True Blood

zero

The egg IS a mystery.

As is The Queen seemingly wanting Eric to take care of Bill.

The preview for the finale, though, just... makes me hate that I have to wait two weeks even more. Does Bill die? Does Sam get sacrificed? Do Eric and Bill finally go at it? What was up with Sookie's thing with Maryanne when she touched her? Jesus. I dont want to wait. Anybody have any idea if something bigger is occuring on HBO next Sunday, or is it just spreading the tension out an extra week?

I'm not sure about the break. I've noticed other shows are doing it as well

as for the finale

I think Bill will pretend to offer Sam as a sacrifice. Bill is about to get attacked and maybe Eric sacrifices himself to protect Bill because he promised the Queen.

If not then either Lafeyette , Tera , or maybe Jason will be one of the main deaths. Could that egg be an offsring from Tera and Eggz ?

I would like to see Bill back out of sacrificing Sam and he get's attacked. In comes Eric to save him and kill Maryanne.

I was surprised Lafeyette got turned by Maryanne. I figured since he drank Eric's blood he would be ok.

I hope things are not done with Hoyt and Jessica. Hopefully we see more of them in the finale.

I hate the two week break as well. just think what the break between this season and next will be like. lol

• Like 1

The egg IS a mystery.

As is The Queen seemingly wanting Eric to take care of Bill.

The preview for the finale, though, just... makes me hate that I have to wait two weeks even more. Does Bill die? Does Sam get sacrificed? Do Eric and Bill finally go at it? What was up with Sookie's thing with Maryanne when she touched her? Jesus. I dont want to wait. Anybody have any idea if something bigger is occuring on HBO next Sunday, or is it just spreading the tension out an extra week?

I'm not sure about the break. I've noticed other shows are doing it as well

as for the finale

I think Bill will pretend to offer Sam as a sacrifice. Bill is about to get attacked and maybe Eric sacrifices himself to protect Bill because he promised the Queen.

If not then either Lafeyette , Tera , or maybe Jason will be one of the main deaths. Could that egg be an offsring from Tera and Eggz ?

I would like to see Bill back out of sacrificing Sam and he get's attacked. In comes Eric to save him and kill Maryanne.

I was surprised Lafeyette got turned by Maryanne. I figured since he drank Eric's blood he would be ok.

I hope things are not done with Hoyt and Jessica. Hopefully we see more of them in the finale.

I hate the two week break as well. just think what the break between this season and next will be like. lol

I can't stand when the do the two week breaks either. Not to mention the season breaks, I thought I was going to go insane waiting for the second and third seasons of Dexter

• Like 1

A run of my thoughts as I watch this episode;

- Rachael Evan Wood was a little, well.. okay so far on her first appearance. I was eating just as soon as the show opened up so that kind of ruined that.. but eh.

- Hoyt and Jessica... nooo! Don't let anything bad happen to that. :(

- Tara is really getting on my nerves now.. ahh god, even when she isn't under Maryanne's possession I can't stand her.

- Jason is starting to turn around again after the "do you have para-military training, did you go to a leadership conference?" but I still love the character right now.

- Hate Tara's mother now too. And holy shit ERIC IN A DRESS IS FUCKED UP.

- "HEY ANDY! COME DANCE WITH ME!"

- Lafayette is an awesome character and I am SO glad they didn't kill him off like they did in the books.

- So Tara was the one who caused all this fucked-uppery? Way to go, just another reason to hate on you bitch.

- Jason and Andy are the comedic team of the year.

- "Ohhh! I got a yellow one"

- What the fuck did Eric just do? Did he just Superman that shit?

- Bitch cutting off her own finger was just fucked up, entirely fucked up. That entire house was creepy as hell.

- Interesting way that they're explaining how to get rid of Maryanne.

- Lafayette! NO!

• Like 1

can't believe I missed the bit bout Tara. So Miss Janet must have been a witch in some ways right ?

I agree about Tara and her mom. They get on my nerves. Earlier in the season I was hoping one would get killed off. now i want bot gone.

• Like 1

Nice build to the season finale. Having to wait two weeks sucks though. It's going to be even worse afterwards though. As for my thoughts on the episode..

Rachael Evan Wood's character is great. I quite like her. Almost forgot about the Tara voodoo thing from last season, good way to tie everything together there. That egg is quite strange too, I was thinking it was the god but that doesn't make much sense. Honestly, I'm completely stumped as to what it could be. The season finale should be awesome though. I really don't want anyone to die (except Maryanne) but It's definitely feeling like that's exactly what is going to happen.

• Like 1

can't believe I missed the bit bout Tara. So Miss Janet must have been a witch in some ways right ?

Well Maryanne said that Miss Janet wasn't a witch or supernatural in any which way.. it was the ritual that did it and she didn't understand that all the hokum that she was making up would actually do SOMETHING. And fuck me for not realizing the thing about the eyes the second time I watched through that episode.

• Like 1

Fuck. I didnt even realize about the eyes until just now. Very good way the writers tied the Tera/demon ritual thing in with Maryanne, and I doubt I would have ever put together Tera's vision of herself as a kid having the big black bugeyes being the same eyes that Maryanne's influence gives to people.

