True Blood

zero

Definately a dropoff from last week but that was to be expected. Still a decent episode that gets the ball rolling for the rest of the season (only two more episdoes left :()

A couple of random things I thought of during the episode:

I knew about the fairy thing and I was really hoping it would be something else because I thought it was lame so I got a kick out of Sookies line when she found out.

The stuff with Layfayette is incredibly boring to me, to the point where I'll just fast forward through any scene with him and Jesus. I wish they had something better to do.

I'm under the assumption that Hoyt is going to turn into a vampire at some point in the future.

So what the hell do we call the panther thing? Warepanther just sounds weird but that was the best I could come up with. Kinda interesting though.

Re: Crystal

Is Crystal just a shifter? Seems a little odd since her dad condescendingly referred to Sam as a shifter a few episodes back. I'd find it more interesting if the panther was her true form and she can shift into a human.

Is Crystal just a shifter? Seems a little odd since her dad condescendingly referred to Sam as a shifter a few episodes back. I'd find it more interesting if the panther was her true form and she can shift into a human.

haven't seen the ep yet, but is it def a panther... a friend was speaking to me before the ep aired and said he thinks jesus may be a jaguar styled shifter... read this and thought maybe he was correct

Now that would be a really good twist. Its nothing huge but it makes whatever crystal is different enough from the shifters and warewolves where they would think that they are better then them. I hope they go that route.

I'm sure it's nothing, but...

Tara knows all about how "going to ground" heals a vampire. The first thing she tells Jason to do is dig. She separates Franklin's clothes from his gooey remains, and buries what's left of him. Franklin was such a GREAT character, and the writers know how positively fans responded to him. Could we possibly see the fact that he was put to ground so quickly after death as a means of resurrection? I don't know. I'm just hoping for more Franklin.

I don't find the stuff with Lafayette boring at all. It appears as if he's more special than just being a bad ass gay dude, and with all the wicken/ black magic stuff being hinted at I wouldn't be surprised if it is all setting it up or Lafayette to have an even bigger role next season.

• Like 1

I actually watched the Layfayette stuff this week and it was fucking weird. Good, but fucking weird. I'm intrested in seeing if we find out how widespread the V usage is too, seems like everyone is using it. Erics plan is pretty much suicide but I definately don't see him dying here. I think this is the end for the King and hopefully Franklyn returns again because we need an awesome villain for next season.

How come vampires are superfast wen the want to, but wen someone tells them they got a stake behind their back they just stale and say "oh noes".

See, at the beginning of this episode they did it right wen Bill was fooled into getting sprayed in the face.

I don´t get why people buy these clifhangers. Eric will die almost a minute earlyer, let alone that the bad guy is a lot stronger than him and would be able to just drag him back to the inside. All in all it´s a pritty silly plan to begin with.

Otherwise a good episode, finaly everyone has some kind of purpos.

You know how Brock Lesnar's the UFC champion and yet he could still lose his debut fight against Frank Mir when his opponent pulled out something that surprised him?

It surely isn't that hard to figure out. This just seems like needless nitpicking.

As for the Eric/Rusell stuff, perhaps that's what's going to happen? Who knows? Also I think they've established that the pain the vampire's get from silver is fairly debilitating. I've never even seen them be able to struggle particularly effectively when they're in contact with it.

...Anyway, another great episode. The Lafayette/Jesus stuff freaked me the fuck out. I actually made my boyfriend go and lock the door :blush:

I'm thrilled that Hoyt and Jessica are back together (seriously, when did Hoyt get hot?) and, frankly, I LOVE arse-hole Sam. I can't wait for the finale.

SPOILERS ON ERIC/RUSSELL STUFF JUST IN CASE PEOPLE CARE:

When Godrick died, he mentioned how being so old meant it wouldn't take long to burn in the sun. I wonder if they will remember this, or it will be an epic plothole. Given Russell is 2000 years older then Eric, it should mean he burns up a shit tonne quicker then what Eric will, even though both have had the half human/pixie blood.

I mean, I'm hoping Sookie gets blood from Bill then feels the need to save Eric, and runs out there and stakes Russell.

I believe that is infact Eric's plan. Seeing as the King was already doubled over in pain, and Eric was still able to be all badass and "We'll die together." He's able to withstand the sun's ravaging just a little longer because the King is much older and more vulnerable to it. Granted, the king only has to resist for a split second to rip off Eric's head and make a bee line for the door, but I'm thinking the pain he's feeling is a bit intense for thoughts more complex than "MOTHERFUCKER!" right now.

Wow.

Cant believe they're gonna fucking make us wait near on a year with so many questions. Weird finale in places, not as good as the Season 2 finale, but still pretty damn great. The Lafayette stuff has picked up amazingly. Bill taking out Eric shocked the hell out of me at first. And man I cant wait to see where this Sookie stuff is leading.

Don't think I can last till next summer :crying: