Blackbird - Alter Bridge

Zeel1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done you've opened the post-grunge/contemporary metal hate can. Now watch them all swarm to this thread.

That's alright, there are always going to be wrong people in the world, I've come to accept that. Really, it just makes the correct opinion all the more special.

I took that as a joke. I kind of chuckled.

I'm not a big Alter Bridge fan, but I liked Creed when they were around. I'll still give them a few spins now and then.

I hope to God that was a joke, or you're going to get a serious tongue-lashing from those who care about grunge bands >_>

I skipped it because it was too easy. Both bands are great bands, and even though I don't care for Pearl Jam outside of a few songs, there is no comparing Alter Bridge to either of them. Just for starters, Alter Bridge don't have the longevity and test of time that Pearl Jam or Soundgarden's material does. And even though Soundgarden are long gone as an active group they have still have managed to hold a solid place over time.

Alter Bridge are like Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, how?

I love Alter Bridge but they sound nothing like Soundgarden or Pearl Jam. Personally the only thing I think the three bands have in common is brilliant singers with great ranges.

Admitedly it was one of those jokes that are funny at 2am in the morning but actually really shit once i'm awake >_<

Although Alter Bridge do sound a little like Soundgarden, maybe because of the ease to get into and the grungy drum timings. Then again I guess you could compare Nirvana or Rush to them based onthat alone.

Led Zeppelin say they are ready to pull the trigger on a tour with a new singer if Plant refuses to join in. Sources say the frontman first in line for the gig is Myles Kennedy, who has most recently led the rock outfit Alter Bridge.

Kennedy has rehearsed with Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham on several occasions, according to sources in the know. In a recent BBC interview, Jones confirmed the band was planning to tour but didn't refer to Kennedy by name.

411mania.com/music

Now granted that's from 411, but it's a rumour I've heard a lot from a good few places.

Led Zeppelin say they are ready to pull the trigger on a tour with a new singer if Plant refuses to join in. Sources say the frontman first in line for the gig is Myles Kennedy, who has most recently led the rock outfit Alter Bridge.

Kennedy has rehearsed with Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham on several occasions, according to sources in the know. In a recent BBC interview, Jones confirmed the band was planning to tour but didn't refer to Kennedy by name.

411mania.com/music

Now granted that's from 411, but it's a rumour I've heard a lot from a good few places.

Also from 411: KIM KARDASHIAN'S ASS GROWS LARGER; EATS SEVERAL SMALL ANIMALS... I'M OFF TO MASTURBATE BY AJ GREY.

I suppose I better get my post back on topic by stating I'm off to see Alter Bridge tonight. So, uh, hooray for that.

RIP GA 1987-2008

Close actually. I was in the second row, well as good as first as I stood behind some really small people, and I had to suffer Justin Hawkins (ex-Darkness) wafting his symbolic penis (guitar) towards our area. It's more than enough to bring someone to their death.