True Blood

zero

I don't think it's really a case of Bill giving up though. It's obvious that the only reason he's going along with this whole thing is to keep Sookie from experiencing the same kind of pain his wife had went through. Then again, having sex with Lorraina sort of complicates that - extreme neck trauma or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of a filler episode but you need them to further the story. I'm trying to figure out where this Bill thing is going, I'm assuming some sort of battle for supremacy between the King of MS and Queen of LA? I'm really hoping that Tara gets killed but I really can't see it happening. Lafayette is still awesome though he now doesn't have anything to do anymore.

So what happens after the guy turns int othe wolf and climbs the speakers? Or does it just end there?

All the Were's start changing, Sookie starts to leave and then it cuts to Bill who bites into the stripper along with the king of Mississippi and Lorena.

...so anything to do with Tara is boring as shit and pissing me off, I'm glad they're not wasting too much time on that.

I am frankly enjoying the Jason and Sam storylines the most.

I hate Tara, but her shitness is completely fucking ignored thanks to the fantastic awesomeness of Franklin. Possibly my new favourite character.

"We need to talk"

"DON'T SAY THAT. Women say that... and everything goes black, and I wake up surrounded by body parts."

Man. This episode was brilliant. Everything from Franklin and Crystal to the return of Super Sookie and "Look how fast I can text motherfucker."

Franklin is actually awesome, what a fantastic character. Loving that addition to the show.

Great episode I thought, they're keeping everything rolling nicely. Loving the Jason stuff still, but what the hell is 'Crystal'? Possibly a werewolf? And the ending with Sookie was awesome, shit's about to kick off.

True Blood is good mainly due to the minor characters and this episode proves it yet again. Franklin's awesomeness completely cancels out Tara, in fact that storyline is one of the most interesting to me. The whole werewolf thing got real interesting with Eric and that should be a good time. I think that they're trying to hint that Crystal is a werewolf, but I think she's going to be something new and they're just throwing us off. Other than that, I'm really interested in Sam's storyline, I really have no idea where that is going and I'm not even going to try to guess. Theres something in the way that the father said that he owned Tommy is making me think that something real weird is going on there.

I know what Crystal is from the books, and it's kind of awesome.

However, and this is just rampant speculation, Joe Lee is using Tommy like Michael Vick. I dunno, but from the owning, the scars, the really warped relationship...it kinda all adds up to dog fighting. This show doesn't randomly scar up a new major character and NOT have it make sense.

Oh, and I need a Franklin Mott TV show. He is everything awesome this show needs.

In total agreement about Franklin, between him and Lafayette, Tara is somewhat standable now. This episode really picked up for me, and turned things a bit. After seeing the Viking Crown, do Eric and Bill team up to take down The King of Mississippi or what? I thought this season thus far had been a little too slow, but after this episode I'm pretty excited to see what is going to happen.

What's wrong with Tara? :crying:

It kind of sucks that for the past two series she's been kidnapped and playing the "in need of rescue" schtick, but I really enjoy her as a character and quite surprised that EWB seems not to really like her all that much.

Jesus is TOTALLY going to be some kind of... I don't know, were-wasp or something. That storyline is far too good to be true. That said, I'm all for Lafayette actually geting some action rather than sitting by and saying "hooka" occasionally.

Quite intrigued as to what this white light thing is all about and why Bill had the family's genealogy. I'd love it if it turns out all this time that Bill is a bastard and really is just playing her so he can have control of a telepath and use it to make some sort of power play.

Yeah. The character is supposed to be this strong independent woman, but in reality she does nothing but complain, get captured and have a go at other characters for not giving a shit.

It should have ended at the end of Series 2, Tara should have become a stronger character after all that (though, the fact she didn't meant we got more glorious Franklin), but instead she's still the same whiney bitch she's always been. Maybe it'll be fixed at the end of this series, but at this point the damage is done and hopefully Franklin will tear her head off. >_>

I can see where you're coming from with that, but it's always struck me that in fact, Tara has never been the strong, independent woman. I've always seen her as giving off an impression that she's stronger than she is so I've really enjoyed them making her more and more powerless and having to confront the trauma behind her bravado.

I think TKz is bang on the money by saying that it should have ended at the end of the Marianne debacle, but equally, with Eggs then immediately getting shot, there was just no recourse for her to start rebuilding that ego so it was never going to happen :(. I hope Franklin doesn't kill her; I think there's an awful lot more mileage in that character which the past two series hasn't really exploited.

With all of that said, what I've loved about this series is the way they've taken the time to separate out the characters' sub-plots a little more. You've got Sam and his family stuff operating completely independently of Jason and his cop quest and Sookie's search for Bill and the Hoyt/Jessica relationship. It's brilliant to see all of these relationships being explored on their own terms and, for me, it's really working well.

While I don't really like Tara, I agree that her character hasn't really had the chance to grow, since she was pretty much kidnapped right after Eggs death. Even though I complain about her, I think that her dying would kind of suck because then Lafayette wouldn't have any reason to be around and that totally needs to continue.