True Blood

zero

Besides that, just because the Queen kept Bill for so long doesn't mean she keeps EVERYONE that long. Eric is also having humans sell V for her, so she could have let him go to take care of that business as well. Again, just because we aren't shown Eric leaving the Queens lair, doesn't mean he wasn't released off screen.

Yes, but they made very clear how fare away her lair was wen Bill visited her.

Besides that, just because the Queen kept Bill for so long doesn't mean she keeps EVERYONE that long. Eric is also having humans sell V for her, so she could have let him go to take care of that business as well. Again, just because we aren't shown Eric leaving the Queens lair, doesn't mean he wasn't released off screen.

Yes, but they made very clear how fare away her lair was wen Bill visited her.

Bill traveled really quickly between her lair and the village though.

it was a great finale but I was hoping for a big all out battle against Maryanne but the her ending was played out nicely didn't expect Sam to be the one to kill her.

Jason and Andy being turned kind of easily was meh but it played out well. Good Twist with Jason shooting Eggs(glad he is gone) Hopefully Andy won't lose his job again over this. I feel Sookie will find out about what really happened but i think she will keep quiet to save Jason. I think Jason may try to turn himself in though.

Poor Hoyt. Jessica is started on a rampage. If Hoyt can't track her down and get her to turn things around i think Bill will take her out. Or now that Hoyt and his mom are on the outs maybe he will get Jessica to turn him.

I think next season Tara will find out bout Sookie revealing to Eggs what he did,which caused him to get shot. i think things will get really tense between the two if they go that route.

Sookie's hands started glowing when she was toppling the statue so hopefully we will get more on what she really is.

They make it seem like Eric is the one that kidnapped Bill but I'm not quite sure. Eric is older than Bill and I think he would feel like he could take Bill on and wouldn't have to use the silver wire. Could be a member of the church but why would they use gloves ?

A great finale that seemed to lull in the middle but end with a bang

Werewolves. It was totally werewolves.

Werewolves for the next series would be awesome. Apparently the series is veering away from the stories of the books from this point onwards (though If my understanding is correct the show hasn't stuck THAT closely anyway), so it's pretty up in the air about what this next enemy could be.

I don't agree with Maztat AT ALL on pretty much everything he says when it comes to True Blood, but I will agree that this cliffhanger is a little tame in comparison to the ending of series 1 & most of the ones from the show itself. I enjoyed the final episode, it wasn't the best episode of the series (but then, how could you possibly top Godric's final episode? or the return to Bon Temps?) but it did what it needed to and wasn't half bad. Maryanne's death wasn't quite as huge as I'd hoped (I kind've imagined her bursting into flames or something more spectacular) but the idea behind it was great, and Sam ripping his arm out of Maryanne's chest with the heart in his hand was fucking bad ass.

Right now, if I had to rank the characters in order of favourites...

1. Sookie

2. Sam

3. Jason/Andy

4. Eric/Bill

5. Hoyt/Jessica/Lafyette

(...Alright, so ranking is hard. >_>)

I don't like Hoyt and Jessica breaking up, I can see the reasoning behind it as evil Jessica obviously will make for more compelling storylines, but I really would've preferred to see them as a happy couple. I suppose they couldn't really do that considering it's already been done with Sookie/Bill. Jason killing Egg's... Eh, I love Jason, but honestly I didn't feel any connection to Egg's at all (I think he suffered more from being connected to Tara and the fact that I can't fucking STAND the girl than anything else) and so it wasn't really as much of a shock as I think was intended.

Also, where was the Sookie/Sophie Anne lesbian scene we were promised!? :( :( :(

I enjoyed the final episode for a variety of reasons.

The biggest reason is the ending of the Maryanne storyline. Yes, it did drag on for far too long and got too weird for this show (which is really hard to do) but they ended it perfectly. Sam goring Maryanne and pulling out her heart was a nice touch too, doing to her what she did to too many other people. Getting rid of Eggs was a nice bonus too. I'm curious as to what they're going to do with both Jason and Tara after this.

