Geo-Political Simulator

METALMAN

How the fuck are you meant to accomplish the 'double your territory' game? I don't even know which country would be good to pick for it.

So just for a laugh, I took South Africa and immediately invaded Swaziland, with the following consequences:

- A national strike, without a couple of million people taking to the streets to protest and/or riot.

- My Minister for Defence got assassinated by a disgruntled member of the public.

- The UN passed a resolution to take military action to kick me out of Swaziland.

- The United States President called me to meet him, wherein he essentially told me to behave or he'd fuck me right up.

- Swaziland was completely overwhelmed but they refused to sign a treaty for me to annex them, presumably because a UN taskforce was being constructed at the time.

- My Minister for Homeland Security begged me to let her resign in the face of the massive riots. I said no.

- It was deemed necessary to declare martial law to keep the citizens in line.

- I was advised to tender my resignation no fewer than three times by one of my ministers. I refused, and after the third time I also sacked the minister for being irritating.

Good fun. >_>

• Like 1

So attacking the Faroe Islands with Iceland backfired. But the final nail in my coffin was probably when I dissolved parliament and banned parties left, right and center, so to speak.

So I started up another game as Togo and it is going remarkably well. Civil rights are being dished out, freedom of press et al.

How is military action taken care of? Do you just say you want to and it's taken care of from there, or do you select what kind of forces to move in?

Your forces are kept in bases around the map. You can either tell your MoD to attack X country, or you can click on the units yourself and tell them to move/attack. I find the ground units a bit annoying, but I do enjoy ordering missile strikes from my airforce. :pervert:

How the fuck are you meant to accomplish the 'double your territory' game? I don't even know which country would be good to pick for it.

So just for a laugh, I took South Africa and immediately invaded Swaziland, with the following consequences:

- A national strike, without a couple of million people taking to the streets to protest and/or riot.

- My Minister for Defence got assassinated by a disgruntled member of the public.

- The UN passed a resolution to take military action to kick me out of Swaziland.

- The United States President called me to meet him, wherein he essentially told me to behave or he'd fuck me right up.

- Swaziland was completely overwhelmed but they refused to sign a treaty for me to annex them, presumably because a UN taskforce was being constructed at the time.

- My Minister for Homeland Security begged me to let her resign in the face of the massive riots. I said no.

- It was deemed necessary to declare martial law to keep the citizens in line.

- I was advised to tender my resignation no fewer than three times by one of my ministers. I refused, and after the third time I also sacked the minister for being irritating.

Good fun. >_>

I went Swaziland. It is a lot worse from their point of view.

When I first intended to go Swaziland I accidentally ended up clicking on Switzerland. Woops. Went them anyway. Such an easy country to go. Budget surplus and that. I put us in the EU and UN Security Council. Just because I could. I was allowed in the EU but not the UN Security Council.

Well, I like to try out games such as these before buying them and considering there's no demo available, I thought I'd download it to see what it was like and then consider buying it.

The game is 80AUD which is alot for a game that is, whilst intriguing, fairly expensive considering I have heard little about it and haven't had any oppurtunity to play it.