Rock Against Bush Vol 2 track listing

Maxx

677.jpeg

01 Favorite Son-Green Day

02 Let Them Eat- War Bad Religion

03 Unity-Operation Ivy

04 Necrotism: Decanting The Insalubrious (Cyborg Midnight) Part 7 -The Lawrence Arms

05 We Got The Power- Dropkick Murphys

06 Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly

07 Doomsday Breach - Only Crime

08 Gas Chamber - Foo Fighters

09 Status Pools - Lagwagon

10 What You Say - Sugarcult

11 7 Years Down - Rancid

12 Off With Your Head - Sleater-Kinney

13 Scream Out - The Unseen

14 Violins - Yellowcard

15 Like Spewells On a Wheelchair - Dillinger Four

16 Chesterfield King (Live) - Jawbreaker

17 Born Free (Live) - Bouncing Souls

18 No Hope (Live) - Mad Caddies

19 Kids Today - The Dwarves

20 Can't Wait To Quit - Sick of it All

21 Comforting Lie - No Doubt

22 State Of Fear - Useless ID

23 I'm Thinking - Autopilot Off

24 My Star The- (International) Noise Conspiracy

25 Time's Up - Donots

26 Kill The Night - Hot Water Music

27 You're Gonna Die - Thought Riot

28 Fields Of Agony (Acoustic) - No Use For A Name

*dances*

New Green Day a full six weeks before the new album is released!

I'm disappointed because they said The Used would be on Vol.2, but on the same token, very happy that Good Charolette are not.

No where near as good as volume one, but i'll probably find some kind of chance to listen to it. Not every punk band is into politics, per say, rather they're into making a difference because they feel very anti-Bush.

Good Charlotte wouldn't be on it because their record label said it wasn't a good idea apparently.

Two bands that I like.

I'll give it a miss.

And why exactly are every punk band into politics?

Because they had a lot to be pissed about in Britian in '77.

This CD is much, MUCH better than the other one. Probably some pretenious music fans won't like it, but it is a stacked punk rock compilation. Green Day, Operation Ivy, Bad Religion, DKM, Flogging Molly, Rancid, Bouncing Souls, The (International) Noise Conspiracy... but really, only a few of those bands should be included on a CD where it is talking about politics. I mean, Drunken Lullabies isn't a political song...

Edited by PunkRockPete

Two bands that I like.

I'll give it a miss.

Because that was the point of punk. That's how it started...

There are two good bands (Bad Religion, International Noise Conspiracy) and two decent ones (Op Ivy, Rancid). But the Op Ivy song sucks.

So it pretty much sucks.

Green Day's new stuff is a linear album, that has quite a few songs that go over the 7 minute mark.

They termed it a "Punk Rock Opera" and its heavily based around politics and the current state of the world, while at the same time, a coming of age tale.

I am currently trying to win a trip to see Green Day in Colorado

Two bands that I like.

I'll give it a miss.

the basic of punk is political left, you cannot be political left wen you have no political opinion . . . even the worst bubelgum punk (blink 187, good charlet ect.) is somewhat politic, and if it only is in the anachistig though.

Matzat, I love the term Bubblegum Punk, and I will steal it.

Too much Bubblegum Punk on this album, if you want a real Rock Against Bush album, I suggest KMFDM's "WWIII." Most of the songs are against Bush, and rocks a hell of a lot harder than this will.

I mean, Drunken Lullabies isn't a political song...

It wasn't origionally, but can be taken as one for some of the lyrics:

"Must it take a life for hateful lies, to glisten once again

So we find ourselves in the same old mess, singing drunken lullabies"

Most of their songs were written about politics where they're from anyways, right?

Matzat, I love the term Bubblegum Punk, and I will steal it.

Too much Bubblegum Punk on this album, if you want a real Rock Against Bush album, I suggest KMFDM's "WWIII."  Most of the songs are against Bush, and rocks a hell of a lot harder than this will.

FUCK YES!!!

You are speaking my language.

KMFDM > *

Both these CD's suck. Let's not Rock Against Bush, let's Rock Against Politics. I always thought punk was supposed to be anti-government, not anti-president.

Well, it can be. But NOFX organized these discs for said purpose of speaking out against Bush. Since the president is part of the government, and the current one is overly criticized (most times, deserving of it) it's just these guys way of having their voices heard.

Apple, I guess you could look at it from that perspective. I just don't see Flogging Molly is a political band, more an Irish Drinking band. But that is just useless stereotypes and the such.

And I agree with whoever said lets rock against Politics. I think a lot of the songs will simply be rock against Politics, but they just sold their songs towards a cause they believed in. And just because they don't support Bush, doesn't mean they support Kerry (see The (International)Noise Conspiracy who has trashed the neo-Liberals before).