And yeah. Maryanne said Miss Janet wasnt anything special and that she (Maryanne) had to use/try anything possible to be summoned or whatever. I DID always wonder, in the back of my mind, that if Miss Janet was a fraud, then how exactly did blood show up on the knife and all. Glad that the writers tied it with Maryanne.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the season finale came and went tonight, and while it was eerily peaceful compared to the previous episodes, it ended rather strongly I felt. Maryanne seemed...I don't know...not as much of a threat as I was hoping she'd be. The way it went down with Bill also seemed to be building the third season in the same fashion as the third book, albeit under very different circumstances.

It was a soothing end until the very end, but a really good ep, IMO.

• Like 1

I think I had my sights aimed far too high. Not to say the finale wasn't good, I was just expecting (not sure exactly what I was expecting) more.

Jason and Andy getting sucked into the whole thing so easily after everything was a little meh to me. Obviously they wouldn't have really done anything otherwise regardless, but I would have liked to see them attempt SOMETHING. However, Jason shooting Eggs and Andy taking the blame for it shows that Andy isn't going to be a prick towards Jason for no reason, which is good.

The ending of the MaryAnne storyline happened rather quick. Expecting it to last any longer is most likely stupid, though, because they DO have to set up for season 3. Im kind of surprised we didn't get any revelation about Sookie's mysterious glowing hands. Didn't they glow up again when she was shoving the big structure down?

I'm glad they at least gave a reasonable explanation to the egg thing. I was surprised when Sam actually got stabbed, as I thought they would have done something to prevent it, and I really thought he was dead. Then when Maryanne chased Sookie and the white bull appeared, I had no idea what the fuck was up with that and thought it was a nice way to kill Maryanne by having Sam trick her.

After Maryanne died the rest of the episode seemed like filler/'afterthoughts' until the last few minutes I would say. Again, not to say that it being filler = bad episode, becuase I was still interested in everything going on. Sam wanting to find his birth parents makes me wonder. Are they REALLY as bad as his adopted mother says? Maybe his parents are shifters too?

Bill getting kidnapped like that was weird, but a nice cliffhanger. At the moment I really didn't know who could/would do it, but after remembering that the person was wearing gloves, rather good chance it was Eric I'd say. Only reason I say that is because, what reason would a human have for wearing gloves? Outside of being a smart kidnapper, but everyone else who has used the silver chains on a vampire haven't been that smart. Plus, Eric wearing gloves makes sense since if he were to touch it, well yeah.

Im hoping the third season is more than just Bill is kidnapped. Im sure it will be, just because the series has failed to produce a bad episode to me, which means the writing is very good. I'm already wondering about the third season and a possible fourth season. Maybe they'll introduce werewolves? I say that only because when Maryanne was ready to kill Sookie and heard that noise, the first thing that came to mind was, "Are they bringing in a werewolf now?"

• Like 1

Son of a gun, I didn't expect Jason and Andy to be taken down so fucking easily but I suppose it makes sense; Jason just thinks that he was trained properly.

The egg just being an ostrich egg, yeah that makes sense in the end I guess. >_>

That whole ceremony was all kinds of fucked up; them not telling SOokie anything was retarded, but hollllly fuck Mary-Anne's death was even more so.

Oh dear lord, poor poor Hoyt.

"You might have your faults Andy, but at least you have pants on." Amen.

Eggs remains alive? There goes everything that everyone said.

And also, Andy\Jason are the breakout characters of the season. Jason and him being each others comedic foils = awesome.

I like that we're getting a lot more than just the finale to the whole Mary-Anne saga, although this is going to make it really hard to wait for next season. :(

Oh jeeeesus, poor poor Hoyt.

Annnnd well there goes Eggs. I totally take that back. Take THAT for threatening my new favorite characters.

Well shit now I have to work.

• Like 1

Thank fuck they killed Egg's, he's the only person I've hated on the show. I think they did it great with the twist of Jason doing it and there's no doubt that's going to play into the stuff he's previously had with Tera.

Smart way of killing Mary-Anne and not the way I expected, really good stuff there.

It's tough to see it being anybody else other than Eric who took Bill, but is it possibly too obvious to be him? I really thought their was going to be a huge war at the end between the two after what Eric said, so it's surely him who did it.

That was one hell of an ending though and they played the emotions brilliantly.

I think they're doing the perfect thing with Sookie in not revealing too much about what she is and her so called 'powers'. At one point I was thinking she could turn out to be a healer or something, but it doesn't seem that way now. They could easily go another season with slowly building to an explanation though.

The queen is awesome and I hope she appears more in season 3.

Jessica just shot up to being one of the most awesome characters to grace the show. While I really wanted to see the relationship with Hoyt work, I think they're going down a great path of her turning crazy and killing the hell out of people. I'm most intrigued about where they're going with her actually.

I also cant wait to see who Sam's parents are.

Overall I loved that episode and the entire season was fantastic. I think they did a brilliant job in building for season 3, because they've got a tonne of stories going right now that will continue on.

