Blackbird - Alter Bridge

Zeel1

Well done you've opened the post-grunge/contemporary metal hate can. Now watch them all swarm to this thread.

That's alright, there are always going to be wrong people in the world, I've come to accept that. Really, it just makes the correct opinion all the more special.

Fuck off. Seriously, just fuck right off.

Heh, didn't mean anything by it.

Well done you've opened the post-grunge/contemporary metal hate can. Now watch them all swarm to this thread.

That's alright, there are always going to be wrong people in the world, I've come to accept that. Really, it just makes the correct opinion all the more special.

Yes, because people are right and wrong based on their opinions about music. Thank you so much for providing this life-altering world view.

Your welcome. ^_^

YOU'RE

Eh, "Your" looks better to me. You're, just looks kinda meh to me, I don't know why. :/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you're is correct grammar...

That's opinion. ^^

[/obliviousnessness]

Edited by Zeel1

It's not even incorrect grammar, it's the WRONG WORD.

"Your" means a completely different thing to "You're". Your means belonging to you, You're is a contraction of "you are". They mean two completely different things, and they are NOT interchangeable.

I'm not a grammar nazi, I love the English language but I believe that it shouldn't abide by rigid rules of grammar and structure forced upon it by centuries-old theories written by scholars convinced that Latin and Greek restrictions should be imposed on the English language despite there being no legitimacy to that claim - HOWEVER, while that means I don't mind such things as double negatives or starting sentences with a conjunction or whatever, there really is absolutely no excuse to just confuse two words. YAHHHHHHHHH!

Christ, and you're fifteen?! What the hell do they teach you in school?

Edited by Skumaga

"Your" means a completely different thing to "You're". Your means belonging to you, You're is a contraction of "you are". They mean two completely different things, and they are NOT interchangeable.

I'm not a grammar nazi, I love the English language but I believe that it shouldn't abide by rigid rules of grammar and structure forced upon it by centuries-old theories written by scholars convinced that Latin and Greek restrictions should be imposed on the English language despite there being no legitimacy to that claim - HOWEVER, while that means I don't mind such things as double negatives or starting sentences with a conjunction or whatever, there really is absolutely no excuse to just confuse two words. YAHHHHHHHHH!

Christ, and you're fifteen?! What the hell do they teach you in school?

It's not about not being taught, it's about simply not wishing to use a certain word. It's similar to ain't - except it means more. I don't have need for the system's spamming of ''s, nor do I need their ampersands - which should SO be called andersands. I mean, seriously.

Fine, from now on I'll use the word RANCOR instead of and. I mean, I just don't wish to use that word, why should I have to?

Exactly, man, fight the power.

Have you suffered a head injury lately? I'll gladly comply if you haven't.

It's not a matter of choosing a variation of a word, "ain't" doesn't change the meaning of a sentence, it's not a different word, it's a variation on pronunciation as per dialect. Using "your" in place of "you're" just destroys any meaning, the sentence doesn't make sense. It's the same with "its" and "it's". It's not a spamming of apostrophes, they're necessary to determine what a person means. Christ, it's bad enough you doing that with a bunch of English-speakers. Imagine someone reading that when English is their second language, they wouldn't stand a chance. I'm not even going to touch the ampersand thing, that's just beyond ridiculous.

But who am I kidding, I doubt you managed to get past the word injury. Cunt.

Nah, I'm not injured, I just don't take things too seriously. It's pretty fun though, to reply to those who do, and get mad over things like what words you use, or what songs you enjoy listening to, neh-heh. ^_^

Sorta surprised this has yet to be locked.

Fine, from now on I'll use the word RANCOR instead of and. I mean, I just don't wish to use that word, why should I have to?

I'm not a grammar nazi, I love the English language but I believe that it shouldn't abide by rigid rules of grammar RANCOR structure forced upon it by centuries-old theories written by scholars convinced that Latin RANCOR Greek restrictions should be imposed on the English language despite there being no legitimacy to that claim - HOWEVER, while that means I don't mind such things as double negatives or starting sentences with a conjunction or whatever, there really is absolutely no excuse to just confuse two words. YAHHHHHHHHH!

Christ, RANCOR you're fifteen?! What the hell do they teach you in school?

:shifty:

Nah, I'm not injured, I just don't take things too seriously. It's pretty fun though, to reply to those who do, and get mad over things like what words you use, or what songs you enjoy listening to, neh-heh. ^_^

Sorta surprised this has yet to be locked.

your ghey

Seriously I hope you're in remedial classes. The only time somebody should fuck up your/you're is when you're drunk.

Which one, out of sheer interest? 'Cos the latest album's their best stuff, so if it's not from that...

ETA: Never mind, it's Gilt Complex, which is a good one, but Split Lips/Chains/Darling are all so much better >_>

Did we just timewarp to earlier in the year? <_<

Darling got a bit of play on some of the music channels a few months back, not massively popular but it was on a few times a day. It's a decent all round album, a few good songs and few... not as good ones, nothing outstanding really. I do like Gilt Complex and Darling I have to say. It's kinda a solid album. Which is good, better than most shit I seem to stumble on now thinking it won't be.

Which one, out of sheer interest? 'Cos the latest album's their best stuff, so if it's not from that...

ETA: Never mind, it's Gilt Complex, which is a good one, but Split Lips/Chains/Darling are all so much better >_>

Did we just timewarp to earlier in the year? <_<

Darling got a bit of play on some of the music channels a few months back, not massively popular but it was on a few times a day. It's a decent all round album, a few good songs and few... not as good ones, nothing outstanding really. I do like Gilt Complex and Darling I have to say. It's kinda a solid album. Which is good, better than most shit I seem to stumble on now thinking it won't be.

Split Lips was the free iTunes song, I liked it and bought the album. One of the few times one song has made me buy an album, actually, and I wasn't dirappointed.