked it, but I wont be surprised if others dont. Bill basically teamed up with the chick from the AVL to go mainstream, so it seems everything was pretty much part of that plan.

Jason also may get turned into a Panther like Crystal. If anything it should make for some interesting moments.

Oh, and Tara gets more screen time :(.

The first two episodes in set things into motion rather nicely I think, and I cant wait to see what they do with the Witches stuff, the whole Bill/Sookie/Eric thing, whether the Fairies make a return, and what happens to Jason.

Edited by Vitamin E

I think its hilarious that they turned Tara into a cage fighting lesbian and she's STILL the least intresting and most annoying character on this show.

Needs more Gary Cole.

To be fair, everything needs more Gary Cole.

I was a pleasantly surprised by the premiere but that was probably because I expected a lot worse. Still don't give a shit about the fairies though.