True Blood

zero

..so yeah that was pretty fucking awesome.

I love how they've done the werewolves - way to get it fucking right. And they're right back into the "what the hell is going on, I NEED TO SEE THE NEXT ONE" pattern that they've been following for god knows how long. Really have a hate on for Tara's mother - I don't know how the hell they're ever going to redeem that character. Jason was on his game as always too.

I still want Hoyt and Jessica to get back together, and fast. :(

Yeah, I wasn't so hot on this episode.

And seriously? I can't be the only one that hates this new type of Werewolf that's turned up where LOL HE TURNS INTO A WOLF. What the fuck? How would that even make them much more dangerous? Especially against Vampires. Very disappointed with that. Maybe more information will turn up as we continue, but right now Werewolves don't seem much more useful than a shifter.

The episode was fine, but it didn't have the big wow effect that most Season openers have had on me. I didn't feel like much really happened. Maybe I'd have been more impressed if I didn't know about the Werewolves in advance, but still. As per usual, the funnier lines came from Jason. I feel like they tried to do too much in the first episode. I get why they did it, but I think it'll be better if they return to each episode being more focused on one or two characters with another one or two being central to the background.

Also, needs more Anna Paquin nudity.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wasn't so hot on this episode.

And seriously? I can't be the only one that hates this new type of Werewolf that's turned up where LOL HE TURNS INTO A WOLF. What the fuck? How would that even make them much more dangerous? Especially against Vampires. Very disappointed with that. Maybe more information will turn up as we continue, but right now Werewolves don't seem much more useful than a shifter.

The episode was fine, but it didn't have the big wow effect that most Season openers have had on me. I didn't feel like much really happened. Maybe I'd have been more impressed if I didn't know about the Werewolves in advance, but still. As per usual, the funnier lines came from Jason. I feel like they tried to do too much in the first episode. I get why they did it, but I think it'll be better if they return to each episode being more focused on one or two characters with another one or two being central to the background.

Also, needs more Anna Paquin nudity.

For a start, the Werewolves came in a pack, instantly making them effective. Right now we know NOTHING about these, so I don't get how you can even bad mouth them to be quite frank. We found out about them in the final minute of the show with five of them surrounding Bill. How strong will they be? Are they effective against Vampires? Why are they even after Bill? None of these have been answered, so I think it's stupid to jump on these already. And let's not forget, certain things are more powerful than others. Some vampires in the show are put out as weak and easy to overcome by higher powers such as Eric or the Queen for instance. These may even be standard werewolves for all we know. Again, way too early to even consider saying something bad about that.

Loved the episode. Just great to hear the theme song back on my television and the sight of Anna.

Really interested in the side stuff with Sam and the dream he had of Bill was weird as fuck, wondering if that'll actually lead anywhere. I also thought Eric and co might even try to frame Bill for the vampire blood.

Either way, awesome to have this show back :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

At least you guys got to see the last few minutes, we had a storm and I lost signal so the last thing I saw was Bill and the old lady and had to read about the last few minutes. Bastards.

Still, I agree that it sure is good to have True Blood back on my TV, solid first episode to get things going again.

Just finished watching it online, since stupid Australia won't get this until the end of the year, or some shit. Anyway, the Werewolf thing. I knew it was going to happen, as I pre-read there would be werewolf involvement. I don't seem to be as high strung as a lot of people are, about how they are perceived. Why is it that everything has to be universal? Why do these werewolves have to be the same as in movies or other medium. Isn't the idea supposed to be full of imagination.

All I saw of them was at the end where they are surrounding Bill, and Bill, in all of his badass ways was like, "I have fed" (and now I will fucking fuck your shit up fuckers!), but the question looms, there are a lot of them, and how will they react. They are obviously not scared of Bill, so maybe they are some super tough wolf motherfuckers that will destroy him. I dunno.

But again, what is this pre-perception of what a werewolf is supposed ot be like, and why is everyone so up-strung about it?

I don't really feel like I'm out of line to want a more interesting Werewolf. People who can transform into wolves are just not what I would consider a Werewolf to be. I'd much rather they went with the classic take on it of a half man, half wolf.

• Like 1

Well then you have to look at the books that they are based off/direction that they've gone with the show since the very start - and how this ties into possible storylines for Sam. Yes, we are talking about a world where vampires are a reality - along with a whole lotta other freaky ass shit. But people who can transform into wolves seems to be a whole hell of a lot easier to hide and easier to work into a story than the idea of a wolfman that transforms at the full moon, yadda yadda yadda. Plus there was the passing mention of weres in the past that made Sam speak in disgust on them - he clearly has a history with them - and it could get really interesting.

I am no werewolf purist. I don't believe in a correct for of werewolf, it's just a fictional beast. However I just didn't feel that the wolves were truly intimidating. It's too early to really judge but from what I saw the wolves just seemed lackluster. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The werewolves for me were the most interesting part, and I'm actually glad they went with the whole real wolves thing. For one, the show was very specific about how it showed the Maenad last season, making sure it hadn't exposed too much of the physical beast in order to give it a realistic effect. Werewolves of the classic nature are so hard to pull off. Even in Underworld, which were some of my favorite movies - you still had to really stretch to believe that those werewolves looked convincingly real because they didn't. With werewolves just being wolves that run in a pack and Sam's disgust of them as mentioned last season, I'm really intrigued by how all of that will tie into each other. What's the difference between werewolves and shifters? Why are werewolves such "disgusting creatures" if they pretty much do what Sam does anyway and turn into dogs?

I'm still completely uninterested in anything involving Tara/her mother. I love Lafayette's role, but hate that it's constantly dragged into Tara's ridiculous drama. Hopefully Tara ODs for reals and we don't have to see her again. :shifty:

Yeah. Tarra can just fall over and die for all I care. At this point there's 100% nothing they could do to make me like her. She's gone from an annoying bitch who's a little bit racist, to a complete tool, to an incredible moron, until finally she's just become a fucking annoying cunt. She's such a fucking prima-donna as well. The bit where she goes back to save Eggs in Series 2 had me rooting for the Maenad.

The whole werewolves thing, eh. I never had an idea for what a werewolve should be/look like. I'm glad they didnt go the Twilight route, though.

It really isn't fair to judge them on like, 10 seconds of an appearance. For all we know, they can be wolves that turn into a half wolf/half man thing, one could be enough to take down a vampire, or attacking in packs is how they are able to take down a vampire. It is definitely an interesting addition to the show, and I can't wait to see what True Blood werewolves are all about.

As for what could be different between them and shifters... Maybe the werewolves are just a lot more into killing than a shifter or something. While a shifter could turn into a wolf, it might not be exactly the same as a werewolf other than in appearance.

Edited by Vitamin E

I have watched both Seasons about 3 times now, so I would fathom a guess they might be worth owning on DVD. I am contemplating it. I have every season of The Sopranos on DVD, and continually go back and watch it, and think I will with True Blood.

Same for Dexter.

Yeah, I love Series 1, but Series 2 trumps it in all kinds of way. Better villain, better interactions, better side characters, funnier scenes, more drama and so and so on.

Maybe it's just how awesome Godric was, though. wub.gif