True Blood

zero

Was just reading an article about True Blood being renewed for the third season and it got me to thinking. I know it's been discussed somewhere at the front of this topic, but has anybody got more of a rough idea as to how long you think this show will last? I'm worried it might end with the third season, but I'm not too sure how long these shows usually last in all honesty. I'd hope it goes along the lines of something like Supernatural, lasting about five seasons, but I'm not sure they'll push it for that long.

Was just reading an article about True Blood being renewed for the third season and it got me to thinking. I know it's been discussed somewhere at the front of this topic, but has anybody got more of a rough idea as to how long you think this show will last? I'm worried it might end with the third season, but I'm not too sure how long these shows usually last in all honesty. I'd hope it goes along the lines of something like Supernatural, lasting about five seasons, but I'm not sure they'll push it for that long.

I think it'll go at least five, if not more. If you look at some previous shows with a similar feel, Buffy went 7, Angel 5, Supernatural is about to start it's fifth series (and is only likely to end there because the creator wants it too) and while not the same sort of show, Six Feet Under, Alan Ball's other show lasted 6 series. Factor in that there's only 13 episodes max per season, I think people will still be wanting a True Blood fix for a long while to come, just so long as the book series doesn't drop in quality, the TV Show should continue to impress. Not to mention how big anything involving Vampire's is lately after the Twilight film's release.

I can see this going about 6-7 seasons. They're not really following the books too closely, so I can see them eventually splitting off from them and doing their own thing. Since there is obviously all kinds of weird shit going on, they can bring in pretty much anything and have it make sense. I can definitely see warewolves appearing at some point which should be fun.

Jason isn't dead because, if you see the trailer, you see Jason talking to the girl after she's shot him. He's lying on the ground with red paint on his shirt.

It great how in a topic in wich for some reason the people declared every information spoiler information a real spoiler about something that has not happend yet gets posted without tags. :-D

Well...sorry, I guess? Hahaha...the tags have been giving me hell lately with the board upgrade. They seem to not wanna open for me anymore. I know that's off topic, but I figured I'd just follow the "potential spoilers" thing to the letter, and spoil something I'd already seen during a commercial and kinda just came to the conclusion.

oh well, i don´t mind, i guss everybody that knows TV knew anyway. I just thought it was a funny sight betwen all those spoiler tags that were not needed.... only imagin if someone had a real spoiler (like a big season ending spoiler) and put it into spüoilertags... everyone would read it becaus all the people are used to opening the tags. >_>

Ho. Lee. Fuck. THAT was a great epi. Shit not getting started in church WAS a little bit of a letdown, but after the rest of the epi I dont care. Godric being so levelheaded about the humans is a nice twist, as I was expecting him to want to kill all humans. Him wanting to better the human-vampire relationship by proving vampires can evolve and not be savages is a nice touch of character for him. Jason coming to senses and not being such a dumbass is good.

But fuck, the ending of the episode. I REALLY hope Godric isn't dead and that it's just a bunch of nameless vampires that died. I WANT to see more Godric or, if not, then have Eric begin following in Godric's beliefs to keep them going. The second Luke walked in wearing the coat the way he did I knew it was going to be a bomb, but still. That was a great ending to an episode.

Oh, and now we know that Eggs is the one carving the hearts out, or at least I assume since he had the knife, and it explains his relationship with Maryanne. Each preview for a new episode shows some MORE shit about to go down, and I cannot wait for the rest of the season. This is by FAR my favorite show on television right now, if not EVER.

Dude, stop moaning about her, she's awesome ;)

Fantastic episode. I actually thought Luke was going to reveal himself as a Werewolf or something. Honestly never expected a bomb and that was one hell of an ending, leaving us in suspense about what happens. I don't watch the next episode previews as it spoils way too much, so I've got no idea what's going to happen. Godric really isn't what I expected as Vit mentioned, great character.

