Geo-Political Simulator

METALMAN

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Three! Our three main weapons are surprise, fear, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope...oh...four! Our four main weapons are...oh, forget it...come in again...

Just had an immense game as Israel. It rapidly descended into World War 3 with everyone going after each other. A quick timelime of what happened:

Iran attacked Iraq

The United States and Great Britain declared war on Iran

Iran destroyed Baghdad with a nuclear weapon

France declared war on Iran

France violated my airspace to launch attacks on Iranian targets

I (Israel) pledged to support the defence of Iraqi territory and sent the armed forces to Iran, however to avoid pissing off Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia I moved them round the long way through the Red Sea and round.

China declared war on the US, Britain, France and Israel.

Venezuala, Colombia and the British Virgin Islands attacked the United States.

The United States, Canada and France declared war on Venezuala and Colombia.

China destroyed Jerusalem with a nuclear weapon killing three million people and also destroying the Palestinian West Bank.

Palestine declared war on China.

Bangladesh and Pakistan invaded India.

India declared war on Bangladesh and Pakistan.

China invaded India.

India declared war on China.

North Korea and Vietnam pledged their support to China.

South Korea declared war on North Korea, China and Vietnam.

Israel launched chemical weapon attacks on Beijing and Shanghai.

France launched a nuclear strike on Iran.

I pulled my forces back to Israel.

Syria and Jordan declared war on Israel.

Israel launched a chemical strike on Damascus.

And then I was deposed after sixteen months. Epic game (Y)

I love how it seems like they just couldn't be bothered declaring war on British Virgin Islands

Edited by metalman

I've got some money to spare this month and a PC just aching to try out new games, to those who have played it, is it worth it if I've got a little bit of expendable income ready, can you get properly engrossed in it like, say Civilization?

My longest time playing Civilization: 3.5 days.

My longest time playing this: 30 minutes.

So no.

I've got some money to spare this month and a PC just aching to try out new games, to those who have played it, is it worth it if I've got a little bit of expendable income ready, can you get properly engrossed in it like, say Civilization?

My longest time playing Civilization: 3.5 days.

My longest time playing this: 30 minutes.

So no.

Good, I'll just buy the Civ IV expansions and Colonization expansion for £30 instead then :D

Colonization is stand-alone rather than an expansion, I think. Not that it matters.

I bought it but haven't played very much of it. It seemed like I never had enough time to expand at any decent rate and build up a decent trade/manufacturing infrastructure.

• 2 weeks later...

For those looking for a game that you don't have to download or pay for check out this forum.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/For_Dolo/index.php?

I'm not trying to advertise another forum. It is mainly a giant game where members take over countries and run them how they are supposed to be run in certain situations. The current year is 1946, so it's right after World War II, providing an interesting time set. There is currently a civil war in China and the USSR has just invaded Poland, so there is so global crisis.

If you do join, please take an Eastern European country! We don't have enough!

BTW if you don't want me doing this sorry and just edit the link out of the post. Those who still want it can PM me if this link is gone.

Said fuck it, and bought the game, as it was on special for 60AU.

Went Zimbabwe to try and save them. Thus far after a month have done quite well. Started some trade with the USA to bring in some new money, and then spent it on better education, better health care and also better agriculture.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy bump. I've had a quick look, but just want to know (I didn't read most of this thread) I'm guessing there still isn't any kind of free demo or any idea of it.

I have a real itch to do some gaming like this, diplomacy and foreign affairs, politcal ideologies and the like. But I just can't see where I can fork out £35 or so for something that I don't think will hold my attention until this time next week. And i'm guessing the next best alternative is pretty shit, and I'm figuring trying to pirate it will end up in it taking aaages to complete by which time I'll have lost interest and/or get to the point where it won't work. So can anyone confirm - no demo? and.. there's nothing nearly as good available to play? so i'll just have to get over it and wait out my urge?

Gay :(

Holy bump. I've had a quick look, but just want to know (I didn't read most of this thread) I'm guessing there still isn't any kind of free demo or any idea of it.

I have a real itch to do some gaming like this, diplomacy and foreign affairs, politcal ideologies and the like. But I just can't see where I can fork out £35 or so for something that I don't think will hold my attention until this time next week. And i'm guessing the next best alternative is pretty shit, and I'm figuring trying to pirate it will end up in it taking aaages to complete by which time I'll have lost interest and/or get to the point where it won't work. So can anyone confirm - no demo? and.. there's nothing nearly as good available to play? so i'll just have to get over it and wait out my urge?

Gay :(

I've been waiting around for months due to financial issues, and plus spending £35 on a game is fucking drinking money for me. No game will ever take precious pub time away.