Pushing Daisies canceled

zero

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20081121/en_top_eo/69940

Los Angeles (E! Online) – ABC has canceled Pushing Daisies, executive producer Bryan Fuller confirms to me exclusively.

According to our inside sources, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money have also been canceled. Reps for both shows have declined to comment.

Is the pie-maker dead? Will we ever see him again? Read on for the exclusive inside dish straight from the top...

Bryan Fuller tells me, "[ABC president] Steve McPherson called me, and said 'We gave it the best shot we could.' "

According to Fuller, the facts are these: "It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger. But we are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.

"To be honest, I'm really not feeling very boo hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."

As reported by the Hollywood Reporter and E! News earlier today, the ratings for last night's "Oh, Oh, Oh, It's Magic" episode were the series' worst ever numbers in the key 18-49 demographic.

I haven't seen any of the second season and I know people have said it lost its charm, but it's just a fucking bummer. It was possibly the most creative show in recent years I hate to see it go. Hopefully we can get a movie to at least wrap everything up. What an awful year for TV.

Lost its charm? Where are these people, I would like to punch them. Seriously - I've been slacking and not watching much of season 2 - but the episodes I have seen have been just as wonderful as season 1 was.

This really does suck, though.

Edited by CAPSLOCK CLOUDY

Balls. It was, much like Dead Like Me, a very cool but unappreciated show. Maybe we'll get some form of movie however, after the DLM film. I suppose they could always move networks too. NBC might want to pinch another thing from ABC.

The first few episodes of season 2 were every bit as good as season 1. Yet another Bryan Fuller show gets canned prematurely.

Completely disagreed; the first couple episodes of season two really weren't much good and the show didn't really hit its stride this season until the brilliant episode set at the nunnery Olive was staying at, and since then the show has, for the most part, been really phenomenal, either offering great murder mysteries ("Dim Sum Lose Some") or good character studies ("Oh, Oh, Oh, It's Magic" and basically everything revolving around Ned's father issues, which are so much more interesting than his love-of-his-life-that-he-can-never-touch issues).

Really unfortunate, but it's not exactly a shock because I figured Pushing Daisies was doomed from the moment I saw the first episode. It's too quirky, too off-beat, and though they were establishing them this season (what the fuck was the deal with Dwight Dixon, anyway?), they didn't really do a good job of offering real hooks to keep the viewer watching week to week. Maybe it could have survived on premium cable, but as a network show Pushing Daisies was lucky to get half a season longer than I expected it to.

The writer's strike killed this show, but I didn't expect it to last past 30 episodes either way since Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls didn't fare any better and DLM was much better at executing the character stuff that PD didn't start until a few weeks ago. My guess is some derivative cop/legal drama will replace it and do better in the ratings with a much less interesting concept. Such is life on free TV.

Edited by naiwf

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20081121/en_top_eo/69940

Los Angeles (E! Online) – ABC has canceled Pushing Daisies, executive producer Bryan Fuller confirms to me exclusively.

According to our inside sources, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money have also been canceled. Reps for both shows have declined to comment.

Is the pie-maker dead? Will we ever see him again? Read on for the exclusive inside dish straight from the top...

Bryan Fuller tells me, "[ABC president] Steve McPherson called me, and said 'We gave it the best shot we could.' "

According to Fuller, the facts are these: "It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger. But we are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.

"To be honest, I'm really not feeling very boo hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."

As reported by the Hollywood Reporter and E! News earlier today, the ratings for last night's "Oh, Oh, Oh, It's Magic" episode were the series' worst ever numbers in the key 18-49 demographic.

I haven't seen any of the second season and I know people have said it lost its charm, but it's just a fucking bummer. It was possibly the most creative show in recent years I hate to see it go. Hopefully we can get a movie to at least wrap everything up. What an awful year for TV.

:w00t: I found that funny.

About the show being canceled, I'm a little bit bummed out. Chuck is fucking smoking, but creatively there's really nowhere they could have taken Ned and Chuck. What's disappointing about it all is that there's no way you can get a happy ending out of this show. There's no way he can ride off to in the sunset with Chuck, and then bang her. It's love, but it's love from a distance, so unless they're covered in saran wrap, there's no touching, which means no real happy ending.

But, what does really piss me off is that Eli Stone got canceled. Maggie is a total babe. And, I'm not the most spiritual guy in the world, but this show is as uplifting of a show on TV as you'll find. Honestly, watching that show would make anyone feel good inside. It really is a shame to see it canceled.

Damn. This is one of the few prime time shows that I really enjoy. :(

I just finished up season 1 last night and have been Tivoing season 2. I'd honestly hate to see it transition to a comic book because the actors made their characters. It just wouldn't be as likable. But if another network doesn't pick it up or a movie deal falls through, I guess I'll take what I can get just to see everything wrapped up. If they do a comic book, I hope they just tie up loose ends and let it rest instead of dragging it out.

I'd honestly hate to see it transition to a comic book because the actors made their characters. It just wouldn't be as likable.

Agreed, while I think that it is certainly stylized enough visually to transfer over, I think a lot of what makes the characters work would be lost--not to mention some of the best parts of the series like Olive breaking into song wouldn't translate over very well either.