I'm really interested about the Maryann stuff as well, because it's building more and more as the weeks go by and I haven't got a clue where it's really leading to. Is she possibly building Egg's up to eventually take somebody on or something? I really cant see these guys interacting with the vampires or anything and I think it's a completely separate story to all of that. I'm possibly expecting Sam/Eggs going against each other real soon. No clue how they're going to ever kill off Maryann. I also cant wait to see where they go with Jason now that they've tied up all of his loose ends. I actually thought the Fellowship stuff was done with, but it's obviously not, so I'm interested to see if he gets back involved in all of that.

The Jessica/Hoyt stuff is some awesome stuff on the side as well. It's nothing too over the top and it's just being played in the background nicely. Also, news ahead about a new character. Doesn't really contain spoilers, but yeah, read on if you want I guess.

Our favorite vampire show will soon get another southern Gothic infusion from North Carolina girl Evan Rachel Wood.

Evan Rachel Wood playing Queen Sophie-Ann, a new, delightfully vamped-up vampire soon to appear on True Blood. As described by series creator Alan Ball, Sophie-Ann is "very powerful, capricious and most likely insane."

Which is good. The "most likely insane" characters are the most fun ones to watch on True Blood, and we fear that Michelle Forbes' crazed maenad may not be long for this world. So it'll be nice to have a replacement, even if it's just for a few episodes. Plus, Wood is such an intriguing actress -- a perfect red-haired porcelain sexpot fit for this deep-fried show. She'll first slink onto the screen in August 30th's episode.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Dude, stop moaning about her, she's awesome ;)

Nah, she is the most terrible character on this show, the fewer she is talking/on screen the better an episode is.

I actually thought Luke was going to reveal himself as a Werewolf or something. Honestly never expected a bomb and that was one hell of an ending, leaving us in suspense about what happens.

I actualy thought bomb imediatly. But i could see this as a non lame clifhanger in wich he actualy kills a cupple of vampires (or most of em, bill is on the outside afterall) and starts the war Gordrik tried to stop. - I liked him a lot btw. Asides Bill he is the first human frindly vamp we got to see, wich is pritty litte if you consider that "they" decided to go public.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Great episode. Started off pretty slow but built and built to a fantastic ending. Godric is awesome and the way he diffused the situation at the church instead of just slaughtering everyone was much different than if any of the other vampires had their way. I really liked the swerve at the end, I expected that the Fellowship storyline was pretty much done for now but they just stepped it up by a shitload. I'm hoping that the bomb kills a shitload of vampires, but hopefully not anyone really important (Godric, Bill or Eric) and sets off the beginning of the vampire war.

The Maryanne storyline still confuses me. Honestly, I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Between Eggs and Tara eating Daphnes heart (at least that's who I thought was in the freezer) and beating the shit out of each other while black eyed there was so much crazy shit going on. Instead of thinking about it, I'm just going to watch because this could pretty much go anywhere. The whole storyline is just insane and I like the feeling of not knowing what the outcome is going to be.

Edited by Hellfire

I expected that the Fellowship storyline was pretty much done for now but they just stepped it up by a shitload.

Well, they were talking before that the Fellowship has camps all over the country, and seeing how this show is going more "unregional" (wich is a plus in my eyes) i doubt this just ends with takeing down one preacher, even if he migt have been the one on tv.

I would assume this is all building to Bill/Sookie vs. Maryanne, once they return to Bon Temps to find her living there and essentially possessing Tara.

Awesome episode though, the shit really hit the fan on this one and it looks like next week will be even crazier. Definitely echoing the Godric love, he's the most interesting addition to the show since it started.

Edited by Zero

Godric completely sucking your attention away from anyone and anything else on screen just makes me feel like he's not going to be around after this amazing episode. I almost feel like a world weary I have a dream type vampire would completely rock this show harder than it already is. I'm going to be a bit put off if Godric is dead, seeing as how Luke seemingly blew himself up near the doorway and it seemed to me like Sookie was closer and/or Jason was closer to the bomb than even Godric was (and I highly doubt they're dead). That is, of course, assuming Luke even got the bomb to go off in the first place.