The Jessica/Hoyt story is shaping up nicely too. I'm glad Hoyt finally told his crazy ass mother off and at least tried to go back to Jessica and its going to be fun to see what happens now that she's killing truckers and feeding on them.

Finally we come down to the whole Sookie/Bill thing. I've made it known that I don't really give a shit about either of them (although Evil Bill from back in the day was cool) and I just want something to make them interesting happen. Sookie honestly is too dumb to live, I'd like her to stop crying out for Bill every time some small thing happens. I'm interested in seeing what happened to Bill though. It could have been any number of things, and hopefully next season gets even better. Are we going to take any guesses on what happened to him? I'm going with Fellowship of the Sun. They haven't made an appearance in a little while and their craziness is obviously not over yet.

My list would be something like this right now:

1. Eric

2. Jason and Andy

3. Lafyette

4. Sam

5. Jessica and Hoyt

Edited by Hellfire

• 4 weeks later...
We'll be saying goodbye to at least one character next season on True Blood, executive producer Alan Ball tells TVGuide.com exclusively.

"Somebody is going to bite the dust and it's going to be really good to see them get what they deserve," Ball says.

The only clue the Blood boss would reveal is that "it's a person we'll be happy to see go."

The HBO drama is set to return next summer for its third season.

So who could this mystery person be? Who's death will actually make the fans happy?

Oh my. It couldn't be Eric, could it?

I wouldn't really doubt it, Skarsgard seems to be getting more mainstream movie roles so it could just to be cover that. Though, I really like the Eric character a lot.

Other than that, the only other person I could really think of Hoyt's mother but I don't really know if that would be that big of news to kill that character off.

And since my last post in this thread, I revisited the series (obviously) and I really enjoy it.

I know a lot of people who like the Eric character though, and this seems like a universally despised character.. and that's something that I can't really think of at the moment. I hate Tara and her mother but I wouldn't exactly be all that happy to see her dead. The only character that I can think of is Bill's creator, what's her name. But her last departure made it seem like she'd be gone for a while.

I know a lot of people who like the Eric character though, and this seems like a universally despised character.. and that's something that I can't really think of at the moment. I hate Tara and her mother but I wouldn't exactly be all that happy to see her dead. The only character that I can think of is Bill's creator, what's her name. But her last departure made it seem like she'd be gone for a while.

Yeah, right now I'm thinking more either... Bill's Creator, Tara's Mother or the bloke from the Church of the Sun. I'd love for it to be Tara, can't stand her at all.

• 7 months later...

Just a reminder to all that Season 3 begins next weekend on Sunday. Cant wait to be quite honest, not only for the fact that it's probably the best show on television, but I've missed Anna Paquin so much :wub:

In other news (although very old news) a fourth season has already been confirmed, awesome.

Been eagerly awaiting this for weeks, the trailer looks awesome.

If that wolf with red eyes is their version of a werewolf, I'll be annoyed though. A werewolf isn't supposed to be a person that can become a wolf. mad.gif It's half man, half wolf! Come on True Blood, I'd expect as much from Twilight, but you're better than that.

If Buffy could make an awesome Werewolf some 10 years ago, I'd expect something more than just a Wolf with red eyes from True Blood.

My wife loves the Sookie Stackhouse novels this show was heavily based on, so I can tell you with complete certainty that the werewolves (and if you've been watching the little "Drop of True Blood" minisodes on HBO, the other weres) are all the actual animals with golden glowing eyes. They are NOT the Silver Bullet/The Howling/Dog Soldiers mutated man-wolves. I'm very, very happy they're at least using real wolves (from what I've read) instead of going the Twilight route with it.

Edited by QCKing

That's pretty awesome then.

And yeah, I am really fucking pumped for this to start. I saved one of the bottles of True Blood that I got for Christmas just for this occasion, although it'll have to be postponed by one night just because I have to work on Sunday night. :(