• Like 1

Nice conclusiuon, to bad they had to end it with a lame "we had to do something" cliffhanger. They rather should have used sookies answer to the proposal as clifhanger if they so desperatly needed one.

The queen obviusly will apear more in season 3... but i don´t feel the urge to she her again, what i would like to see is more vampire politics. Aside from Godric, Bill and the one on TV we have not seen any vampire that is pro Human (unless it´s keeping them as pets, and that - i don´t see as a good reason to go public)

I like that they tease that Bill is only in love with Sookie (who, again, acted really silly) because he bit her.

Don't seasons more or less ALWAYS end on some sort of cliffhanger to make sure people have something to look forward to, other than "This show is good. Can't wait for new episodes?" Don't see it as a lame cliffhanger, either. It sets up a third season. Ending with "WILL SOOKIE SAY YES TO BILL?!" would have been much more silly of a cliffhanger.

• Like 1

I am not saing that it would have been great (at least not for men) aswell as i am not saiing that TV Shows do not end on cliffhangers. I just see a difference of qualety betwen something that ties into the story and leaves us with a bunch of big intersting questions to talk about and something that just puts some kind of questionmark at the end of the show just for the sake of putting a questionmark at the end of the show.

What do we have now? Bill has been kidnaped. There is no reason for this, there was no one that would want to do this (at least not with the silver in his hands), he just has been kidnaped for the sake of being kidnaped. And thats just lame.

All the other open endings are much more interesting. Jason killing, Jessica hunting... there are reasons, there is development but still tied in with the closure of the season. You know the characters, you know why they did it, but you can only thing and guss about how everyone will deal with these big changes. Thats good stuff.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Uh... Did you not see the episode from two weeks ago where Eric told The Queen he'd take care of Bill? That right there is a reason for someone wanting to kidnap Bill, and it also explains why the person was wearing gloves. It adds more fuel to the Eric vs Bill stuff, and gets THAT storyline kicked into a main one instead of a lingering one in the background of the main one as it has been the past two seasons. How is there not development to be found there? Even if it isn't Eric, I find that it's far from cliffhanger just for the sake of cliffhanger, but to each their own.

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 1

Well, i don´t know, maybe it´s just because i hate Sookie (and since Bill is tied very close to her most of the time he dos fail to score points most of the time aswell).

I like how Sepinwall discribed the show in his Blog a cupple of moments ago.

a donut show at that (Bill and Sookie make it empty at the center)

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/09/true-blood-beyond-here-lies-nothin-no.html

I am not saing that it would have been great (at least not for men) aswell as i am not saiing that TV Shows do not end on cliffhangers. I just see a difference of qualety betwen something that ties into the story and leaves us with a bunch of big intersting questions to talk about and something that just puts some kind of questionmark at the end of the show just for the sake of putting a questionmark at the end of the show.

What do we have now? Bill has been kidnaped. There is no reason for this, there was no one that would want to do this (at least not with the silver in his hands), he just has been kidnaped for the sake of being kidnaped. And thats just lame.

All the other open endings are much more interesting. Jason killing, Jessica hunting... there are reasons, there is development but still tied in with the closure of the season. You know the characters, you know why they did it, but you can only thing and guss about how everyone will deal with these big changes. Thats good stuff.

Have you paid attention this whole season? Eric wants Sookie, he is intrigued by her and has fallen slightly in love with her, that right there is the reason why Bill got kidnapped. Take out Bill and if Eric gets close to her more often she will not be able to resist him considering she drank his blood.

I'm not sure I like Jason killing Eggs. I hope we're not getting another desperate/stupid Jason season. I wonder where they are going with Jessica. Also, Sookie mentioned that she has only met one other person who can do what she can do and that reminded me of that guy, I wouldn't surprised if he comes back next season. Another person I expect to play a bigger role is the Queen's girl-slave, the one with the pony-tails, who is Sookie's cousin and will probably want to protect/help her. Please not another "I'm fuckin' crazy" Tara season as well, I'd rather see her be....normal and sensible.

• Like 1

Exept that Eric is stuck in a Yatzee game up to five million. If you consider how fare away the queens lair is and how long she kept Bill wen he was there i highly doubt that he has anything to do with this. - At least not in person. - But i belive that this is what they want everyone to belive.

I expect fellowship of the sun leftovers to have kidnaped him. He was prominent in the church and bit one of them after the suicide bombing. Revenge planes would make sense, but feel out of place as a Season clifhanger.

I agree that Jason is walking a thin line. I liked him a lot this season but he always is very close to becoming the Matt charater of Nip/Tuck...

Except the Queen was probably just tongue in cheek about the five million thing, and probably let him go not soon after so that he could take care of Bill. Just because something isn't shown, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Besides that, just because the Queen kept Bill for so long doesn't mean she keeps EVERYONE that long. Eric is also having humans sell V for her, so she could have let him go to take care of that business as well. Again, just because we aren't shown Eric leaving the Queens lair, doesn't mean he wasn't released off screen.

Or it could be leftover FOS people.

Edited by Vitamin E